Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Warrington - Wood will be a good brawl when it comes around.

Warrington 2018 would beat Wood but not now. Wood will stop him.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Smithee said:

This isn't bettable for me, **** knows what's been talked about behind the scenes, it's like betting on WWE.

Anything is bettable when you’re a degenerate gambler my friend. 

19 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Enjoyed it. Good seeing folk making a bit of money. 

Jake Paul seems to take it seriously. Doubt he will ever be a top contender but he is bringing a whole new fan base to boxing and is promoting women’s boxing as well which can only be a good thing. 

There is levels to it though. Any decent Amateur would probably beat him. 

Let the man box. 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Jake Paul seems to take it seriously. Doubt he will ever be a top contender but he is bringing a whole new fan base to boxing and is promoting women’s boxing as well which can only be a good thing. 

Let the man box. 

He fights these lads for reason. Someone like Canelo or even Conor Benn/Eubank jnr/Smith would spark him out with 30 seconds. 

But it is what it is and I enjoyed it. Mate makes me laugh, especially his boxing skills, the he is a very dangerous lad.

7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Let the man box. 

Nothing wrong with it they have created a market for himself and he is a pretty decent promoter as well as you say.

indianajones

If he ever fights a real boxer he'll enter the shadow realm and likely stays there for a few weeks.

Boring as ****. 

11 minutes ago, indianajones said:

If he ever fights a real boxer he'll enter the shadow realm and likely stays there for a few weeks.

Boring as ****. 

There's choices for everyone,  that's why there's women's football for some. Maybe that will suit your needs better. 🤘

indianajones
Just now, ri Alban said:

There's choices for everyone,  that's why there's women's football for some. Maybe that will suit your needs better. 🤘

Hilarious.

Probably a point though. Womens football is more interesting than watching the above pish.

On 06/08/2023 at 08:42, vegas-voss said:

Another MMA fighter just there to pick up a big wedge in retirement.

Thats all it is.

Nate wouldnt have changed a single thing in his day to day training for this fight.

Complete freakshow, JP walks around at over 200 pounds of lean muscle, Diaz has made the majority of his career fighting at 155 with a couple of fights at 170.

Cant stand JP to be honest , his brother seems to have a fair bit more charisma and seems to been the destination for most of the IQ in the family.

2 hours ago, Americana said:

Thats all it is.

Nate wouldnt have changed a single thing in his day to day training for this fight.

Complete freakshow, JP walks around at over 200 pounds of lean muscle, Diaz has made the majority of his career fighting at 155 with a couple of fights at 170.

Cant stand JP to be honest , his brother seems to have a fair bit more charisma and seems to been the destination for most of the IQ in the family.

His brother Logan Paul went to a Forrest in Japan infamous for folk killing themselves. He then found a dead body and made jokes about it and posted it online

Is that what you would define as charasmatic and intelligent?

39 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

His brother Logan Paul went to a Forrest in Japan infamous for folk killing themselves. He then found a dead body and made jokes about it and posted it online

Is that what you would define as charasmatic and intelligent?

You're not bringing up something new that nobody knows mate. He was fairly young at that point and I have heard him on more than one podcast how much he regrets it.

Hes marketed quite possibly the biggest fad of the last ten years for kids in Prime and is now in WWE main eventing PPVs with no prior experience, I would say youre not giving him the credit he deserves , whether you like him or not. 

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Americana said:

Thats all it is.

Pair of turbo wanks IMO 

2 hours ago, Americana said:

You're not bringing up something new that nobody knows mate. He was fairly young at that point and I have heard him on more than one podcast how much he regrets it.

Hes marketed quite possibly the biggest fad of the last ten years for kids in Prime and is now in WWE main eventing PPVs with no prior experience, I would say youre not giving him the credit he deserves , whether you like him or not. 

Sorry if it seemed like I was having a dig. Wasn’t meant like that mate. 

1 hour ago, Americana said:

Prob a fair assessment .

This. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Joshua fighting some guy I’ve never heard of. Can’t wait.

He’s going to retire with his only notable win being against an old Klitschko six and a half years ago. Extraordinarily overhyped.

23 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’s going to retire with his only notable win being against an old Klitschko six and a half years ago. Extraordinarily overhyped.

Helenious is the guy Wilder knocked out in the first round. 

Absoloute joke of a fight. 

jack D and coke
50 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Fury has only beat Klitschko and Wilder. Do we even know if Wilder is any good he’s fought utter bums his whole career and nearly got KO’d by a 40 odd year old Ortiz and got beaten up by Fury twice. 
I’d bet if AJ still had the belts he’d have made the Fury fight. 
He’s not the greatest by any stretch but I don’t believe AJ dodged anybody. 

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Fury has only beat Klitschko and Wilder. Do we even know if Wilder is any good he’s fought utter bums his whole career and nearly got KO’d by a 40 odd year old Ortiz and got beaten up by Fury twice. 
I’d bet if AJ still had the belts he’d have made the Fury fight. 
*He’s not the greatest by any stretch but I don’t believe AJ dodged anybody. 

*What days are doing stand up at the fringe, bud? :rofl:AJ only fights students and washed up bums. He was made to fight Usyk and was then  confirmed to be said washed up bum . Fat Andy took his soul and walked in to the rematch pished.

A lump of fecking wood. He should stick to mugging old folk.

UFC is fine till they end up on the floor and keep fighting and I hate it.   Prefer the count and separation you get in boxing. Then the fight goes on. 

Much more respectful way to fight.

Joshua wanted to fight this weekend before a fight with Wilder. Not his fault Whyte was juicing.

Also wouldn't be fair to cancel the entire evening meaning the undercard fighters don't get paid.

Joshua's resume is better than Fury's IMO in terms of calibre of fighter fought, albeit Fury is a better boxer. Fury mind you is a sh1ter for not fighting Usyk so on that basis I have more respect for Joshua.

jack D and coke
10 hours ago, Costanza said:

Joshua wanted to fight this weekend before a fight with Wilder. Not his fault Whyte was juicing.

Also wouldn't be fair to cancel the entire evening meaning the undercard fighters don't get paid.

Joshua's resume is better than Fury's IMO in terms of calibre of fighter fought, albeit Fury is a better boxer. Fury mind you is a sh1ter for not fighting Usyk so on that basis I have more respect for Joshua.

Joshua didn’t dodge Usyk and had he won he’d gave have Fury the shot, no doubt in my mind. That’s all I was trying to say regardless of who’s the better boxer. 
Fury had it all at his feet after that 3rd Wilder fight but chose to mug the entire sport off and just gobshite all over the place. 
Complete ******. 

11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Joshua didn’t dodge Usyk and had he won he’d gave have Fury the shot, no doubt in my mind. That’s all I was trying to say regardless of who’s the better boxer. 
Fury had it all at his feet after that 3rd Wilder fight but chose to mug the entire sport off and just gobshite all over the place. 
Complete ******. 

I agree 100% with what you said. The only names on Fury's resume are Klitchsko and Wilder who is a crap boxer but has a good punch.

He's ducked Usyk and lest we forget, failed a drugs test from "eating wild boar".

I'm baffled at anyone who prefers him to Joshua.

16 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I agree 100% with what you said. The only names on Fury's resume are Klitchsko and Wilder who is a crap boxer but has a good punch.

He's ducked Usyk and lest we forget, failed a drugs test from "eating wild boar".

I'm baffled at anyone who prefers him to Joshua.

There are certain types of fans who you can reliably guess who they like. Fury, Connor McGregor, Ronnie O’Sullivan, very often love Oasis and make claims like “Robin Friday is the greatest footballer of the last 50 years”. Will generally prefer Ronaldo to Messi. 

The blame game is tough cause promoters are out batting for their fighters selling a narrative, when they all retire we’ll know who the best is and who achieved what, it’s a circus this division Hearn saying fury avoided Usyk to fight Francis and Warren showing emails of the drafted contract with 40% offered to AJ to fight fury September and he didn’t take it. It’s us fans who lose out Usyk was offered 10% less than AJ when he has 3 belts and AJ turning down 40% for a non title fight makes nae sense.

When was the last time a boxer fought 2 weekends in a row btw? That guy fighting AJ was fighting last weekend and he’s fighting this weekend aswel 

44 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

When was the last time a boxer fought 2 weekends in a row btw? That guy fighting AJ was fighting last weekend and he’s fighting this weekend aswel 

Not quite two weekends running but it's not that uncommon for a replacement fighter to be someone who has fought only a week or two prior, anyone else hasn't been in training camp so as long as the guy fighting recently didn't pick up any injuries or cuts then they become the obvious choice as they are fight ready.

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

There are certain types of fans who you can reliably guess who they like. Fury, Connor McGregor, Ronnie O’Sullivan, very often love Oasis and make claims like “Robin Friday is the greatest footballer of the last 50 years”. Will generally prefer Ronaldo to Messi. 

:laugh:

Robin Friday is a blast from the past.

Only thing I know about him is being on the cover of The Man Don't Give a **** single by Super Furry Animals 

Shooter McGavin
18 hours ago, ri Alban said:

*What days are doing stand up at the fringe, bud? :rofl:AJ only fights students and washed up bums. He was made to fight Usyk and was then  confirmed to be said washed up bum . Fat Andy took his soul and walked in to the rematch pished.

A lump of fecking wood. He should stick to mugging old folk.

Hasn’t the guy got wins against about  6 world champions on his record? :rofl:

19 hours ago, kevin_hmfc said:

UFC is fine till they end up on the floor and keep fighting and I hate it.   Prefer the count and separation you get in boxing. Then the fight goes on. 

Much more respectful way to fight.

Its called grappling mate, most UFC fighters have it as their base whether Wrestling or Jiu Jitsu and have added in striking.

3 hours ago, Americana said:

Its called grappling mate, most UFC fighters have it as their base whether Wrestling or Jiu Jitsu and have added in striking.

Looks well shyte however.  Boxing wins every time 

Greedy Jambo
On 06/08/2023 at 12:45, AlimOzturk said:

Let the man box. 

He needs to stop saying that he wants Canelo. 

The first actual boxer he's faced (Tommy Fury, who is shite) he lost to. 

The game is up now, anyone that thought Nate Diaz would win is kidding themselves, he's a slap artist with little 4oz gloves, he doesn't knock anyone out. UFC fighters are not boxers, it's the just one big scam. 

Greedy Jambo

If anyone deserves a payday, it's Robbie Lawler, too much of a risk for Jake Paul even at the end of his career. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Greedy Jambo
4 hours ago, kevin_hmfc said:

Looks well shyte however.  Boxing wins every time 

Boxing has been shite for years, if it wasn't for Tyson Fury and Canelo, your average boxing fan wouldn't be interested. 

It has picked up slightly now, due to all the wank youtuber fights. 

I do take your point about stand up ufc fights though, some of the most exciting fights in the UFC have been from sluggers that lack skill. 

AJ saying AJ stupid things at the weigh/in today. Asking opponent why he was looking at him funny at the stare down? He is a weirdo.

If he doesn’t destroy Helenius in less than 4 rounds then it only confirms what most are saying. He is finished with the big fights now.

• 2 weeks later...
Seaside Dave
10 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

Sean O’Malley finally becoming Champ In the ufc was some knockout 

Impressive indeed. Sterling got his gameplan all wrong. He will get a rematch soon enough. To think he was wanting to go to 145 for volanoski lol he would get pumped 

33 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Impressive indeed. Sterling got his gameplan all wrong. He will get a rematch soon enough. To think he was wanting to go to 145 for volanoski lol he would get pumped 

Rematch will be good would’ve liked to have seen how O’Malley would’ve done had he been taken down. Looks like volks will be fighting topuria now Sterling lost his belt 

Usyk defending against dubois on Saturday Early one for a change 10.30 ring walk not a 4 in the morning job and Prince nas son making his debut on the undercard 

Dennis Reynolds

Dubois puts Usyk down in the 5th but it's called a low blow. Poor decision for me. Usyk not dealing with the body shots at all. 6 rounds to go.

10 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Dubois puts Usyk down in the 5th but it's called a low blow. Poor decision for me. Usyk not dealing with the body shots at all. 6 rounds to go.

Was borderline. Think he'd have got up if counted.

Bossed him out with that and a beauty of a ko in 9

Dubois beats Joshua