Season Tickets 2015/16 - ST sales have now ended

Radio Ga Ga

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it wasn't but obviously it's looking like I'm wrong.

SPFL = Scottish Professional Football League

Organisation encompassing both the Ladbrokes Premiership, Championship and Leagues 1 and 2.

Carl Spackler

I see somebody mentioning a Debit Card there earlier. Surely that's OK for Hearts? Or have I ballsed up when I renewed using my one?

I see somebody mentioning a Debit Card there earlier. Surely that's OK for Hearts? Or have I ballsed up when I renewed using my one?

Cash and cheque good.  Card bad.

Carl Spackler

Baws. Sorry Hearts.I thought Debit would be OK.

Is there much difference between the charges for a debit card and a cheque. I thought they were about the same.

Biffa Bacon

Is there much difference between the charges for a debit card and a cheque. I thought they were about the same.

FarmerTweedy

I thought it wasn't but obviously it's looking like I'm wrong.

I didn't wonder for a moment if you had a major scoop regarding their financial position!

How much capacity will we lose in segregation? I'm assuming a judgment will be made on how big a gap is required based on previous meetings between clubs ie bigger gap v Celtic, smaller gap v Killie.

Cant wait for the season to start, it seems to have been ages since we played our last game.

good question

the first Rangers game crowd was still 17,000 despite segregation

Sorry I didn't understand!!

Rudolf's Mate

I didn't wonder for a moment if you had a major scoop regarding their financial position!

Lol no.

That's the thing about living away from Scotland. I pay virtually no notice of what's going on about anything other than Hearts.

I thought that it was Scottish Premier Football League and thought I'd even heard it mentioned on beeb.

Dagger Is Back

Great take up rate but I'm still banging on about the club missing a trick re STs that aren't being used for games.

No mention in the ST pack about gifting the ticket back to the club

No online facility to allow people to do it easily without having to phone ( I realise that for some, phoning the club and doing so isn't an issue but for others it is)

This was raised with David Southern back in Oct 2012 and nothings been done. I really don't see what the difficulty is.

Time for an email.

Riddley Walker

Great take up rate but I'm still banging on about the club missing a trick re STs that aren't being used for games.

No online facility to allow people to do it easily without having to phone ( I realise that for some, phoning the club and doing so isn't an issue but for others it is)

This was raised with David Southern back in Oct 2012 and nothings been done. I really don't see what the difficulty is.

Time for an email.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure you can phone the club and request this on a game-by-game basis.

Dagger Is Back

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure you can phone the club and request this on a game-by-game basis.

Yeah you can. The point I'm making and have been for ages, is that not everyone knows that. There has been no pro-active communication from the club to tell ST holders that this is something that can be easily done and highlighting the financial benefits to the club. I'm sure David Southern told me that there were around 400 tickets returned for one of the Hibs games that they could then re-sell. That's potentially a five figure sum!

I'd like to see Hearts publicising it pro-actively and looking at how to make it really simple for people to do. That includes giving them at least a couple of options on how they d it i.e. phone/online/over the counter.

Gorgie_Rules

Time for an email.

Totally agree. Out of the group I go to the games with there is usually always someone that cant make it due to work etc, it needs to be made easy for fans to put their seat up for sale, its potentially gifting the club an extra ?20+

Dont believe a company like Ticketmaster should find it too difficult to implement

Jambo 4 Ever

Totally agree. Out of the group I go to the games with there is usually always someone that cant make it due to work etc, it needs to be made easy for fans to put their seat up for sale, its potentially gifting the club an extra ?20+

Dont believe a company like Ticketmaster should find it too difficult to implement

What about giving the ticket holder a ?5 voucher to the shop if the seat is sold too so gives fans a bit of an incentive to let the ticket office know they cant make a game.

Ideally we wouldnt have to give the voucher incentive but it is a win win if the seat is re-sold

Riddley Walker

Yeah you can. The point I'm making and have been for ages, is that not everyone knows that. There has been no pro-active communication from the club to tell ST holders that this is something that can be easily done and highlighting the financial benefits to the club. I'm sure David Southern told me that there were around 400 tickets returned for one of the Hibs games that they could then re-sell. That's potentially a five figure sum!

I'd like to see Hearts publicising it pro-actively and looking at how to make it really simple for people to do. That includes giving them at least a couple of options on how they d it i.e. phone/online/over the counter.

Fair enough.

fabienleclerq

What about giving the ticket holder a ?5 voucher to the shop if the seat is sold too so gives fans a bit of an incentive to let the ticket office know they cant make a game.

Ideally we wouldnt have to give the voucher incentive but it is a win win if the seat is re-sold

Good idea, also means likely more money spent on merchandise.

Not pulling you up either, but for anyone who has not yet renewed, paying by cheque also saves the club money.

I wrote my first cheque in ages yesterday.

Renewed 2 today, paid by cheque .. Aaahh cheque the power of the pen .. PHM, lol

A few more fans arrived while I was browsing the shop , also renewing season tickets .

Onwards and upwards, looking forward to the new season ..

Jambof3tornado

How many season tickets can we actually sell,remembering a need to keep some for walk ups? Has the club announced the cap?

How many season tickets can we actually sell,remembering a need to keep some for walk ups? Has the club announced the cap?

I would assume that if we can sell out the 3 home stands plus H and J in the Roseburn then section K will be used for walk ups.. I don't know what that would add up to but i guess around 15400.. assuming that our capacity is around 17600.. Roseburn stand holds around 3600.. add in 1400 for sections H and J.. Please correct me if that seems wrong.. I guess there may be around 500-1000 for hospitality.. so maybe 14400 season tickets available..

Regarding segregation how much is actually needed? I remember being at Ibrox where there was only a McEwans lager sponsor sheet covering about 5 seats separating us from the home fans.. That would seem enough to me..

dkmmgcycbwc

I would assume that if we can sell out the 3 home stands plus H and J in the Roseburn then section K will be used for walk ups.. I don't know what that would add up to but i guess around 15400.. assuming that our capacity is around 17600.. Roseburn stand holds around 3600.. add in 1400 for sections H and J.. Please correct me if that seems wrong.. I guess there may be around 500-1000 for hospitality.. so maybe 14400 season tickets available..

Regarding segregation how much is actually needed? I remember being at Ibrox where there was only a McEwans lager sponsor sheet covering about 5 seats separating us from the home fans.. That would seem enough to me..

A few years back at Ibrox I counted 3 empty rows plus one occupied by stewards (wonder who they were supporting?) and that was "segregation" in Murray's day.

Now:

83 in H

17 in Wheatfield (including 14 extra ones just released at the corner flag in G!)

7 in Main Stand

none in Gorgie

= 107 in total

For anyone interested, myself, my dad and my laddie are all renewing in G on Monday. So there's another three confirmed ;-)

In regards to folk handing tickets back, as well as publicising it, maybe the club need to give an incentive to do so? Say for example that if your seat sells, you get a ?5 discount in the club shop?

Footballfirst

In regards to folk handing tickets back, as well as publicising it, maybe the club need to give an incentive to do so? Say for example that if your seat sells, you get a ?5 discount in the club shop?

The club only benefits from resales if the game is a sellout.  If there are other seats available in the ground, then the purchaser could just as easily take up one of them.  The exception being the possibility of a premium seat being repurchased rather than a cheaper seat, but the benefit is marginal, certainly not enough to justify a discount.

H: 87

J: Gone

Is it pretty much only K to sell then when the tickets are up for sale next week?

Incedible if it is.

Is it pretty much only K to sell then when the tickets are up for sale next week?

Incedible if it is.

...and ones that haven't been renewed.

Myself and 3 of my kids just renewed for lower G.......circumstance dictates that debit card had to be used.

Now:

14 extra ones just released at the corner flag in G!)

They don't normally sell those ones in G, either because of a TV gantry just at the back of them, or wee bit too close to the away fans when Celtic or Hibs came calling.

I have made my season ticket available a couple of times over the phone with no problem.

I agree there should be some kind of awareness campaign about this facility.

While I am on the subject I would just like to enquire why there is no similar facility for away match tickets. I had a ticket I was unable to use for the Rangers match at Ibrox. i didn't know anyone who wanted to go in my place and as I was unwilling to give the ticket to a stranger I thought i would hand the ticket into Tynecastle for the club to sell/give away. The girl in the TO was adamant that they could not take the ticket off me , even when I explained that I didn't want any money for it. The response I received on that occasion disappointed me. Surely they could have found a deserving person to take it. I was advised to send the ticket in to Rangers but it was too late for that anyway as up till a couple of days before the game I was still in a position to attend. 

Another Robbo

I don't have a cheque book. Don't think I've ever written one either.

kids these days ;)

Buffalo Bill

I think the Roseburn only holds about 3,400 nowadays, since the removal of row 1 in 2005.

The 10,000 barrier will become a 13,000 barrier once we start signing players, although I'm glad the club is keeping one section for walk-ups. Tynecastle is going to be a home sell-out next season. Great news.

I agree with the point that the club need to advertise that un-used ST seats can get given back to the club for re-sale. I did this a lot with my 'spare' ST seat last season, and I reckon the club made about ?200 from it from selling it back on. 

Jambo 4 Ever

Great minds think alike - see my post at 2:40 today haha

Great minds think alike - see my post at 2:40 today haha

:facepalm: for myself! Genuinely didn't see your post bud! Maybe we should get a seat each on the board! :)

I think the Roseburn only holds about 3,400 nowadays, since the removal of row 1 in 2005.

The 10,000 barrier will become a 13,000 barrier once we start signing players, although I'm glad the club is keeping one section for walk-ups. Tynecastle is going to be a home sell-out next season. Great news.

I agree with the point that the club need to advertise that un-used ST seats can get given back to the club for re-sale. I did this a lot with my 'spare' ST seat last season, and I reckon the club made about ?200 from it from selling it back on. 

I wonder if the fact that the phase two season ticket sale starts on 10 June coincides with the date we can start registering players was intentional by the club?

FarmerTweedy

Lol no.

That's the thing about living away from Scotland. I pay virtually no notice of what's going on about anything other than Hearts.

I thought that it was Scottish Premier Football League and thought I'd even heard it mentioned on beeb.

It's entirely possible you did hear that on the beeb, there were a number of times during the season that I heard them talking about teams getting back up to the SPFL!  It's fair enough for someone like you, a bit away from what's going on, but it's very poor from them.

FarmerTweedy

The club only benefits from resales if the game is a sellout.  If there are other seats available in the ground, then the purchaser could just as easily take up one of them.  The exception being the possibility of a premium seat being repurchased rather than a cheaper seat, but the benefit is marginal, certainly not enough to justify a discount.

Unless we have a bad season, there are likely to be sellouts galore next season!

FarmerTweedy

kids these days ;)

Adults these days too... most banks don't issue cheque books nowadays unless you specifically request one, and most people never have any need to request one! Cheques are very 20th century!!!

Buffalo Bill

I wonder if the fact that the phase two season ticket sale starts on 10 June coincides with the date we can start registering players was intentional by the club?

I'm not sure but last summer's signings were announced in a slick procession :)

A debit card payment is exactly the same as a cheque payment and the club is quite happy for you to pay for your ticket with one. I have checked this with senior management.

What they don't want is for you to pay by credit card because the credit card company charges a fee, plus your payment is only released to Hearts in staged payments over the course of the football season, as we are still regarded as a bad credit risk.  The reason for this is because, if you pay by credit card, the card company automatically insures you against the risk of the club not being able to deliver the service for which you have paid. If you pay by debit card, the money is transferred straight from your account to the club's - nothing is withheld and, if the club did go bust (unlikely!) you are on your own.

FarmerTweedy

Phase two doesn't start until the 15th!  Phase one pricing and renewals ends on the 10th, then the 11th, 12th and 13th are reserved for folk who have bought but would like to move seat to do so if there are any available that they'd prefer, and then phase two gets under way on Monday 15th!

A debit card payment is exactly the same as a cheque payment and the club is quite happy for you to pay for your ticket with one. I have checked this with senior management.

What they don't want is for you to pay by credit card because the credit card company charges a fee, plus your payment is only released to Hearts in staged payments over the course of the football season, as we are still regarded as a bad credit risk.  The reason for this is because, if you pay by credit card, the card company automatically insures you against the risk of the club not being able to deliver the service for which you have paid. If you pay by debit card, the money is transferred straight from your account to the club's - nothing is withheld and, if the club did go bust (unlikely!) you are on your own.

I stand corrected.  Looks like my raiding the the Gorgie ATMs was all for naught, although it did feel good strolling up to the ticket office with ?300 cash in hand.  I only hope my seat grants a good view.

heartsfc_fan

I paid by debit card, only because its tricky for me to get to Tynecastle on non-match days due to working 9-5.

Glad using this method doesn't seem to cost the club any more.

I paid by debit card, only because its tricky for me to get to Tynecastle on non-match days due to working 9-5.

Glad using this method doesn't seem to cost the club any more.

What kind of % are we talking about? I was under the (apparently misguided) impression that debit card was as good as cash.

On a side note...absolutely buzzing for this season...Aberdeen at home first game please. HHGH.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Actually, as has been pointed out numerous times in this thread, there is a charge to the club for handling debit cards.

"Visa has already announced its new interchange rates for UK debit cards to its members ? 0.2% of transaction value + 1 pence per transaction (capped at a total of 50p) for chip and pin transactions. These changes will take effect as of 1 March 2015. "

For a transaction of above ?245, the charge is 50p.

Archived