Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

scott herbertson

Judges were always going to be biased towards Canelo so not too surprised though to me GGG has won every fight he has had, so sad to see his reputation robbed

Canelo was great for the first 6 but faded badly. Hard to see how he won but it's hardly surprising.

The judges were always going to give it to him. GGG had to KO him to win.

chester copperpot
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Judges were always going to be biased towards Canelo so not too surprised though to me GGG has won every fight he has had, so sad to see his reputation robbed

This. Triple G won that.

Pretty much a joke.

Close fight that could have gone either way. Really thought GGG would have gone for the kill tonight, never seen him backed up like he was at points in this fight. Canelo still has serious stamina issues, I reckon a younger GGG would have wiped the floor with him. 

Would like to to see them both move on after this, they’re obviously both fairly evenly matched but none of their two fights have been exciting enough to warrant a 3rd IMO. GGG-Saunders would be good if Saunders can beat Andrade. 

Imo the last fight was very close, closer than this one. GGG probably edged the last fight by a round.

GGG won last night by at least 4 rounds. Easily, could have been 7 rounds GGG wins it by. 

Daylight robbery that, what a farce, the scorecards were rigged. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

That's the problem with boxing and it'll eventually catch up with MMA as well.

Oh well, the fight itself was amazing though. Respect to both fighters, granite chins

jack D and coke

Pretty much what I’ve been saying to mates today and the same arguments are here. 

Almost impossible to separate them. Another 12 rounds and I still don’t think I’d be able to. Both fights have been draws for me. Unfair to award that fight to either man. 

Respect to both though. 

I agree with the judges score cards.  Thought Canelo was more aggressive, accurate and did enough to win an incredibly hard fought fight. 

Both warriors. Would like me to see Canelo V Saunders, GGG V Groves and then hopefully Eubank makes his comeback at some point. 

On 20/09/2018 at 17:06, Lord BJ said:

Jon Jones got a 15month ban for his positive test for PED’s.So he’s now free to fight from October.

Luckily the UFC needed a main event for the msg card in Nov. That’s worked out quite well for everyone, almost like it was planned.

I imagine jones v gustofesen will be fight.

I imagine he will then fighter winner off lesnar v Cormier.

Also Connor and Khabib have a presser tonight that could be interesting.

press conference was decent considering no fans

55 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Can anyone offer up a stream for the Joshua fight? 

Cricfree sports, just turned it on and link 2 is working fine so far.

10 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Would like to see Povetkin win. For no real reason other than being fed up with the Joshua hype. It's all got a bit EPL. 

I'm a bit like this. 

I'd like to see him put on his erse but I think I'd like to see him win, I like the Heavy Wieght Champion being British and I don't think Joshua is a bad guy, he needs to fight a better quality of opponent in future to have credibility as well as the belts. 

54 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'm a bit like this. 

I'd like to see him put on his erse but I think I'd like to see him win, I like the Heavy Wieght Champion being British and I don't think Joshua is a bad guy, he needs to fight a better quality of opponent in future to have credibility as well as the belts. 

Povetkin is a former world champion and is ranked 3rd with two of the organisations!! Who would you have him fight?

2 minutes ago, Angus Ogg said:

Povetkin is a former world champion and is ranked 3rd with two of the organisations!! Who would you have him fight?

I meant before, seemed to be happy fighting pub bouncers. 

20 minutes ago, Angus Ogg said:

I’ve just watched a compilation of all his knock outs on YouTube. The boy has some serious power and more worryingly for Joshua is that if he lands one heavy punch he keeps coming at you after it and doesn’t stand off to admire it. Fast for a heavyweight as well. 

If Povetkin is in the form he showed a few years ago he could outwork Joshua and take him into deep waters. I was not impressed with Joshua vs Takam or Parker, and in the Klitschko fight he was badly hurt for at least three rounds. 

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Lost my stream just before the fight finished. Baws. 

Me too. Annoying as feck

Watching it again on some French channel fond on twitter 

Mine let stopping and starting, it at least held out for the 7th.

Glad AJ won, would love to see him fight wilder next, or Fury if he beats wilder in December.

Electrifying performance from AJ. His detractors will no doubt still find a way to belittle it though :lol: .

Hands down best resume in the heavyweight division, not even debatable now. Wilder will KO Fury and AJ vs Wilder will be the biggest heavyweight fight for decades. 

11 minutes ago, moogsy said:

Electrifying performance from AJ. His detractors will no doubt still find a way to belittle it though :lol: .

Hands down best resume in the heavyweight division, not even debatable now. Wilder will KO Fury and AJ vs Wilder will be the biggest heavyweight fight for decades. 

Going to save this for a later date, Fury not exciting in the ring but an excellent boxer and think he’ll surprise a lot of people and beat Wilder on points 

23 minutes ago, moogsy said:

How was it electrifying?

13 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

How was it electrifying?

Oxford Dictionary:

2. cause a sudden sense of thrilling excitement in (someone).
"an electrifying performance"

28 minutes ago, Gumpert said:

Going to save this for a later date, Fury not exciting in the ring but an excellent boxer and think he’ll surprise a lot of people and beat Wilder on points 

Would give Fury more of a chance if he hadn’t been abusing his body for 3 years and fought a couple of bin men on his return. If he does somehow pull it off though Joshua vs Fury would still be a massive fight that I would love to see.