Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Unknown user
21 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Bottom part highlights why boxing is quite stale compared to UFC.

Whilst I understand that boxers aren’t performing monkeys, and want a lot of money for the risk they take and rightly so, it does lead to the sport being dull as dishwater at times.

The UFC has a main event just about two weeks. Which keeps things fresh and interesting when the belts are up for grabs. The best fight the best, which isn’t the case with boxing, or if they do it’s when both of them are about 5 years out of their prime.

Boxers seem to spend a year or two talking p*** on social media, dealing with about 5 different organisations, dealing with multiple different broadcasters, dealing with multiple different promoters, who all have their own agenda’s.

It’s no wonder it’s a fractured mess, and PPV worthy fights are few are far between.

I think UFC's gone too far and they've saturated the market, I find it pretty boring now

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

If you can’t wrestle you will Fail these days in UFC. 

Guess so bud. I’ve never managed to really get into it. 

17 minutes ago, Masonic said:

happy days for the bookies tonight with that joyce result

That Zhang is very good. I reckon he should be unbeaten too but that's a different story

Just watched highlights of the Joyce fight and reinforced my opinion of him.

He has a great chin (apparently has 5 times the bone density of the average person) but is so slow and cumbersome and easy to hit.

Zhang is decent but the outboxing he got last night would be nothing compared to what Usyk (who's already beaten him in the amateurs) and Fury would do to him.

Joe just needs to stop the Early rounds boxing and go for a stoppage in the first 3 rounds. No point taking punishment for a late rounds points decision. But he might be to old to change. A shame, I like the big man, reminds me of Lennox a wee bit. 

On another note, he might be average but he seems a good lad . :D

We're people actually calling Zhang a journeyman. :rofl: 

To be fare to JJ, fighting a Southpaw is quite frustrating. You tend to walk into their straight left. It's quite confusing to change your training. But he should have been ready. 

It's easier for a lefties, as they spar and fight mostly right handed  fighters. Southpaw v Orthodox.

Edited by ri Alban

6 hours ago, Costanza said:

Just watched highlights of the Joyce fight and reinforced my opinion of him.

He has a great chin (apparently has 5 times the bone density of the average person) but is so slow and cumbersome and easy to hit.

Zhang is decent but the outboxing he got last night would be nothing compared to what Usyk (who's already beaten him in the amateurs) and Fury would do to him.

If Fury fought him it would be a demolition job. Even worse than what Zhang gave him. 

Hope to see Fury v Zhang in the future. That would be a great fight. 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

If Fury fought him it would be a demolition job. Even worse than what Zhang gave him. 

Hope to see Fury v Zhang in the future. That would be a great fight. 

Fury only fights folk he knows he can beat. He's good, but he's beatable. And he knows it, after Wilder decked him multiple times. If Wilder could actually fight, fury would have been destroyed when he got back on his feet. 

Don't let your encounter with Tyson bias you in any way bud. He fooled me there for a while. He's everything everyone thought he was, his fake mental illness deflected it for a while.

Day@theraces
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Fury only fights folk he knows he can beat. He's good, but he's beatable. And he knows it, after Wilder decked him multiple times. If Wilder could actually fight, fury would have been destroyed when he got back on his feet. 

Don't let your encounter with Tyson bias you in any way bud. He fooled me there for a while. He's everything everyone thought he was, his fake mental illness deflected it for a while.

Fake mental illness? What makes you think he faked depression 

6 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

Fake mental illness? What makes you think he faked depression 

Why would someone who claims to have suffered mental illness, put another person down on mental health issues? He's just a big fat alkie coke head, who needed the good press. 

A total bullshitter.

Day@theraces
6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

This lad says exactly what I think.

I've mentioned on here before that I believe Fury is wary of Usyk as he is technically miles ahead of all the other HW's. Would watch the  video but can't stand him or his little pompous sidekick

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Fury to fight Pulev….

What a ****ing fraud :lol: 

Was that the massive news he was talking about the other day.**** sake and mugs will still buy ppv for it.

Unknown user
On 16/04/2023 at 18:17, ri Alban said:

Why would someone who claims to have suffered mental illness, put another person down on mental health issues? 

Maybe he's a prick 🤷‍♂️ 

I mean, I've seen the same on here. I took it to mean the poster was a w, not that he'd never experienced issues himself.

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Was that the massive news he was talking about the other day.**** sake and mugs will still buy ppv for it.

Aye. Huge fight news 🤣

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Fury to fight Pulev….

What a ****ing fraud :lol: 

It was confirmed last night that is a false rumour. Not happening. 

He’s fighting Andy Ruiz. Decent opponent tbf. However I think fury just dances around him and keeps him at arm’s length. 

jack D and coke
42 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It was confirmed last night that is a false rumour. Not happening. 

I think I’d have lost all respect for him had he fought Pulev at this point. 

20 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

He’s fighting Andy Ruiz. Decent opponent tbf. However I think fury just dances around him and keeps him at arm’s length. 

Decent opponent but far too small to get anywhere you’d imagine. 

Greedy Jambo
31 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Just fight Usyk and gies aw peace.

Bit harsh, mate, ive not even been training. 

7 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Bit harsh, mate, ive not even been training. 

I said Usyk, not Una Stubbs.

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Mate, just googled her, is she alan stubbs granny?

No, she's your sparring partner.

2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Mate, just googled her, is she alan stubbs granny?

😂 She was a wee waif skelp in her day!

Just now, Lovecraft said:

Isn't that illegal?

Now it would be, aye, dam those liberal lefties and their necrophiliac laws🤬

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Pavlovich deserves a shot at Jones.

In the name of keeping things interesting I think you're right, id imagine Blaydes was on his way to a shot with a win anyway. Dont see him causing Jones any trouble though. Moicic will still come first and get smashed.

Does the fight motivate Jones though , you get the impression he is doing a Conor and returning for the big fights , I am guessing Moicic and a returning Nganou are what he was hoping for. Not much to prove at this point.