Season Tickets 2015/16 - ST sales have now ended

Radio Ga Ga

Two renewed for N2.

See you in August, Currahee. Remember to wear the shades to stop the glare from my baldy heid.

:laugh:

Wear a wig.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club should propose that each individual add the charge for their credit card payment onto the season ticket price.

Not mandatory but a voluntary way of people picking up the payment transaction.

I bought Season tickets for me (for the 1st time in years) and my 2 kids (for the 1st time) a few weeks ago. Does anyone know when the cards should be posted out?

Great to hear you are managing to get back to Tynie and taking the kids along with you :thumbsup:

Tynie-Tempah

will renew at weekend.  As was mentioned on here the other day, i think a lot like myself know they will be renewing just havent got round to it as in no rush haha.

Anyone know the approx sold so for? as in an up to date figure.

el_jambo74

The club should propose that each individual add the charge for their credit card payment onto the season ticket price.

Not mandatory but a voluntary way of people picking up the payment transaction.

..... won't you get a credit card charge, on the voluntary credit card charge? :) 

Heartsofgold

Great to hear you are managing to get back to Tynie and taking the kids along with you :thumbsup:

Thanks AR, also my mum!!  Forgot about her.  Our finances are a bit better now and my wife is getting there so we decided to take the plunge.  Was at a few games last year on an ad-hoc basis.

beerbandit

yes paying by cheque is the same as cash

club prefer either cash or cheque

Debit card?

Debit card?

club have asked where possible fans pay by cash or cheque

charged for debit card payments

Jambof3tornado

Mine and juniors renewed............except junior is now an adult...........without a job.........sponging git.

Ack he can buy mine when I'm an OAP!!

Seymour M Hersh

Mine and juniors renewed............except junior is now an adult...........without a job.........sponging git.

Ack he can buy mine when I'm an OAP!!

Next season?

Thanks AR, also my mum!! Forgot about her. Our finances are a bit better now and my wife is getting there so we decided to take the plunge. Was at a few games last year on an ad-hoc basis.

Great news indeed :thumbsup:

ToadKiller Dog

Renewed same old seat , sorry had to use plastic , sure I will make it up in the shop

Tynie-Tempah

club have asked where possible fans pay by cash or cheque

charged for debit card payments

i thought it was only credit card payments that carried the charge?

No, both.

Somewhere back in the thread if you can find it.

Jambof3tornado

Folk really shouldnt worry about handling fees. Yes it saves the club a small amount but not that much in the grand scheme of things.

Was it not about ?20,000 or something last season.

Was it not about ?20,000 or something last season.

Tynie-Tempah

No, both.

Somewhere back in the thread if you can find it.

ok, she has only ever mentioned credit cards in any statements ive read.

FarmerTweedy

There definitely is a charge for debit cards, but as far as I know, it's a significantly smaller charge than for credit cards.

FarmerTweedy

Folk really shouldnt worry about handling fees. Yes it saves the club a small amount but not that much in the grand scheme of things.

According to Queen Ann, typically around two thirds of season ticket buyers pay by credit card, but after the appeal last year, only around one third did.  She said that this saved the club around ?40,000. That's a fairly significant sum in the grand scheme of things, probably enough to pay the wages of a couple of the office staff, or one of the coaches.

Fxxx the SPFL

I used my credit card but just took out cash two days running and got our two tickets it cost me extra to withdraw cash but saved Hearts.

davemclaren

There definitely is a charge for debit cards, but as far as I know, it's a significantly smaller charge than for credit cards.

There will be a charge for banking cash and cheques as well.

Jambof3tornado

According to Queen Ann, typically around two thirds of season ticket buyers pay by credit card, but after the appeal last year, only around one third did. She said that this saved the club around ?40,000. That's a fairly significant sum in the grand scheme of things, probably enough to pay the wages of a couple of the office staff, or one of the coaches.

Whats the current wage bill at the club? ?40k is a large sum but not in the grand scheme of running a football club.

Whats the current wage bill at the club? ?40k is a large sum but not in the grand scheme of running a football club.

Alright. Let's just throw ?40k out the window then. You aren't hiding somewhere in Russia after the collapse of your empire, are you?

sprinbox98

Aye we are in a situation where we can chuck away ?40k a year. That's about 33 folk contributing a tenner a month to FoH. Hardly small beer!!

Folk shouldn't be made to feel guilty if the only way they can pay for STs is by credit card.

I'm sure the club would rather have a credit card transaction than no transaction at all. 

FarmerTweedy

Folk shouldn't be made to feel guilty if the only way they can pay for STs is by credit card.

I'm sure the club would rather have a credit card transaction than no transaction at all.

Nobody's being made to feel guilty if they need to pay by credit card. They're simply being asked to pay by cash or cheque if it's not a problem for them to do so, as it saves the club money.

Jambof3tornado

This.

Jambof3tornado

Alright. Let's just throw ?40k out the window then. You aren't hiding somewhere in Russia after the collapse of your empire, are you?

No.

Guest jonesy

Renewed today. Called the 'hotline', got some bloke with a really thick North English accent. He couldn't answer my question about he moving phase. Redialled, got through to the club ticket shop, done and dusted super quick. I hope we don't pay ticket aster anything, they're shit.

Fxxx the SPFL

see my earlier post just take cash out the hole in the wall and buy your ST with the cash. No charges for Hearts.

Nobody's being made to feel guilty if they need to pay by credit card. They're simply being asked to pay by cash or cheque if it's not a problem for them to do so, as it saves the club money.

I just thought the point needed to be made in view of some of the recent posts on the subject.

FarmerTweedy

So it doesn't matter if the club saves ?40k on card fees or not? In that case, it won't matter if pitch maintenance costs go up by ?40k. It's not much in the grand scheme of things! It won't matter if stewarding costs go up by ?40k. It's not much in the grand scheme of things! It won't matter if Ticketmaster fees go up ?40k. It's not much in the grand scheme of things! It won't matter if Robbie wants a ?40k pay rise. It's not much in the grand scheme of things! It won't matter if an agent demands an extra ?40k for signing our next superstar. It's not much in the grand scheme of things!

There's ?200k and there's a multitude of other things that cost the club money but hey, none of them are much in the grand scheme of things so it's fine if they all cost an extra ?40k!

It's great that our club is so awash with money that it doesn't have to worry about keeping costs down!

see my earlier post just take cash out the hole in the wall and buy your ST with the cash. No charges for Hearts.

Costs a few extra quid and then increased interest rate in a lot of cases for a cash advance though. Makes it more expensive for the guy already having to put it on his credit card.

FarmerTweedy

That could end up costing some folk a lot of money, especially if they can't clear their whole balance in one go.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Ticketmaster makes its money from the handling fee. Someone will tell me if I am wrong, but the full ST value goes to Hearts.

As for credit card fees, I always understood that the trader could add what the bank charges them onto the cost of the goods or services.

FarmerTweedy

I just thought the point needed to be made in view of some of the recent posts on the subject.

Ok! The point was spot on by the way, I hope none of my posts helped to prompt it, they certainly weren't meant that way!

Fxxx the SPFL

That could end up costing some folk a lot of money, especially if they can't clear their whole balance in one go.

the ?300 I took out the hole in the wall cost me ?9 so you are going to pay interest on ?309 in the grand scheme of things it not much alternatively folk could use the zebra finance anyway hats off to everybody who has/will renew hopefully we will be through the 10k by Saturday.

Ok! The point was spot on by the way, I hope none of my posts helped to prompt it, they certainly weren't meant that way!

No probs I didn't think they were. :2thumbsup:

I'm already renewed took the cash out the cash point but would probably have paid by card if the costs had not been publicised .

So it is well worth reminding people about how much money is involved.

FarmerTweedy

Ticketmaster makes its money from the handling fee. Someone will tell me if I am wrong, but the full ST value goes to Hearts.

As for credit card fees, I always understood that the trader could add what the bank charges them onto the cost of the goods or services.

I believe traders can add card charges on to the cost of goods or services (holiday companies certainly charge extra for paying by credit card rather than debit card, so I'd imagine Hearts could too, but that would require a change of policy.

Archived