Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Aye Covington was the obvious fight to make then maybe Till fighting them down the line but they seem to have skipped Colby for some reason!  Agreed on the fights v Wonderboy getting influenced by his counter style.  I thought Till done well against him with attacking the front leg in brutal fashion.  Till doesn't seem scared either so could have potential for a decent fight. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2787984-conor-mcgregor-pleads-guilty-to-bus-attack-will-not-have-a-criminal-record

I suspect that now this is sorted we will see him back fighting sooner rather than later.

Can’t lie would like to see him back in the octagon again not sure how that would go but either way.

The guys circus bores me.No point denying though that his fights are pretty much always good win or lose apart from the Mayweather farce.

Him v Khabib is so intriguing though for me Khabib by far the superior MMA fighter but Conor could well counter him coming in and end the fight.

4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I like him, I find it hard not to admire someone who has gone from an unemployed plumber to the biggest fighter in MMA by a country mile. That impressed me not just because he is an exceptional fighter but a exceptional business man and promoter.

I don’t particularly care  if he wins or loses but I wanted to see what happens.

I am huge khabib fan and I jumped on the bandwagon right at the start (I may have even suggested to yourself he was the man when Petis on top) . His top game is unbelievable and rentkess I struggle to think of anything like it. Kevin Lee and Covington are close but different styles of top game more traditional wrestling. 

My initial reaction kgabib grabs him and rag dolls him for 5 rounds. However, mcgregor is a underrated fighter for me (because of that circus that surrounds him) his timing and precision are unrivalled imo. If you look at people who fought him mendes, Alvarez to name a couple were shocked by it. That left hand is a thing of beauty and his striking is just so sharp and he uses things like distance, combinations and angles like very fighters I can think off, 

I have heard john kavangh really say they fancy there chances,  that I think is telling. For example they would rather face khavib than Ferguson.  (I think Ferguson much easier match up as he takes to give and will engage in a striking battle, another fight id like to see)

Khavib boxing isbt great, he uses it to close distance and get takedown. That is much harder against someone like mcgregor due to his precision. 

I don’t know who wins but by god/budhaa/Alah I want to find out, 

if khavib v mcgregor next up who you got. 

As I said I really don't know.I think Khabib is the better fighter but his trying to walk through you style is made for Conor to counter him coming in but then Mendes got a hold of Conor and if that happens with Khabib then Conor is ****ed he will be completely exhausted and probably taken out in the 2nd round.Its just one of the most interesting fights I can think of for a long time in MMA.Who solves the problem each has is the winner in this one.I will go Khabib but would not be hugely surprised if Conor does it very early again.

On 7/24/2018 at 17:49, Masonic said:

wonder how long before he moves up in weight

I think he's planning heading for the heavyweights ASAP.

Talks of Bellew next. Think Bellew wants it back down at cruiserweight with the lure of the belts.
Think Usyk wants it at heavy, because he sees Tony as an ideal stepping stone into the heavyweight division, 6'3", will probably weigh similar to him on fight night and is strong and has decent power. 

Hopefully Usyk absolutely dismantles over 11 embarrasingly one-sided rounds until Dave Caldwell throws in the towel

On 7/24/2018 at 21:11, AlimOzturk said:

Might not need the power if he can be a master of hit and not be hit. Looks like he has it. 

Anyways, don't need to be big to have power. Ask Tyson and Holyfield. 

You don't need to be big but Usyk doesn't carry power. He isn't heavy handed at 200lbs, so he'll have nothing to concern the top 6'6"+ world level heavies.

So he is going to have to be immensely good at hitting and not being hit, because he not only has to outbox his opponents, he has to avoid being tagged by some monstrous punchers and he will also have to worry about them being able to effectively walk through his shots as he has little deterrent.  

Judge Fudge

Usyk boxes tall and smart, with the extra weight he is more than capable of testing every heavyweight out there. Great amateur pedigree and has been doing it on the road in people's backyards recently. His problem will be getting the big fights in the timescale he's planning. He will be ducked by the top guys for the time being. No surprise that Bellew is calling him out, it makes sense for both of them.

Anyone watching Whyte v Parker later on? Seen it’s £25 - absolute ripoff For a non-title bout, so on the lookout for an ahem, ahem... if anyone finds one

Edited by Harko

Henry. Henry.

Nigel Benns laddie fighting now.  Up against it a bit in the rematch against Peynaud from France. First fight was a cracker.  This one going same way 

Whyte has been more aggressive in these opening rounds than AJ was over the course of the whole fight when he fought Parker!

Whyte doesn't look like he'll last the full fight. 

Looks fat and unfit. 

He needs a knockout. 

Edited by Top Corner

5 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Whyte doesn't look like he'll last the full fight. 

Looks fat and unfit. 

He needs a knockout. 

Parker isn’t enjoying this - Whyte is throwback punches unlike the bodybuilder AJ

That was an extremely naive final 2 rounds from Whyte - that defo would’ve cost him against someone who punches harder than Parker. He gets the win though - I don’t think he has enough for Wilder, AJ or Povetkin. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Surely questions about a 115-110 scorecard when compared to the other judges. 

In not so sure - I wasn’t scoring it but Whyte looked like he must’ve been at least four or five rounds ahead. He also scored two knockdowns to Parker’s one which got gives him an additional 2 points. Although it was a messy brawl - I was still surprised at how close the other judges had it, especially the 113-111 score. 

Basically the 113-111 score is saying - if there was no knockdowns then it was a draw!!

:cornette:

invernessjt
3 minutes ago, Harko said:

In not so sure - I wasn’t scoring it but Whyte looked like he must’ve been at least four or five rounds ahead. He also scored two knockdowns to Parker’s one which got gives him an additional 2 points. Although it was a messy brawl - I was still surprised at how close the other judges had it, especially the 113-111 score. 

Basically the 113-111 score is saying - if there was no knockdowns then it was a draw!!

If there were no knockdowns then Whyte still wins by 1 point. But I get your point, the scoring seemed way too close.

4 minutes ago, invernessjt said:

If there were no knockdowns then Whyte still wins by 1 point. But I get your point, the scoring seemed way too close.

You’re right ?

20 minutes ago, Harko said:

I thought the commentators made it sound like Whyte was doing better than he was, they seemed to pick holes in Parker in every round but Whyte had just as many issues he had no balance, kept trying to wrestle and lunge in with wild punches, Sky could do with finding the next Jim Watt to do a bit better and more balanced co-commentating.

Having said that Whyte edged it but another 30 seconds and he would have been out for the count. 

6 minutes ago, Cisc0 K1d said:

I thought the commentators made it sound like Whyte was doing better than he was, they seemed to pick holes in Parker in every round but Whyte had just as many issues he had no balance, kept trying to wrestle and lunge in with wild punches, Sky could do with finding the next Jim Watt to do a bit better and more balanced co-commentating.

Having said that Whyte edged it but another 30 seconds and he would have been out for the count. 

Whyte made it closer than it had to be - he coulda just stood off Parker and picked him off after the knockdown but his desire to close the show with a KO almost cost him. Parker didn’t really offer anything apart from round 1 and the final 2 rounds for me. The other rounds were even to a degree in terms of the number of punches being thrown by both fighters but the more hurtful punches were being thrown by Whyte and so I can’t see how people would give Parker much quite frankly - even though it was a scrappy fight in a sense.

On 25/07/2018 at 23:01, Arshavin said:

Aye Covington was the obvious fight to make then maybe Till fighting them down the line but they seem to have skipped Colby for some reason!  Agreed on the fights v Wonderboy getting influenced by his counter style.  I thought Till done well against him with attacking the front leg in brutal fashion.  Till doesn't seem scared either so could have potential for a decent fight. 

Covington has an injury so wouldn't be able to fight in September that's why Till is getting a shot 

Whyte was lucky to hear the final bell. Went out a bit too quick and benefited from that head butt kd. Parker really should have stepped on it a bit quicker 

jack D and coke

Brilliant fight. Whyte is so loose and almost begging to be KO’d. Another 30 seconds and Parker wins that although Whyte did deserve the win on the whole though. 

Thought it deserved its own thread. 

Conor v Khabib it's on. 

6th October

McGregor will ko him in round 1. 

Edited by ri Alban

10 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Yeah watched it. Mighty Mouse v Cejudo was such a close fight, had no idea which way was going to go. It was hard not to be happy for Cejudo when you see his reaction. Whilst Mighty Mouse took the defeat like the ultimate professional he is.

Dillashaw fight went very similar to first just much shorter timescale. 

The thiago Santos fight was entertaining as well. 

Was happy to see Dillashaw win again though really can't take to Cody at all.As for Mighty Mouse they all get beat in the end.Cejudo should stick around at the weight he is at as I fancy Dillashaw to destroy him.

Edited by vegas-voss

Better call Saul
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Conor v Khabib it's on. 

6th October

All that waiting.. Seems like ages ago I seen him fight. 

2 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Thread title is making me hungry. 

Doner Kebab!  Exactly what I thought!

chuck berrys hairline
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Conor v Khabib it's on. 

6th October

If he doesn't Kabib will win imo. Conor tires easy and with Kabibs bear tactics can see the fight panning out on the ground. Can't wait for the wee shit to get shut up again

Edited by chuck berrys hairline

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Booooo! 

:lol: If ever a man needed a burst mooth and put on his arse it’s him.  

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:lol: If ever a man needed a burst mooth and put on his arse it’s him.  

I used to think the same. (because of him the fighters are making more money now). But his patters no bad at times. 

If anyone needs a slap it's Dana White. A slimeball. 

Edited by ri Alban

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Doner Kebab!  Exactly what I thought!

That's how I read it too!! 

been here before
4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Hope McGregor gets smashed. 

Absolute twat. 

The pricks prick.