• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was tougher than expected for Khan!  Get the feeling he really doesn't want the Brook fight and is wanting the manny payday.

2 hours ago, Longshanks said:

That was tougher than expected for Khan!  Get the feeling he really doesn't want the Brook fight and is wanting the manny payday.

What makes you think that? 

In all seriousness I think Khan himself knows he's finished and won't trouble the big boys again

Canelo-GGG rematch tonight. Hopefully a definitive finish this time. Canelo appears to be a bit leaner, not sure how that will affect things. Stamina was a massive issue last time, he is the more skilled fighter by a mile but was reduced to fighting in spurts during the middle rounds so losing a bit of muscle mass should help with that. Then again it's likely to have an adverse affect on his strength and punch resistance. A fascinating match up. I'm leaning towards a GGG late rounds stoppage, I think he's justifiably angry after being messed around and will just keep marching forward until he gets what he wants.

Undercard is stacked as well, think we will see plenty of KOs.

Looking forward to this fight. Both are great fighters and warriors, both have chins of steel. 

Watching the the last fight and looking at the stats, Canelo threw more power shots and landed the bigger hits, GGG threw and landed more punches and certainly more jabs. Canelo fought on the counter and GGG pressed as per. There really wasn’t much in it. GGG probably edged it on points but the fight was so good that they had to fix it for a rematch, such is boxing.

Don’t know if they’ll both change tact but it won’t be a damp squib. There will be lots of toe to toe trades, lots of big hits and it will take something spectacular for a stoppage or KO from either. It’ll go the distance again me thinks. Couldn’t call it either way. 

9 hours ago, moogsy said:

Canelo-GGG rematch tonight. Hopefully a definitive finish this time. Canelo appears to be a bit leaner, not sure how that will affect things. Stamina was a massive issue last time, he is the more skilled fighter by a mile but was reduced to fighting in spurts during the middle rounds so losing a bit of muscle mass should help with that. Then again it's likely to have an adverse affect on his strength and punch resistance. A fascinating match up. I'm leaning towards a GGG late rounds stoppage, I think he's justifiably angry after being messed around and will just keep marching forward until he gets what he wants.

Undercard is stacked as well, think we will see plenty of KOs.

No more steroids

Didn't realise it was PPV on BT. Wtf is the point in BT Sport these days? They've lost Serie A and most other football now they don't even include big boxing fights in it?

scott herbertson
Just now, Jeff said:

Are you guys missing the constant jabs or am I watching a diff fight?

Not missing them but judges in first fight had poor vision - I'd score it 4-4 now but think the judges will have it 5-3 on average

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Not missing them but judges in first fight had poor vision - I'd score it 4-4 now but think the judges will have it 5-3 on average

I have it as a draw. Golovkin won that one and Canelo tiring. Think GGG has it