Boxing and UFC

Masonic

9 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Usyk is 6'3" which is only an inch shorter than Ngannou and taller than a Tyson or a Holyfield.

He also has an elite skillset and Fury won't have faced anyone with his ring IQ before. It's an intriguing fight and for all Fury's trash talk, no way is he underestimating Usyk.

Klitschko jas a strong claim to having a superb ring IQ to be fair. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Tazio said:

It’s still 6” difference. I’m 5’7” (sadly) and wouldn’t fancy fighting someone 6’1” with a big weight advantage. 
I think Fury will be focused as he’s nervous as he’s never fought anyone like Usyk before. Though I still won’t rule out a convenient training camp injury before we get to the fight date. 

That's true it gives him a big advantage but I don't think it's an insurmountable one for Usyk.

Agree on Fury's focus despite all his usual bluster.

8 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

Klitschko jas a strong claim to having a superb ring IQ to be fair. 

Klitschko was good but think Usyk has faster hands, better head movement and much superior footwork. He doesn't have his reach and jab of course but the former I think do compensate for that but obviously remains to be seen.

22 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Klitschko was good but think Usyk has faster hands, better head movement and much superior footwork. He doesn't have his reach and jab of course but the former I think do compensate for that but obviously remains to be seen.

Aw wouldn't argue the skill sets comparison in that respect but Klitschko I reckon probably had a ring IQ that's hard to top. He knew his weaknesses and was solid in avoiding them being exploited (most of the time anyway, he could be in trouble when someone did splat him on the button). 

Edited by BlueRiver

1 hour ago, BlueRiver said:

Aw wouldn't argue the skill sets comparison in that respect but Klitschko I reckon probably had a ring IQ that's hard to top. He knew his weaknesses and was solid in avoiding them being exploited (most of the time anyway, he could be in trouble when someone did splat him on the button). 

That's fair, I was clumsily linking both. 

I really don't know how Usyk v Fury will go.Head says bigger man will eventually wear him down especially as Tyson has very good cardio and I can't see Usyk hurting Fury at all but then Tyson has never faced anybody with Usyk skillset so how will he feel if he starts getting outboxed.Its intriguing as I honestly don't know what way it will go.

Nick ball v Isaac dogboe title eliminator the night if anyone is interested both have a come forward style never throw single shots always combos should be a great watch 

48 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I thought there would be more support for Paul Craig tonight, I'm not going to lie. 

I’m supporting him to be fair I just follow boxing more a lad I know Jordan trains with him he fought on Pettis card in October but got beat. Here’s hoping Craig wins the night 

Safe to say Tommy fury won’t be chasing world titles he’s in talks to fight 54 year auld Roy Jones jr. 

Still a month away but what’s everyone predictions for edwards Covington? I’m buzzing for that but pretty sure it’s same night as edwards v bam so hopefully they don’t clash. 

Few fights on this weekend. Haney v prograis the biggest out of the lot with Garcia on the undercard am sure. 

Lee McGregor fighting fury’s best mate Lowe who I cannot stand so hope lee gives him a whooping. Moses Itauma also fighting the night. 18 year old wanting to beat Tyson’s record and become youngest champ. Future face of the heavyweight division if all goes well for the lad. It’ll be his 7th fight this year which is good going just need to step up in competition next year 

Edited by KG1874

14 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

Few fights on this weekend. Haney v prograis the biggest out of the lot with Garcia on the undercard am sure. 

Lee McGregor fighting fury’s best mate Lowe who I cannot stand so hope lee gives him a whooping. Moses Itauma also fighting the night. 18 year old wanting to beat Tyson’s record and become youngest champ. Future face of the heavyweight division if all goes well for the lad. It’ll be his 7th fight this year which is good going just need to step up in competition next year 

Hadn't really heard of Itauma some ****ing size though 18yrs old and 6ft 5 and weighs in at 250lb his last few fights.Was just reading his older brother was massively hyped before being derailed so think far too early to decide on this guy.

58 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Hadn't really heard of Itauma some ****ing size though 18yrs old and 6ft 5 and weighs in at 250lb his last few fights.Was just reading his older brother was massively hyped before being derailed so think far too early to decide on this guy.

Aye the lads a unit. That’s right I forgot aw about Karol, Warren was looking forward to promoting them as a package at future events but Karol got badly dropped and beat the same night moses made his debut. Have no heard his name mentioned since till you brought it up. 

it is too early there’s just something about the lad. He oozes confidence and just has that aura he means business. He gave himself the “beat Mike Tyson’s record” tag and he’s already talking about wanting to fight Parker Joyce Dubious AJ etc now he’s sparred them and knows he matches up with them skill wise.  Nothing like putting pressure on yourself eh 😂 he will need to step up quicker than other prospects if he’s gonna achieve goal though. 

21 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

Aye the lads a unit. That’s right I forgot aw about Karol, Warren was looking forward to promoting them as a package at future events but Karol got badly dropped and beat the same night moses made his debut. Have no heard his name mentioned since till you brought it up. 

it is too early there’s just something about the lad. He oozes confidence and just has that aura he means business. He gave himself the “beat Mike Tyson’s record” tag and he’s already talking about wanting to fight Parker Joyce Dubious AJ etc now he’s sparred them and knows he matches up with them skill wise.  Nothing like putting pressure on yourself eh 😂 he will need to step up quicker than other prospects if he’s gonna achieve goal though. 

I will definitely be taking an interest now 

On 16/11/2023 at 23:42, Costanza said:

Usyk is 6'3" which is only an inch shorter than Ngannou and taller than a Tyson or a Holyfield.

He also has an elite skillset and Fury won't have faced anyone with his ring IQ before. It's an intriguing fight and for all Fury's trash talk, no way is he underestimating Usyk.

Ngannou is 250-60 pounds of sheer raw power. Fury wasn’t able to put his weight on him like previous opponents and bully him. 

The same won’t be said for Usyk. Fury will lean on him the whole fight, fire him and knock him out about the 10th round. 

9 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Ngannou is 250-60 pounds of sheer raw power. Fury wasn’t able to put his weight on him like previous opponents and bully him. 

The same won’t be said for Usyk. Fury will lean on him the whole fight, fire him and knock him out about the 10th round. 

Usyk can move though this isn't one of the other bums he has fought that lumber around the ring.I still favour Fury slightly though because of the size and weight difference.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

I agree that's how Fury should fight to win but Usyk will be by quite some distance, the best fighter he will have faced.

He'll be lucky to tie Usyk up given Usyk’s footwork and movement.

As vegas-voss says, this isn't one of Fury's usual opponents. Bar Klitchsko and a puncher but sh1t boxer in Wilder, he's fought no one really that good.

I think Usyk wins by a wide points margin but it's in an intriguing fight as conversely,  Usky hasn't fought anyone like Fury before.

2 hours ago, Costanza said:

I agree that's how Fury should fight to win but Usyk will be by quite some distance, the best fighter he will have faced.

He'll be lucky to tie Usyk up given Usyk’s footwork and movement.

As vegas-voss says, this isn't one of Fury's usual opponents. Bar Klitchsko and a puncher but sh1t boxer in Wilder, he's fought no one really that good.

I think Usyk wins by a wide points margin but it's in an intriguing fight as conversely,  Usky hasn't fought anyone like Fury before.

Again it's fine margins.How does Usyk get in close enough to do anything without taking damage.Honestly I can see it being a shite fight , too much of a chess game.

Edited by vegas-voss

4 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Again it's fine margins.How does Usyk get in close enough to do anything without taking damage.Honestly I can see it being a shite fight , too much of a chess game.

I agree style wise it should be a boring fight.  I’m expecting fury to lean on him and clinch early in the hope of tiring him out then stepping back and out boxing him from range for the stoppage tho. He’d be daft to stand there and try box a guy like Usyk who is lighter, faster and equally as technical early doors. I still struggle to understand why AJ tried it in both fights. 

Edited by KG1874

20 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Another defeat for conlan. This time from Jordan gill. Great to see 

Why great to see out of interest 

9 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

But Usyk can box and move unlike Ngannou. Just a shame Usyk isn't 3 inches taller or he would walk this poor heavyweight division.

25 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

Why great to see out of interest 

Don't rate him at all. So much hype over him. Get opportunities after opportunity and continues to fail. Sooner he's retired and away the better 

On 03/12/2023 at 18:07, vegas-voss said:

That's what makes it intriguing I guess as he's managed it against Joshua and Dubois who are tall but not Fury size so there is a doubt there. The old Fury who was more awkward and elusive might be a better fit than the current Fury who is more aggressive but gets hit more.

Can see the argument either way basically!

Next weekend is the big heavyweight Saudi card that’s stacked top to bottom but a wee reminder 2 should be great fights are on this weekend. Bam v Edwards and Colby v Edwards. 

Does any MMA fans on here rate that paddy in UFC? Most of the lads who I’d consider clued up say he’s not that good and Ferguson will beat him. I’ve never seen paddy fight so canny judge how that one will go.

scott herbertson

Fury Usyk is hard to call mainly because Fury has a range of capability from 'can't be assed' to manically serious.

IOn paper I think Usyk has everything you need to beat Fury, but Usyk has taken a few more punches in recent fights so is slowing down a bit. Fury is punching harder and harder so it could go either way.

If I had to bet, Usyk by stoppage in 8

Edited by scott herbertson

47 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

Next weekend is the big heavyweight Saudi card that’s stacked top to bottom but a wee reminder 2 should be great fights are on this weekend. Bam v Edwards and Colby v Edwards. 

Does any MMA fans on here rate that paddy in UFC? Most of the lads who I’d consider clued up say he’s not that good and Ferguson will beat him. I’ve never seen paddy fight so canny judge how that one will go.

His opponents have been cans since coming to the UFC to protect the fact hes a draw for the English crowd and a bit of personality online. I think even given where Ferguson is in his career he will take this fight most likely on the ground once Paddy realises he doesnt have the power to KO him.

I also think Colby beats Edwards, 5 rounds of just pure volume stand up.

3 hours ago, Americana said:

His opponents have been cans since coming to the UFC to protect the fact hes a draw for the English crowd and a bit of personality online. I think even given where Ferguson is in his career he will take this fight most likely on the ground once Paddy realises he doesnt have the power to KO him.

I also think Colby beats Edwards, 5 rounds of just pure volume stand up.

I hope Colby does win, only thing is he’s had a few years out the cage it’ll be interesting to see how that’s effects him but I want him as champ like he’s so entertaining inside and outside the cage I still get goosebumps thinking about his fight way usman that 4th round really sold me on just how tough the guy is. 

15 hours ago, KG1874 said:

I hope Colby does win, only thing is he’s had a few years out the cage it’ll be interesting to see how that’s effects him but I want him as champ like he’s so entertaining inside and outside the cage I still get goosebumps thinking about his fight way usman that 4th round really sold me on just how tough the guy is. 

I think hes great for mma, everyone is aware hes playing a character but it brings a bit of entertainment to the division.

Well sunny Edwards won the mind games but he’s killed off any chance of getting a decision in America after that press conference no matter how well he boxes 

This is looking like the best UFC event in ages to be fair, a thoroughly decent press conference with people's dead dads getting slagged, Bottles being chucked, and Paddy the ***** needing to prove himself against Tony the 6 loss wonder of the world who has been trained by that mental fitness freak. 

Paddy v's Tony is a career-ender for whoever loses.  Love it. 

This is Edwards first proper test since his arguable fluke win head kick. 

Paddy and Covington should win. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

15 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

This is looking like the best UFC event in ages to be fair, a thoroughly decent press conference with people's dead dads getting slagged, Bottles being chucked, and Paddy the ***** needing to prove himself against Tony the 6 loss wonder of the world who has been trained by that mental fitness freak. 

Paddy v's Tony is a career-ender for whoever loses.  Love it. 

This is Edwards first proper test since his arguable fluke win head kick. 

Paddy and Covington should win. 

First fight he was losing 4 rounds until the head kick. But he comfortably won the next fight against Usman. I'm a huge Colby fan so hope he wins but didn't appreciate the dead dad comment. Don't really care about anything else on the card. Paddy overrated and can barely speak English. Tony is washed.

It's all about Colby and making the welterweight division great again. Trump will hopefully put the belt on him if he wins. 

4 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

First fight he was losing 4 rounds until the head kick. But he comfortably won the next fight against Usman. I'm a huge Colby fan so hope he wins but didn't appreciate the dead dad comment. Don't really care about anything else on the card. Paddy overrated and can barely speak English. Tony is washed.

It's all about Colby and making the welterweight division great again. Trump will hopefully put the belt on him if he wins. 

Imagine the snotters that fly if that happened. 😄

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Imagine the snotters that fly if that happened. 😄

Colby and trump making the world great again 😍

shavkat was impressive, nobody had submitted wonder boy before.

once he got him to the ground it was only a matter of time

Edited by jambosean75

dominant ground performance from pantoja, unlucky not to get the submission.

deserved to retain after a highly technical fight

good performance from leon to beat the loud mouth wank

only thing that would have made it better, if he had picked him up and flung him over the cage onto flump and wapped his cock out and pissed over them both

3 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

good performance from leon to beat the loud mouth wank

only thing that would have made it better, if he had picked him up and flung him over the cage onto flump and wapped his cock out and pissed over them both

I was pretty ****ed when it finished this morning, did I hear Covington say he thought he'd won and that it was an easy fight?

Gutted for sunny edwards losing to bam by KO. It was one sided beatdown but sunny tried his best to make it as competitive as possible. Great fight though non stop action. 

Cody garbrandt getting a KO win was good to see hopefully he can push on from that. Colby was a shambles didn’t look like he was in there to win at all but credit to edwards for the win. 

44 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

I was pretty ****ed when it finished this morning, did I hear Covington say he thought he'd won and that it was an easy fight?

yeah, he is a deluded wankstain.

the only reason he even managed to win the solitary round he did was because leon wanted to show him up at his own game and tried to wrestle with him and  colby  got on top and saw out the round