Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Boxing stopped being about individual ability and the spectacle of the sport a long time ago.

Money has been the prime motivation for many years.

The heavyweight division has been a complete joke for a generation.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AJ winning the rounds but he lacks the killer instinct he had early in his career. Seems scared of getting caught. 

AJ not really looking like a former champ on the comeback trail, looking to make a point.

He looks more concerned with not losing than actually winning.

AJ found his range in the last couple of rounds, jabbing Franklin into submission and clinching every time Franklin gets in under his jab.

5 minutes ago, Cade said:

AJ not really looking like a former champ on the comeback trail, looking to make a point.

He looks more concerned with not losing than actually winning.

Tbf to joshua Franklin isn’t a mug. He doesn’t take many easy fights. 

Both men gas tanks are depleted. I reckon if AJ fights either Fury or the juggernaut he gets tired out and knocked out by round 8. 

AJ is simply a level below the likes

of Fury and Usyk. I also think Joe Joyce beats him. 

Day@theraces

Terrible fight. Unfortunately AJ has been gun shy since the 1st Ruiz fight. He is still a name and a big draw so he will get the fights and crowds, but positive Wilder would flatten him and wouldn't put it past Joyce or DD beating him 

Day@theraces
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

As far as im aware AJ v Fury is a done deal.

The fight would be a done deal

Jeffros Furios

Fury will be saying bring it on after watching that .. AJ won as expected but he's lost it in the head 

and not the force of old .

AJ would be better fighting Wilder than Fury .

Shooter McGavin

Didn’t watch it but it sounds like whilst a convincing win, Joshua isn’t the force he once was.

Guy was ferocious in his prime.

Shooter McGavin

Reading that this was his first fight under his new coach too so obviously that’s a factor worth noting.

Nucky Thompson

I don't know why some folk are saying it was a terrible fight :unsure2:

It was fairly entertaining and could've went either way, although I thought AJ was always in control

I wouldn't be writing AJ off just yet

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I don't know why some folk are saying it was a terrible fight :unsure2:

It was fairly entertaining and could've went either way, although I thought AJ was always in control

I wouldn't be writing AJ off just yet

first few rounds the guy was throwing back and landed some shots he done better than many have against AJ

Greedy Jambo

AJ is so stiff, man, he's a bad knockout waiting to happen. 

Luckily for him, he's got size on his side and there's not many decent big men around to embaress him.

Day@theraces
40 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Luckily for him, he's got size on his side and there's not many decent big men around to embaress him.

Wilder would be suicide for AJ. A limited fighter he is but he has a good chin, the shots he took off Fury and still got up a number of times, plus he hits like a truck and would be all over Joshua and has the height and reach

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

Wilder would be suicide for AJ. A limited fighter he is but he has a good chin, the shots he took off Fury and still got up a number of times, plus he hits like a truck and would be all over Joshua and has the height and reach

Yeah, AJ looks finished to me, Wilder would most likely spark him out, Fury would play with him. 

It's sad times when that's the only 3 names on the go though. 

jack D and coke
16 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Yeah, AJ looks finished to me, Wilder would most likely spark him out, Fury would play with him. 

It's sad times when that's the only 3 names on the go though. 

Joe Joyce will take a bit of beating I reckon. Barely any skills but granite chin and just keeps coming forward. 
AJ looks done I got round to watching the fight last night and he’s so cagey now and rigid. Clearly afraid he’s going to get tagged and KO’d. 

In his early fights he’s loose and going for the jugular. 
Carbon copy of Frank Bruno against this guy. Stiff and on the verge of getting put on his arse at any minute. 
Fury probably beats them all but he’s becoming a bit of a fraud.
It’s pretty hard to rate Wilder much though either. He fights complete bums and then mouths off he’s the worlds best.
An idiot. 

UFC merging with WWE.

Not an April fool's.

*yes, yes the parent companies are merging, not the sports, but it still makes for a fun headline.

20 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Totally he should do what he has always done avoid Wilder at all cost.Take the Fury fight get the massive payday and then just retire after Fury has played with you.

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Joe Joyce will take a bit of beating I reckon. Barely any skills but granite chin and just keeps coming forward. 
AJ looks done I got round to watching the fight last night and he’s so cagey now and rigid. Clearly afraid he’s going to get tagged and KO’d. 

In his early fights he’s loose and going for the jugular. 
Carbon copy of Frank Bruno against this guy. Stiff and on the verge of getting put on his arse at any minute. 
Fury probably beats them all but he’s becoming a bit of a fraud.
It’s pretty hard to rate Wilder much though either. He fights complete bums and then mouths off he’s the worlds best.
An idiot. 

Not much of boxer but he hits hard as **** Wilder and AJ would be perfect for him.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Not much of boxer but he hits hard as **** Wilder and AJ would be perfect for him.

Be good to see them all fight each other. 
Wilder, AJ, Joyce and Fury should’ve have all fought each other by now really.
They barely fight nowadays the top fighters. So long out the ring between fights. 

18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

They barely fight nowadays the top fighters. So long out the ring between fights. 

Aye only really Canelo seems to fight a few times a year.

Boxing be better if it was always a super series 

Edited by vegas-voss

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Aye only really Canelo seems to fight a few times a year.

Boxing be better if it was always a super series 

I might be wrong but Tyson and Lewis etc used to fight at least 3-4 times a year? Tyson defo did. 

26 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I might be wrong but Tyson and Lewis etc used to fight at least 3-4 times a year? Tyson defo did. 

It's probably best health wise they don't fight more than twice a year but some guys it's pretty much once a year at best.Guys like Terrance Crawford it's pretty much once a year and he hardly gets hit when he does fight probably most champions are once a year.Mike Tyson tore through the division in two years I think but that was a super series Champions against champions.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It's probably best health wise they don't fight more than twice a year but some guys it's pretty much once a year at best.Guys like Terrance Crawford it's pretty much once a year and he hardly gets hit when he does fight probably most champions are once a year.Mike Tyson tore through the division in two years I think but that was a super series Champions against champions.

Maybe a health thing aye didn’t think of that. 
Frustrating though. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Maybe a health thing aye didn’t think of that. 
Frustrating though. 

7 fights Mike Tyson had in 18 months to become Undisputed Champion.From Trevor Berbick to Spinks all Champions.

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

7 fights Mike Tyson had in 18 months to become Undisputed Champion.From Trevor Berbick to Spinks all Champions.

Unreal. Smashed the lot of them too. 

39 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Unreal. Smashed the lot of them too. 

Went the distance with Bonecrusher Smith and Tony Tucker.

The Spinks one was scary the guy looked absolutely petrified before the bell rang and it was all over in 80 seconds

Edited by vegas-voss

jack D and coke
25 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Went the distance with Bonecrusher Smith and Tony Tucker.

The Spinks one was scary the guy looked absolutely petrified before the bell rang and it was all over in 80 seconds

Remember them all now.

Bonecrusher and Tucker gave him good fights. 
Sunday morning watching his fights on ITV. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Shooter McGavin
On 03/04/2023 at 18:50, jack D and coke said:

Bottom part highlights why boxing is quite stale compared to UFC.

Whilst I understand that boxers aren’t performing monkeys, and want a lot of money for the risk they take and rightly so, it does lead to the sport being dull as dishwater at times.

The UFC has a main event just about two weeks. Which keeps things fresh and interesting when the belts are up for grabs. The best fight the best, which isn’t the case with boxing, or if they do it’s when both of them are about 5 years out of their prime.

Boxers seem to spend a year or two talking p*** on social media, dealing with about 5 different organisations, dealing with multiple different broadcasters, dealing with multiple different promoters, who all have their own agenda’s.

It’s no wonder it’s a fractured mess, and PPV worthy fights are few are far between.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Bottom part highlights why boxing is quite stale compared to UFC.

Whilst I understand that boxers aren’t performing monkeys, and want a lot of money for the risk they take and rightly so, it does lead to the sport being dull as dishwater at times.

The UFC has a main event just about two weeks. Which keeps things fresh and interesting when the belts are up for grabs. The best fight the best, which isn’t the case with boxing, or if they do it’s when both of them are about 5 years out of their prime.

Boxers seem to spend a year or two talking p*** on social media, dealing with about 5 different organisations, dealing with multiple different broadcasters, dealing with multiple different promoters, who all have their own agenda’s.

It’s no wonder it’s a fractured mess, and PPV worthy fights are few are far between.

Boxing is a joke but it’s allowed to be by the even more corrupt governing bodies. 
All of the fighters are out their tits on PEDS Amir Khan banned yesterday. Of course he never knowingly took anything :lol: **** off. 

I agree about the UFC guys fighting each other but im not a fan 😬
Conor McGregor couldn’t fight sleep, a really crap fighter but he was the only one really carrying it and giving it headlines. 

If you’re good at strangling you’ll do well in UFC. It’s not for me. 

Edited by jack D and coke

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Looks like we might get Spence Vs Crawford seeminly to be announced at the Davis Vs Garcia fight.

About time. The best fight out there alongside Bivol v Beterbiev and Fury v Usyk.

Think Crawford will win that, guy is outrageously talented.

17 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Boxing is a joke but it’s allowed to be by the even more corrupt governing bodies. 
All of the fighters are out their tits on PEDS Amir Khan banned yesterday. Of course he never knowingly took anything :lol: **** off. 

I agree about the UFC guys fighting each other but im not a fan 😬
Conor McGregor couldn’t fight sleep, a really crap fighter but he was the only one really carrying it and giving it headlines. 

If you’re good at strangling you’ll do well in UFC. It’s not for me. 

If you can’t wrestle you will Fail these days in UFC.