Season Tickets 2015/16 - ST sales have now ended

Radio Ga Ga

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the uptake, I'm wondering if we under valued our tickets and may have lost out on some money.

I paid ?300 for mine, would probably have felt the same way of paying upwards to about ?330-350 before I moaned, under 12's @?50, would something like ?80 caused that much of a outcry?

Hibs start at around ?350 and Rangers at about ?400. @ ?350 we would need to sell 17% more tickets to make the same money, I have no idea what their child tickets are priced at.

A sell out is good, but could cost us a wee bit of money in terms of ticket sales although a sold out stadium, of course has other commercial advantages as well as footballing ones.

I agree but Ive always found the economics of football interesting. Whilst ?50 to ?80 or ?300 to ?350 doesn't seem a huge increase, and could probably be justified, it may just be more than someone buying two or three kids as well one for themselves (and partner) could afford. My total for two was ?400 - if it had been ?500 I would have thought twice and any higher probably not.

We might have sold the same at a higher price but we might not. And if we didnt we might have an excellent season which would have increased walk-ups or vice-versa.

Ive also heard that clubs like  Arsenal and Man Utd  'dislike' season-ticket holders as they could fill the stadium almost every week with walk-ups and, crucially, footballing tourists who pay vast amounts more in merchandising thus ensuring a substantial new revenue flow every week.

Not trying to make any real point - other than the economic philosophy behind football ticketing structures is something I wish I was clever enough to understand!

A side thought. What's the story with this singin section carry on? Who's sittin there? Is it all new ST holders or have punters moved there from the likes of G and N? Wouldn't have thought so myself but it would be interesting to know the make up of this new section (in an ideal world it would simply compliment G and N either side of it. Three separate stands willing to give it yaldy would make for a magic Tynie next year).

By The Light..

Renewing two tomorrow in Wheatfield, row 10, hoping to move a bit higher up for better view with less restriction from the stream of mid match pie buyers.

19 y/o is full adult price, without me funding this my son wouldnt be renewing, fair enough U12 bargain pricing, but i think the club is missing a trick with U21 who are not full time students

Renewing two tomorrow in Wheatfield, row 10, hoping to move a bit higher up for better view with less restriction from the stream of mid match pie buyers.

19 y/o is full adult price, without me funding this my son wouldnt be renewing, fair enough U12 bargain pricing, but i think the club is missing a trick with U21 who are not full time students

19 year olds should be paying full price.  He should also have a job.

By The Light..

19 year olds should be paying full price.  He should also have a job.

Has a job ?5.13 ph

FarmerTweedy

Based on the uptake, I'm wondering if we under valued our tickets and may have lost out on some money.

I paid ?300 for mine, would probably have felt the same way of paying upwards to about ?330-350 before I moaned, under 12's @?50, would something like ?80 caused that much of a outcry?

Hibs start at around ?350 and Rangers at about ?400. @ ?350 we would need to sell 17% more tickets to make the same money, I have no idea what their child tickets are priced at.

A sell out is good, but could cost us a wee bit of money in terms of ticket sales although a sold out stadium, of course has other commercial advantages as well as footballing ones.

There have been quite a few complaints in the past about the jump in price from the u12 ST price to the next age group and I've suggested, not entirely jokingly, that the way to solve that is to increase the u12 price. I have to say, I do think prices are very good value for next season, and I think there's scope for increases a little above inflation over the next few years, but there's a fine line between maximising income and starting to put people off.

I do think the club recognise that a lot of fans have dug really deep over the last two or three years, what with the share issue, then donations and fund raising while we were in administration, plus the huge ticket sales last season, not to mention the FoH contributions that lots of people are making, and simply don't want to stretch people too far. Overall, I think they've got things about right for the coming season.

Hibs start at around ?350 and Rangers at about ?400. @ ?350 we would need to sell 17% more tickets to make the same money, I have no idea what their child tickets are priced at.

A sell out is good, but could cost us a wee bit of money in terms of ticket sales although a sold out stadium, of course has other commercial advantages as well as footballing ones.

Gold and Platinum are both well over ?300.

Football in Scotland is already vastly overpriced without fans campaigning to get the prices raised!

Francis Albert

Gold and Platinum are both well over ?300.

Football in Scotland is already vastly overpriced without fans campaigning to get the prices raised!

I wouldn't campaign for increased prices, but as far as Hearts STs are concerned I think it is pretty difficult to argue that football is "vastly overpriced" given the level of demand.

I wouldn't campaign for increased prices, but as far as Hearts STs are concerned I think it is pretty difficult to argue that football is "vastly overpriced" given the level of demand.

People don't go in Scotland because it is good value. Fans go to support a team that have been winning.

I have my season ticket, have for 17 years and will do for many more.

If hearts are winning more fans will go, if we have a bad season then fans will tail off.

If you look at teams abroad and what they charge for some of the quality on show then yes Scottish football is vastly overpriced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabienleclerq

Depends on your point of view, obviously this year and last year supply and demand would suggest Hearts were about right in their pricing. Quality wise I don't think its value for money, we pay more now than we did in 98 for example when the league was better quality. Also people will always buy season tickets, unless it's way over the top with pricing I'll always have one regardless of quality or the amount of games I can make.

jack D and coke

People don't go in Scotland because it is good value. Fans go to support a team that have been winning.

If hearts are winning more fans will go, if we have a bad season then fans will tail off.

If you look at teams abroad and what they charge for some of the quality on show then yes Scottish football is vastly overpriced

Is it though? At the end of the day you can argue the semantics of what your watching but I wouldn't be paying ?50 or ?60 like the English Premiership a week no matter who was playing for Hearts. Hazard, Ozil, Rooney I couldn't care a monkeys I wouldn't be paying a grand a year for the privilege of watching it frankly. The English football fan is truly mugged.

At ?350 for the season in Scotland's top flight, I'm not sure there's too much to have a problem with that there tbh.

fabienleclerq

Is it though? At the end of the day you can argue the semantics of what your watching but I wouldn't be paying ?50 or ?60 like the English Premiership a week no matter who was playing for Hearts. Hazard, Ozil, Rooney I couldn't care a monkeys I wouldn't be paying a grand a year for the privilege of watching it frankly. The English football fan is truly mugged.

At ?350 for the season in Scotland's top flight, I'm not sure there's too much to have a problem with that there tbh.

Im sure Everton had season tickets for around ?400/450. I also watched Man city for ?40, ?28 to see Jamie hammil the same season or ?40 for yaya, silva and aguero.

jack D and coke

Im sure Everton had season tickets for around ?400/450. I also watched Man city for ?40, ?28 to see Jamie hammil the same season or ?40 for yaya, silva and aguero.

When you put it like that[emoji1]

Hamill :facepalm:

I still think the English fans are mugged when you consider the clubs were getting over ?6m per game under the last deal. ?12m this time and they're still bending you over for a ?40?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If we dropped the price of tickets we would fall even further behind smaller clubs in England and the standard would drop considerably.

I agree but Ive always found the economics of football interesting. Whilst ?50 to ?80 or ?300 to ?350 doesn't seem a huge increase, and could probably be justified, it may just be more than someone buying two or three kids as well one for themselves (and partner) could afford. My total for two was ?400 - if it had been ?500 I would have thought twice and any higher probably not.

We might have sold the same at a higher price but we might not. And if we didnt we might have an excellent season which would have increased walk-ups or vice-versa.

Ive also heard that clubs like  Arsenal and Man Utd  'dislike' season-ticket holders as they could fill the stadium almost every week with walk-ups and, crucially, footballing tourists who pay vast amounts more in merchandising thus ensuring a substantial new revenue flow every week.

Not trying to make any real point - other than the economic philosophy behind football ticketing structures is something I wish I was clever enough to understand!

This is an important point that I think a lot of people forget.

Those that go along every week will not be continually buying mechandise like someone attending his/her first game.

Francis Albert

My post was specifically about Hearts pricing. I don't think at any time at least since the new stands were built that a reduction in price would have increased revenue. I am not sure the same doesn't apply before then. So Hearts have not "vastly overpriced".

Crowds will fall off in a bad season (and especially in a sequence of bad seasons) whatever the prices.

kingantti1874

If we dropped the price of tickets we would fall even further behind smaller clubs in England and the standard would drop considerably.

Correct, it's simple maths.. We do not have TV money to subsidise match day income.

I know where you are coming from but English clubs have gone beyond caring about footballs roots and they are slowly killing off the real fan base for a tourist industry. I was more relating our game to European clubs.

I went to Sunderland v Man Utd and there was a few thousand empty seats, poor atmosphere and I would not be rushing back. Stuff paying top dollar for that in a weekly basis.

I am happy with my ?350 a year season ticket, but with cup and away games it does cut into your spare cash. Hopefully our currant revival has tapped into a new section of fans that won't disappear when things don't go to plan.

jack D and coke

I know where you are coming from but English clubs have gone beyond caring about footballs roots and they are slowly killing off the real fan base for a tourist industry. I was more relating our game to European clubs.

I went to Sunderland v Man Utd and there was a few thousand empty seats, poor atmosphere and I would not be rushing back. Stuff paying top dollar for that in a weekly basis.

I am happy with my ?350 a year season ticket, but with cup and away games it does cut into your spare cash. Hopefully our currant revival has tapped into a new section of fans that won't disappear when things don't go to plan.

Not gonna argue with any of that[emoji106]

FarmerTweedy

The increased revenue that these new fans bring will certainly be raisin the chances of us being successful next season!

Good stuff. Those ?50 bairns tickets are absolutely brilliant. As other have said tho, I wish Hearts had staggered the pricing as the bairns grow. My laddie is 13 this year so his was ?200! Bit of a jump eh!! Still, a minor complaint. We've had a couple of years of the ?50 ticket so I cannie complain!!

Enjoy the ride next season mate ;-)

Yeah would like to see a price structure for 12-16, got two for my grandkids this season, hope something is done by the time they are over 12 and when the third one can go.

I don't know but is there nothing in place for a concession for students.

The increased revenue that these new fans bring will certainly be raisin the chances of us being successful next season!

:lol:

Rough count and there are 26 seats left, 3 together in section V.

Seem's a number of people are moving seats or seats being released and quickly snapped up. 

Cast No Shadow

I am reliably informed we will be publishing away supports this coming season. ?50 charity bet on Dundee averaging more than UTD per game ?

Double that amount. :smuggy:

Double that amount. :smuggy:

Winning money to Big Hearts or to the FoH?

No extra time has been given for renewals, all that's happening is that when season tickets go back on sale on Monday after the moving period, the first couple of days are still going to be at phase one prices to give folk who want to buy just now, but can't because seats aren't available, the chance to buy on Monday or Tuesday at the lower price when more seats have been freed up.

Hearts have confirmed that on twitter @JamTarts this morning

"Today's 5pm deadline for existing season ticket holders to renew remains in place, as does the moving period from 11-13 June."

My post was specifically about Hearts pricing. I don't think at any time at least since the new stands were built that a reduction in price would have increased revenue. I am not sure the same doesn't apply before then. So Hearts have not "vastly overpriced".

Crowds will fall off in a bad season (and especially in a sequence of bad seasons) whatever the prices.

It is vastly overpriced for what you get. Supply and demand isn't a valid comparator in football because it doesn't have a competitive market. If I don't think Hearts is fairly priced, I'm not going to go to Easter Road instead to save a couple of quid.

I'm buying a ST because I want to go, but I don't at all feel it represents good value for money.

3fingersreid

Yeah would like to see a price structure for 12-16, got two for my grandkids this season, hope something is done by the time they are over 12 and when the third one can go.

I've always maintained that any person in full time secondary education should be paying around ?100/125 given that they won't be working and the expense falls on the parents / carers which can add up fast

Fantastic sales tho :)

The pricing structure is good and should be maintained this way in the long term, it will create a proper matchgoing culture amongst the fans which will contribute to slowly building the fanbase. An U12 on a cheap ST who goes to 100 games by the time he or she is a teenager will be far more likely to (financially) support the club as an adult I'd imagine.

Rough count and there are 26 seats left, 3 together in section V.

Seem's a number of people are moving seats or seats being released and quickly snapped up.

Wheatfield - 7

A 2

B 2

F 2

G 1

Roseburn - 5

H 5

Main - 7

N3 4

N1 1

T3 2

Gorgie - 3

V 2

W 1

FarmerTweedy

It is vastly overpriced for what you get. Supply and demand isn't a valid comparator in football because it doesn't have a competitive market. If I don't think Hearts is fairly priced, I'm not going to go to Easter Road instead to save a couple of quid.

I'm buying a ST because I want to go, but I don't at all feel it represents good value for money.

It's all a matter of personal opinion of course, but I find it hard to agree that it's vastly overpriced for what you get. What you get is a live performance of around 95 minutes in length, featuring a cast of 20-odd folk, with many others involved in the production, and the scope for pretty much anything to happen. Some people will compare the price to that of going to the cinema but it's not really a fair comparison, as that's just watching prerecorded film. Ultimately, the value depends entirely on the individual, and people who think it's good value will buy tickets, those who don't will not! The fact that the venue looks set to be full to capacity, or certainly close to it, for most of next season is a strong indication that prices have been set at a level that provides good value for enough people.

Brick Tamland

renewed x2

call tomorrow to move seat

'mon the Hearts!!!!

It's all a matter of personal opinion of course, but I find it hard to agree that it's vastly overpriced for what you get. What you get is a live performance of around 95 minutes in length, featuring a cast of 20-odd folk, with many others involved in the production, and the scope for pretty much anything to happen. Some people will compare the price to that of going to the cinema but it's not really a fair comparison, as that's just watching prerecorded film. Ultimately, the value depends entirely on the individual, and people who think it's good value will buy tickets, those who don't will not! The fact that the venue looks set to be full to capacity, or certainly close to it, for most of next season is a strong indication that prices have been set at a level that provides good value for enough people.

It is not cheap, but I do find it odd that such an issue is made of it. You could easily pay much more to see a theatre show of similar length. Few people fuss about that, though.

jambos are go!

When I was a laddie,as they say, in the sixties a pint was 11p and it cost around 15p to get into a match. Changed days indeed.

Wheatfield - 7

A 2

B 2

F 2

G 1

Roseburn - 5

H 5

Main - 7

N3 4

N1 1

T3 2

Gorgie - 3

V 2

W 1

Now 18.... changing all the time! 

King Of The Cat Cafe

It is not cheap, but I do find it odd that such an issue is made of it. You could easily pay much more to see a theatre show of similar length. Few people fuss about that, though.

Yes, but no, Claudia.

Last August I paid ?75 for a walk-up ticket to watch West Ham, but like others on here, I would not want to pay it every week.

People do pay a lot for theatre tickets, but I wonder how many go 18 -20 times in a nine-month period.

Cast No Shadow

Winning money to Big Hearts or to the FoH?

He can give the hundred sheets to the Foundation.

When I was a laddie,as they say, in the sixties a pint was 11p and it cost around 15p to get into a match. Changed days indeed.

11p a pint?...jeeez I would have waited for the Happy Hour

I've always maintained that any person in full time secondary education should be paying around ?100/125 given that they won't be working and the expense falls on the parents / carers which can add up fast

Fantastic sales tho :)

Wouldn't disagree with that, yeah great numbers.

Just renewed lastminute.com! Almost forgot today!! Hope we can sell as many as we can possibly sell and give the manky mob fi the west even less tickets!!

Just renewed lastminute.com! Almost forgot today!! Hope we can sell as many as we can possibly sell and give the manky mob fi the west even less tickets!!

My guess - 12,243 sold so far

Cast No Shadow

The club will tell us when we've sold 12,000 - hopefully it's by the time the first phase finishes. We'd then be good for selling at least another thousand by the start of the season.

Read somewhere Ticketmaster said 14,000. Will wait on klaxon.

Maiden Gorgie

OK, I am wanting to renew but waiting for a mate so we can renew together. Does ST renewal's finish at end of phase one, i.e. my seat is reserved for another day?

Or do i have to go round to my mates house and start chapping on the door?

OK, I am wanting to renew but waiting for a mate so we can renew together. Does ST renewal's finish at end of phase one, i.e. my seat is reserved for another day?

Or do i have to go round to my mates house and start chapping on the door?

someone can move into your seat from tomorrow and buy it from Monday

Radio Ga Ga

someone can move into your seat from tomorrow and buy it from Monday

Correct he's too late, his seat will be available from tomorrow morning for the 'Swappers'

Archived