Boxing and UFC

Masonic

4 hours ago, Arshavin said:

Aye he's been out for so long, first one has to be essentially a competitive sparring match.  Next fight will be a big step up to a ranked fighter imo.  Cant be expected to jump in at the deep end considering the problems he's had etc 

Not expecting him to be getting in with any of the top guys straight away but surely he could have found someone from his own weight category who’s not almost a foot shorter than him? The guy will pose literally no challanges for Fury and is likely to get blown out in a round or 2.

Same sort of caliber as David Haye’s first 2 opponents when he came back, didn’t do him any favours in the long run. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, moogsy said:

Not expecting him to be getting in with any of the top guys straight away but surely he could have found someone from his own weight category who’s not almost a foot shorter than him? The guy will pose literally no challanges for Fury and is likely to get blown out in a round or 2.

Same sort of caliber as David Haye’s first 2 opponents when he came back, didn’t do him any favours in the long run. 

Yeah you're probably right on that front to be fair!  Probably some journeyman heavy weights out there he couldve picked.  Although it might be Frank Warren calling the shots on that.  

HamishMcGonagall

Jason Easton has had his licence revoked after accepting an assault charge.  Seems to have been a drunken altercation with a boy on market street last year.  Daft mistake to make would be an understatement.

Had really enjoyed watching his last few fights and he was due to fight on the undercard of Taylor v Postol in a few weeks, so it's a shame, but only himself to blame.

Fury back this weekend too!  Excited but ill admit I know nothing about his opponent!

jack D and coke
On 27/05/2018 at 21:44, moogsy said:

I know he's been out the ring for a while but his choice of opponent is diabolical. The guy is 5'10 and not even a top 50 cruiserweight :lol:

Embarrassing the way he goes on about being able to beat Joshua etc. easily then pulls out an opponent like this.

AJ will will take Fury out fairly easily imo. 

Itll be very pleasing too. 

If you compare their fights with Klitschko respectively,  Fury totally outboxed him and Vlad barely landed a glove in anger on him but AJ was taken through the mill by him.  Also, AJ has made hard work of opponents like Whyte and Parker.  I like both but if Fury can get back to sharpness I can see AJ really struggling to beat Fury.  A lot of people seem to be led by their view of Fury during his problems rather than him as a world class boxer ( him being a bit of an arse aside, but I like that)

AlimOzturk
7 hours ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

Jason Easton has had his licence revoked after accepting an assault charge.  Seems to have been a drunken altercation with a boy on market street last year.  Daft mistake to make would be an understatement.

Had really enjoyed watching his last few fights and he was due to fight on the undercard of Taylor v Postol in a few weeks, so it's a shame, but only himself to blame.

Aii he has been on social media. He has accepted it and fully admitted his mistake. Feel for him tbh. We all **** up but don't feel he deserves to lose his licence. 

Get his head Down and fight to have it reinstated if he can. 

He is is by all means a shit hot footballer as well. Better than his brother Dylan easten. 

Fury still a bit blobby but I've seen footage of his camp and his skills look stellar - maybe clever editing ? Should still be an easy night for him. Good card tho. 

chester copperpot
18 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Fury still a bit blobby but I've seen footage of his camp and his skills look stellar - maybe clever editing ? Should still be an easy night for him. Good card tho. 

Who's on the undercard. May switch on once the F1 qualifying is done if it's decent.

Edited by chester copperpot

40 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Who's on the undercard. May switch on once the F1 qualifying is done if it's decent.

Gorman vs Turner, competitive hw fight and Flanagan vs some American world super lightweight vacant belt. Two good ones there.

chester copperpot
6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Gorman vs Turner, competitive hw fight and Flanagan vs some American world super lightweight vacant belt. Two good ones there.

Cheers fella :thumb:

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

sounds good - anyone got a good streaming site a PM would be appreciated

chester copperpot
4 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

sounds good - anyone got a good streaming site a PM would be appreciated

I am having to watch on a mobdro app as my iptv has decided to **** off and die during my 2 desired watches of tnite (f1 and boxing)

The boxing stream is not actually too bad considering.

You will need to download the app first though!

AlimOzturk
7 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Aii looks a fair bit away from his Klitschko fight shape. He looked tremendous for that. Think he is about 19 and half stone now and against Klitschko he was 17 stone. He has shed 8 stone which is impressive though. 

vegas-voss
12 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Big UFC card tonight. Albeit it’s taken a severe dent as Yoel Romero  missed weight and fight is no longer a title fight. 

Second time he has missed weight for a title fight and suspect it’s the last time we see him at that weight andbhes probably kissed goodbye to any title run. 

CM Punk/Phil Brooke’s also returns to octagon for freak show element,

Anyway my picks

Robert Whitaker

RDA

Anderson

Tuivasa

CM Punk 

CM Punk !!

Honestly I really hope he does though

vegas-voss
6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Yeah I know. However, the other guy is a photographer or something and not a legit fighter. It’s a much more level playing field for him I suspect.

It would suit a lot of people if punk got the victory and maybe the match up reflects that.

i kind of admire Punk, I think he’s delusional but he’s pursued his dream and given it 100%. Fair play to him and like you I hope he wins.

Who you got for tonight?

Yoel looked a state at that weight in so what became a pick em fight for me has me favour Whittaker strongly(still had him slight fav anyway)

I really hope RDA ****s Covington but I hope that if RDA does win it doesn't convolute that into a title shot for Conor because Woodley ain't fit soon enough to face RDA.

I really can't take to Holm so for that reason i'll go Anderson

Tuivassa by Ko that guy looks a bit of beast.

chester copperpot
6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I think you might have called the next McGregor match up. I could easily see how that happens.

What a fight with Flannagan and Hooker.

Brill!

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

I am having to watch on a mobdro app as my iptv has decided to **** off and die during my 2 desired watches of tnite (f1 and boxing)

The boxing stream is not actually too bad considering.

You will need to download the app first though!

Thanks - I got one from my New Zealand cousin - pop up hell but Im there now

AlimOzturk

This boxing match is embarrassing.fury still.6 months away from being in shape.  This boy isn't a heavy weight.  Total mismatch. 

Turned it off. 

What an awful fight. Completely pointless in every way. It’s like Fury has become a parody of himself, people seem more interested than him dancing about like a buffoon and talking shite than the actual boxing. There is no way he is going to get back to his previous levels after ballooning so much in weight, his timing looks way off. Reckon Joshua and Wilder both spark him.

The Hooker-Flanagan fight was decent, thank god the right guy got the decision. 

AlimOzturk
35 minutes ago, moogsy said:

What an awful fight. Completely pointless in every way. It’s like Fury has become a parody of himself, people seem more interested than him dancing about like a buffoon and talking shite than the actual boxing. There is no way he is going to get back to his previous levels after ballooning so much in weight, his timing looks way off. Reckon Joshua and Wilder both spark him.

He didn't even get out of 1st gear. He has lost alot of weight and it is like he is beginning all over again. He was probably wanting to get rounds in and didn't look interested in badly hurting the boy. He will lose another 2 stone I reckon, get that excess skin removed and look back to his best. Not many boxers can have lengthy lay offs and come back looking their best. Ask Ricky Hatton. 

14 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

He didn't even get out of 1st gear. He has lost alot of weight and it is like he is beginning all over again. He was probably wanting to get rounds in and didn't look interested in badly hurting the boy. He will lose another 2 stone I reckon, get that excess skin removed and look back to his best. Not many boxers can have lengthy lay offs and come back looking their best. Ask Ricky Hatton. 

He can lose all the weight he wants, I still don’t think he will be able to reverse the toll that 3 years on a diet of cocaine, booze and junk food will have taken on his body. 

Only time will tell but looking through history I can’t recall any boxer who has abused their body for a prolonged period to the extent Fury has that has made it back to the top level. I reckon he’s done. 

2 hours ago, moogsy said:

That was televised sparring considering he’s not fought in 2-3 years due to his problems.  He’s came back and skooshed it!  Looked sharp enough despite obvious ring rust and taking the piss at the same time!  You obviously can’t appreciate that a naturally talented boxer Fury was and still is... despite being a fat (James blunt) 

1 hour ago, moogsy said:

He can lose all the weight he wants, I still don’t think he will be able to reverse the toll that 3 years on a diet of cocaine, booze and junk food will have taken on his body. 

Only time will tell but looking through history I can’t recall any boxer who has abused their body for a prolonged period to the extent Fury has that has made it back to the top level. I reckon he’s done. 

I’ll add the one thing that I think works against your point (whilst agreeing somewhat)  of his bad living is the fact he hasn’t taken any punishment 

1 hour ago, moogsy said:

I’ll add the one thing that I think works against your point (whilst agreeing somewhat)  of his bad living is the fact he hasn’t taken any punishment 

10 hours ago, Tazio said:

Was the same at the last two Joshua fights as well. I was sat watching loads of folk being turfed out for having paggers all over the stadium. 

Unfortunately boxing attracts a lot of chavs and idiots. 

• 2 weeks later...
south morroccan
10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Josh Taylor fight just about to start on Five. 

Hibs fud.

Thanks, M'on the Postman

• 3 weeks later...
jambosean75

wow.

congratulations to Daniel Cormier on being a 2 division champion and to win by ko.

and for his call out and square up with brock lesnar

on the other hand, wtf has happened to ngannou. his fight was a disgrace.

• 2 weeks later...

Usyk vs Gassiev in the final of the cruiserweight world super series in the boxing tonight - could be a potential contender for fight of the year.

1 hour ago, Harko said:

Usyk vs Gassiev in the final of the cruiserweight world super series in the boxing tonight - could be a potential contender for fight of the year.

Can’t wait for this. I really fancy Gassiev to do it, especially in Moscow.

Just now, moogsy said:

Can’t wait for this. I really fancy Gassiev to do it, especially in Moscow.

I’ve not seen Usyk before - heard he’s more the boxer but Gassiev is a beast of a puncher and he’s still very good technically so I lean towards him and especially with it being in Russia if it goes to the cards

Different class from Usyk - I wondered whether he would be able to keep that tempo up all night and he did so well done to him.

Ukraine have some fantastically talented boxers coming out of the amateurs - with Lomachenko and now Usyk really impressing me over the last few years.

Gassiev will be back - he’s only 24 and there’s no disgrace in losing to someone like Usyk.

invernessjt

That's the first time I've seen Usyk and, wow, that was some performance. An absolute boxing masterclass. Brilliant to watch. 

On 21/07/2018 at 23:30, invernessjt said:

That's the first time I've seen Usyk and, wow, that was some performance. An absolute boxing masterclass. Brilliant to watch. 

wonder how long before he moves up in weight

invernessjt
2 hours ago, Masonic said:

Not sure if he'd have the power to trouble the top heavyweights.

invernessjt
2 hours ago, Masonic said:

22 minutes ago, invernessjt said:

Might not need the power if he can be a master of hit and not be hit. Looks like he has it. 

Anyways, don't need to be big to have power. Ask Tyson and Holyfield. 

4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Seen that. Slightly surprised as surely Colby v Woolley fight to make.  September I believe. 

Other than the the Cowboy fight I haven’t be all that impressed Till, though he has got the wins and probably should be next in line..

I can’t see anything other than Woodley victory. Though I would like Till to win. I quite lie the guy whereas Woodley always seems to have a lot of chips on his shoulders. You can’t deny Woodley skills and power. 

Woodley has turned into a boring cagey fighter since winning the title though.Its funny how a division changes so quickly WW was so stacked for ages and now it seems pretty poor.

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

In fairness 2 of his last 3 fights were Stephen Thomson. Thompson produces weird fights as he’s such a counter striker. No one engages with him and tend to see boring fights. I agree WW is poor now though convvington impressed me massively against RDA.

Whats your view on Till? 

I missed the RDA fight