Boxing and UFC

Masonic

145 is stronger than 155 for me.

McGregors disadvantage moving up tends to be linked to size. Not the fact it's a superior division.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

McGregors disadvantage moving up tends to be linked to size. Not the fact it's a superior division.

Aye after having a look at the rankings i would have to agree with you especially with Khabib not knowing if he will ever come back.In fact 145 looks far stronger so i really hope Conor stays there if he wins.Were both Conors MMA loses at 155 though ?

I also wonder if he would trash talk Gunnar if they had to fight sometime at 155.

Edited by vegas-voss

Gunnar is 170 and his teammate??

Haha i thought Gunnar was 155.I knew he was his teammate i just thoughtit would be strange to see Conor sell that fight

fury u can tell he is a clean fighter with the way his midsection and arms look klit looks shredded thought it was funny when buffer read out the weight as 111.5 pounds instead of kgs lmao

Aye after having a look at the rankings i would have to agree with you especially with Khabib not knowing if he will ever come back.In fact 145 looks far stronger so i really hope Conor stays there if he wins.Were both Conors MMA loses at 155 though ?

I also wonder if he would trash talk Gunnar if they had to fight sometime at 155.

looking at ufc.com conor is the same height as Dos Anjos with a bigger reach than both Dos Anjos and Cerrone (10cm smaller though).

he walks around at 170  so at 155 should be alot stronger than at 145, remember how gaunt he looked at Mendes weight in.

I think 155 is the natural weight for him and its a lesser division class wise than 145. i also think the weight cut is a lot harder than he is letting on (with IV rehydration getting banned after Weight ins? with be to much in future 

looking at ufc.com conor is the same height as Dos Anjos with a bigger reach than both Dos Anjos and Cerrone (10cm smaller though).

he walks around at 170 so at 155 should be alot stronger than at 145, remember how gaunt he looked at Mendes weight in.

I think 155 is the natural weight for him and its a lesser division class wise than 145. i also think the weight cut is a lot harder than he is letting on (with IV rehydration getting banned after Weight ins? with be to much in future

Is Aldo not the same struggles with the weight cut.

They pretty much all cut huge amounts of weight as if they didn't they'd be fighting guys who walk around 20-30lbs heavier than them. They all struggle with it although some more than others obviously.

I like Cerrone. I think he'll beat Dos Anjos and hopefully get a shot at Conor.

They pretty much all cut huge amounts of weight as if they didn't they'd be fighting guys who walk around 20-30lbs heavier than them. They all struggle with it although some more than others obviously.

kcbQ2sS.gif

I like Cerrone as well think he just comes across as a genuine guy that just enjoys life.Conor is probably a nice guy as well but the UFC is grooming him into the UFC version of Mayweather always boasting about cash and stuff.

Is Aldo not the same struggles with the weight cut.

yeah, rumour is thats the real reason he pulled out the first conor fight, as he knew he wasn't gonna make weight.

i think if aldo moved up he would weight in at 155 but maybe struggle to  put on 5/10lbs before the fight, were as i think conor and the other top 155ers would do that with ease.

I really believe if conor decided 155 is where he wants to be he would bulk up (the correct way) and match these guys for size, maybe take him 1 fight/6 months to do so 

uk has 11 boxing world champs now more than any other country amazing for the size of the population

Yes great time to be a British boxing fan. A lot of good domestic World title fights to look forward to as well starting with Quigg v Frampton, then hopefully Brook v Khan.

Edited by Rocco_Jambo

Since i have the day off work il let u guys know of some uk fighters u might not have heard of and future bouts we could see

Flyweights Kevin Satchell 14-0 ranked 25th in the world also Andrew Selby 2-0 is a decent prospect Champion of the Division is p4p king Roman Gonzalez 44-0 who is way out of both fighters leagues however a fight with Estrada 33-2, Ioka 18-1 or Ruenroeng 16-0 could be on the cards for Satchell at some point next year.

Super Flyweights Khalid Yafai 17-0 ranked 11th in the world also Paul Butler 19-1 and Jamie Conlan 15-0 is also a decent up and comer Champion of the Division is Naoya Inoue 8-0 other notable fighters Carlos Cuadras 34-0-1, Zolani Tete 21-3 and Kohei Kono 31-8-1 we could see match ups with either of these guys over the next 18 months they might not hit as hard as the heavier divisions but their punch output is unreal.

Bantamweights Jamie Mcdonnell 27-2-1 ranked 2nd in the world also Lee Haskins 32-3 and Ryan Farrag 14-1 Champion of the Division is Shinsuke Yamanaka 24-0-2 other notable fighters Shohei Omori 15-0, Tomoki Kameda 31-2 we are likely to see a unification fight pretty soon with Mcdonnell and Yamanaka also a probable rematch with Kameda is likely dont know a time period but id imagine sooner rather than later.

Super Bantamweights Carl Frampton 21-0 ranked 1st in the world also Scott Quigg 31-0-2 and Gavin Mcdonnell 14-0-2 although stripped of his titles Guillermo Rigondeaux 16-0 is by far the best fighter in that Division other notable fighters include Nonito Donaire 35-3 and Hairon Socarras 14-0-1 after the Frampton Quigg fight the winner will get wooped bad off Rigondeaux and Nonito Donaire will be the fight for the loser July 2016 sounds about right giving both guys 5 months to heal before their next fight. 

Featherweights Lee Selby 22-1 ranked 4th in the world and Josh Warrington 22-0 Champion of the Division Nicholas Walters 26-0 other notables Leo Santa Cruz 31-0-1, Robinson Castellanos 21-10 and Gary Russell Jr 26-1 we could see a mix and match of any of these guys and all would be pretty close fights imo.

Super Featherweights Stephen Smith 23-1 ranked 13th in the world and Liam Walsh 19-0 Champion of the Division Takashi Uchiyama 23-1 other notables Francisco Vargas 23-0-1, Javier Fortuna 29-0-1 and Jose Pedraza 21-0 its a long road ahead for the Uk guys in this Division cant see either guys getting near the champ any time soon.

Lightweights Terry Flanagan 29-0 ranked 1st in the world also Anthony Crolla 30-4-3, Luke Campbell 12-0, Kevin Mitchell 39-3 and Ricky Burns 39-5-1 Other Division Champion is Jorge Linares 40-3 other notables Denis Shafikov 36-1-1 and Miguel Roman 53-11 this is such a packed Division that any match ups are possible i think we all know Luke Campbell is the future world champion and id like to see him in their with a guys like Miguel or Denis it would be a big step up but i think hes got what it takes.

Super Lightweight Jack Catterall 13-0 ranked 19th in the world and John Wayne Hibbert 16-3 Champion of the Division Terence Crawford 27-0 other notables Viktor Postol 28-0, Omar Figueroa 25-0-1 and Adrien Broner 31-2 unfortunately the Uk guys have no chance of getting near the top 10.

Welterweight Kell Brook 35-0 ranked 2nd in the world and Amir Khan 31-3 Champion of the Division Floyd Mayweather Jr 49-0 although retired he will be coming out of retirement and is still the king of this weight other notables Manny Pacquiao 57-6-2, Keith Thurman 26-0 and Timothy Bradley 33-1-1 expect a mix and match for these guys over the next year or so excluding Floyd not sure who his opponent will be perhaps a Manny rematch.

Not sure if i will have space to do the remaining weights so i will do it in a seperate post!

Edited by Masonic

Super Welterweight Brian Rose 28-3-1 ranked 16th in the world Liam Smith 21-0-1 and Matthew Macklin 34-6 Champion of the Division Erislandy Lara 22-2-2 other notables Miguel Cotto 40-5, Demetrius Andrade 22-0 and Vanes Mitrosyan 36-2-1 we could see some match ups but i doubt the Uk guys can do much against such strong opponents.

Middleweight Chris Eubank Jr 20-1 ranked 8th in the world also Billy joe Saunders 22-0 and Nick Blackwell 19-3-1 Champion of the Division Canelo 46-1 other notables Gennady Golovkin 34-0 the guy who i class is the real #1 but they all duck him Peter Quillin 32-0-1 and Andy Lee 34-2-1 would like to see them all matched up but anyone who fights Golovkin good luck with that one.

Super Middleweight James Degale 22-1 ranked 2nd in the world also Callum Smith 18-0 and George Groves 21-3 Champion of the Division Arthur Abraham 44-4 other notables Anthony Dirrell 28-1-1 and Badou Jack 20-1-1 what a great division expect Degale to fight Abraham to unify in the summer.

Light Heavyweight Nathan Cleverley 29-3 ranked 14th in the world Champion of the Division Sergey Kovalev 28-0-1 other notables Adonis Stevenson 27-1 and Andre Ward 28-0 Cleverley is on his own here has no chance to get near guys at the top.

Cruiserweight Tony Bellew 25-2-1 ranked 8th in the world and Ovill Mckenzie 25-12-1 Champion of the Division Grigory Drozd 40-1 other notables Denis Lebedev 28-2 and Mairis Briedis 18-0 would like to see Ovill fight one of the top guys like Lebedev i think he could shock the world.

Heavyweight Tyson Fury 25-0 ranked 1st in the world Anthony Joshua 14-0 and Hughie Fury 17-0 Top Contenders in the Division Wlad Klitschko 64-4, Alexander Povetkin 30-1, Deontay Wilder 35-0 and Kubrat Pulev 21-1 the rematch with Fury and Klitschko will be within the next 12 months then after that i expect Anthony Joshua to win the title and unify the division as i think Deontay Wilder is a hype job and will lose soon as he fights either Brit also watch out for Hughie Fury would like to see him move up in competition and fight a tough veteran like Povetkin.

here is some of the reebok errors its getting beyond a joke now not sure if they are doing it for publicity or what

Giblert Melendez
Jacare "Ronaldo" Souza
Demian Baptista
Germaine de Randamie under men's section
Philip Brooks
Marcio "Lyoto" Machida (Marcio Alexandre Jr. screwing it up.)
All the Chinese names are backwards
Gleison Alves
Marion Reneau-Perez
Edson Barboza JUNIOR (not technically wrong but not known as jr)
Kevin Swanson
Mark Hughes
Augusto Estrada
Rogerio Nogueira (This is Little Nog/Minotouro)
Minotauro Noguera (This is Big Nog/Minotauro + notice they've missed the i out)
Norifumi Yakovlev
Pickett

Full Names:

Michel Gagnon
Thomas Lawlor
Rebecca Rawlings
Timothy "TJ" Grant
Matthew "Matt" Wiman
James "Jimy" Hettes
Masioare "Masio" Rodriguez
Robert "Rob" Whiteford

Accents seem to be missing from all fighters except Tina L?hdem?ki and Julianna Pe?a

Anderson Aldo, you say? Some sort of new hybrid fighter?
Anthony "The Mauler" Pettis
Reebok's controversial t-shirt showing a map of Ireland without the six counties comprising the country of Northern Ireland
Incorrect birthday on Lyoto Machida's t-shirt (his real birthday)
Cain Velasquez's name covers his whole face on his t-shirt
Apparently, Rafael Dos Anjos is only the Interim Lightweight Champion 
Apparently, Alexander Gustafsson is a UFC heavyweight fighter 
The CEO of Reebok called Lorenzo Fertitta, "Lorenzo Fatatta"

Watched the last press conference for UFC 194 got to say Conor just seems so calm and relaxed no fireworks or that but it was an interested conference nonetheless Rockhold i felt looked very agitated by it all despite saying he wasnt and i think the occassion might get to much for him against Weidman.Cant wait wait for these fights starting Saturday morning with Edgar v Mendes then the real show on Sunday morning.

Generic Username

Watched the last press conference for UFC 194 got to say Conor just seems so calm and relaxed no fireworks or that but it was an interested conference nonetheless Rockhold i felt looked very agitated by it all despite saying he wasnt and i think the occassion might get to much for him against Weidman.Cant wait wait for these fights starting Saturday morning with Edgar v Mendes then the real show on Sunday morning.

Came on to say the same thing about McGregor. Not the usual presser from him, he was so laid back he'd have been as well lying down on a bed doing it. Really looking forward to 194, the whole card is worth getting up at daft o'clock for.

UFC is on early Friday morning with the Vanzant fight but i cant see it listed on tv guide is it not being shown in the UK ?

Edited by vegas-voss

Came on to say the same thing about McGregor. Not the usual presser from him, he was so laid back he'd have been as well lying down on a bed doing it. Really looking forward to 194, the whole card is worth getting up at daft o'clock for.

Reckon he's pissed off / struggling with the weight cut. Understandable though. He looks huge given he's got to come in at 10st 05.

Could hear a lot of his breathing down the microphone and I'm presuming the chewing gum was something to do with combatting dehydration / hunger.

Can't wait for this card.

Edited by Sten Guns

Reckon he's pissed off / struggling with the weight cut. Understandable though. He looks huge given he's got to come in at 10st 05.

Could hear a lot of his breathing down the microphone and I'm presuming the chewing gum was something to do with combatting dehydration / hunger.

Can't wait for this card.

Aye looks like he still has a bit of weight to shift when you see how he looked at the press conference compared to how gaunt he looked at the Mendes fight weigh in.

UFC is on early Friday morning with the Vanzant fight but i cant see it listed on tv guide is it not being shown in the UK ?

that card is fight pass only.

correct.

did you hear about Saul Rogers and TUF? kind of sucks

Yeah what was his visa issue? Surely would have needed a visa to enter tuf house?

Yeah what was his visa issue? Surely would have needed a visa to enter tuf house?

he lied on the application apparently 

Fury saying MMA is for failed boxers.

hes said it about 100 times lol

AlphonseCapone

Absolutely buzzing for the UFC on Saturday.

Tomorrow should be decent as well, Artem will win easily I reckon though.

Absolutely buzzing for the UFC on Saturday.

Tomorrow should be decent as well, Artem will win easily I reckon though.

yep saturday should be good and the joshua fight aswell - top night of fighting -hopefully 

AlphonseCapone

yep saturday should be good and the joshua fight aswell - top night of fighting -hopefully

Definitely. Going to be on it from about 6 tomorrow, watch the boxing then power right through for the UFC.

Definitely. Going to be on it from about 6 tomorrow, watch the boxing then power right through for the UFC.

live from 5 pm but yep prob about 6pm before the first fight 

I'm off work today luckily so I'll be hanging around the house watching 12 gauge Paige and Sage Northcutt fights.

It may be shit living in Australia for watching UK football as the times are awful. UFC on the other hand is perfect. Most events start about 11am WA time.

Superb!

Sage Northcutt was superb. Beat Pfister without getting out of 2nd gear.

12 Gauge Paige on the other hand got seven shades of shit knocked out of her. She really does look like a case of hype over ability. She's a looker but not much of a fighter technically. Showed a whole lot of guts as she was taken down about 7 times and she survived a couple of rear naked chokes, a couple of arm-bars, a kimura and an omoplata. Lots of heart but on that showing, she'll not be a title contender.

Rose Namajunas on the other hand, I'd expect to get a shot at Joanna some time next year. She was truly outstanding. Her nickname is the "thug". Very apt.

Sage Northcutt was superb. Beat Pfister without getting out of 2nd gear.

12 Gauge Paige on the other hand got seven shades of shit knocked out of her. She really does look like a case of hype over ability. She's a looker but not much of a fighter technically. Showed a whole lot of guts as she was taken down about 7 times and she survived a couple of rear naked chokes, a couple of arm-bars, a kimura and an omoplata. Lots of heart but on that showing, she'll not be a title contender.

Rose Namajunas on the other hand, I'd expect to get a shot at Joanna some time next year. She was truly outstanding. Her nickname is the "thug". Very apt.

Was alway the case with Vanzant, young raw with a lot of heart but technically not great just now its how i liked watching her fights but you always knew she was going to end up taking a beating the further she moved up. Its also a far stronger womens division that the Holms one.Ah well only Northcutt left of the Dana/Reebok hype machine.

Was alway the case with Vanzant, young raw with a lot of heart but technically not great just now its how i liked watching her fights but you always knew she was going to end up taking a beating the further she moved up. Its also a far stronger womens division that the Holms one.Ah well only Northcutt left of the Dana/Reebok hype machine.

Sage came out with some weirdo Jesus shit in his post-fight interview in the octagon.

He's quite an odd character. Incredible build on the lad though. Potential future champion and easily one of the most athletic fighters in the UFC.

Werdum v Velazquez confirmed for UFC 196 on 6th Feb next year. 

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/12/rematch-between-fabricio-werdum-and-cain-velasquez-confirmed-for-ufc-196

Sage came out with some weirdo Jesus shit in his post-fight interview in the octagon.

He's quite an odd character. Incredible build on the lad though. Potential future champion and easily one of the most athletic fighters in the UFC.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/12/rematch-between-fabricio-werdum-and-cain-velasquez-confirmed-for-ufc-196

Vanzant quite good in the post fight said she got outclassed in every single way. Said she is still new has the heart, will and determination but just does not have the technique yet to compete at the higher level.

AlphonseCapone

I thought that tonight's TUF finale was only on fightpass but UFC website has it down as also on BT Sport 2, is that right?

How do people see the Mcgregor Aldo fight going then? Seems like A lot of people who don't really follow mma have gotten onboard the McGregor hype. He has certainly proven he's a really good striker, however I think Aldo is streets ahead of any opponent he's faced before! Should be a really interesting fight!

Generic Username

Northcutt is a freak man. Kids like 19 and looks like an Eastern European baddie from an 80s action flick. He is mad into Jesus but who cares as long as he's obliterating folk within a round.

How do people see the Mcgregor Aldo fight going then? Seems like A lot of people who don't really follow mma have gotten onboard the McGregor hype. He has certainly proven he's a really good striker, however I think Aldo is streets ahead of any opponent he's faced before! Should be a really interesting fight!

Really not sure how it will go to be honest. You're right about Mcgregor proving he can back up his talk, and he certainly appeared to get in Aldo's head before the last fight was supposed to happen. But Aldo is undefeated champ for a reason, personally I would like him to win and take that second place medal Mcgregor has been waving about off him. But I think it could go either way and wouldn't like to call it. 

Interesting that the Vegas bookies have Aldo favourite and most bookies over here are putting Mcgregor favourite. 

he lied on the application apparently 

hes said it about 100 times lol

apparently said he didn't have any distinguishing features on visa application. They must have seen his tattoos :bomb2:

yeah he is a bit of a Jesus freak, also notice how he calls Dana "Mr White" . Yes Sir, always staying positive.