Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Was very pleasing seeing him get his face smashed in vs Nate and Floyd. Hopefully Khabib is able to do what a lot of other supposedly top level UFC fighters have not and avoid running straight into Connor’s left hand :lol:

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

McGregor is a talented fighter but he isn't worth the exitement he garners. Much better fighters out there now. 

Floyd Mayweather utterly embarrassed him. 

1 hour ago, moogsy said:

Was very pleasing seeing him get his face smashed in vs Nate and Floyd. Hopefully Khabib is able to do what a lot of other supposedly top level UFC fighters have not and avoid running straight into Connor’s left hand :lol:

That's the key just avoid that left the first time coming in and it's good night Conor.Doesnt though and it could be good night Khabib although other than Aldo he doesn't really knock folk clean out with the one hit so even in a scramble if Khabib grabs him while Conor ties to go in for the kill it's good night Conor.

End up being massive hype and then one will end up injured days before fight though :lol:

jambo-fletch

If Connor doesn’t land an early KO I can see Khabib out wrestling him and battering him on the ground for the duration of the fight!

5 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

McGregor is a talented fighter but he isn't worth the exitement he garners. Much better fighters out there now. 

Don’t think he was too embarrassed with $100 million or whatever pay cheque. 

8 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Embarrassed? Let's see how long Floyd lasts in a proper fight in the cage. 5 seconds max. 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Embarrassed? Let's see how long Floyd lasts in a proper fight in the cage. 5 seconds max. 

Difference is Mayweather doesn't need to pretend and shout his mouth of he will destroy someone at their own sport.

7 hours ago, jamboz said:

Don’t think he was too embarrassed with $100 million or whatever pay cheque. 

His pride was dented hence his recent spiral out of control. He can claim otherwise but he went in expecting to win and got his arse spanked. 

Floyd didn't chase Mayweather. He already had the money and record to back up his Ego. McGregor has had his arse handed to him twice in the cage by Diaz ( didn't deserve the decision last time) and now Mayweather in boxing. 

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

slightly off topic but people didn’t watch mayweather for “proper fights” as you put it, they watched him for his phenomenal boxing technique

36 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

His pride was dented hence his recent spiral out of control. He can claim otherwise but he went in expecting to win and got his arse spanked. 

Floyd didn't chase Mayweather. He already had the money and record to back up his Ego. McGregor has had his arse handed to him twice in the cage by Diaz ( didn't deserve the decision last time) and now Mayweather in boxing. 

And let's be honest Diaz ain't a great fighter.Conor is great against smaller guys than him.I have said for a long time Conor gets to pick and choose his fights except this time where he has been pretty much forced into this one.

A side note how the **** can you go up in the rankings when you have not fought for two years :lol:

I still think it's an intriguing fight though.

Fury looking close to his Klitschko fight shape. Incredible transformation from 27 stone to 18. Guys determined. Least we will find out if he is better than joshua/wilder if they ever get these fights made. 

5 hours ago, King prawn said:

slightly off topic but people didn’t watch mayweather for “proper fights” as you put it, they watched him for his phenomenal boxing technique

I enjoyed Miadana, and Castillo handing mayweather his arse. Oh and 50 cent (a rapper) put his lights out. 

But aye, a proper no holds barred fight. FM would last 5 seconds against the most average cage fighters. 

5 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

You must've missed rounds 1,2 and 4.Diaz. 

Edited by ri Alban

• 2 weeks later...

Tyson Fury about to fight another bum on BT Sports. Should be an easy win for him. Same goes for Frampton as well who will be on after, really poor opponents for them both.

33 minutes ago, moogsy said:

Tyson Fury about to fight another bum on BT Sports. Should be an easy win for him. Same goes for Frampton as well who will be on after, really poor opponents for them both.

Step up from previous opponent. Couldn't expect him to jump straight in with Wilder or Joshua. What's more important is getting him back into the ring shaking off the rust. He is fighting wilder next. 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Step up from previous opponent. Couldn't expect him to jump straight in with Wilder or Joshua. What's more important is getting him back into the ring shaking off the rust. He is fighting wilder next. 

It’s been an awful fight. This guy was knocked out by Kevin Johnson a few fights ago FFS, Fury should be eating him for beeakfast.

How can you guys like this and the previous clown be good preparation if he is planning to fight Wilder next? :lol:

Reckon he’ll be seriously hurt if they fight later this year. 

Really good.boxer fury. Probably the only fighter capable of beating Joshua. His size and awkwardness will be telling. 

Against wilder I am not so sure. 

1 minute ago, moogsy said:

It’s been an awful fight. This guy was knocked out by Kevin Johnson a few fights ago FFS, Fury should be eating him for beeakfast.

How can you guys like this and the previous clown be good preparation if he is planning to fight Wilder next? :lol:

Reckon he’ll be seriously hurt if they fight later this year. 

He isn't a knock out artist. That's not his game and TBH boxing isn't all about knocking someone out. Picking someone apart for 10-12 rounds is more enjoyable for me

He'll do the same against Joshua. 

All but confirmed Fury V Wilder. All the shite from Joshuas camp saying how complicated it is getting the fight sorted and Furys basically sorts it out easily. 

Best fighting the best. 

Rupert Pupkin

Take it the fight will be in Vegas then? Fury while gobsh£&ing let’s it slip. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

All but confirmed Fury V Wilder. All the shite from Joshuas camp saying how complicated it is getting the fight sorted and Furys basically sorts it out easily. 

Best fighting the best. 

Neither of them want Joshua look at their records, Fury beat Klitschko but check out his record who else has he beat, he was even floored by Steve Cunningham who is barely a heavyweight, did you watch that tonight and really think that Joshua must be scared of fighting Fury ?   Despite having 40 fights who has Wilder fought, his best opponent was Luis Ortiz his next best was maybe Stiverne.

Those pair might tell you Joshua avoids the big fights but he has only had 21 fights, he has already had two unification's and has beat more fighters in the current top ten than those two put together.  Not surprised that Wilder would rather fight Fury and avoid the best, even Tony Bellew fancies his chances with him.

11 minutes ago, Cisc0 K1d said:

Neither of them want Joshua look at their records, Fury beat Klitschko but check out his record who else has he beat, he was even floored by Steve Cunningham who is barely a heavyweight, did you watch that tonight and really think that Joshua must be scared of fighting Fury ?   Despite having 40 fights who has Wilder fought, his best opponent was Luis Ortiz his next best was maybe Stiverne.

Those pair might tell you Joshua avoids the big fights but he has only had 21 fights, he has already had two unification's and has beat more fighters in the current top ten than those two put together.  Not surprised that Wilder would rather fight Fury and avoid the best, even Tony Bellew fancies his chances with him.

Who has Joshua beat if your going down that road then?

21 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Who has Joshua beat if your going down that road then?

Out of the current Ring top 10 Whyte, Parker & Breazeale and about to fight Povetkin plus he obviously beat Klitchko.

What other road do you use to evaluate boxers ans how do you think Fury compares ? 

Fury still has a good skill set and looked better here than he did vs the Albanian guy but never showed me much to suggest he'd beat Wilder. 

12 minutes ago, Cisc0 K1d said:

Out of the current Ring top 10 Whyte, Parker & Breazeale and about to fight Povetkin plus he obviously beat Klitchko.

What other road do you use to evaluate boxers ans how do you think Fury compares ? 

Whyte, Parker, Breazeale?? you being serious?

Fury beat a Klitschko that hadn’t been inactive for 2 years and never almost got ko’d.

Whyte pretty much drew with a past it Chisora who in his prime got stopped by Fury. Parker is on the same level as Whyte at best as we’ve seen recently and Breazeale well he’s worse than them.

Joshuas record of opponents is little better.

3 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Fury beat a Klitschko that hadn’t been inactive for 2 years and never almost got ko’d.

Whyte pretty much drew with a past it Chisora who in his prime got stopped by Fury. Parker is on the same level as Whyte at best as we’ve seen recently and Breazeale well he’s worse than them.

I don't think there's really any argument that Joshua has the best resume out of the 3 of them, maybe not by much but he definitely does. Quite startling when you consider he has had half the number of fights as Wilder and has been a pro for 5 years less than Fury.

Rupert Pupkin

Fury spent most of the fight punching the guys gloves and elbows. Pianeta lost every round but barely had a mark on him. Garbage fight imo that the commentators talked up, and the crowd seemed to agree.

14 minutes ago, moogsy said:

I don't think there's really any argument that Joshua has the best resume out of the 3 of them, maybe not by much but he definitely does. Quite startling when you consider he has had half the number of fights as Wilder and has been a pro for 5 years less than Fury.

In terms of best opponents (in other words who each has beat as is being discussed) there is little if anything in it.

Both beat Klitschko but Fury beat a younger more active one. Joshua’s next best win is Whyte and Chisora is Fury’s. There’s nothing between Whyte and Chisora. 

7 hours ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

In terms of best opponents (in other words who each has beat as is being discussed) there is little if anything in it.

Both beat Klitschko but Fury beat a younger more active one. Joshua’s next best win is Whyte and Chisora is Fury’s. There’s nothing between Whyte and Chisora. 

Whyte knocked Chisora out and beat Parker as well. Is on course for another fight v Joshua in the future after pretty much sorted himself out fitness wise. 

Think he is more dangerous than many think. Rocked Joshua the first time and has arguably gave him his best fight fight out with Klitschko and beat him in their amateur days. 

10 hours ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

All 3 are in the Ring top 10 and Povetkin is currently number 3, I think The Ring are the most serious about rankings in Boxing, what ranking do you suggest ?

I thought the Klitschko that Joshua fought was better, the actual fight was a miles better fight to watch, Fury talks a good game but his fights are just terrible to watch.

6 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Whyte knocked Chisora out and beat Parker as well. Is on course for another fight v Joshua in the future after pretty much sorted himself out fitness wise. 

Think he is more dangerous than many think. Rocked Joshua the first time and has arguably gave him his best fight fight out with Klitschko and beat him in their amateur days. 

Whyte never knocked Chisora out. Do you work for Eddie Hearn?

He got an extemely fortunate split decision against him that could have went either way. Then refused to rematch him.

That was a 32 year old Chisora clearly past his best as well. 

He may be dangerous and may have caused Joshua problems but that doesn’t change the fact that Whyte is the best name bar Wlad on Joshua’s record and he’s the same level as Chisora.

4 hours ago, Cisc0 K1d said:

All 3 are in the Ring top 10 and Povetkin is currently number 3, I think The Ring are the most serious about rankings in Boxing, what ranking do you suggest ?

I thought the Klitschko that Joshua fought was better, the actual fight was a miles better fight to watch, Fury talks a good game but his fights are just terrible to watch.

I’m not suggesting any ranking. You asked who else is on Fury’s record bar Wlad and I asked you who is on Joshua’s and now I’m telling you the best opponent bar Wlad on Joshuas record is the exact same level as the one on Fury’s. 

The Klitshcko that fought Joshua was better because he was allowed to fight better. The reality was he was a 2 year older version who hadn’t even been in a ring for 2 years, was coming off a loss and now having to fight in his opponents backyard.

2 hours ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

I’m not suggesting any ranking. You asked who else is on Fury’s record bar Wlad and I asked you who is on Joshua’s and now I’m telling you the best opponent bar Wlad on Joshuas record is the exact same level as the one on Fury’s. 

The Klitshcko that fought Joshua was better because he was allowed to fight better. The reality was he was a 2 year older version who hadn’t even been in a ring for 2 years, was coming off a loss and now having to fight in his opponents backyard.

You seem to be using your own personal ranking, Joshua has fought 3 and about to fight a 4th in the Rings top 10, you are suggesting based on one fight that Chisora is as good as Whyte (which Whyte won) and deciding that they have therefore fought at the same level, I don't agree Joshua has fought 3 better fighters and despite only having 21 fights has fought at a higher level than both Fury and Wilder based on any respected official ranking.

The most important thing about the Joshua Klitshko fight is that it was one of the most exciting heavyweight fights I've seen and I'd pay good money to see a fight like that again, despite the loss it was one of Klitshko's best fights.  Fury has never been been in a very exciting fight, last nights fight was pretty typical fair, I find his press conferences more entertaining than his actual fights.

9 minutes ago, Cisc0 K1d said:

You seem to be using your own personal ranking, Joshua has fought 3 and about to fight a 4th in the Rings top 10, you are suggesting based on one fight that Chisora is as good as Whyte (which Whyte won) and deciding that they have therefore fought at the same level, I don't agree Joshua has fought 3 better fighters and despite only having 21 fights has fought at a higher level than both Fury and Wilder based on any respected official ranking.

The most important thing about the Joshua Klitshko fight is that it was one of the most exciting heavyweight fights I've seen and I'd pay good money to see a fight like that again, despite the loss it was one of Klitshko's best fights.  Fury has never been been in a very exciting fight, last nights fight was pretty typical fair, I find his press conferences more entertaining than his actual fights.

I’m not using my own personal ranking at all. Are you saying Chisora has not been as good a fighter as Whyte? If you are what is your basis for that? Because he is no longer in the top 10 rankings now? Fury fought him 4 years ago and he’s been past his prime for a couple of years but still showed he was on the same level as Whyte who has showed he is better than Parker.

I’m not disputing he has a better overall resume in terms of defending titles because obviously Fury then relinquished his titles when he became champion. But to say Fury’s record is full of nobodies apart from Wlad and then suggest Joshua’s isn’t because he’s fought Whyte and Parker suggests you probably haven’t followed the heavyweight division for more than a few years as all the evidence suggests there is nothing between the two of them.

Just because Fury’s opponents aren’t in the top 10 ring rankings now it doesn’t mean they have never been there.  

It’s a bit like trying to compare the best fighters Lewis fought by saying none of his opponents are in the top 10 ring rankings now.

Yes Joshua’s fight with Wlad was more exciting. Because he went life and death with him where as Fury barely broke a sweat.

chuck berrys hairline
6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

KSI vs Logan Paul tonight.... bit of a break from the regular boxing cards haha

Is it just you tube it's on? Fancy the yank he seems bigger and used to wrestle I think.

Just now, chuck berrys hairline said:

Is it just you tube it's on? Fancy the yank he seems bigger and used to wrestle I think.

Yeah, various streams kicking around on facebook etc though.

KSI's technique is shocking but he's the sorta guy who would give it his all. Fancy Logan's brother to smash KSI's brother.

Can't believe I'm even interested in this haha

chuck berrys hairline
1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Yeah, various streams kicking around on facebook etc though.

KSI's technique is shocking but he's the sorta guy who would give it his all. Fancy Logan's brother to smash KSI's brother.

Can't believe I'm even interested in this haha

I'm interested as it will be like a proper fight so hopefully more entertaining. Hopefully a start of a modern celebrity deathmatch ?

1 minute ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

I'm interested as it will be like a proper fight so hopefully more entertaining. Hopefully a start of a modern celebrity deathmatch ?

Did you ever see the KSI vs Joe Weller fight? proper bitch fight

chester copperpot

Anyone got a stream for it. Daughter is doing my tits in to find one and I am buggered if I am paying 7.50 to watch that

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Anyone got a stream for it. Daughter is doing my tits in to find one and I am buggered if I am paying 7.50 to watch that

Sexton Hardcastle

I mean as if boxing isn’t rigged half the time but that was some ridiculous shit. Hoovering up money from these teenagers. Incredible stuff. 

Eddie Hearn will be applauding slowly to his laptop.

i enojyed the nights action lots of standing in the pocket and banging would rather see that than point fighters who are pros