Boxing and UFC

Masonic

3 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It just shows you how much the UFC needs McGregor though, I've seen plenty of him all over social media lately, but i only found out Usman was fighting yesterday 🤣

not many big characters left in the game that being said i like usman to win tonight by submission is 14/1 taking a bit of that

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How can you not love watching Gaethje fight.Never seen him in a bad fight win or lose.Woupd love him to win the belt but it's probably never going to happen.Great fight again tonight.

3 hours ago, Masonic said:

not many big characters left in the game that being said i like usman to win tonight by submission is 14/1 taking a bit of that

Pimblett and O'Malley only real characters now but pfft give me great fighters that just really get on with it like Volk anyday over mouthpieces only Conor really done it well anyway before he became annoying and cringe.

Rocky wins again.Got to say Usman looks done though age and injuries have done him.Dont want to take too much away from Edwards though he rose to the pressure of being champ.

Career defining performance from Edwards. Incredible.

Hope they don't give Covington next shot. He doesn't deserve it.

3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Career defining performance from Edwards. Incredible.

Hope they don't give Covington next shot. He doesn't deserve it.

Aye virtually sat it out all this time but expects a title shot.Seeminly refused a fight on the card last night as well.

20 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

According to Dana, Colby is next up. Like you slightly surprised he’s getting next shot and even more surprised UFC locked them in. I would have thought Masdival would be an option if he wins his next fight. 

On the fight I had Edwards winning but it was one of those fights that could have gone either way. 

I think he wants a big money fight with McGregor. Too big for Conor.

Colby should have to fight Chamaev or Muhammad, but no problem with his title fight, considering it's the UFC and they don't care about anything. 

As for Jorge, overrated and should be released back to the backyard championship.

26 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

According to Dana, Colby is next up. Like you slightly surprised he’s getting next shot and even more surprised UFC locked them in. I would have thought Masdival would be an option if he wins his next fight. 

On the fight I had Edwards winning but it was one of those fights that could have gone either way. 

I thought the point deduction was going to swing it Usmans way even though I thought Leon won I thought that point off was going to be crucial.I don't think Masvidal will win his next fight to be honest.Chimeav is the man in that division now but to be honest it looks like more a case of him not being able to make the weight anymore.

24 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I thought a draw was going to be the result. 

Rakmonov v Belal is in the works according to Dana. The winner of that match up probably has a good claim at a shot. Would be nice to see some fresh blood in there feels it’s been the same faces forever. 

Im really surprised UFC so commited to Covington being next man up. Can only assume was part of deal as been back up fighter. He’s been trading wins and loses for the last 4 fights. 

Nice good old Republican American Trump supporting poster boy for the UFC just like Dana.

Shooter McGavin

Fury vs Usyk now off, not exactly a surprise.

Fury taking absolute pelters online, plenty think Usyk called his bluff with the 70/30 split and Fury was indeed bluffing.

Another great day for the sport…

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Fury vs Usyk now off, not exactly a surprise.

Fury taking absolute pelters online, plenty think Usyk called his bluff with the 70/30 split and Fury was indeed bluffing.

Another great day for the sport…

Fury only fights fighters he knows he can beat. Usyk has done everything he was asked, now the rematch has pulled from the contract because Usyk said it should be 50/50 if he wins. Fury wants 70/30 even if he loses. 

Usyk should just fight AJ or Wilder if they win their fights and leave Fury to fight Chisora and Whyte. 

Shooter McGavin
11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Fury only fights fighters he knows he can beat. Usyk has done everything he was asked, now the rematch has pulled from the contract because Usyk said it should be 50/50 if he wins. Fury wants 70/30 even if he loses. 

Usyk should just fight AJ or Wilder if they win their fights and leave Fury to fight Chisora and Whyte. 

Aye the whole thing has become farcical.

30% of the purse for the guy that holds 4 of the 5 belts was comical, credit to Usyk for just agreeing to that to try and get the fight done.

Fury will no doubt be in the press giving it “I’d fight for free!” blah blah blah 💤💤

Think the public are bored of him now.

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

Aye the whole thing has become farcical.

30% of the purse for the guy that holds 4 of the 5 belts was comical, credit to Usyk for just agreeing to that to try and get the fight done.

Fury will no doubt be in the press giving it “I’d fight for free!” blah blah blah 💤💤

Think the public are bored of him now.

I like Fury, but this is just pish. No wonder AJ has more fans.

Day@theraces
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

**** fighting AJ again he has bested him twice, Joshua doesn't deserve another crack at him. In an Ideal world Fury and Usyk square off, likewise AJ and Wilder but unfortunately promoters and politics decide whom faces whom 

Day@theraces

I'm a big fan of both Fury and Usyk, but I'm beginning to feel that Fury is genuinely worried about Usyk. Not surprising since he can actually box and not swing away endlessly like Deontey

57 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

I'm a big fan of both Fury and Usyk, but I'm beginning to feel that Fury is genuinely worried about Usyk. Not surprising since he can actually box and not swing away endlessly like Deontey

Bar Klitchsko, who of any real ability has Fury fought? Wilder has a great punch but is an appalling boxer.

Usyk is different gravy, a genuine world class operator and would be the best opponent, Fury has ever fought.

I think Fury beats AJ but you wonder about why that fight didn't happen either. AJ is a better boxer than Wilder so was he worried about that?

Guy's credibility is hugely damaged by not fighting Usyk.

Fury trying to treat Usyk as a B level fighter was utterly disrespectful. Usyks career and record so far outstrips fury’s it isn’t even worth debating. He hold three of the four heavyweight straps, was Cruiserweight unified world champion, dismantled Joshua over two fights and deserved far more respect from fury than he was given. 

I will concede that Fury had more selling power but he seems to think that’s everything when it comes to negotiating. Usyk is hardly a small fish in terms of popularity and a fight V someone like DDD or Joyce will sell very well. Fury might find his next fight will be boycotted as his popularity and reputation plummets. 

Fury seems to think he is bigger than boxing. 

On 19/03/2023 at 08:44, vegas-voss said:

Nice good old Republican American Trump supporting poster boy for the UFC just like Dana.

His character is entertaining and he backs it up with a lot of talent the classic heel angle , the right combination for someone the UFCs wants holding a belt. Im happy for Leon and it seems like the right time for a UK champion as the o2 has been getting a lot of attention from the UFC for its atmosphere. The best situation for Uncle Dana is Masvidal getting through Burns "which he wont" and a heated build up to Edwards Vs Masvidal. In all honesty Chimaev slaughters either of them if he can commit to the weight cut. 

2 minutes ago, Americana said:

His character is entertaining and he backs it up with a lot of talent the classic heel angle , the right combination for someone the UFCs wants holding a belt. Im happy for Leon and it seems like the right time for a UK champion as the o2 has been getting a lot of attention from the UFC for its atmosphere. The best situation for Uncle Dana is Masvidal getting through Burns "which he wont" and a heated build up to Edwards Vs Masvidal. In all honesty Chimaev slaughters either of them if he can commit to the weight cut. 

If Edwards keeps on improving that takedown defence I think he will pick Covington apart.Good fighter with a ton of heart Colby is though as shown in his two bouts with Usman but he is limited and I think he would be looking just to take Leon down ( quite right though as Leon is by far the better striker ).Chimaev beats both though I agree.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

If Edwards keeps on improving that takedown defence I think he will pick Covington apart.Good fighter with a ton of heart Colby is though as shown in his two bouts with Usman but he is limited and I think he would be looking just to take Leon down ( quite right though as Leon is by far the better striker ).Chimaev beats both though I agree.

Mate Edwards wrestling is never going to be on Colbys level. Dont use the last Usman fight as a representation of his wrestling, Usmans knees are absolutely gone, I wouldnt be suprised if we never see him fight again, quite possibly removes himself from the USADA pool to get stem. I honestly dont see Edwards holding the belt for long.

Sadly the UK will always be playing catch up when it comes to wrestling and from my experience good wrestlers have the strongest platform to transition into modern mma. I think I was on my third gym before I even trained at a club that offered pure wrestling on the timetable, the yanks are in singlets once theyre out of nappies.

2 hours ago, Americana said:

Mate Edwards wrestling is never going to be on Colbys level. Dont use the last Usman fight as a representation of his wrestling, Usmans knees are absolutely gone, I wouldnt be suprised if we never see him fight again, quite possibly removes himself from the USADA pool to get stem. I honestly dont see Edwards holding the belt for long.

Sadly the UK will always be playing catch up when it comes to wrestling and from my experience good wrestlers have the strongest platform to transition into modern mma. I think I was on my third gym before I even trained at a club that offered pure wrestling on the timetable, the yanks are in singlets once theyre out of nappies.

I don't think he will either but I think he would get past Colby

7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I don't think he will either but I think he would get past Colby

I would imagine he has more chance against Jorge. Going by what he said on The MMA Hour with Helwani its the fight he wants as well, says he will be turning down Colby until he has beaten a contender. Both fights make him a wedge to be fair .

1 hour ago, Americana said:

I would imagine he has more chance against Jorge. Going by what he said on The MMA Hour with Helwani its the fight he wants as well, says he will be turning down Colby until he has beaten a contender. Both fights make him a wedge to be fair .

Read today if he refuses to fight Colby he will get stripped of the belt.I think he would be Jorge as well.

jack D and coke
On 22/03/2023 at 20:36, ri Alban said:

I like Fury, but this is just pish. No wonder AJ has more fans.

Fury is an utter fraud. 
Id never liked him or the rest of his itinerant muppet family that much but then warmed to him a bit.
His dad is an utter cockbag though for sure. 
But his antics the last year or so 🤣what a conman. 
**** right off. 

Shooter McGavin
44 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Fury is an utter fraud. 
Id never liked him or the rest of his itinerant muppet family that much but then warmed to him a bit.
His dad is an utter cockbag though for sure. 
But his antics the last year or so 🤣what a conman. 
**** right off. 

I like him as a boxer, but I’m getting really bored of the daft videos he posts online. So is everyone else judging by the backlash his video received.

The guys championed mens mental health for years, and then goes on to post videos of him calling Usyk every name under the sun, mocking his appearance etc.

Boxing these days seems to be 99% callouts, trash talk and drugs scandals, and 1% actual quality fights.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I like him as a boxer, but I’m getting really bored of the daft videos he posts online. So is everyone else judging by the backlash his video received.

The guys championed mens mental health for years, and then goes on to post videos of him calling Usyk every name under the sun, mocking his appearance etc.

Boxing these days seems to be 99% callouts, trash talk and drugs scandals, and 1% actual quality fights.

He’s fought Klitscko and Wilder…that’s actually it. Nobody even has any idea how good Wilder is either because he only fights bums too. 
Fury is an utter fraud of a man. 
I hope they strip fury of the belt. 
Like what you say though the mental health stuff then his abusing of almost everyone in the world who sees through his nonsense is laughable. 
I used to love the boxing but it’s a load of bolloks these days. 

20 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

AFury is an utter fraud of a man. 
Like what you say though the mental health stuff then his abusing of almost everyone in the world who sees through his nonsense is laughable. 

He's not as big a fraud as AJ. He slept with a boxer. Lost to a fat barra and a Cruiserweight, twice. He was put on his arse by a past it Klitschko. If I met him, I'd probably try to put my clothes in him. A wardrobe, an absolute lump of wuid.

Shooter McGavin
20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He's not as big a fraud as AJ. He slept with a boxer. Lost to a fat barra and a Cruiserweight, twice. He was put on his arse by a past it Klitschko. If I met him, I'd probably try to put my clothes in him. A wardrobe, an absolute lump of wuid.

AJ is hardly a fraud 😂

I do think Fury would beat AJ, but right now AJ’s record pisses all over Furys.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

He’s fought Klitscko and Wilder…that’s actually it. Nobody even has any idea how good Wilder is either because he only fights bums too. 
Fury is an utter fraud of a man. 

Absolutely agree; his record isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Let's not forget the positive drug test because of 'infected meat'. Not quite up there on the BS stakes with the Dennis Mitchell one where his testosterone levels were inflated after a "marathon sex session with his wife as a treat for her birthday" but still suspect.
His comments calling Usyk, a man who went back to fight in Ukraine, a coward were classless as well as laughable.

18 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

AJ is hardly a fraud 😂

I do think Fury would beat AJ, but right now AJ’s record pisses all over Furys.

Denigrating Usyk as a cruiserweight is ridiculous. He's a magnificent boxer and a taller (6ft 3) and bigger man than Mike Tyson or Evander Holyfield were 

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

If AJ had the belts or a belt he’d give that fraud his shot. He’s not a great heavyweight but he’s not ducked anyone. 
Compare that to Fury who clearly doesn’t want these fights yet goes around abusing everyone. 

Hes a joke man. 

On 23/03/2023 at 17:46, vegas-voss said:

Read today if he refuses to fight Colby he will get stripped of the belt.I think he would be Jorge as well.

Bit of a joke that, doesnt suprise me considering how long it took for him to get his shot.

1 hour ago, Americana said:

Bit of a joke that, doesnt suprise me considering how long it took for him to get his shot.

It's UFC they make up as they go along.Basically of Dana doesn't like you being champ he makes it as awkward as ****.Others he couldn't give a **** if they hold up the division for whatever reason.

49 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It's UFC they make up as they go along.Basically of Dana doesn't like you being champ he makes it as awkward as ****.Others he couldn't give a **** if they hold up the division for whatever reason.

Without a doubt. The invention of the interim belt was the downfall, guys getting six months others getting years.

2 minutes ago, Americana said:

Without a doubt. The invention of the interim belt was the downfall, guys getting six months others getting years.

Can you remember when barring injury when you became champ it was meant to be 3 fights a year.How often is that implemented now but for Edwards according to Dana it's three fights a year.

On 27/03/2023 at 10:52, indianajones said:

Fury is without a doubt the issue. Can't see Usyk walking away from anything including silly clauses. 

Sugarhill just exposed Fury. He never intended to fight Usyk. He'll fight the big Diddy (AJ) instead, after he fights the world number 34 :rofl:

How do you lose two world title fights and then get another shot after fighting the world number 34?  💰

Shooter McGavin

Sugarhill just exposed Fury. He never intended to fight Usyk. He'll fight the big Diddy (AJ) instead, after he fights the world number 34 :rofl:

John Fury apparently furious and wants Sugarhill sacked for admitting Tyson wasn’t even training for Usyk 😂

Both the Fury’s have mastered the art of making an a*** of yourself.

indianajones

18 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

John Fury apparently furious and wants Sugarhill sacked for admitting Tyson wasn’t even training for Usyk 😂

Both the Fury’s have mastered the art of making an a*** of yourself.

Thought it was pretty obvious myself. Usyk isn't the type to duck anyone imo. You can just tell. 

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Great article this.

Main cut away simply is that Eddie Hearn is a disgrace.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2023/apr/01/eddie-hearn-conor-benn-and-the-poison-at-the-heart-of-british-boxing

Agreed about Eddie Hearn claiming AJ could beat Fury and now apparently Jack Catterall is the undisputed champ at 140 despite being ranked 15th by WBO and the fact he is garbage.

13 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Agreed about Eddie Hearn claiming AJ could beat Fury and now apparently Jack Catterall is the undisputed champ at 140 despite being ranked 15th by WBO and the fact he is garbage.

eddies not satisfied with the helipad and £10m mansion needs to make another £ off the public selling wolf tickets and protecting his fighters from real challenges where they might actually be an underdog instead of a 1/50 favourite 

Day@theraces

It's a shame that Fury seems to be too worried about Usyk to give him a fight, but not surprised AJ has jumped in to say he should fight him. Joshua should be no where near a title fight after losing 3 of his last 5. And with Fury wanting to price himself out of a fight on one side and Hearn on the other more chance of pigs flying than those 2 getting it on