Boxing and UFC

Masonic

8 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

He needs to start fighting actual pro boxers…

…so that he can have fights cancelled at the last minute due to failed drugs tests, or have fights fall through cause his opponent refuses to have their name 2nd on the event, or have fights fall through cause his opponent demands 70% of the purse, or have fights fall through cause his opponent refuses to walk to the ring first…

…and he can go through all of that for a fraction of the money he’s making right now 😂

You missed out not getting big fights as you don't know the right drug dealers.

But I guess he could get that via Tyson.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Diadora Van Basten

The bit that annoys me is they announce how many punches have been landed but don’t explain that boxing is based on who won each round hence why you get guys like KSI and Jack Catterall claiming a fix and people who don’t understand the scoring backing them up.

Shooter McGavin
49 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

You missed out not getting big fights as you don't know the right drug dealers.

But I guess he could get that via Tyson.

There’s no drugs in boxing, just a high consumption of eggs, mate.

But aye, it’s these bloody influencers making a mockery of boxing:rofl:

been here before
17 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

There’s no drugs in boxing, just a high consumption of eggs, mate.

But aye, it’s these bloody influencers making a mockery of boxing:rofl:

Not forgetting those contaminated bulls testicles.

Rupert Pupkin

“I’m done with all this crossover bullsh*t, but if the Paul’s wanna get it on, LET’S DO IT..!!!”  🤪🤪🤪🤪 What a clown.

Tommy has truly found his level… WBC diarrhoea Champion 

Making fortunes. Fecking clowns. 

Can I join your circus, please.  :wonga: 

Na, I'll just sit here and judge in jkb, then go to work and bust ma ass, while these clowns relax, do some shopping, relax some more, buy some property,  sell some drinks, count their cash and relax again. 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 s

6 hours ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

“I’m done with all this crossover bullsh*t, but if the Paul’s wanna get it on, LET’S DO IT..!!!”  🤪🤪🤪🤪 What a clown.

Tommy has truly found his level… WBC diarrhoea Champion 

His Dad and brother even before this fight basically told him to go down this route they know he ain't got it but they also know he can make an incredible living fighting on these promotions 

Shooter McGavin

Eubank Jr vs Smith 200k-300k PPV buys, Tyson Fury vs Chisora 3 circa 500k PPV buys, Canelo vs Charlo around 600k-700k PPV buys, Joshua vs Helenius 700k PPV buys…

Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury did 800k PPV buys, and now KSI vs Fury has just done 1.3 million PPV buys.

YouTubers aren’t making a mockery of boxing, they’re taking over 😂

Edited by Shooter McGavin

58 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Eubank Jr vs Smith 200k-300k PPV buys, Tyson Fury vs Chisora 3 circa 500k PPV buys, Canelo vs Charlo around 600k-700k PPV buys, Joshua vs Helenius 700k PPV buys…

Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury did 800k PPV buys, and now KSI vs Fury has just done 1.3 million PPV buys.

YouTubers aren’t making a mockery of boxing, they’re taking over 😂

Worst of it is. They are taking over with scripted fights. Tommys last 2 fights he’s taken the uppercut he thrown regular in his first 8 fights right out of his offence for the YouTubers. 

I see showtime are leaving boxing aswell. After a year when they put on Tank v Garcia. Canelo v Charlo and Spence v Crawford that surprised me. 

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

im going volks tomorrow, thought he won first fight. Expect him to be a lot more aggressive and looks to get done early doors.

usman gets destroyed imho.

Both very interesting fights imo hard to tell how Volks one will go ( I too thought he won the first one ) with coming in a such short notice.Can Usman get back to anything near his best if not aye quick work for Chimaev 

22 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Great fights tbh, really looking forward to it.

In fairness my predictions for ufc are shite 😂

It's pretty unpredictable sometimes 

On 20/10/2023 at 21:37, vegas-voss said:

I want Volk to win not sure he will though.

Should never have took the fight fs. No proper camp. 

5 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Should never have took the fight fs. No proper camp. 

Exactly.  But there's no one in the ufc saving fighters from themselves.  Certainly not Dana.

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Exactly.  But there's no one in the ufc saving fighters from themselves.  Certainly not Dana.

True. Jones up next I think isn't it ?

Fury’s exhibition this weekend. 6 heavyweights fights on the undercard and roberto Duran jr fighting someone. Never knew he even had a son that box’d. 

as much as it’s an exhibition credit where it’s due for that Francis fella as UFC champion his biggest payday was 600k and in his boxing debut he’s taking home 8 million. I won’t be shocked to see Jon Jones follow suit after stipe fight and Sean O’Malley who’s already started hyping himself v tank davis. 

9 hours ago, KG1874 said:

Fury’s exhibition this weekend. 6 heavyweights fights on the undercard and roberto Duran jr fighting someone. Never knew he even had a son that box’d. 

as much as it’s an exhibition credit where it’s due for that Francis fella as UFC champion his biggest payday was 600k and in his boxing debut he’s taking home 8 million. I won’t be shocked to see Jon Jones follow suit after stipe fight and Sean O’Malley who’s already started hyping himself v tank davis. 

Big UFC card due in Saudi next year.I think it's the Saudis testing the water as there has been talk of them buying PFL if they do that then start stealing from UFC roster and grabbing new talent then UFC might have a problem as they will need to start paying fighters what they are worth cause if not the Saudis will.

Tyson fury to fight in the cage at some point Imo. He has been seen training MMA for a while now. 

Will be some sort of hybrid rules imo. 

I just want to see Fury v Usyk. Don't care about any other heavyweight fight. That's the one that will determine the best heavyweight since Lewis.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Big UFC card due in Saudi next year.I think it's the Saudis testing the water as there has been talk of them buying PFL if they do that then start stealing from UFC roster and grabbing new talent then UFC might have a problem as they will need to start paying fighters what they are worth cause if not the Saudis will.

Has there ever been a UFC Saudi card before? I know vince at WWE was one of the first to take sport/entertainment to Saudi and even tho Warren  had ties to Saudis when he promoted Prince nas the first boxing show over there was khan v dib am sure a few year ago, Can’t think of a ufc event in Saudi tho? 

If the Saudis get involved in MMA then once Dana leaves UFC will be in trouble 100% I agree. Ive always felt when McGregor crossed over the gate opened and before that there was nae avenue to make millions for a ufc fighter. 

5 hours ago, KG1874 said:

Has there ever been a UFC Saudi card before? I know vince at WWE was one of the first to take sport/entertainment to Saudi and even tho Warren  had ties to Saudis when he promoted Prince nas the first boxing show over there was khan v dib am sure a few year ago, Can’t think of a ufc event in Saudi tho? 

If the Saudis get involved in MMA then once Dana leaves UFC will be in trouble 100% I agree. Ive always felt when McGregor crossed over the gate opened and before that there was nae avenue to make millions for a ufc fighter. 

No never been one but one is due next year think Conor might be the main even UFC 300 maybe.There has been nobody apart from Conor been able to mega bucks really.GSP made good money and was the first selling out stadiums but not on Connors level then Rousey but again not earning on Connors level.PPVs Conor really pushed the bar up with those sales and  that's where the real money is but even then it's his cross over sales from Mayweather fight and then his Whisky sale that have really made his wealth.

• 2 weeks later...

Great stuff by Aspinall took a few heavy shots himself well then first real one he landed and it was all over.Very happy to see him with the belt just seems like a really good guy.

Great stuff by Aspinall took a few heavy shots himself well then first real one he landed and it was all over.Very happy to see him with the belt just seems like a really good guy.

Superb from Aspinall. Can't believe ref stopped pererria fight so quickly. Seemed totally fine 

7 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Superb from Aspinall. Can't believe ref stopped pererria fight so quickly. Seemed totally fine 

Jiri himself has said he thought it was the correct decision though.Sometimes I think in the UFC  folk think ( myself included ) fights should go longer but it's little gloves these guys are getting pounded with.The fight wasn't going much longer imo regardless so why take unnecessary punishment.

Jiri himself has said he thought it was the correct decision though.Sometimes I think in the UFC  folk think ( myself included ) fights should go longer but it's little gloves these guys are getting pounded with.The fight wasn't going much longer imo regardless so why take unnecessary punishment.

Did he say that in press conference ? Haven't watched it yet. Fair enough I thought it looking early stoppage even Joe and the lads said too. 

6 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Did he say that in press conference ? Haven't watched it yet. Fair enough I thought it looking early stoppage even Joe and the lads said too. 

He said he thought Goddard got it right as he was out

So chuffed for Aspinal, totally down to earth working class guy who never has a bad word to say about anybody.

This complicates things though, next title fight should be to unify the belts, Jones has already states the only fight that motivates him is the Stipe rematch. I wouldnt be suprised if we dont see Jones back.

When I watched the Pereira v Jiri fight live, I also thought it was an early stoppage. After I watched the finish again, I was less bothered.

Pereira landed in full mount with Jiri not really being prepared to defend himself. I think Goddard probably just saved him taking 5 or 6 more punches to the head from a brutal striker, in complete control. 

Probably for the best tbh.

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

When I watched the Pereira v Jiri fight live, I also thought it was an early stoppage. After I watched the finish again, I was less bothered.

Pereira landed in full mount with Jiri not really being prepared to defend himself. I think Goddard probably just saved him taking 5 or 6 more punches to the head from a brutal striker, in complete control. 

Probably for the best tbh.

Agreed and if the fighter himself was also honest enough to admit he was done then that is good refereeing. These are not little bar brawl punches getting landed. He could have been seriously hurt.

Jones v stipe makes next to no sense now. By the time jon returns stipe will be 42 and 4 year since his last win. 

2 champs in the division so who’s number 1? Obviously Tom will need to keep the belt until jon returns 

13 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

Jones v stipe makes next to no sense now. By the time jon returns stipe will be 42 and 4 year since his last win. 

2 champs in the division so who’s number 1? Obviously Tom will need to keep the belt until jon returns 

Did you see Stipe walking into the arena at the weekend , he looks like he needs a new hip.All it would be was one last payday for Stipe and a sad way to go out IMO.As for Jones I don't get what he gets from it at all it's not like you are facing the best heavyweight in his prime he is many years past that.Jones is an incredible fighter probably the best ever imo ( maybe Peds helped though ) I would like to see him really tested as a heavyweight though.

17 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Did you see Stipe walking into the arena at the weekend , he looks like he needs a new hip.All it would be was one last payday for Stipe and a sad way to go out IMO.As for Jones I don't get what he gets from it at all it's not like you are facing the best heavyweight in his prime he is many years past that.Jones is an incredible fighter probably the best ever imo ( maybe Peds helped though ) I would like to see him really tested as a heavyweight though.

I missed his entrance just noticed he was in attendance when they cut to him after the KO. I think your right all it would be was one last payday it’s no like he’s gonna fight once or twice to keep himself in contention while aspinal will need to stay active defending a title so if the stars aligned  for champ v champ and a guy who was starched in his last fight without a win for 4 years gets the nod it would be criminal. I always jump back and forth on jones or Demetrius johnson on who’s the best ever.

If jones final run is gane aspinal then almedia or blaydes that’s some way to go out. I think he will choose the stipe route tho He would’ve moved up to heavyweight with Francis and stipe in mind. Canny see him wanting to miss out on both fights. 

Bit of boxing news somehow they look to have got wilder and AJ fighting the same night, same card, only against different opponents Wilder/Parker Wallin/AJ way the winners fighting each other but I’m no convinced. 

AJ will be number 2 on the IBF rankings with a win against wallin and with fury/Usyk fighting in February way a rematch clause. That belt will be vacated after undisputed. That’s AJ’s golden ticket to be a 3x champ fighting hrgovic for the vacant belt I think that’s the plan rather than wilder next. 

Sure a mentioned it before but sunny edwards v bam 16th December don’t miss that. Sunny is an unreal talent just needs the big fights to prove it 

4 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

17th of February for Fury v Usyk. 

The fat man needs to stop chickening out of this. Usyk is probably at the stage he'd do it for free. 

30 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

I don’t think Usyk’s got what it takes to beat fury but hats off to him if he pulls it off and become a 2 weight undisputed champ. 

It’s back to the same old problem and they even mentioned it at the press conference. He’s 6’9” and 20st. Most top heavyweights now are absolute monsters compared to what they used to be. Tyson was 5’10”. Fury is a very good defensive fighter with an awkward style. How do you beat someone that size who can defend and keep you at arms length? 

20 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s back to the same old problem and they even mentioned it at the press conference. He’s 6’9” and 20st. Most top heavyweights now are absolute monsters compared to what they used to be. Tyson was 5’10”. Fury is a very good defensive fighter with an awkward style. How do you beat someone that size who can defend and keep you at arms length? 

Usyk is 6'3" which is only an inch shorter than Ngannou and taller than a Tyson or a Holyfield.

He also has an elite skillset and Fury won't have faced anyone with his ring IQ before. It's an intriguing fight and for all Fury's trash talk, no way is he underestimating Usyk.

4 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Usyk is 6'3" which is only an inch shorter than Ngannou and taller than a Tyson or a Holyfield.

He also has an elite skillset and Fury won't have faced anyone with his ring IQ before. It's an intriguing fight and for all Fury's trash talk, no way is he underestimating Usyk.

It’s still 6” difference. I’m 5’7” (sadly) and wouldn’t fancy fighting someone 6’1” with a big weight advantage. 
I think Fury will be focused as he’s nervous as he’s never fought anyone like Usyk before. Though I still won’t rule out a convenient training camp injury before we get to the fight date.