Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Aye i meant to type implies

I was pretty surprised when I was listening to that tbh. I guess if it's true, it's true. 

Aldo does look nowhere near as shredded as he used to.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Overeem (looking about the smallest and leanest I've ever seen him) knocks out JDS. Really nervous fight but I guess these guys only need one punch to knock each other out. They barely touched each other for the first round but that left hook from Overeem was a belter.

Then there was RDA v Cerrone. Complete mismatch and really disappointing show from Cowboy. RDA looked confident, Cowboy looked terrified. RDA just walked over the top of him and Cowboy performed like a punch bag. Thought this had the makings of a great match up but that was poor. Awful from Cerrone.

Both Diaz and RDA called out Conor. I guess they all know where the money is. Not a great event tbh and the crowd, especially those at the front looked very unhappy.

Overeem (looking about the smallest and leanest I've ever seen him) knocks out JDS. Really nervous fight but I guess these guys only need one punch to knock each other out. They barely touched each other for the first round but that left hook from Overeem was a belter.

Then there was RDA v Cerrone. Complete mismatch and really disappointing show from Cowboy. RDA looked confident, Cowboy looked terrified. RDA just walked over the top of him and Cowboy performed like a punch bag. Thought this had the makings of a great match up but that was poor. Awful from Cerrone.

Both Diaz and RDA called out Conor. I guess they all know where the money is. Not a great event tbh and the crowd, especially those at the front looked very unhappy.

Just watched it agree with everything you have said.RDA and Conor could be a very good fight and its one that might suit Conor with the longer reach again.

Generic Username

Just watched last nights event. Can't believe how quickly Cerrone got done. Really thought he'd make a good go of it but RDA was ruthless.

So both Diaz and RDA called McGregor out.

His response;

gNq99sx.png

:rofl:

I can see why RDA done it as he basically said he is coming for RDA's title but Diaz is a no mark.

7 underdogs won in a row until the main event pretty sick and if anyone seen the walters fight it was one of the worst decisions i have ever seen all three of them judges should be under investigation imo he won at least 8 of the 10 rounds and the judges scored it two draws and 95-93 to the other guy when the inplay betting line was 1/200 on walters

Overeem caught him a peach but JDS blocked his attempted ground attack and then it looked to me like he was getting back to his feet - ref called it too early IMO.

Overeem caught him a peach but JDS blocked his attempted ground attack and then it looked to me like he was getting back to his feet - ref called it too early IMO.

Disagree.

The guy was finished and he had no chance of recovering. The ref was right to stop Overeem really hurting him.

Disagree.

The guy was finished and he had no chance of recovering. The ref was right to stop Overeem really hurting him.

Ref does have a duty to stop the guy on the ground getting hurt so I get why he stopped it. Just wasn't convinced that JDS wasn't recovering and defending himself. Blocked the first attempt at a strike and then started to move into a defensive position. Suppose the issue is that if he waited a few secs longer it could have meant JDS getting seriously hurt though.

When I think back to Carwin Lesnar though it just shows that although the person on the bottom looks like they are toiling as long as they are protecting themselves and moving it doesn't necessarily need to be stopped as quick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezi4Nzhbm6E

jds wasnt defending himself ref had to stop it if there was one to moan about it was weidman taking 40 unanswered shots on the ground whilst being mounted when he fought rockhold the other week

Ref does have a duty to stop the guy on the ground getting hurt so I get why he stopped it. Just wasn't convinced that JDS wasn't recovering and defending himself. Blocked the first attempt at a strike and then started to move into a defensive position. Suppose the issue is that if he waited a few secs longer it could have meant JDS getting seriously hurt though.

When I think back to Carwin Lesnar though it just shows that although the person on the bottom looks like they are toiling as long as they are protecting themselves and moving it doesn't necessarily need to be stopped as quick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezi4Nzhbm6E

I think things have changed with what's acceptable since then tbh. Refs tend to stop fights a lot quicker these days.

jds wasnt defending himself ref had to stop it if there was one to moan about it was weidman taking 40 unanswered shots on the ground whilst being mounted when he fought rockhold the other week

This was clearly the exception. I think everyone watching Rockhold beat Weidman into the canvas expected that one to be stopped in the previous round.

Must say I was v impressed with how Rockhold dominated him, expected Weidman to control the fight but he never had a chance.

Must say I was v impressed with how Rockhold dominated him, expected Weidman to control the fight but he never had a chance.

Rockhold looked like a bigger, stronger and more athletic fighter IMO. Looked like a middleweight taking a doing from a light heavyweight. 

I wonder if Weidman would have any chance at Welterweight. Tough weight cut but apparently he only had to cut less than 10lbs for that last fight. 

I guess guys who can cut huge amounts of weight like Conor will have a huge advantage.

same i thought weidman would win

Rockhold looked like a bigger, stronger and more athletic fighter IMO. Looked like a middleweight taking a doing from a light heavyweight. 

I wonder if Weidman would have any chance at Welterweight. Tough weight cut but apparently he only had to cut less than 10lbs for that last fight. 

I guess guys who can cut huge amounts of weight like Conor will have a huge advantage.

yeah chris walking around weight is more than rockhold so i can see how it looks like that weidman does cut quite a bit and could easily fight at 205

same i thought weidman would win

yeah chris walking around weight is more than rockhold so i can see how it looks like that weidman does cut quite a bit and could easily fight at 205

Could it be that cutting so much left him depleted so against a strong wrestler he was found out? Reminds me of Rumble Johnson cutting so hard he nearly screwed his kidneys up and was too weak at middleweight.

Heard Weidman say in an interview that he only had 6lbs to cut 2 weeks before that last fight. Looks to me like he doesn't cut much and possibly could fight at welterweight where he'd be a big guy for the division. 

he cut something like 30lbs in 5 weeks he must have lost like 20 lbs in the first couple weeks to make the last couple weeks easier in his interview with ariel he said he was something like 205

I get you. Probably not much chance of him fighting at a lower weight then.

doubtful bro as he always talked about fighting jones at 205

yeah i found out about a week ago about that seething because i was supposed to go but my mate couldnt make it as hes moving into new house and has to be careful with his money at the moment 

Poirier disposes of Duffy.

Great fight.

Dustin is a different beast at 155.

Edited by Sten Guns

Disappointed that Kyle Noke lost. Not totally convinced about the decision either.

Great to see Mike McDonald back with a win as well.

How about that for a main event???  That last round was absolutely mental.

It could absolutely gone either way but I can see why they went with Lawler. He probably got more seriously damaging strikes despite the pure volume of attacks from Condit.

I wouldn't say that it was the wrong decision exactly but it could easily have gone to Condit.

Absolutely superb main event. Robbie is great value. Head like a brick and he loves to thrown down. A worthy champion.

That's got to be Arlovski done as a title contender. He was well beaten. Miocic looked bigger, badder and more athletic. He's probably the number 1 contender after the Cain v Werdum rematch. Miocic is bound to fight the winner there.

if you scored the fight as a whole then it would look competitive but since its on a round by round basis condit wooped him bad 3 rounds to 2 and the judges robbed him

also larkin was robbed too but not as bad as the main event

if you scored the fight as a whole then it would look competitive but since its on a round by round basis condit wooped him bad 3 rounds to 2 and the judges robbed him

also larkin was robbed too but not as bad as the main event

The Larkin fight was so hard to call as well. I couldn't honestly say what way that went.

The Russian boy's leg was absolute ****ed.

Rubbish decision Condit won that fight. Lawler fought 2.5 mins of desperation.

Condit is a far better martial artist. Robbie is just all heart.

Edited by vegas-voss

Lawlers own corner thought he had to win the last two rounds and he clearly lost the 4th.Desperation to get the knockout seen him win the 5th and a little bit of naivety from Condit as he tried to go toe to toe in the last.

Lawlers own corner thought he had to win the last two rounds and he clearly lost the 4th.Desperation to get the knockout seen him win the 5th and a little bit of naivety from Condit as he tried to go toe to toe in the last.

He looked surprised himself.

What do you think of what DC said that RL definitely landed more damaging attacks than CC and that may have been what swung the decision his way?

He looked surprised himself.

What do you think of what DC said that RL definitely landed more damaging attacks than CC and that may have been what swung the decision his way?

He was hunting for the big punch. Some of those rounds he hardly threw a punch. He was even outstruck in the 2nd and 5th round.

Love Robbie Lawler fights as the guys heart and will is 2nd to none but he has had some contentious decisions now.honestly dont get how the 3rd could be scored for Lawler

He was hunting for the big punch. Some of those rounds he hardly threw a punch. He was even outstruck in the 2nd and 5th round.

Love Robbie Lawler fights as the guys heart and will is 2nd to none but he has had some contentious decisions now.honestly dont get how the 3rd could be scored for Lawler

CC was far longer and rangier. RL couldn't get near him.

I'm thinking that they maybe won 1 or 2 rounds each leaving either 3 or 1 rounds as draws.

On balance of damaging blows rather than just volume of punches thrown, maybe RL took it.

There was obviously no clear winner and it definitely could have gone the other way. I get the feeling that if CC had won, there would be a lot of people complaining the RL should have gotten the decision.

CC was far longer and rangier. RL couldn't get near him.

I'm thinking that they maybe won 1 or 2 rounds each leaving either 3 or 1 rounds as draws.

On balance of damaging blows rather than just volume of punches thrown, maybe RL took it.

There was obviously no clear winner and it definitely could have gone the other way. I get the feeling that if CC had won, there would be a lot of people complaining the RL should have gotten the decision.

I just thought Condit fought a brilliant controlled fight other than the last round where i think he let ego come into it and tried to have a tear up which was the wrong move.Robbie himself thought he was beat going into that last round so had to go for the KO out of desperation.I also didnt think Condit was hurt anywhere near as bad as Rogan was making out in the com in the 2nd round i also dont think Robbie was that hurt in the 1st though.

Anyway next up Cruz v DJ

Whats folks thoughts on that one. Can Cruz role back the years after all the injury problems that stopped him becoming the dominant champ he looked like becoming?

Generic Username

Just caught up with last nights action. Surprised that Lawler got the decision but it did feel like Condit was throwing that volume of kicks/punches because he knew he didn't have the KO power to put Lawler down so was banking on points. Would be good to see them fight again though. And that last round - JINGS!

Wonder if Miocic will get his title shot after screaming at Dana post fight.

Just caught up with last nights action. Surprised that Lawler got the decision but it did feel like Condit was throwing that volume of kicks/punches because he knew he didn't have the KO power to put Lawler down so was banking on points. Would be good to see them fight again though. And that last round - JINGS!

Wonder if Miocic will get his title shot after screaming at Dana post fight.

Kind of how i saw it.

It wasn't a robbery by any means. He hurt CC badly twice and CC hurt him badly once.

Miocic to fight the winner of Werdum v Cain.

I'm always a bit wary of heavyweight main events. One punch on the chin and it's all over.

Generic Username

Kind of how i saw it.

It wasn't a robbery by any means. He hurt CC badly twice and CC hurt him badly once.

Miocic to fight the winner of Werdum v Cain.

I'm always a bit wary of heavyweight main events. One punch on the chin and it's all over.

There's not a lot of "stylistics" when it comes to the bruisers of the UFC but then that's all part of the fun as well, getting to see two absolute freaks lump each other for 25 minutes.

Looking forward to how 2016 shapes up and what the big PPVs will be.

Lawler Condit.

Not so sure the judges got it so wrong. Loads of volume from Condit, but in the main it was largely ineffective.

For me, Lawler had the more damaging strikes and spent most of the time controlling the octagon.

I suppose you could maybe argue Condit edged it, but if a Champion is to lose a belt then i think Condit needs to truly earn it. Perhaps you can say he didn't quite do enough to change the status quo at 170.

Given how close it was, I think it's fair the belt stays with Robbie and a rematch is their next fight.