Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Agree with this totally. Personally had Canelo edging it slightly but can't argue with a draw. All the calls of a robbery etc. are ridiculous.

Canelo far better defensively and landed the cleaner shots, Golovkin with more volume and relentless pressure.

:laugh:

I wondered how long it would be before you showed up and said that you had it for Canelo.

Kind of want to see it again now. I watched it on an average stream and it did pause a few times.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

scott herbertson

Missed the fight live as I couldn't stay awake but just finished watching it.

It was a close fight imo, GGG was clearly the one coming forward, the aggressor, he threw a lot more punches, he landed a lot more punches but a lot of them were jabs that never bothered Canelo.

Canelo was more accurate with his punches and landed more big hits on Golovkin than GGG did on him and they were cleaner hits.

Canelo lands more big hits in 8 of the rounds than Golovkin did so if the judge was marking him on that, that's where he's getting 118-110 from.

I'd have had it down as a draw having watched it, GGG maybe just edges it slightly having landed more. Very tough one to call.

If he landed more big hits in 8 of the rounds and that is your marking criteria then the other 4 rounds would have to be draws for it to be 118-110.

Personally I thought GGG by two or three rounds would be fair - I could see how someone could mark it even or by 1 to Alvarez, but 8??? I don't think so

If he landed more big hits in 8 of the rounds and that is your marking criteria then the other 4 rounds would have to be draws for it to be 118-110.

Personally I thought GGG by two or three rounds would be fair - I could see how someone could mark it even or by 1 to Alvarez, but 8??? I don't think so

Not saying the 118-110 is fair, I think that's ridiculous tbh, I'm saying that perhaps where this is how judge got that score from.

A Draw is fair imo. Canelo definitely won rounds 1,2, 10,11,12, round 3 was close, Golovkin definitely edged the middle rounds by throwing more.

It's, either a draw or 7-5 Canelo/7-5 Golovkin, no way can a scorecard state that it could ever be 118-110.

That said I personally thought Canelo was the better fighter, he counter punched well, better defence, he troubled GGG more than GGG troubled him.

I think that scorecard undermines what was a top class fight tbh.

Not saying the 118-110 is fair, I think that's ridiculous tbh, I'm saying that perhaps where this is how judge got that score from.

A Draw is fair imo. Canelo definitely won rounds 1,2, 10,11,12, round 3 was close, Golovkin definitely edged the middle rounds by throwing more.

It's, either a draw or 7-5 Canelo/7-5 Golovkin, no way can a scorecard state that it could ever be 118-110.

That said I personally thought Canelo was the better fighter, he counter punched well, better defence, he troubled GGG more than GGG troubled him.

I think that scorecard undermines what was a top class fight tbh.

Simply not true. Everything he landed flush on Golovkins chin barely made him flinch. Golovkin chased him around the ring whilst outpunching him.

Simply not true. Everything he landed flush on Golovkins chin barely made him flinch. Golovkin chased him around the ring whilst outpunching him.

He can take a big hit well but Canelo still landed much bigger hits on GGG than the other way round. I'm not making that up, that's what the punch stats say. Canelo hit Golovkin with more power punches with far better accuracy. Golovkin connected with a shitload more jabs, 53 more than Canelo.

He can take a big hit well but Canelo still landed much bigger hits on GGG than the other way round. I'm not making that up, that's what the punch stats say. Canelo hit Golovkin with more power punches with far better accuracy. Golovkin connected with a shitload more jabs, 53 more than Canelo.

He can hit him with as many power punches as he wants but they never even made him flinch. To suggest Canelo troubled him more than Golovkin did him is simply wrong when Golovkin was marching forward outlanding him and chasing him around the ring.

Any scoring punch counts tho,Canelo did land the eye catchers. But Golovkin walked him down from the get go and clearly won that fight. American judges usually go for the front foot fighter when a round is close. Going in I thought Canelo might be able to hurt Ggg. Wrong, Ggg is a freak of nature,a one off. Respect to both guys,but I think a rematch could be a real stinker.

He can hit him with as many power punches as he wants but they never even made him flinch. To suggest Canelo troubled him more than Golovkin did him is simply wrong when Golovkin was marching forward outlanding him and chasing him around the ring.

Yep, Canelo reacted to any decent shot and got on his bike. Ggg walked right through Canelos best. You could see that as it went on. Mental strength from Ggg was better. He was trying to win it in style Canelo was trying to nick it.

Chasing him around the ring means naff all ,let's be honest. Mayweather won most of his fights being chased around the ring and landing counter punches.

Yeah GGG connected with 53 more punches, which were jabs. He never landed anything that bothered Canelo either. Canelo was much more efficient and landed the bigger punches, the stats don't lie. GGG can take a punch as well as dish them out which is why he's one of the best.

Love to see them have a rematch.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Chasing him around the ring means naff all ,let's be honest. Mayweather won most of his fights being chased around the ring and landing counter punches.

Yeah GGG connected with 53 more punches, which were jabs. He never landed anything that bothered Canelo either. Canelo was much more efficient and landed the bigger punches, the stats don't lie. GGG can take a punch as well as dish them out which is why he's one of the best.

Love to see them have a rematch.

Look I'm not even saying that GGG won (although he clearly did). I'm simply saying the idea that Canelo troubled Golovkin more than he did is simply not true. He backed him up every time he landed. Even if they were jabs. Canelo landed with his best shots and Golvokin never flinched.

Just watched it again. Canelo's upper body movement is ridiculously good. Landed the majority of the eye catching punches.

GGG relentless and good workrate but boxing skills lacking. Struggling to fathom how anyone could score if anything other than a close fight.

Edited by moogsy

Just watched it again. Canelo's upper body movement is ridiculously good. Landed the majority of the eye catching punches.

GGG relentless and good workrate but boxing skills lacking. Struggling to fathom how anyone could score if anything other than a close fight.

Aye Canelos movement was really good. Draw was a fair result but the scoring from that one judge just totally killed it.

My opinion although no expert.

Canelo hit GGG with the best shots and GGG work rate and punch rate better. No idea how each shot is rated but a big shot must be worth more than a jab otherwise we may as well go to Amateur type scoring. The female judge scoring is embarrassing.

Draw is the correct result though. Think Canelo wins the next fight. Had GGG figured out.

Samuel Camazzola

Haye Bellew 2 rumoured to be confirmed, scheduled for December

If Haye's ankle can hold out, would think he would do Bellew this team. Bellew got far too much credit for the last bout.

If Haye's ankle can hold out, would think he would do Bellew this team. Bellew got far too much credit for the last bout.

Damn right he did. His sneering and smugness was quite pathetic.

Samuel Camazzola

Bellew will beat Haye again.

Haye is a total ***** and a fraud.

IMO.

I don't think Bellew was convincing against a guy on one leg. Haye would have went the distance if Shane hadn't pulled him out and he was pretty much in control until the achilles went.

Bellew needs this fight as the only opponent in the heavyweight division who's close to his weight is Parker and after this weekend, Parker may not have the prestige if he loses to Fury.

I didn't see the fight live last time but heard lots of people saying it was a great fight-couldn't understand why when I got round to watching it, it was terrible. Hate was literally fighting on one leg.

I think I'll give it a miss again this time, don't have any time for either fighter

Edited by Ivan Drago

jack D and coke

I don't think Bellew was convincing against a guy on one leg. Haye would have went the distance if Shane hadn't pulled him out and he was pretty much in control until the achilles went.

Bellew needs this fight as the only opponent in the heavyweight division who's close to his weight is Parker and after this weekend, Parker may not have the prestige if he loses to Fury.

Bellew wasn?t convincing I?d agree with that but he was the better man on the night for me. Haye doesn?t have the power to put him or anyone else of note away in the heavyweight division.

Ok his Achilles came into play later in the fight but Haye was blowing out his arse after 4 rounds and barely laid a decent glove on Bellew all night.

He?s a fraud for me I?ve never seen it with him. Utter balloon trash talking and in front of the cameras as well, makes a fool of himself.

Bellew win again.

Samuel Camazzola

Bellew wasn?t convincing I?d agree with that but he was the better man on the night for me. Haye doesn?t have the power to put him or anyone else of note away in the heavyweight division.

Ok his Achilles came into play later in the fight but Haye was blowing out his arse after 4 rounds and barely laid a decent glove on Bellew all night.

He?s a fraud for me I?ve never seen it with him. Utter balloon trash talking and in front of the cameras as well, makes a fool of himself.

Bellew win again.

Haye was 4-1 up IIRC up until the injury in the 6th.

I hope the fight happens and injuries don't spoil it.

jack D and coke

Haye was 4-1 up IIRC up until the injury in the 6th.

I hope the fight happens and injuries don't spoil it.

Can?t think how he barely landed a punch.

All about opinions I guess[emoji1360]

Bellew will beat Haye again.

Haye is a total ***** and a fraud.

IMO.

No chance.. He was losing badly until Hayes snapped his achillies.. Even then he struggled with a disabled heavy

Its another circus act. Bellew isnt a heavyweight, you seem his reaction after the first fight, he just done it for a payday. I like the guy and he's a great cruzerweight fighter but he wont last 12 rounds if Haye is fit, he was blowing out his erse after 3 rounds

Samuel Camazzola

Its another circus act. Bellew isnt a heavyweight, you seem his reaction after the first fight, he just done it for a payday. I like the guy and he's a great cruzerweight fighter but he wont last 12 rounds if Haye is fit, he was blowing out his erse after 3 rounds

Haye isn't a heavyweight either. He's a cruiser but stepped up after there was no more competition in the division. His dismantling if Enzo Macharanelli (sp) was impressive. He's probably too big a puncher for cruiser but not big enough in frame for heavyweight.

Andre Ward the P4P Champ has retired.

Shame but he's beaten Kovalev twice now although both slightly controversially. 

Not sure who was left for him to fight.

Thought he was excellent in the 2nd Kovalev fight in particular and was a fairly clear winner although the decision itself was doubtful.

Clear P4P champ who wants to go out on top, gotta have respect for that.

Away from home and on my iPad - any good streams for the boxing (fury Parker) tonight?

Think you will struggle. The undercard is being streamed for free but the main event is PPV on Youtube in UK and US. I'm great Tecno Wizard but I presume it will be difficult to get a stream of a stream so think you are hoping someone stream it live from New Zealand TV.

scott herbertson

Think you will struggle. The undercard is being streamed for free but the main event is PPV on Youtube in UK and US. I'm great Tecno Wizard but I presume it will be difficult to get a stream of a stream so think you are hoping someone stream it live from New Zealand TV.

Thanks - it was a long shot

I have a couple of sites on my pic at home which would probably work, but not so easy on the road with my ipad

Thanks - it was a long shot

I have a couple of sites on my pic at home which would probably work, but not so easy on the road with my ipad

Think I'll struggle to get anything on my laptop, usually get something as well for most fights, but because it's not on TV in UK or USA don't think there will be streams of streams going around. It's on 5live though for worst case scenario.

scott herbertson

Thanks - I have agreat high definition stream - can't remember the site and don't want to minimise it in case I lose it! But thanks for posting the othe one

Main fight going to start soon - can't see past Parker though Fury has a bit of chutzpah line his couson

Thanks - I have agreat high definition stream - can't remember the site and don't want to minimise it in case I lose it! But thanks for posting the othe one

Main fight going to start soon - can't see past Parker though Fury has a bit of chutzpah line his couson

Nah, think Fury will win. Hopefully good fight though.

scott herbertson

Nah, think Fury will win. Hopefully good fight though.

I thought Parker just did enough 118-110 was plain wrong.

Got a good site in the end strikeout.me tho a bag of pop ups first

I donno how you score that, you could give Fury rounds for getting in a few slappy punches while running and avoiding getting into any sort of fight but you can't win a heavyweight world title like that, I'd give most of the rounds to Parker since at least he came forward and wanted to fight.

Pulev would beat both these guys and AJ could take them both out on the same night.  

Edited by Cisc0 K1d

I thought Parker just did enough 118-110 was plain wrong.

Got a good site in the end strikeout.me tho a bag of pop ups first

It was a pretty crap fight. Personally I wouldn't disagree either way with a close decision or a draw as it depends how you score it. There was very little clean punches landed and I was very dissapointed in Fury in the early rounds because he was jabbing him then when he came his movement and footwork turned him but he wouldn't follow up with the right hand.. But to have Fury only winning 2 rounds on two scorecards is just a joke and is another blackeye for boxing. Twice in a month in as many world title fights.

Looking like GGG v Canelo early next year. None of the fighters interested in any other fight.

Haye V Bellew will have a clause that if Haye wins there will be a trilogy. Will only happen if it is close. If haye knocks him out there won't be another fight imo