Zaliukas signing for (the) Rangers

tartofmidlothian

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There us no doubt Zal is a good signing for them.

TTFKAR big problem this season will be how long it takes the players who have been there the last few seasons to get back up to speed competing against full time footballers as opposed to part time opposition. That's where they have been found wanting.

Clerry Jambo

TTFKAR big problem this season will be how long it takes the players who have been there the last few seasons to get back up to speed competing against full time footballers as opposed to part time opposition. That's where they have been found wanting.

There is nothing to fear player wise in that current Rangers side, but Rangers & Celtic sides have always been instilled with that winning mentality down the years.

That's what we need, a bit arrogance if you like, but never believing you have "made it" after a couple of decent results

When we're playing the Alloa's and Cowdenbeath's of this league, we'll learn more about the management and players.

Jambo & (LA)Dodger

No ambition signing for that dross. The default club only taking money they dont have.

MrWinningSmith

Zak on the bench today for Sevco's game against Brora Rangers.

Agreed. They've spent two seasons playing against plumbers and electricians. Any time they've played against SPL opposition (except for one game against Motherwell I think) they've been a yard off the pace and been gubbed. It will take them 5 or 6 weeks to get up to speed.

We_are_the_Hearts

Sevco are scum of the earth. It's a shame we have a few brain dead knuckle draggers who sympathise with them

Alba gu Brath

Wrong move Zal.

At least Gordon aint going to one of our direct competitors and at least with Celtic has some sort of ambition.

Alba gu Brath

Sevco are scum of the earth. It's a shame we have a few brain dead knuckle draggers who sympathise with them

Yup. Every new dawn sees new hope for 'Sevco Rangers enter administration' headlines.

Walter Bishop

Zak on the bench today for Sevco's game against Brora Rangers.

Did he get on ? Think Brora won 1-0!! :wow:

MrWinningSmith

He is on the park now, I assume he came on at half time.

MrWinningSmith

He hasn't signed yet but is still on trial.

MrWinningSmith

It was 1-1... Boyle scored after being on the park a few minutes.

MrWinningSmith

Cheers for that!

Ian Black supplied the pass which led to the goal. It was a typical Boyd goal, he slotted it right past the keeper 1 on 1.

Ian Black supplied the pass which led to the goal. It was a typical Boyd goal, he slotted it right past the keeper 1 on 1.

That might just be the difference between them and the rest next season someone who can score goals in the blink of an eye. Just hope we can uncover a wee gem of our own!

Why would anybody - Zal or Cowie - when they still likely have another shot in England - come back up the road to that dirty shower of sh8te?

I dont understand the appeal. Rangers cant outspend English Championship teams anymore and dont have Europe as an option.

Its just a bizarre mentality.

They don't.

Blackburn and Watford were both in England last time I looked.

And Cardiff who offered Cowie a contract play in the English leagues.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

We should all be delighted our former captain is now at such a wonderful club. All we can do as a club is help Rangers regain their spot at the top of Scottish football as quickly as possible. It's all they deserve for their contribution to our game.

Its never nice to see one of our former players going to one of the ugly sister, but he was a bombscare, for every fantastic game he had you could be sure his next one would involve, a red card, an own goal, or a penalty

But we all have a living to make....including Marius

I hope he signs for Rangers, or whatever you want to call them, as he'll cost them goals until he's dropped. I've posted before that Zaliukas deserves his place in the history of Heart of Midlothian but he does make blunders and I hope Keatings, Carrick etc. take full advantage.

Jambof3tornado

For those not on twitter..

Kerching for big Zal ..

Marius Zaliukas has been offered a years contract with a year option for the club to sign on at Ibrox - ?4k with 100% increase on promotion

who decides if he stays for the extra year???

scott_jambo

That's a very sensible deal for both parties.

Are Rangers learning from their financial mistakes in the past?

For those not on twitter..

Kerching for big Zal ..

Marius Zaliukas has been offered a years contract with a year option for the club to sign on at Ibrox - ?4k with 100% increase on promotion

Which would trump what Miller and Boyd are (badly) rumoured to be on.

If I was Boyd especially, who must be in the same age bracket as Zaliukas, I'd be mightily peeved if Zal was getting that.

Then again if McCulloch goes up to ?17.5k a week then Zal has some bargaining tool too.

The share option / rights issue is going to have to be relatively successful.

alwaysthereinspirit

Its never nice to see one of our former players going to one of the ugly sister, but he was a bombscare, for every fantastic game he had you could be sure his next one would involve, a red card, an own goal, or a penalty

But we all have a living to make....including Marius

I'm going to have to see proof.............

Good deal for both parties. I'd imagine he'll also be made their vice-captain.

Do you reckon Wallace is going - Great news

or

Mcculloch is retiring / agreed a reduced pay off - Bad news

Do you reckon Wallace is going - Great news

or

Mcculloch is retiring / agreed a reduced pay off - Bad news

I reckon McCulloch will break down at some point. How old is he now - 41/42?

scott_jambo

I reckon McCulloch will break down at some point. How old is he now - 41/42?

McCulloch is horrific.

Zal on 4k and if they can ditch McCulloch on 17.5k then that is a fantastic bit of business. However I reckon McCulloch is tied down to a contract so there is no way they can shift him.

McCulloch is horrific.

Zal on 4k and if they can ditch McCulloch on 17.5k then that is a fantastic bit of business. However I reckon McCulloch is tied down to a contract so there is no way they can shift him.

Scott,

As much as I criticise him, and my Rangers mates call him the bin man, he is excellent in the air at both ends of the pitch, a good penalty taker and has the refs in his back pocket.

There are very few players in recent times that has got away with so many elbows and simulation. A little bit of me wouldn't mind if he was an either /or, but to be both really irks me.

Back to my Rangers mates, they actually want Lee Wallace to move to centre half - McCulloch win the headers and Wallace to cover and set up attacks.

Scott,

As much as I criticise him, and my Rangers mates call him the bin man, he is excellent in the air at both ends of the pitch, a good penalty taker and has the refs in his back pocket.

There are very few players in recent times that has got away with so many elbows and simulation. A little bit of me wouldn't mind if he was an either /or, but to be both really irks me.

Back to my Rangers mates, they actually want Lee Wallace to move to centre half - McCulloch win the headers and Wallace to cover and set up attacks.

Wow, and ruin Wallace's career even further...

Wow, and ruin Wallace's career even further...

I wouldn't be surprised if Wallace is a centre half later in his career.

gerryjambo41

I wouldn't be surprised if Wallace is a centre half later in his career.

I always thought his aerial ability let him down so can't see him being a centre back

scott_jambo

Better not beat his chest when he plays at Tynecastle....

The amount of grief he got from some of our own support, part of me hopes he does. Pity he is too classy an individual to do something so crass.

Gigolo-Aunt

No getting away from it that its an excellent signing for Rangers. The bonus is ability apart, they are getting someone who has played in Scotland and knows what to expect/will hit the ground running. From what I seen of them last term it was an area of the park they looked pretty average.

17k a week for McCulloch? That's really daft money - bet Rangers cant wait for that contract to run out.

Don Draper

I like Big Zal an' all that, but he was hardly Laurent Blanc.

wright1989

Zal and McCulloch as their centre-backs, this season cannot start quick enough. :bravo:

Zal will improve there defence 10x.

Archived