Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Gavsy Van Gaverson

:rofl:

Wasn't expecting that. Poor old Jose. After all of the victories and prep, he's reduced to 15 seconds. Conor did say that he would embarrass him. He was spot on.

So, what next? Aldo v Conor and Holm v Rousey at UFC 200? McGregor to fight Edgar just to tie up all of the loose ends at Featherweight? Conor to move up a weight and start pushing the lightweights?

He's obviously got to fight Aldo again IMO. Aldo has 100% earned it. It'll also set Aldo up for life when he retires.

If a fight is close you could make a case for a rematch. It was a demolition job.

Edgar v McGregor next.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If a fight is close you could make a case for a rematch. It was a demolition job.

Edgar v McGregor next.

I'd say Weidman v Rockhold was a demolition job.

Aldo just made a stupid mistake and never got a chance to get into the fight.

He deserves another shot I think.

Looks like it might not happen anyway. Bloody Elbow suggesting that Conor will not cut to 145 ever again as it takes too much out of him and he might get first shot at the winner of Cowboy v RDA.

Holy ****

Aldo was beat before he entered the ring.I take all the doubt back Conor is the real deal but the fight was won before it started.

No doubt about it Conor is a superstar.He dismantle Aldo from the moment the fight was first made.Aldo was a mental mess entering that ring and i dont think a rematch is wise other than a payday for Aldo is the mind games will be ramped up even more.

The guy is unreal i just watched Conor take the post fight press conference himself.All the other fighters left the stage and Conor just held audience no Dana or anybody else there.

Boxing is an art.

Ufc is a street fight.

Always will be like that. When you get boxing matches like yesterday it is a joy to watch.

Generic Username

Aye you're always seeing boys fighting in the street pulling out the gold medal level jujitsu...

Last nights main card (and the prelims) showcased pretty much every facet of mixed martial arts.

Edited by audioslave

Boxing is an art.

Ufc is a street fight.

Always will be like that. When you get boxing matches like yesterday it is a joy to watch.

Too few and far between though now great boxing bouts.I do agree though a classic boxing bout is great to watch and stiking match is never high level in mma no matter what Joe Rogan tells you but it has that unpridictability that boxing does not.

I prefer mma now but i am probbaly biased as i did martial arts from a kid into my teens.

Aye you're always seeing boys fighting in the street pulling out the gold medal level jujitsu...

Last nights main card (and the prelims) showcased pretty much every facet of mixed martial arts.

First time for ages i actually watched the prelims as well was really impressed with Santos in the Lee fight crazy he was a 4/1 underdog.And Damian Maia put on a masterclass. Edited by vegas-voss

It's hard to deny Frankie a shot now?

How about Conor v winner of Cowboy & Dos Anjos at 155.

Same card, Aldo v Frankie.

Conor comes back down to fight the winner.

It's hard to deny Frankie a shot now?

How about Conor v winner of Cowboy & Dos Anjos at 155.

Same card, Aldo v Frankie.

Conor comes back down to fight the winner.

Nah Frankie v Holloway on the undercard to Conor v the winner of the Cowboy fight at Croke park with Conor to fight the winner of the Edgar fight whatever happens. Win win and mega bucks for the UFC imo

I do think Edgar deserves his shot at Conor though but the big promotion now is surely Conor going for two belts at Croke Park.

Edited by vegas-voss

Might be wrong, but I'm sure Conor mentioned recently he is contracted to the MGM for x amount of fights and didn't see himself fighting in Ireland anytime soon.

Perhaps a way around that though.

Yeh, watching aldo entering the cage and waiting,he looked like a kid waiting outside the headmasters office,was unreal how nervous he looked for a champion

Might be wrong, but I'm sure Conor mentioned recently he is contracted to the MGM for x amount of fights and didn't see himself fighting in Ireland anytime soon.

Perhaps a way around that though.

He said in the press conference that it was up to the UFC but then said maybe after tonight i might get to decide more and we shall see after the year.The guy is box office just now though he could most probably sell out Croke Park and break all gate receipt records.Other than that he has to have lept to the front of the queue to headline the new Arena in Vegas for UFC 200.

Doubt Edgar would last as long as Chad Mendes but longer than Aldo. I probably wouldn't give him much of a chance.

based on what? Whilst I don't think Edgar would win easily, I do think he is the hardest match up for Connor. He held the belt at lightweight for long enough and cuts to the weight easier than Connor. His movement and boxing are right up there with the best in the division and his wrestling pedigree is better than mendes'.

Iv never watched UFC before today .I was looking for it on Kodi and watched a programme about McGregor then watched the aldo fight.

Kin ell !   Hes a machine.

jack D and coke

Who do folks think is next for Joshua? A mate of mine is convinced David Haye will beat Anthony Joshua fairly easily but I'm not sure where he's getting that from. Who has Haye ever really beaten in the heavyweight division?

Who do folks think is next for Joshua? A mate of mine is convinced David Haye will beat Anthony Joshua fairly easily but I'm not sure where he's getting that from. Who has Haye ever really beaten in the heavyweight division?

valuev or whatever his name is. now i know that hes not the most technically gifted. but anyone that size is going to be tough to beat, and haye done that.

jack D and coke

valuev or whatever his name is. now i know that hes not the most technically gifted. but anyone that size is going to be tough to beat, and haye done that.

I watched that fight and tbh I've seen his fights with Klitscko, Chisora and Fraudley and Haye has never impressed me. Valuev is an absolute donkey that got where he was due to his sheer size. Haye was one of the slightly better ones in a horrendous bunch of heavyweights for me.

I just can't see him beating Joshua tbh.

David Haye is 35 now and hasnt fought for 3 and half years. He has had some serious injuries as well.

Haye was an excellent cruiser weight boxer and did well as a heavyweight but he is well past his best and couldnt defeat Klichtko.

Joshua would tear Hayes arsehole sideways.

Dont think there was any need for the UFC to release the post fight footage from Aldo's dressing room.

Can't think why on earth they chose to do that.

Pretty heartbreaking to see. As soon as he hit the deck, instead of feeling happy for the winner, I just felt totally gutted for Aldo. He's a born winner, a legend of the sport and immensely proud. Can't even begin to imagine the way he's feeling right now. Same when Chad Mendes got lit up so quickly. Felt gutted for the boy.

I reckon chisora would be a decent bet. He's a guy he should beat but he's taken some decent fighters the distance.

For me the onus should be on David Haye to prove he's still good enough. No coincidence he's only announced his comeback now that it looks like Wladimir Klitschko's days are numbered

AlphonseCapone

Can't think why on earth they chose to do that.

Pretty heartbreaking to see. As soon as he hit the deck, instead of feeling happy for the winner, I just felt totally gutted for Aldo. He's a born winner, a legend of the support and immensely proud. Can't even begin to imagine the way he's feeling right now. Same when Chad Mendes got lit up so quickly. Felt gutted for the boy.

Who knows but I imagine the fighters know, win or lose it might be released. It's not like if it was a player crying his eyes out losing the WC final they'd pan away.

It's gutting for him but at the end of the day it's a competitive sport and he was easily beaten. It's all about Conor now.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I reckon chisora would be a decent bet. He's a guy he should beat but he's taken some decent fighters the distance.

For me the onus should be on David Haye to prove he's still good enough. No coincidence he's only announced his comeback now that it looks like Wladimir Klitschko's days are numbered

To be fair to Haye he is fighting a higher ranked fighter on his return than anyone AJ has beaten to date. If he wins he'll have proven that he is still a contender.

I wouldn't fancy Haye at the moment given he hasn't fought for 3.5 years and if his speed has gone then he we will be in big trouble against any big hitting heavyweight as his speed was his main defence.

But if he hasn't regressed then he would cause Joshua big problems at the moment. The Haye of 3.5 years ago wouldn't be going life and death with domestic operators like Dillan Whyte.

jack D and coke

To be fair to Haye he is fighting a higher ranked fighter on his return than anyone AJ has beaten to date. If he wins he'll have proven that he is still a contender.

Who's he fighting?

AlphonseCapone

Anyone been reading about the rumours of a big rift between Conor and the Fertitta brothers?

All stems from a video where you can see "Uncle Frank" slam the belt at the KO. Can find it if you Google I'm sure. It's pretty difficult to tell anything I think but interesting to see if anything comes out.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Anyone been reading about the rumours of a big rift between Conor and the Fertitta brothers?

All stems from a video where you can see "Uncle Frank" slam the belt at the KO. Can find it if you Google I'm sure. It's pretty difficult to tell anything I think but interesting to see if anything comes out.

A few articles I read suggest the brothers had a fairly large wager on the fight which Frank lost.

However, Conor supposedly blanked one of them at the weigh in so their could be more to it.

Edited by Gavsy Van Gaverson

AlphonseCapone

A few articles I read suggest the brothers had a fairly large wager on the fight which Frank lost.

However, Conor supposedly blanked one of them at the weigh in so their could be more to it.

Had read that as well actually.

Apparently just before the lights go out for Aldo entering Conor bows his head at both them and they bow back so suggests the bet thing could be it.

Dana missing post fight press gig was strange admittedly.

Whats this about Jon Jones in talks to sign with TMT. Is Mayweather going to set up a rival to UFC?

I think quite a few might be ready to jump ship if so as the Reebok deal has upset a lot of fighters.

Had read that as well actually.

Apparently just before the lights go out for Aldo entering Conor bows his head at both them and they bow back so suggests the bet thing could be it.

Dana missing post fight press gig was strange admittedly.

Looks like it could all be down to money

http://www.punditarena.com/mmaufc/sraftery/video-ufc-owner-strangely-slams-down-title-belt-as-conor-mcgregor-kos-jose-aldo/

Reading about the Conor stuff now seeminly he is looking to renegotiate his contract and wants $20m a fight. They really gave the guy to much power if true and its coming back to bite them.

AlphonseCapone

Reading about the Conor stuff now seeminly he is looking to renegotiate his contract and wants $20m a fight. They really gave the guy to much power if true and its coming back to bite them.

Obviously none of us really know the details but the UFC are notorious (excuse the pun ha) for being quite brutal with money to fighters. They have a guy in Conor though who won't accept it. I wouldn't be surprised if their real fear isn't in giving McGregor what he wants but actually how it might embolden the other fighters to stand up a bit and ask for their fair share.

Joe Rogan calling Aldo a drug cheat

https://youtu.be/X4ZtiC3izkk

He quite clearly deliberately doesn't call him a drug cheat.

He did talk about some incidents that suggest that might have been the case but he doesn't accuse him of anything.

He was obviously being careful with what he was saying so that he can deny calling him a drug cheat.

He quite clearly deliberately doesn't call him a drug cheat.

He did talk about some incidents that suggest that might have been the case but he doesn't accuse him of anything.

He was obviously being careful with what he was saying so that he can deny calling him a drug cheat.

Aye i meant to type implies