Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Watched that a few times now and I still can't tell exactly what happened.

Looked to me that it is Ronda stirring up the shit as usual all Holm does is react.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Classic case of believing your own hype. Ronda's apparently had talks to crossover into boxing with ODH, she's not a boxer as proven last night.

Rousey looked ****ing knackered fighting that "long".

Outside of Holm is there really going to be anyone who can give her ring time to prepare for the rematch?

You can't train to fight multiple rounds. It was so obvious that Holly had went round after round after round in the past.

Man she made Ronda look like an amateur.

Weidman will KO Rockhold inside 2 IMO.

Remember when ronda said she'd knock out mayweather

:cornette:

Leathered

That comment looks incredibly silly now.

One punch from him and she'd be done.

Mayweather will be pishing himself :lol:

His comments about here being on the front of The Ring were spot on as well. Hopefully the hype train will calm down a bit now.

Not convinced.

It's easy to post comments like this after the biggest shock in the history of the sport.

Did you say the same on this thread beforehand? If you did. I'll believe you then. 

There are only 2 weight categories for women and UFC has about 30 fighters contracted at each weight. Not sure where you get the idea that there are only 10 female fighters from.

Practically every fan of martial arts on the planet and most UFC fighters of both genders rate her as a champion but apparently you knew better all along. Sorry but I don't believe you.

She was absolutely shown up tonight. Completely believed her own hype and legend by the looks of things and tried to go toe to toe with a world class boxer. She's never been much of a boxer and her ego did her a huge disservice. If she'd taken her down and wrestled with her, she'd maybe have won. She'd certainly not have been comprehensively battered like she was tonight. 

I've no doubt that there will be a rematch and maybe she'll show some restraint and intelligence. If she does, and fights to her strengths, she'll be champion again.

Said it before the fight and if you were not sucked in by the hype it was obvious...so I guess I did know better all along .

You might not have liked the comments but they were spot on so take a breath, lose the anger and simply realise that she was all hype.

Generic Username

I don't think it was hype with Rousey though. She decimated the division up to that point and nobody could live with her. What's happened though is the sport has evolved and pulled in an even higher calibre of athletes and Rousey couldn't live with it.

If she'd battered one lassie and was then getting shopped all over the place as the best fighter ever I think chat about not believing the hype would be accurate. Her record in Strikeforce and UFC shouldn't be in question. It's whether people were able to look at the fight/fighters objectively for this one and not be swept up by what Rousey had done before.

Going into a fight with twelve wins isn't to be sniffed at. She's very good, but blatantly on last night's showing, not good enough for where the sport is going and will need to become a master of multiple disciplines now in order to get back to the top and stay there. It won't be good enough to just get "no bad" at other aspects of her game during camps.

Or, just chuck it and head to Hollywood for some easy dollar.

Would be good if she could do what Lesnar did and come back from a defeat against the person who inflicted it. We'll see though.

Said it before the fight and if you were not sucked in by the hype it was obvious...so I guess I did know better all along .

You might not have liked the comments but they were spot on so take a breath, lose the anger and simply realise that she was all hype.

I'm not angry. I thought it was shocking and funny in equal measures. Really looking forward to seeing what happens next. I do like Ronda (she comes across as a good person when I've heard her talking at length on podcasts) but her arrogance and lack of sportsmanship was pretty poor. She deserved what she got.

I just don't believe you. It's easy to come on here crowing about how you never really believe the hype and you knew better all along than nearly all of the sports experts, fans and competitors after she's just had her clock cleaned. If you'd posted the same thing on here before the fight, I'd probably have disagreed but at least I'd believe that you know your stuff. This just seems to smack of after timing which is never impressive.

I don't think it was hype with Rousey though. She decimated the division up to that point and nobody could live with her. What's happened though is the sport has evolved and pulled in an even higher calibre of athletes and Rousey couldn't live with it.

If she'd battered one lassie and was then getting shopped all over the place as the best fighter ever I think chat about not believing the hype would be accurate. Her record in Strikeforce and UFC shouldn't be in question. It's whether people were able to look at the fight/fighters objectively for this one and not be swept up by what Rousey had done before.

Going into a fight with twelve wins isn't to be sniffed at. She's very good, but blatantly on last night's showing, not good enough for where the sport is going and will need to become a master of multiple disciplines now in order to get back to the top and stay there. It won't be good enough to just get "no bad" at other aspects of her game during camps.

Or, just chuck it and head to Hollywood for some easy dollar.

Would be good if she could do what Lesnar did and come back from a defeat against the person who inflicted it. We'll see though.

She could just constantly try and take HH down and use her BJJ and Judo skills. It would be hard for HH if the fight was mostly on the deck.

Trying to out-box a former world boxing champ was mental and really poor judgement. As everyone else seems to be saying, a classic case of believing your own hype.

That Lesnar v Mir 2 knockout though......

Damn, that was brutal.

A few people seem to be going on about RR retiring now. It's pretty clear from that UFC that she's not the one who should be retiring.

Bigfoot Silva needs to retire before he gets some lasting brain damage. Mark Hunt should be not too far behind him. I guess with all of the money starting to grown within the sport they'll want to try and get as much as possible before they leave but these older guys have been to war a whole lot of times. Bigfoot Silva has been knocked out by anyone decent he's faced over the last couple of years. The state of the boy's face is unreal. Who knows what that'll do to his brain.

As for Akbarrh Arreolah......

That was one of the worst beatings of the year. He's a never has been and just got beaten up horribly by a 21yr old. It's sad that some of the older guys will have to leave just when they money was starting to improve but if they want to avoid spending the rest of their lives drooling they probably should.

A few people seem to be going on about RR retiring now. It's pretty clear from that UFC that she's not the one who should be retiring.

Bigfoot Silva needs to retire before he gets some lasting brain damage. Mark Hunt should be not too far behind him. I guess with all of the money starting to grown within the sport they'll want to try and get as much as possible before they leave but these older guys have been to war a whole lot of times. Bigfoot Silva has been knocked out by anyone decent he's faced over the last couple of years. The state of the boy's face is unreal. Who knows what that'll do to his brain.

As for Akbarrh Arreolah......

That was one of the worst beatings of the year. He's a never has been and just got beaten up horribly by a 21yr old. It's sad that some of the older guys will have to leave just when they money was starting to improve but if they want to avoid spending the rest of their lives drooling they probably should.

I dont think she needs to retire i think she will walkaway probably after the rematch win or lose.Thinking back to the fight i think Ronda has made Holm look a far better mma fighter than she actually is as previous fights she has shown nothing to suggest she is that great.One thing for sure dont expect many great title fights for as long as Holm has the belt.Looking forward to Joanna J?drzeczyk v Claudia Gadelha as i think that is the womens division were all the best fights will come from.

I dont think she needs to retire i think she will walkaway probably after the rematch win or lose.Thinking back to the fight i think Ronda has made Holm look a far better mma fighter than she actually is as previous fights she has shown nothing to suggest she is that great.One thing for sure dont expect many great title fights for as long as Holm has the belt.Looking forward to Joanna J?drzeczyk v Claudia Gadelha as i think that is the womens division were all the best fights will come from.

Miesha Tate should shut her trap. Pretty sad sticking the boot into someone who beat you with ease twice already.

I'd imagine she'll get a shot at HH early next year and UFC 200 next July will involve the winner of that facing RR. 

Thinking back to the fight i think Ronda has made Holm look a far better mma fighter than she actually is as previous fights she has shown nothing to suggest she is that great.One thing for sure dont expect many great title fights for as long as Holm has the belt.

Greg Jackson and Mike Winklejohn said Holly has been holding back thus far.

Even if you don't believe them (not sure why they'd lie) you've completely ignored the very strong likelihood she's started to improve massively. She's still new to this. Surely that's allowed? Can't write off her current status based on the past?

If you don't think some of her movement, punches, elbows oblique kicks and that head kick were "that great", I'm not sure what you're looking for either?

She even took Ronda down FFS. Ronda also failed in that arm bar attempt.

Prediction for Aldo McGregor?

Greg Jackson and Mike Winklejohn said Holly has been holding back thus far.

Even if you don't believe them (not sure why they'd lie) you've completely ignored the very strong likelihood she's started to improve massively. She's still new to this. Surely that's allowed? Can't write off her current status based on the past?

If you don't think some of her movement, punches, elbows oblique kicks and that head kick were "that great", I'm not sure what you're looking for either?

She even took Ronda down FFS. Ronda also failed in that arm bar attempt.

Prediction for Aldo McGregor?

I thought she looked miles better than what i have seen her before and thats what i was saying.Previous bouts she has been tentative and over cautious.She is quite a negative fighter to watch though usually which is all i meant when i wouldnt go expected great fights to watch her in it will be more cat and mouse with her countering.Ronda made the fight exciting with her stupid gung ho approach and Holm picked her off with ease.

Aldo to beat Connor for me although i am probably in the minority with that prediction.

Had you been impressed when you watched any of Holms previous fights ?

After watching the Ronda fight though the match up looked taylor made for Holm.I also dont see how a rematch would be much different.

Edited by vegas-voss

I thought she looked miles better than what i have seen her before and thats what i was saying.Previous bouts she has been tentative and over cautious.She is quite a negative fighter to watch though usually which is all i meant when i wouldnt go expected great fights to watch her in it will be more cat and mouse with her countering.Ronda made the fight exciting with her stupid gung ho approach and Holm picked her off with ease.

Aldo to beat Connor for me although i am probably in the minority with that prediction.

Had you been impressed when you watched any of Holms previous fights ?

After watching the Ronda fight though the match up looked taylor made for Holm.I also dont see how a rematch would be much different.

Impressed? No particularly to be honest. I think I just misunderstood the point you were making. I agree a rematch could very well go the same way.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Conor out performed but still have that KO power at some point.

Impressed? No particularly to be honest. I think I just misunderstood the point you were making. I agree a rematch could very well go the same way.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Conor out performed but still have that KO power at some point.

I think his biggest problem will be he cant help but showboat and leave himself exposed.He is great entertainment but he leaves his chin out there to be hit(he can take a hit though)and is quite easy to take down.His strategy his last few fights seems to be i will take a few hits to get mine off and i think he will be punished against Aldo with that approach.In saying all that you just dont know how much McGregor has got into Aldo's head so although i favour Jose i wouldnt be shocked if Connor won.Size might be another game changer as McGregor is the bigger man.As i said previously though its the Weidman match i am looking forward to the most i cant call that one.

And then the one i am really looking forward to Lawler v Condit probably my two favourite fighters to watch.

If it's anything like Lawler v McDonald then it'll be some bout.

Both of their fights are always great.Those flying knees of Condits are great to watch and Lawler the punishment that guy can take and give out is unreal.I ththink if Condit plays it smart he will win on points but Robbie seems to be able to draw fighters into the fight he wants and if he does that then Robbie will probably walk away again with the title.Technically i dont think their is a better striker in the UFC than Condit and because of this Robbie might even take it to the ground. Edited by vegas-voss

I'm not angry. I thought it was shocking and funny in equal measures. Really looking forward to seeing what happens next. I do like Ronda (she comes across as a good person when I've heard her talking at length on podcasts) but her arrogance and lack of sportsmanship was pretty poor. She deserved what she got.

I just don't believe you. It's easy to come on here crowing about how you never really believe the hype and you knew better all along than nearly all of the sports experts, fans and competitors after she's just had her clock cleaned. If you'd posted the same thing on here before the fight, I'd probably have disagreed but at least I'd believe that you know your stuff. This just seems to smack of after timing which is never impressive.

Sorry but I did it prior to the fight so just accept it.  You might not want to believe it but it's true

Now did I get lucky going against the crowd ? well perhaps but I did it in advance and put my head on the line in doing so.

I did not watch the fight for reasons posted in that she should never have been a headline act and was simply a hyped up female fighter who was being promoted in part due to her looks.

I understand that when you have a passion for a sport it can hurt when someone comes on and raises questions but as we can see it was right to raise them. 

Dana's smug face whenever he talked about her simply collapsed as his dreams of bigger and bigger paydays with her faded into the distance.

I hope now we can get back to the real fights which all fans of UFC can enjoy not the sideshow of Rousey.

I don think Lawler and MacDonald should ever face that much punishment again. They'll have issues when they're older otherwise. :lol:

Sorry but I did it prior to the fight so just accept it.  You might not want to believe it but it's true

Now did I get lucky going against the crowd ? well perhaps but I did it in advance and put my head on the line in doing so.

I did not watch the fight for reasons posted in that she should never have been a headline act and was simply a hyped up female fighter who was being promoted in part due to her looks.

I understand that when you have a passion for a sport it can hurt when someone comes on and raises questions but as we can see it was right to raise them. 

Dana's smug face whenever he talked about her simply collapsed as his dreams of bigger and bigger paydays with her faded into the distance.

I hope now we can get back to the real fights which all fans of UFC can enjoy not the sideshow of Rousey.

Good for you champ.

I don't believe you but that's just my opinion. Was it on this thread? Must have missed that.

Agree with you re Dana White though. His face was hilarious. Looked absolutely heartbroken. :laugh:

I don think Lawler and MacDonald should ever face that much punishment again. They'll have issues when they're older otherwise. :lol:

Best fight of 2015 i think.

I honestly thought Rory was taking it at one point.

Best fight of 2015 i think.

I honestly thought Rory was taking it at one point.

he was winning on judges cards i loved that fight robbie came back like a boss though

he was winning on judges cards i loved that fight robbie came back like a boss though

He is hard as nails. Did you catch the nick of his lip after the fight?

He is hard as nails. Did you catch the nick of his lip after the fight?

that was crazy but it healed really well i still cant believe a point fighter KOd Honda

I think she was a tad unlucky  , she was trying to get to her feet and when she turned she got a kick to the neck... one of these things   , the game plan was strange with her not going to ground.

I think she was a tad unlucky  , she was trying to get to her feet and when she turned she got a kick to the neck... one of these things   , the game plan was strange with her not going to ground.

Pretty sure she'll take her down next time. She'd be mad to stand and trade with her again.

lol rogan done a podcast on the way back from australia on the plane with dana quite funny lol

cliffs

1st class is a good life

cyborg should cut off her tackle to make weight

dana snores 

many ufc records broken

rematch prob at ufc 200

Pretty sure she'll take her down next time. She'd be mad to stand and trade with her again.

Holm beats her in every other department.Better striking,better mentality,bigger and stronger.She already has great takedown defence so 6 months of solid ground work just in case she does get taken down and i then i cant see anyway Holms will get beat.Sounds like i have Holms as unbeatable in the division now but i dont i think other fighters will give her a far harder time than Ronda will most probably fighters Ronda would see off easy its just i dont think Ronda's style of fighting can beat Holms.

cant wait for this weekend plenty boxing on too hope uk can somehow get live tv coverage of bellator on fridays and then it really will be epic 

So it's Canelo v Golavkin then.

Cotto looked like his best days were long gone tbh.

Expect a few more half-hearted nothing fights for the money and then retirement. Hard to see him amounting to much of a challenge again.

Canelo was pretty good though. Not sure how he'll get on against GGG though. 

Expect a few more half-hearted nothing fights for the money and then retirement. Hard to see him amounting to much of a challenge again.

stayed up til three but needed some sleep so missed ufc and vargas and cotto fights not too worried sometimes u just got to sleep :D its hard to watch every event especially after a days graft on the saturday staying up to 6am on the sunday is pretty hardcore although ive done it almost every week for years 

I'd actually fancy Canelo v GGG, over the last couple of fights for each I'd have Canelo as having the better movement in the ring, if he can resist the temptation of always looking for KO punches (like he was trying at times against cotto) and box around GGG then he'll win it on points. If Cenelo goes looking for a scrap then it's advantage GGG,

all of mcgregors insults to aldo in one vid :D

I just find him annoying.I also think Dana is very disrespectful to Aldo as its him setting it up to happen all the time.Connor is just hyping the fight but Dana is a prick.

I just find him annoying.I also think Dana is very disrespectful to Aldo as its him setting it up to happen all the time.Connor is just hyping the fight but Dana is a prick.

about aldo i wouldnt be so confident he turns up i tink hes gone runnin the opponent is only an illusion its you v you its about the movement all movement all i see is stiff bodies and weak minds in the 145 and 155 division as far as im concerned all the other fighters should be on notice for a call from uncle dana lorenzo and frank to change their meaningless lifes and when they take the big money fight they can have red panty night with the missus and let it be known the GOAT made ur bum life rich :D 

:rofl:

I think he's gotten to Aldo.

He's going to look like a major clown if he does Hibs it.

as u have seen from this thread iv been wrong before but i think conor will stop him also fury v klit on sat i actually think tyson has a chance but doubt he will win on the scorecards he will have to highlight reel him to take the belt in germany imo

as u have seen from this thread iv been wrong before but i think conor will stop him also fury v klit on sat i actually think tyson has a chance but doubt he will win on the scorecards he will have to highlight reel him to take the belt in germany imo

If Conor does win i hope he doesnt go straight up to 155 as there are some great matches to be had if he doesnt as it opens the division right up.Would love to see him fight Holloway again as he is a far better fighter now than when Conor beat him.Be interested to see how the Holloway v Oliviera fight goes at 194 as either would make for a good fight against Conor also Lamas v Conor would be good to watch imo and then there is Edgar or a Mendes rematch of course.A lot of good up coming fights in the 145 division if Conor wins and stays.If Aldo wins there really is nothing left for him though and it would be time to move up or just quit as he will have done it all. Edited by vegas-voss

If Conor does win i hope he doesnt go straight up to 155 as there are some great matches to be had if he doesnt as it opens the division right up.Would love to see him fight Holloway again as he is a far better fighter now than when Conor beat him.Be interested to see how the Holloway v Oliviera fight goes at 194 as either would make for a good fight against Conor also Lamas v Conor would be good to watch imo and then there is Edgar or a Mendes rematch of course.A lot of good up coming fights in the 145 division if Conor wins and stays.If Aldo wins there really is nothing left for him though and it would be time to move up or just quit as he will have done it all.

holloway oliviera will be amazing dont know who will win will be good striking contest i duno if conor will move up or what but cerrone would be a good fight

Holloway isn't fighting Oliviera at 194, he's fighting jeremy stephens.

My mistake they already fought out an anti climax with Oliviera sustaining an injury.I think Holloway will be too fast and too elusive for Stepehens.If Stephens is to win that it will need to be quick though as he seems to gas quite early but he can bang though so should be another exciting match up.

I think Cerrone would beat Conor as he would just hold all the advantage both strikers but Cerrone has a far better ground game and a bigger reach advantage.I really think Connor or Aldo would struggle at 155 against the elite and speaking of elite 155 this is a bit of a blow to MMA

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/10/ufcs-khabib-nurmagomedov-after-latest-injury-im-not-sure-if-i-will-ever-come-back

Edited by vegas-voss

My mistake they already fought out an anti climax with Oliviera sustaining an injury.I think Holloway will be too fast and too elusive for Stepehens.If Stephens is to win that it will need to be quick though as he seems to gas quite early but he can bang though so should be another exciting match up.

I think Cerrone would beat Conor as he would just hold all the advantage both strikers but Cerrone has a far better ground game and a bigger reach advantage.I really think Connor or Aldo would struggle at 155 against the elite and speaking of elite 155 this is a bit of a blow to MMA

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/10/ufcs-khabib-nurmagomedov-after-latest-injury-im-not-sure-if-i-will-ever-come-back

Yeah man, Holloway is looking class these days so should win comfortably.

I also agree that mcgregor would get found out at lightweight. The division is stacked with killers.