Boxing and UFC

Masonic

2 hours ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

I was pretty ****ed when it finished this morning, did I hear Covington say he thought he'd won and that it was an easy fight?

I think he sees himself as the new Chael Sonnen.Never lost a fight 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Colby won 3 outta 5 rounds. You know the judges are against him and trump it's a joke. Rigged elections and rigged fights. Sooner these 2 make America great again the better 

32 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Colby won 3 outta 5 rounds. You know the judges are against him and trump it's a joke. Rigged elections and rigged fights. Sooner these 2 make America great again the better 

I’ll need to watch it back that’s the first I’ve heard anyone saying Colby won.Tongue in cheek or is that your genuine opinion?

Eyes are hanging out your head at daft o’clock so It’s easy to score fights wrong but I felt it was a comfy win for Edwards. 

1 hour ago, KG1874 said:

I’ll need to watch it back that’s the first I’ve heard anyone saying Colby won.Tongue in cheek or is that your genuine opinion?

Eyes are hanging out your head at daft o’clock so It’s easy to score fights wrong but I felt it was a comfy win for Edwards. 

Tongue in cheek mate lol was a very poor performance from Colby 😔😔

Looks like all welterweights are just waiting for Shavkat to take the belt. He looks very well rounded and he'll probably be champ this time next year. He looks like he'll be hard to dislodge. 

I'm curious if Chimaev can ever make 170 again because I'd love to see those two fighting. Probably at 185 if they do.

3 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Tongue in cheek mate lol was a very poor performance from Colby 😔😔

The only thing I can think of was that he'd hoped Edwards would be enraged and leave openings to attack

On 18/12/2023 at 00:28, cosanostra said:

Looks like all welterweights are just waiting for Shavkat to take the belt. He looks very well rounded and he'll probably be champ this time next year. He looks like he'll be hard to dislodge. 

I'm curious if Chimaev can ever make 170 again because I'd love to see those two fighting. Probably at 185 if they do.

Doubt it, he looks pretty comfortable at MW and with Izzy not holding the belt I predict it will change hands a couple of times next year.

On 18/12/2023 at 00:28, cosanostra said:

Still seems to fly under the radar Shavkat.Would much rather see him fight Edwards than Belal.

I also still feel folk underrate Edwards though and the guy is a ****ing good fighter.

Looks like Islam fancies being double champ though so that will be interesting 

Edited by vegas-voss

47 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Still seems to fly under the radar Shavkat.Would much rather see him fight Edwards than Belal.

I also still feel folk underrate Edwards though and the guy is a ****ing good fighter.

Looks like Islam fancies being double champ though so that will be interesting 

Not convinced Islam will be so keen to go to welterweight when giant, superb wrestler Shavkat is champ. He's keen when it's Edwards but I doubt he has the testicles to actively pursue Shavkat.

11 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Not convinced Islam will be so keen to go to welterweight when giant, superb wrestler Shavkat is champ. He's keen when it's Edwards but I doubt he has the testicles to actively pursue Shavkat.

Aye he has the physical advantage over him in every department.Personally I think Edwards would win as well.

The boxing Saudi card will be worth a watch this weekend.

Would be good if wilder or AJ take an L, or even both that would be a laugh but I can see wilder KO and AJ UD win. I’ll be suprised if Dubios doesn’t beat miller. 

One thing I don’t understand is how AJ is fighting on TNT when he’s on a strictly dazn only deal. 

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Aye he has the physical advantage over him in every department.Personally I think Edwards would win as well.

Likely. Edwards is massively underrated because he doesn't knock people out and he's a quiet dude. 

4 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Likely. Edwards is massively underrated because he doesn't knock people out and he's a quiet dude. 

Even after the worst provocation, he came out and calmly took the lad apart. That's what background can do, his family helped him put the emotion aside and allowed him to avoid being tripped up. That's pretty powerful with his ability.

Hopefully two entertaining fights to follow.

Expecting Wilder to score a KO.

Don't know what to expect in the other fight. AJ's been scared of getting hit for a few years now and he's a timid fighter these days. Having said hat, he's had a few "last chances" and has managed to come through them.

Tonight is another one of those.

2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Wilders got baguettes for legs

Just came on to post similar. It’s almost unnatural looking to see a man that size with legs like a 13 year old. 

Parker has done well here, but Wilder has lost that explosive punch, the only thing he really had, time has caught up on him and the likes of Fury 

Just now, VALDOS' said:

Parker has done well here, but Wilder has lost that explosive punch, the only thing he really had, time has caught up on him and the likes of Fury 

The hilarity when people started saying things like Fury was one of the best heavyweights in the hostory of the sport. Imagine him in with someone like Lewis who was a complete technician. Never mind a huge number of amazing boxers from the past. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The hilarity when people started saying things like Fury was one of the best heavyweights in the hostory of the sport. Imagine him in with someone like Lewis who was a complete technician. Never mind a huge number of amazing boxers from the past. 

Pretty much this. Fury's legacy is mainly from beating a terrible fighter like wilder.

He'll be exposed against usyk...if it happens 

The super heavyweight division has never been weaker.

It's been utter shite since the Klitschko's retired.

Fury's just slight less shite than the rest of them.

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

They're all lucky Usyk is a few inches taller or he would spent his career at HW and they wouldn't be getting a sniff.

If it carries on like this, AJ will stop this guy well inside the distance

*EDIT*.........and that's that. TKO.

Edited by Cade

Clinical but not exciting. People will claim the other guy stopped early but you’re not going to want to be getting hit in the face with a broken nose. 

That’s the final nail in the AJ v wilder coffin. Bubble well and truly burst. Wouldn’t even put wilders performance down to Father Time. Him not releasing that right hand was more mental than physical. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t retire. 

AJ looked the best he has in years. Can see him becoming 3x champ in March against hrgovic which could set up AJ v fury or Usyk rematch end of 2024 to Draw a curtain on this era but I would not be surprised to see winner of fury/Usyk retire with all the belts. 

It might no have been the most talented bunch but during class era it was bad and other than Dubios Moses Itauma and Anderson the next batch of talent isn’t looking good. 

15 hours ago, Cade said:

The super heavyweight division has never been weaker.

It's been utter shite since the Klitschko's retired.

Fury's just slight less shite than the rest of them.

I never seen many of vitali fights if any, only highlights but wlad’s reign was pretty boring and the division was pretty poor all round. When he lost the belts is when it opened up the division again just a shame we didn’t see this generation mix it up in their primes could’ve brought more excitement 

8 hours ago, KG1874 said:

I never seen many of vitali fights if any, only highlights but wlad’s reign was pretty boring and the division was pretty poor all round. When he lost the belts is when it opened up the division again just a shame we didn’t see this generation mix it up in their primes could’ve brought more excitement 

Vitali was better and more entertaining than his brother Wlad. Totally under rated fighter. 

Samuel Camazzola
19 hours ago, KG1874 said:

Vitali was beating Lewis in their match-up. It was a doctor's professional opinion which halted the fight due to the concern of a cut around the eye. 

In Wlad's fight with Joshua, the bell saved AJ. A couple of more seconds and the stoppage was coming. Kudos to AJ for digging deep to get the win as his legs had gone. 

• 2 weeks later...
ri Alban

AJ v Francis NGannou in Riyadh. Press conference on Jan 15.

Edited by ri Alban

indianajones
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

AJ v Francis NGannou in Riyadh. Press conference on Jan 15.

AJ sent to the shadow realm in this one imo. 

vegas-voss
13 minutes ago, indianajones said:

AJ sent to the shadow realm in this one imo. 

All depends on what one shows up.

AlimOzturk
On 25/12/2023 at 09:45, Samuel Camazzola said:

Vitali was beating Lewis in their match-up. It was a doctor's professional opinion which halted the fight due to the concern of a cut around the eye. 

In Wlad's fight with Joshua, the bell saved AJ. A couple of more seconds and the stoppage was coming. Kudos to AJ for digging deep to get the win as his legs had gone. 

The cut in the Lewis fight was caused by a punch. Lewis was starting to pick him off towards the back end of the fight and he would have caused permanent damage to Vitali had it not been a stoppage. It was a legitimate stoppage and clear win for Lewis. Despite a late change in opponent and Lewis clearly not fully fit and past his best. 

Dinny get me wrong Vitali put on a great showing and on another days stops lewis. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Thought AJ would’ve went the IBF route, suppose it makes sense if he topples francis that’s 2 of fury’s opponents that he struggled with. Sets the narrative for a AJ/fury showdown. 

am still puzzled at why fury never thrown more than 30 punches in a single round when he fought Francis tho he better be back to his usual output for undisputed fight against Usyk.