Boxing and UFC

Masonic

4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Povetkin was lighting him up for 6 rounds = electrifying ?

If you think Povetkin was ‘lighting him up’ for 6 rounds you clearly weren’t watching the fight. First 2 rounds he had Joshua in some trouble but 3rd round onwards Joshua had adapted and was catching him with the jab and good power shots which set him up for the KO in the 7th. It didn’t come out of nowhere. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, moogsy said:

If you think Povetkin was ‘lighting him up’ for 6 rounds you clearly weren’t watching the fight. First 2 rounds he had Joshua in some trouble but 3rd round onwards Joshua had adapted and was catching him with the jab and good power shots which set him up for the KO in the 7th. It didn’t come out of nowhere. 

I had it 4-2 Povetkin. 

50 minutes ago, Gumpert said:

Going to save this for a later date, Fury not exciting in the ring but an excellent boxer and think he’ll surprise a lot of people and beat Wilder on points 

22 minutes ago, moogsy said:

Oxford Dictionary:

2. cause a sudden sense of thrilling excitement in (someone).
"an electrifying performance"

I was asking you. Not the dictionary.

3 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

I was asking you. Not the dictionary.

It was exciting and thrilling, as a lot of Joshua fights have been. Not sure why you've taken issue with my choice of word :lol:

Did you not think it was an exciting fight?

11 minutes ago, moogsy said:

It was exciting and thrilling, as a lot of Joshua fights have been. Not sure why you've taken issue with my choice of word :lol:

I asked you how he was electrfying ? Please do do not try conflate that.

6 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

I asked you how he was electrfying ? Please do do not try conflate that.

He was electrifying because he weathered an early storm and knocked the guy out in spectacular fashion, something that no one has come close to doing before. Is that acceptable for you?

Just now, moogsy said:

He was electrifying because he weathered an early storm and knocked the guy out in spectacular fashion, something that no one has come close to doing before. Is that acceptable for you?

he was knocked down 3 times by Klitschko. And that was prime Povetkin, not 40 y/o. 

10 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

he was knocked down 3 times by Klitschko. And that was prime Povetkin, not 40 y/o. 

Only 1 of those knockdowns was legit, the other 2 he wrestled him to the ground FFS. And conversely Wlad was vastly more experienced than Joshua when he fought Povetkin and the amount of holding and leaning he done in that fight was criminal.

Anyways if people don't want to appreciate Joshua and what he's done for Biritsh boxing fair enough :lol: It's always trendy to hate things when they become popular.

Edited by moogsy

7 minutes ago, moogsy said:

He was electrifying because he weathered an early storm?? I feel sorry for you.

6 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

He was electrifying because he weathered an early storm?? I feel sorry for you.

Oh the feeling is most definitely mutual. You've conveniently ignored the bit about knocking him out in spectacular fashion. Don't think there's  any point in continuing the discussion to be honest, I apologise if you feel my use of the word electrifying wasn't suitable in the context of Joshua's performance ?.

56 minutes ago, Gumpert said:

Feel free to ignore the point though fair enough 

404E5A79-B1E5-43F7-9809-B1BA0F74FEF6.jpeg

The point was that you said he was an excellent boxer. I don’t ever remember Ali or Sugar Ray punching themselves. 

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The point was that you said he was an excellent boxer. I don’t ever remember Ali or Sugar Ray punching themselves. 

Hahaha so an error means you can’t be an excellent boxer ? Tyson is a great technical boxer and if you can’t see that you don’t know what you’re taking about 

13 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And just to follow that up, Sugar Ray and Ali both had losses on their record. Not saying fury is better but if you’re going to bring up nonsense points I might as well do the same 

1 hour ago, Gumpert said:

Hahaha so an error means you can’t be an excellent boxer ? Tyson is a great technical boxer and if you can’t see that you don’t know what you’re taking about 

He isn't a great technical boxer. He's an awkward boxer that's hard to hit. And if you think he is then you don't then you don't know what you're talking about. 

48 minutes ago, Tazio said:

He isn't a great technical boxer. He's an awkward boxer that's hard to hit. And if you think he is then you don't then you don't know what you're talking about. 

Hard to hit and wins fights, sounds like a good boxer to me ????

1 hour ago, Gerd Muller said:

Is there a link to watch a replay of the full fight? Crashed out by half 9 last night. 

A decent fight, but Josh showed his class at the end.

Good coverage again from Sky.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, The Brow said:

AJ needs to work on his charisma and chat. 

He is an absolute dullard, his interviews are horrendous drivel. 

It's probably one of the things that irritates me about him. All credit in what he has achieved in the ring but he has been media trained to the hilt and his rehearsed statements and answers make him a slaver. 

The charisma bypass is perfect for the media image of the doing good black role model superstar though. Fury is a loose cannon that the media detest for daring to have an opinion and big mouth.

jack D and coke

Was a decent fight. Povetkin was a worthy opponent and came to fight I was impressed with him. He landed some cracking shots and was winning on points after 4 rounds for me. I always felt AJ would eventually find the range and once he did it would be curtains. 

I must admit I find it strange the amount of people who don’t like Joshua, he’s a decent bloke and a good champion. 

Weird. 

14 hours ago, moogsy said:

For what it's worth, I totally agree with your post, it WAS an electrifying finish by AJ. I really enjoy his fights, I feel he brings something different to the heavyweight division.

13 hours ago, moogsy said:

Oh the feeling is most definitely mutual. You've conveniently ignored the bit about knocking him out in spectacular fashion. Don't think there's  any point in continuing the discussion to be honest, I apologise if you feel my use of the word electrifying wasn't suitable in the context of Joshua's performance ?.

I've not ignored that. It was a very good finish when he was being out boxed. Electrifying though? You should write lines for Adam Smith.

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Was a decent fight. Povetkin was a worthy opponent and came to fight I was impressed with him. He landed some cracking shots and was winning on points after 4 rounds for me. I always felt AJ would eventually find the range and once he did it would be curtains. 

I must admit I find it strange the amount of people who don’t like Joshua, he’s a decent bloke and a good champion. 

Weird. 

I dont dislike him, I find him utterly ****ing dull though. His chat is complete and utter beige cliches and he needs to actually let some personality out. 

He's had 3 unified defences since he won the WBA 'super' title. The first two were utter crap and last night he put a good finish on a potential shitshow. Povetkin was a decent opponent, thankfully now he's out the way we can get Wilder and then Fury lined up.  

He's a 6/10 for me. Cant really be arsed with him but dont dislike him. 

5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Weird. 

People not being partial to racist drug dealers. How very bizarre.

On 22/09/2018 at 23:57, moogsy said:

It seems you're  passing Froch's sky sports score card off as your own opinion.  Povetkin had the best of the exchanges until the last 2 rounds. 

9 hours ago, The Brow said:

I dont dislike him, I find him utterly ****ing dull though. His chat is complete and utter beige cliches and he needs to actually let some personality out. 

He's had 3 unified defences since he won the WBA 'super' title. The first two were utter crap and last night he put a good finish on a potential shitshow. Povetkin was a decent opponent, thankfully now he's out the way we can get Wilder and then Fury lined up.  

He's a 6/10 for me. Cant really be arsed with him but dont dislike him. 

this is how i feel 

9 hours ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

People not being partial to racist drug dealers. How very bizarre.

6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

He’s a racist drug dealer?

1 hour ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Yes.

Haaa! What?!

41 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve never heard that before about him tbh. Is there anything I can read about this?

Yes, google is your friend. 

He has a conviction for being in possession of controlled drugs with intent to supply and tweets about people being a disgrace to the “superior black race”.

jack D and coke
6 hours ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

He has a conviction for being in possession of controlled drugs with intent to supply and tweets about people being a disgrace to the “superior black race”.

Yeah found the articles. The cannabis one I’ll forgive that’s just daft boyness but the superior black race thing isn’t good at all. That old chestnut claiming his Twitter was hacked too, you could only imagine the carry on if he was white and said similar. 

Also a few stories about steroids which when you look as his physique it’s not beyond imagination he’s been at it. 

8 hours ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Sell drugs = evil.

Sell alcohol - Just making a living.

Folk getting their knickers in a twist because a black guy from a shit area of London was found with some weed on them. Im not one for stereotypes but **** me thats about as surprising as some Partick Thistle fan with a bag of carrots and some hummus in their pockets. 

He may well be racist, however I bet he's finding out that taking a length from Eddie Hearn is working wonders for his bank balance. 

AND ALL THE NANAS LOVE HIM

2 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Folk getting their knickers in a twist because a black guy from a shit area of London was found with some weed on them. Im not one for stereotypes but **** me thats about as surprising as some Partick Thistle fan with a bag of carrots and some hummus in their pockets. 

He may well be racist, however I bet he's finding out that taking a length from Eddie Hearn is working wonders for his bank balance. 

To be fair it was half a pound, not exactly a wee bit for the weekend. 

8 minutes ago, Tazio said:

To be fair it was half a pound, not exactly a wee bit for the weekend. 

Its a decent months worth i'll give him that. 

11 hours ago, The Brow said:

The only folk getting their knickers in a twist and acting surprised were the "What" "what?!" merchants who appeared to be aghast that someone had the audacity to call a convicted drug dealer a drug dealer.

2 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Who's everyone fancying? 

Right now? 

Linda Cardellini, Lauren Cohan, Elizabeth Glinka and the receptionist at our offices.

chester copperpot
5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Right now? 

Linda Cardellini, Lauren Cohan, Elizabeth Glinka and the receptionist at our offices.

Ffs might have guessed! 

chester copperpot
7 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Bet on Smith to KO him. Not convinced by Groves fitness

I am pants at predicting boxing. Just going to enjoy this one.

I think this may be very close.

Round 1 knock out then :lol:

I've given it great consideration, weighed up all the strengths and weaknesses and concluded Groves is definitely favourite.

Chances are it gets to round 4 and his left arm falls off

chester copperpot
58 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Bet on Smith to KO him. Not convinced by Groves fitness

Fair play. Well done mate.

Good Liverpool man too