Boxing and UFC

Masonic

I think Haye looked pretty good and there is no way Joshua will be going anywhere near him anytime soon.

Haye is a very dangerous fighter and if he is anywhere near his best with an extra stone behind his shots,  then he will be a threat to anyone in the heavyweight division

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Matt Mitrones eye after last night... I didnt see the fight but apparently there were a few eye pokes. Surely a DQ? Look at the state of it! 

Matt-Mitrione5.jpg

williejamiesonlesftfoot

Matt Mitrones eye after last night... I didnt see the fight but apparently there were a few eye pokes. Surely a DQ? Look at the state of it!

Matt-Mitrione5.jpg

Cut me Mickey.

it was a punch that caused the swelling on mitriones eye. they showed a replay after the fight. After the second eye poke he just kept on fighting then after about 20secs  told the ref he was seeing double , the guy has guts just wants a war

I think Haye looked pretty good and there is no way Joshua will be going anywhere near him anytime soon.

Haye is a very dangerous fighter and if he is anywhere near his best with an extra stone behind his shots, then he will be a threat to anyone in the heavyweight division

It'll be interesting to see who they put Haye up against next.

He looks in good condition but it's hard to tell in 2 min against a fighter who is no doubt brave but clearly not on the same level.

The Polish guy that Wilder was fighting would be a good opponent.

haye looked good with the extra stone weight not sure hes full natty though

Don't think many top boxers are tbh, especially some of the heavyweights

he was rockin a dad bod about 2 months ago lol

Lol. The fact he could gain as much weight and be as lean had me seriously wondering. Regardless I like him and glad to see him back. Looked inpressive too, still quick at a heavier weight too.

He has got under the skin of another one aint he.Totally brilliant syching Dos Santos out but in a completely different way to what he done to with Aldo but on surface anyway its having the exact same effect.

Who watched Pettis v Alvarez?

I'm getting quite sick of fights where shitey takedowns that do nothing but run down the clock seem to score more heavily than actual heavy punches and kicks. 

Makes no sense to me. Alvarez looked pretty beaten up at the end of the fight but he hugged and tickled Pettis against the cage for about half the fight and he got the decision.

He had 6 takedowns but none of them seemed to yield any significant damage.

I'm not 100% saying that it was the wrong decision, I just didn't agree with it.

I'm getting quite sick of fights where shitey takedowns that do nothing but run down the clock seem to score more heavily than actual heavy punches and kicks.

Makes no sense to me. Alvarez looked pretty beaten up at the end of the fight but he hugged and tickled Pettis against the cage for about half the fight and he got the decision.

I'm not 100% saying that it was the wrong decision, I just didn't agree with it.

Its all folk do against Petis now and just makes for a boring fight.

Generic Username

He has got under the skin of another one aint he.Totally brilliant syching Dos Santos out but in a completely different way to what he done to with Aldo but on surface anyway its having the exact same effect.

I think for the most part Dos Santos kept his cool but McGregor is relentless and by the end you could see he was starting to grate on him. Really interested to see how McGregor looks going into the fight without such a savage weight cut to deal with. If Dos Santos tries to stand with him he'll get messed up, if he follows Mendes's approach and gets him to the ground, I think he's got more about him than Mendes to finish it.

Looking forward to 2 months of shit talking though!

I think for the most part Dos Santos kept his cool but McGregor is relentless and by the end you could see he was starting to grate on him. Really interested to see how McGregor looks going into the fight without such a savage weight cut to deal with. If Dos Santos tries to stand with him he'll get messed up, if he follows Mendes's approach and gets him to the ground, I think he's got more about him than Mendes to finish it.

Looking forward to 2 months of shit talking though!

Dos santos is a pressure fighter i think he will go for the takedowns or to push him into the cage straight away. Thats if he fights his own fight and doesnt do what Conor tells him to like Aldo did.

Generic Username

Dos santos is a pressure fighter i think he will go for the takedowns or to push him into the cage straight away. Thats if he fights his own fight and doesnt do what Conor tells him to like Aldo did.

Yeah I don't think he'll let McGregor take the centre of the octagon from the off. I'd be intrigued to see a McGregor fight where he's up against it for a couple of rounds or is taking a pounding. For all the time Mendes had him down, he wasn't doing "real" damage with the elbows he threw. It was like chopping at a tree with a butter knife. I'm not sure it'll be a Lawler/McDonald style brawl though, as incredible as that could be to watch.

Not the same buzz for me as the Aldo fight but it's still fascinating to see how it plays out. The rest of the card for 197 looks good so far as well. Holm will get a bit of a harder time off Tate, she won't have to worry about someone stomping around the ring after her.

Generic Username

Has McGregor ever won a fight by submission? Is he any good on the ground?

Not in the UFC if memory serves me right. One of his pre-UFC losses was to Joe Duffy via submission. He's not really geared towards defence of a takedown but he's shown before he's able to roll with the game on the ground and get back to his feet. Very different fighting an all rounder to fighting guys like Mendes/Dos Santos who have a wrestling background. He trains with Gunnar Nelson who's excellent on the ground but as his last fight showed, nowhere near "elite" level jiu-jitsu. It's another classic example of "styles make fights"

Not in the UFC if memory serves me right. One of his pre-UFC losses was to Joe Duffy via submission. He's not really geared towards defence of a takedown but he's shown before he's able to roll with the game on the ground and get back to his feet. Very different fighting an all rounder to fighting guys like Mendes/Dos Santos who have a wrestling background. He trains with Gunnar Nelson who's excellent on the ground but as his last fight showed, nowhere near "elite" level jiu-jitsu. It's another classic example of "styles make fights"

hes a gracie black belt bro but maia is one of the best of all time 

takedowns are scored as just less than a knockdown which i agree is pretty unfair unless its a wwe esk like suplex similar to what khabib does as for its not as entertaining standing having a war which i agree with btw dana would say u dummys need to be watching kickboxing then if thats what your into

Conor is kidding himself on if he thinks he can take the 170 belt.

Surely a step too far in weight categories?!

Edited by Sten Guns

Conor is kidding himself on if he thinks he can take the 170 belt.

Surely a step too far in weight categories?!

he looks like skeleton when hes at 145 his natural weight is 155 so is natural walking weight is about 160 when no prepping for a featherweight bout so hed only really need to put on 10 lbs

he looks like skeleton when hes at 145 his natural weight is 155 so is natural walking weight is about 160 when no prepping for a featherweight bout so hed only really need to put on 10 lbs

He wouldnt have the power at 170 though

We all know Conor could physically weigh 170 pounds. But he needs to gain weight to do so.

He'd be fighting guys who cut weight to make 170 and thirty hours after weigh in are rehydrated and re-fed back up to 185 or so. Guys who probably walk about off season at 190+ easy.

He just wouldn't have the power at that level, as said above.

Edited by Sten Guns

wtf lol i never said hes gna be up there knockin out lawler even though he prob wont b champ in 6 months i thought u guys were asking if he could make the weight not getting into hypotheticals about who would win

Edited by Masonic

shame that cain v werdum rematch is off hard luck for miocic also with werdum pulling out after he was told he was the replacement but i suppose it would look pretty random if a guy with a full time job was the champ dont know if ufc would like it

Heavyweights seem to get injured and pull out of fights about half the time so it's not all that surprising. Disappointing though. At least we don't have to pay $50 for a half card and it's free on foxtel.

Heavyweights seem to get injured and pull out of fights about half the time so it's not all that surprising. Disappointing though. At least we don't have to pay $50 for a half card and it's free on foxtel.

its the AKA gym they train like its still the 1960s wars everyday instead of sparring plus cain is so injury prone its unreal good for usa guys thats u dont need to pay in uk we get for free anyways on cable

its the AKA gym they train like its still the 1960s wars everyday instead of sparring plus cain is so injury prone its unreal good for usa guys thats u dont need to pay in uk we get for free anyways on cable

Are the big PPV events free in the UK?

Generic Username

Are the big PPV events free in the UK?

All on BT Sport, so not really free but come as part of that particular package.

All on BT Sport, so not really free but come as part of that particular package.

Pretty decent.

We get the fight night and UFC on fox events free but the big UFC events are 50$ Australian.

Pretty decent.

We get the fight night and UFC on fox events free but the big UFC events are 50$ Australian.

only the ones in europe which are on before 10pm are not live but we get them a couple hours later on pick tv everything else is on bt

Pretty decent.

If BT are your ISP then you can pay ?5 a month for BTSport. This includes watching it on mobile apps. Well worth it imo. 

George groves is fighting on sky one tonight as well, don't know if it will be much of a fight though

you have to put 50 on to win 1 back disgrace puting fights like this on all u need to do is look at the boys boxrec record

Ryan Bader's takedown attempt :facepalm:

One of the worst ideas in MMA history. What in the name of **** was he thinking about?

Super Sage getting tapped out as well. Dana will be gutted.

Generic Username

Ryan Bader's takedown attempt :facepalm:

One of the worst ideas in MMA history. What in the name of **** was he thinking about?

Super Sage getting tapped out as well. Dana will be gutted.

Tapping in half guard after about 2 seconds...dull yin for Sage. Not a lot to his game apart from the initial flurry he starts fights with it seems. Back to the drawing board for him.

No idea why Faber shot for a take-down right off the bat, especially as half arsed as that.

Hype machine Sage being shown up for what he is very raw with no ground game.

And Rumble man the power that guy has is unreal. Bader was out from just a couple of ground punches.

big money came in on barbarena last night backed in from 4/1 to under 3/1 i created thread about it before fight on sherdog at least now hes lost in the ufc that dana wont try to protect him too much 

To be fair to Sage, he was beating the shit out of the other guy. He just had no answer when a guy who was bigger and stronger than what he's faced before, put him on his back.

Much work to do but still huge potential. Nowhere near the beating that PVZ took from Thug Rose.

To be fair to Sage, he was beating the shit out of the other guy. He just had no answer when a guy who was bigger and stronger than what he's faced before, put him on his back.

Much work to do but still huge potential. Nowhere near the beating that PVZ took from Thug Rose.

at least page left it all out there though she never quit

Thats MMA and i wouldnt say he beat the shit out the guy either, he grew into the fight after taking hits from Sage then took him out far too easy.I agree with the above post Paige at least has heart and i think she will have a big future just not got the experience just now. Sage might be good but he is a very long way off and just didnt deserve the hype and for now he is a quitter.

Thats MMA and i wouldnt say he beat the shit out the guy either, he grew into the fight after taking hits from Sage then took him out far too easy.I agree with the above post Paige at least has heart and i think she will have a big future just not got the experience just now. Sage might be good but he is a very long way off and just didnt deserve the hype and for now he is a quitter.

tapping in half guard lmao u need be the other side to even apply pressure it was a phantom tap he just bottled it quite a shame but hes only 19 still time to come good