Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Carl Weathers

Link was a bit buggy but watchable. Haye finished. Didn't look fit. Glad we got it for free. :D

Cruyff Turn

David Hayes legs are ****ed, should have retired after the last fight. 

Pathetic performance after being knocked down. 

A fight too far for Haye. He fought like an old fighter, no speed or reflexes compared to his previous fights. 

Career over for Haye, time has taken its toll on him, he isnt half the fighter he once was. That was abysmal.

That knock down before the TKO was an absolute belter.

Bellew looked in a lot better shape this time than last time and it showed

Good performance by Bellew. I’d quite like to see him in with Dillian Whyte - I think that’d be a great matchup.

As for Haye - Father Time certainly certainly caught up with tonight and that will surely be the last time we see him in the ring. He’s had a funny kind of career. He has good boxing skills and he did well to unify belts at cruiserweight but his career has been really underwhelming since then. He’s spent more time calling people out and chatting rubbish in the media than actually fighting in the ring during his peak years. I never really thought he had any business in the heavyweight division - don’t think Bellew really does either, although both of them can take out some of the smaller heavyweights in the division. I would never envisage Bellew or Haye ever realistically taking on the likes of a Wilder or AJ even if they were both in prime condition - they’re just not big enough. Bellew knows this - that’s why he was calling out Andre Ward afterwards.

kingantti1874

Fight should never have started. Haye couldn't put any weight on that back foot. He is completely finished. 

Haye is finished. 

Old, slow and all the power he had has gone because of the injuries he's had.

Time to hang up the gloves.

Mikey1874

No idea how anyone thought Haye had a chance.

His reputation (and the rematch promise) got him that fight.

Decent pay though.  

Haye is finished. Years of inactivity and living like a playboy have taken their toll. He is still trying to fight the way he did 10 years ago. For any longevity in boxing you need to adapt to your style as you age, Haye has clearly been unable to do this.

I'd imagine Bellew is going to retire too. If he continues he'll either be totally outboxed by Usyk or have his head knocked off by Gassiev, both for a fraction of the money he's just made against Haye. Doesn't seem worth it.

Haye was still injured from the first fight. Contractually obliged to get his pay day. Was telling that next to no sparring footage came out of his camp except a highly edited minute vs fringe man Malik Scott.

That was absolute wank and anyone who paid for it needs a slap. Throw in Joshua's last two snoozefests and its not been a great heavyweight year. 

Shame Canelo got done for doping cos the real fight that was going to be on later would have been a proper spectacle. Cant see GGG not smashing it later tho. 

It should have been ten

Be nice to see Bellew in a decent fight against a big hitter. Might shut the fat, mouthy scouser up for a while.

Edited by It should have been ten

14 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Be nice to see Bellew in a decent fight against a big hitter. Might shut the fat, mouthy scouser up for a while.

He's already said he's too small to fight any decent heavyweights (although there are only really three). Hence him calling out Andre Ward, who is retired, after the fight.

Edited by The Brow
grammar innit

It should have been ten
Just now, The Brow said:

He's already said he's too small to fight any decent heavyweights (although there is only really three). Hence him calling out Andre Ward, who is retired, after the fight.

Ah ok, I must’ve switched it over before he said that. If he were to work on his body more and bulk up muscle wise would that then allow him to up his game and take on the big boys? 

6 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Ah ok, I must’ve switched it over before he said that. If he were to work on his body more and bulk up muscle wise would that then allow him to up his game and take on the big boys? 

He's not particularly tall, he's already gone up two weights just to make himself a small heavyweight and he's also 35. 

And his reach is something like 8" less than the big three. 

He would get absolutely ragdolled by Fury, Wilder or Joshua, and he knows it. He's had a go at heavyweight, him and Haye fooled the public twice. He should leave it there. 

It should have been ten
12 minutes ago, The Brow said:

He's not particularly tall, he's already gone up two weights just to make himself a small heavyweight and he's also 35. 

And his reach is something like 8" less than the big three. 

He would get absolutely ragdolled by Fury, Wilder or Joshua, and he knows it. He's had a go at heavyweight, him and Haye fooled the public twice. He should leave it there. 

Or could tie one of their arms behind their backs to give him a chance :lol:

fabienleclerq

Similar to last time but quicker, haye out quick but barely landing and Bellew you never worried. Bellew looked a lot more confident.Hayes a *****.

Geoff the Mince
9 hours ago, Harko said:

Good performance by Bellew. I’d quite like to see him in with Dillian Whyte - I think that’d be a great matchup.

As for Haye - Father Time certainly certainly caught up with tonight and that will surely be the last time we see him in the ring. He’s had a funny kind of career. He has good boxing skills and he did well to unify belts at cruiserweight but his career has been really underwhelming since then. He’s spent more time calling people out and chatting rubbish in the media than actually fighting in the ring during his peak years. I never really thought he had any business in the heavyweight division - don’t think Bellew really does either, although both of them can take out some of the smaller heavyweights in the division. I would never envisage Bellew or Haye ever realistically taking on the likes of a Wilder or AJ even if they were both in prime condition - they’re just not big enough. Bellew knows this - that’s why he was calling out Andre Ward afterwards.

Couldn't agree more

Haye is a fraud . 

Good at mouthing off though .

Geoff the Mince
8 hours ago, moogsy said:

Haye is finished. Years of inactivity and living like a playboy have taken their toll. He is still trying to fight the way he did 10 years ago. For any longevity in boxing you need to adapt to your style as you age, Haye has clearly been unable to do this.

I'd imagine Bellew is going to retire too. If he continues he'll either be totally outboxed by Usyk or have his head knocked off by Gassiev, both for a fraction of the money he's just made against Haye. Doesn't seem worth it.

Agree Bellew should go out on a high ;

He's achieved and earned more money than he would of thought possible a couple of years ago .

AlimOzturk

Properly hungover for what was an absolute shit fight.  Will eventually learn my lesson that boxing is more about promotion than actual fighting.  

Eventually. Still love the sport  ?

Sharky999

It wasnt much of a fight, but it was a corker of a left hook from Bellew to put Haye down for good. 

I agree, Bellew is nowhere near a big enough  proper heavy weight, AJ would destroy him in 5.

Rocco_Jambo
12 hours ago, The Brow said:

He's already said he's too small to fight any decent heavyweights (although there are only really three). Hence him calling out Andre Ward, who is retired, after the fight.

He’s pretty much standard size for a heavyweight being 6,3. He’s about an inch smaller than guys like Whyte, Pulev and Parker and taller than Povetkin and Takam. No reason for him not to fight these guys if he’s going to linger at Heavyweight to avoid the dangerous cruisers.

Reality is he seems to want to fight semi retired/retired fighters who are low risk/high reward on PPV with amateur dramatics being used to sell the fight rather than them being genuine top fights. 

50 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

He’s pretty much standard size for a heavyweight being 6,3. He’s about an inch smaller than guys like Whyte, Pulev and Parker and taller than Povetkin and Takam. No reason for him not to fight these guys if he’s going to linger at Heavyweight to avoid the dangerous cruisers.

Reality is he seems to want to fight semi retired/retired fighters who are low risk/high reward on PPV with amateur dramatics being used to sell the fight rather than them being genuine top fights. 

He's nowhere near big enough to compete with anyone decent. Whyte, Pulev, Parke etc, they're punch bags for the big three that nobody really cares about. Theres no *real* money in those fights and Bellew knows it.  

He's have to bring a ****ing tank to the ring to knock down someone like Takem :laugh::laugh:

He's 35 with a small reach, hes less than 100kg and he's never a heavyweight in a million years. He knows this as well as you do, hence the bollocks after the fight. 

Rocco_Jambo
42 minutes ago, The Brow said:

He's nowhere near big enough to compete with anyone decent. Whyte, Pulev, Parke etc, they're punch bags for the big three that nobody really cares about. Theres no *real* money in those fights and Bellew knows it.  

He's have to bring a ****ing tank to the ring to knock down someone like Takem :laugh::laugh:

He's 35 with a small reach, hes less than 100kg and he's never a heavyweight in a million years. He knows this as well as you do, hence the bollocks after the fight. 

I’m not saying he is good enough to beat anyone decent but it’s not because he is too small as Ive stated given size comparisons it’s because he is not good enough. He’s not good enough to compete with either the top 5 Cruisers so he has stepped up to Heavy but wants to avoid fighting anyone at that weight who isn’t extremely high reward/ low risk while polishing the turd and selling the fights to mugs who will lap up that he is a top fighter and worth paying 20 quid to watch.

If he lingers at heavyweight rather than going back to cruiserweight then he should be fighting these guys who are a similar size to him or just admit he’s not top level to compete at any weight rather spin the bullshit that he’s some how 5 inches smaller than most other heavyweights and hope people like you will give him a pass on it.

3 hours ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

I’m not saying he is good enough to beat anyone decent but it’s not because he is too small as Ive stated given size comparisons it’s because he is not good enough. He’s not good enough to compete with either the top 5 Cruisers so he has stepped up to Heavy but wants to avoid fighting anyone at that weight who isn’t extremely high reward/ low risk while polishing the turd and selling the fights to mugs who will lap up that he is a top fighter and worth paying 20 quid to watch.

If he lingers at heavyweight rather than going back to cruiserweight then he should be fighting these guys who are a similar size to him or just admit he’s not top level to compete at any weight rather spin the bullshit that he’s some how 5 inches smaller than most other heavyweights and hope people like you will give him a pass on it.

Absolute waffle. I stopped reading after your first sentence. 

Rocco_Jambo
28 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Absolute waffle. I stopped reading after your first sentence. 

Probably best for you. Your knowledge of boxing sounds like it begins and ends with what’s on the Sky Sports News bulletins.

7 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Probably best for you. Your knowledge of boxing sounds like it begins and ends with what’s on the Sky Sports News bulletins.

Ooofft. What a burn  

Goan yourself princess. 

bellew deserved it hes a stand up guy

haye just fighting for money now since his recent comeback fighting bums on DAVE tv channel

What a fight that was with Linares v Lomachenko - that was boxing of the highest caliber.

Loma was clearly winning when it was stopped in round 9 but Linares kept himself in the fight with his size and amazing handspeed. 

Lomachenko now holds the record for becoming the fastest 3 weight champion - after only 12 fights. I think tonight showed that the only thing that’s gonna beat him is size - he’s beaten the best lightweight in the world, but he’s still got a featherweight frame with Linares a full 16 pounds heavier than Loma in the ring. 

For me I think Lomachenko can beat anyone between featherweight and light-welterweight - I think he must be the most skilled boxer I’ve ever seen.

wonder if gsp can get down to that weight i dont see it happening as nick has unfinished business with GSP i dont see his bro fighting him

as for loma masterful as always seen he is human tho after getting dropped all respect fighting bigger guys time after time 3 titles in 3 weight classes in 12 fights what a fighter

I like Till and think he will go far but I think the weight, and family, issue may cause him issues tonight. 

The undercard has started now on bt sports. I didn't realise it was such an early start. 

27 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Fury on next weekend. Probs be a walkover but still interesting none the less

I know he's been out the ring for a while but his choice of opponent is diabolical. The guy is 5'10 and not even a top 50 cruiserweight :lol:

Embarrassing the way he goes on about being able to beat Joshua etc. easily then pulls out an opponent like this.

Aye he's been out for so long, first one has to be essentially a competitive sparring match.  Next fight will be a big step up to a ranked fighter imo.  Cant be expected to jump in at the deep end considering the problems he's had etc