Boxing and UFC

Masonic

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

There will be a few, probably the same people who believe Jon Jones hasn’t been using throughout career ;-)

Ha Ha! Good point. I have stuck up for JJ in the past. For some reason though, my gut instinct is that AS has way more to hide than JJ. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Probably just caused by having a longer career! Plus JJ has been really shit at hiding his drug use he got little else to hide! 

As as an aside did you hear the Jon Jones drug rumour on JRE. The steroid got into system as it was cut with cocaine lol. 

Heres a picture of silva’s 57 year old strength coach. I wonder if he’s even takenany Mexican supplements!?!?!

B0D84205-BFC0-4D9D-B8E0-83AB1C2A22D9.jpeg

I did hear that.

Sounds feasible. I'd believe that Jones was back on the bling before he took less than half of a single oral dose of an oestrogen blocker, the day before the biggest fight of his career.

He loves ching and hookers. Makes perfect sense.

Rudolf's Mate

Some cracking fights on tonight. Thought Frampton look really good however faded. Garcia very capable and could easily have come away with that. 

2 minutes ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

Some cracking fights on tonight. Thought Frampton look really good however faded. Garcia very capable and could easily have come away with that. 

I had it 95-94. Unsure how 98-93 came about...

Rudolf's Mate
8 hours ago, Jeff said:

I had it 95-94. Unsure how 98-93 came about...

Would probably agree more with that. Was a bit shocked with the official scorecard even if I did agree with overall result.

15 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Would probably beat McGregor. 

Not a chance. Anyway stay promoting and Conor , sober up, get yourself fighting fit and annihilate that useless big eared twat Ferguson.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Not a chance. Anyway stay promoting and Conor , sober up, get yourself fighting fit and annihilate that useless big eared twat Ferguson.

Ferguson is a phenomenal fighter and is much more well rounded than McGregor.

4 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Aye, so was Jose. Ferguson is to easy to hit, Lee proved that.

55 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aldo also was but Aldo had the disadvantage of being a much smaller and less powerful individual.

I'd guess that Conor still has a harder dig but Ferguson has a decent chin and if it goes to the ground, he's as strong as Conor and way better technically.

Interesting match-up.

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

McGregor has a powerful left counter I'm not really sure what else he has that is good.But that left is very good.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Said it before say it again Aldo has not looked anything near the fighter he was since USADA got involved in the UFC.

• 2 weeks later...

218 looks like it's gonna be a beauty this weekend.

Buzzing to see the beast N'gannou step up a level and face Overeem.  One touch on that chin and it's good night.

Also really looking forward to Alvarez/Gaethje and Teymur/Klose.  Between these two for 'Fight of the night' for me.

I think Aldo will relish fighting with no real pressure on him, but I don't see any way that he wins tomorrow.

On 02/12/2017 at 00:14, Wilo said:

218 looks like it's gonna be a beauty this weekend.

Buzzing to see the beast N'gannou step up a level and face Overeem.  One touch on that chin and it's good night.

Also really looking forward to Alvarez/Gaethje and Teymur/Klose.  Between these two for 'Fight of the night' for me.

I think Aldo will relish fighting with no real pressure on him, but I don't see any way that he wins tomorrow.

Aldo hmmmm that whole gym has been garbage since USDA got involved.

• 2 weeks later...

fancy a few underdogs tonight a wee heads up prelims starts at 11pm tonight a little earlier than usual

bamgbose

bofando

teixeira

perry

lawler

Anyone up for the Saunders/Lemieux fight?

I haven't seen either fighter before. Seems like it's a hard one to call, but there's big money on the line as the winner could fight GGG or Canelo.

20 hours ago, Masonic said:

fancy a few underdogs tonight a wee heads up prelims starts at 11pm tonight a little earlier than usual

bamgbose

bofando

teixeira

perry

lawler

1 out of 5 ain't bad. It's difficult to predict mma as it can take something out of the blue to change or win a fight. Hope you enjoyed watching it mate.

On 17/12/2017 at 08:27, fast_blood said:

1 out of 5 ain't bad. It's difficult to predict mma as it can take something out of the blue to change or win a fight. Hope you enjoyed watching it mate.

was a good show and yeah sometimes u just cant predict

On 17/12/2017 at 04:20, Rab said:

Anyone up for the Saunders/Lemieux fight?

I haven't seen either fighter before. Seems like it's a hard one to call, but there's big money on the line as the winner could fight GGG or Canelo.

Stayed up to watch it, was really impressed by Saunders. Have always felt he's never really lived up to his potential but the since he joined the Ingle gym up in Sheffield he seems to have git his shit together.

He totally schooled Lemieux and I wouldn't count him out against either Canelo or GGG.

9 hours ago, moogsy said:

Stayed up to watch it, was really impressed by Saunders. Have always felt he's never really lived up to his potential but the since he joined the Ingle gym up in Sheffield he seems to have git his shit together.

He totally schooled Lemieux and I wouldn't count him out against either Canelo or GGG.

He definitely looked good against Lemieux, but Lemieux is completely one dimensional and it was easy for him by the end. Canelo or GGG wouldn't allow him anywhere near the ring space he had on Saturday night.

On the other hand, Roy Jones Jr was really impressed by him on the HBO broadcast, and you've got to respect his opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Masonic said:

jeremy stephens by KO tonight lads free money man

Who the took is that guy? Jeremy Stephens.

Who else is fighting?

Great performance from Miocic.Rammed it right up Dana as well.

Cormier well he does what Cormier does.Has to be him v Gus again now.

13 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Great performance from Miocic.Rammed it right up Dana as well.

Cormier well he does what Cormier does.Has to be him v Gus again now.

I'd love to see Gustaffson win that fight but I think Cormeir's wrestling too good.  Plus he is a HW that does well to cut to 205lbs. 

The last fight was close and Gus has been unlucky in all of his championship fights. 

• 3 weeks later...

Groves-Eubank tomorrow night, absolutely buzzing for it. Groves looked extremely drained at the weigh-in but I'm still favouring him slightly. Wouldn't count out Jr. at all though. Groves has the size, punching power, better boxing skills and more experience fighting world class opponents. Jr. appears to have the better chin, superior stamina, much faster hands and is not as ring worn.

A really fascinating match up.

Shooter McGavin
56 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Anyone know if I can get groves v Eubank on bt tv? Can’t seem to find it 

I think it’s ITV box office mate. 

Joey Barton was right, ITV are rubbish at promoting a fight. 

On 15/02/2018 at 15:11, Lord BJ said:

Allegedly UFC considering Mayweather v CM Punk.

Now I have no idea how that even works from a weight class point of view.

Can’t lie I love me a freak show. I’d watch that!

you seen the hypothetical odds? how can floyd be underdog crazyness

Dusk_Till_Dawn
On 15/02/2018 at 15:11, Lord BJ said:

Allegedly UFC considering Mayweather v CM Punk.

Now I have no idea how that even works from a weight class point of view.

Can’t lie I love me a freak show. I’d watch that!

Who the **** is CM punk? :lol:

22 hours ago, moogsy said:

Groves-Eubank tomorrow night, absolutely buzzing for it. Groves looked extremely drained at the weigh-in but I'm still favouring him slightly. Wouldn't count out Jr. at all though. Groves has the size, punching power, better boxing skills and more experience fighting world class opponents. Jr. appears to have the better chin, superior stamina, much faster hands and is not as ring worn.

A really fascinating match up.

Very difficult fight to call, Eubank likes his man to stand In front him I don't think Groves will do that  early, he's the better boxer from distance. When Eubanks old man went up against Benn the first time he went to war early even tho his stamina was sometimes questionable. Got a feeling Jr will put it on the line early and attempt to upset Groves rhythm. Groves on points or a Eubank stoppage second half of the fight for me.  

Tony Bellew saying whoever loses this fight Between Groves and Jr, Their career is over.  Not sure if he's just trying to hype this up a bit more lol

Fascinating fight though. Hopefully this doesn't go to a points decision. 

Split decision and rematch written all over it lol 

Edited by Greedy_Jambo

scott herbertson

Ronnie Clark from Dundee put in a ‘fight of the year’ performance to win the European title tonight. Miles better fight than the. CAlum Smith one which was plain dull.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

JS kneeing illegal the little cheat. As for Bisping:rolleyes4: and Cruz, :facepalm:

Doesn't actually hit his head though it hits his forearm/elbow.The elbows to the back of the head were dodgy though

12 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Doesn't actually hit his head though it hits his forearm/elbow.The elbows to the back of the head were dodgy though

Caught him enough tho. The soft part of the head.

15 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/2/27/17059680/jon-jones-fined-205000-has-license-revoked-by-csac-in-doping-case

Probably no clearer on what’s happening.

Though Jones claiming he’s not a knucklehead, whilst at the same time admitting he never did the USADA tutorials!!!! Pretty much seems the definition of knucklehead to me.

I predict he comes back in 2019 and gets popped for something again or does something of equal levels of stupidity. 

That said hope hope he comes back.

Would quite like him to face brock or maybe Stipe if he’s still champ. Another Daniel Cormier fight, even at heavyweight, is not something that interests me. Whilst at light heavyweight I see no challenges for him, unless someone new comes to the division and dominates.

Stipe would murder him.