Zaliukas signing for (the) Rangers

tartofmidlothian

Alwaysinourshadows

Flung money about to help save the club, including auctioning his own shirt and buying it back for a four-figure sum. Owed God knows how much by Hearts and never said a word about it.

Show some respect to a club legend.

Well he did earn a pretty nice wage from us...

Respect him for signing for that mob? no thanks

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chester copperpot

I love these threads. People acting like he was either the worst player on the planet or the best thing since sliced bread.

He was a very competent SPL player, who unfortunately had the tendancy to make a shit load of stupid errors throughout the game. He mostly cut that out the last 18 months of his contract with us, however I'm not fussed either way.

It will all depend on what we do, not what that other mob do!

Christ, he's a bloody footballer, he's been offered a chance to sign for a team willing to give him a decent wage. That's what they do, that's what we all do. You'd think by the reaction on here that he'd deliberately spurned our offer to go on trial with them. Behave. He was our captain, he had a good couple of seasons with a group of players who were all playing for the badge. He left, had a poor time at Leeds and is, if signed, going to be playing with a group of mercenaries. Without the stability he needs and having to recapture his form, I can't see him having a great season, especially if the huns fans get on his back from the get go (as they seem to be doing).

Loved what he achieved with us but not going to shed any tears, especially if he ends up in a partnership with bouzid who couldn't get a game for killie.

:shitwine:

spot on,the guys overrated big time and is poised to sign for that shit,feck him

Someone missed the point a bit :lol:

Der Kaiser

With all due respect, Der Kaiser, you can **** right off.

:gok:

Why you mad bro?

Kickback should sponsor his kit as well.

julienbrellier

Exactly, I'm not sure about admin 2 for them but you can guarantee at least some off field shenanigans that will distract them.

We need consistency against the other teams, that's the only way we have been able to challenge them in the past.

THIS. Rangers will have a better squad than us come the start of the season because they are paying big money on players. Whilst I have a lot of belief in our squad, Rangers have more experienced tried and tested players who should produce it for them in the Championship. However, we can afford to lose to Rangers 3 times potentially assuming we can consistently beat the other teams. They had a far superior squad than us in 1997/98 and I don't think we beat either of the old firm even once in the league but we were able to challeng right up until March/April because we were far superior to the rest and showed amazing consistency against the lesser teams. No reason to think we cannot do this in the Championship.

Governor Tarkin

:gok:

Why you mad bro?

Kickback should sponsor his kit as well.

I aint mad homes, just politely responding to your 'not welcome at Tynecastle' chat, 'sall.

The Great Khali

I know it feels like he always got red cards but he only picked up 7 in 250 games, which averages at basically one a season.

He'll definitely not get sent off for any phantom headbutts this time round though!

I know that's what it roughly averages at but did he not get sent off 4 times in the 09/10 season? :lol:

******* legend.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

erm sorry but i wont be giving anyone wearing a rangers jersey a "rapturous reception"

Luckily a lot of us are bigger than that.

I know that's what it roughly averages at but did he not get sent off 4 times in the 09/10 season? :lol:

******* legend.

He is one player who certainly deserves the lenient refereeing that will now be coming his way. A few ankle shattering challenges with a ticking off from the referee will soon make up for the years of cheating he suffered before.

Generic Username

******* legend.

Was that the season where he lamped the boy from Falkirk, who was already on the deck?

I love him.

He could have murdered my entire family and it wouldn't matter.

Do what you like Zal, you mad, kestrel loving *******.

I certainly will - if there was ever a more over-rated player in maroon than Zaliukas, I can't recall him. Bog standard defender with a tendency to blow it too regualrly for comfort, elevated to Godhood by some fans because he liked to pump his chest.

And his wages will hopefully contribute to Admin II at Castle Greyskull...

Stepping aside from discussion on Zaliukas' merits as a player, if you honestly think we have a team/squad better than Rangers then you are mad as a box of frogs.

The last line, I like very much and agree this is still very much a possibility. It will be like Young Guns II and Aliens; A sequel as good or possibly better than the original.

Seymour M Hersh

Christ, he's a bloody footballer, he's been offered a chance to sign for a team willing to give him a decent wage. That's what they do, that's what we all do. You'd think by the reaction on here that he'd deliberately spurned our offer to go on trial with them. Behave. He was our captain, he had a good couple of seasons with a group of players who were all playing for the badge. He left, had a poor time at Leeds and is, if signed, going to be playing with a group of mercenaries. Without the stability he needs and having to recapture his form, I can't see him having a great season, especially if the huns fans get on his back from the get go (as they seem to be doing).

Loved what he achieved with us but not going to shed any tears, especially if he ends up in a partnership with bouzid who couldn't get a game for killie.

What is a "decent wage" for Zal in your opinion?

The Shed Floodlight

Never liked him.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

behave yourself, this is a Cup winning Captain you are talking about, so you never liked him when he lfted the Cup in May 2012. Pretty odd if you were the only one not cheering. If he does go to Rangers, then good luck to him, they obviously can offer more than we can, and if/when he does run out onto the pitch he will get a cheer from me as it can be said about thousands of other Hearts, fans who can see what Zal done for our club.

It's all ok, Zal is a jambo, there's a reason he's going there! We had Maybury at Hibs, now Zal at Rangers. Agent Zal reporting for duty!!

THIS. Rangers will have a better squad than us come the start of the season because they are paying big money on players. Whilst I have a lot of belief in our squad, Rangers have more experienced tried and tested players who should produce it for them in the Championship. However, we can afford to lose to Rangers 3 times potentially assuming we can consistently beat the other teams. They had a far superior squad than us in 1997/98 and I don't think we beat either of the old firm even once in the league but we were able to challeng right up until March/April because we were far superior to the rest and showed amazing consistency against the lesser teams. No reason to think we cannot do this in the Championship.

And in the end home results against Motherwell, Kilmarnock and St. Johnstone and a poor performance at Easter Road in the last quarter cost us albeit both OF had some poor results against 'lower' ranked clubs. We probably still needed to turn a couple of draws against the OF in to wins and the end result may have been oh so different.

Next season we are going to have to be consistently good at home, well above average away to be pretty much certain of one of the top 2 spots.

And while the current Rangers squad is bigger and better than ours, we still have to get into the players mindset that these guys are a far cry from the Rangers standard of old. Then again, the rest of the clubs will be saying the same about us.

Governor Tarkin

He is one player who certainly deserves the lenient refereeing that will now be coming his way. A few ankle shattering challenges with a ticking off from the referee will soon make up for the years of cheating he suffered before.

I.J smells blood. :D

Another nail in the Hun coffin

There is no way Zaliukas will be signing for less than 6k a week , The WATP triumphalism where they must been seen as the mighty Gers is what will send them into admin 2

They have learned absoloutley nothing in the last 2 years

Rangers are finished as a serious challenger to Celtic, the tims are over the horizon and out of sight from sevco

cosanostra

People should stop hanging their hopes on the Huns suffering another insolvency.

It's very Hibernian-esque.

As for Zal, I wouldn't abuse him at games or pretend he wasn't great for us but while he's a hun, he's just another hun player who wants to stop us from being promoted. He can **** off until he doesn't play for our main rival this season.

The Great Khali

Was that the season where he lamped the boy from Falkirk, who was already on the deck?

I love him.

He could have murdered my entire family and it wouldn't matter.

Do what you like Zal, you mad, kestrel loving *******.

Aye that's the one. I remember folk were wanting him in anger management classes.

I used to work in the petrol station co-op in currie and him and Novikovas used to come in every day on the way to training. I served him once and he had 34p change coming his way when he stopped me and said "wait, what can I get for 34p.... Hmmmmm.... HUBBA BUBBA, I will buy some Hubba bubba. This way I will get no silly coins"

A true hero. A big crazy ******* of a hero.

I.J smells blood. :D

What I do find very distasteful is the way a Scottish Cup winning captain is being treated on here, albeit by a very small minority.

You can't help but think that had he signed for Celtic rather than Rangers, their views would be quite, quite different.

What is a "decent wage" for Zal in your opinion?

It's relative to what, if anything, he's being offered else where. It'll be a damn site more than we'd be offering anyway. (Won't be less than they offered mcgregor and that was more than us). I would say a decent wage is the best of what's on offer weighed against the standard of football that's being played and your ambitions.

cosanostra

What I do find very distasteful is the way a Scottish Cup winning captain is being treated on here, albeit by a very small minority.

You can't help but think that had he signed for Celtic rather than Rangers, their views would be quite, quite different.

Understandable given that Celtic are not really our rivals this season but Rangers are.

Flung money about to help save the club, including auctioning his own shirt and buying it back for a four-figure sum. Owed God knows how much by Hearts and never said a word about it.

Show some respect to a club legend.

It was just over a grand wasnt it?

About 1/10th of his weekly wage. Thats equivalent of about ?50 for most of us.

Even his greatest fans, I doubt, can claim that at around ?10k a week he was not vastly overpaid by the club during his time with us. Not his fault - you take what you can get. But equally that contract earned him around ?1.5m to ?2m in 3 or 4 years of that contract, so I wont be crying into my spilt milk about him not being paid a few weeks of it.

Also, someone elsewhere has said that he isnt dropping his claim for cash from us - but obviously I dont know the truth of that.

Understandable given that Celtic are not really our rivals this season but Rangers are.

You're not daft, fella. You know EXACTLY what I'm alluding to.

Dr. Bapswent

He is a footballer, not a Hearts supporter.

Stop looking for reasons or explanations that arent there.

cosanostra

I do, I don't agree with you though.

The site of him playing against us at Tynecastle next year is going to be horrendous. Not all that likely if he signed for Celtic.

Regal Kingston

The starting XI of Rangers starting XI is looking older by the signing.

There's no sell on value for any of these mercenaries either.

Not the best run club these days -

Zaliukas was a great captain for Hearts - it cannot be denied.

I will give him a warm round of applause when he comes home.

He deserves it.

Jambo 4 Ever

The starting XI of Rangers starting XI is looking older by the signing.

There's no sell on value for any of these mercenaries either.

Not the best run club these days -

He deserves it.

What would the rangers starting X1 look like currently do you think?

Captain Canada

Always liked Zal. It will be interesting if we're up against him and Bouzid next season when we play the new gers. He can sign for who he likes. I would fancy Carrick and Nicholson to give him a tough time on the pitch.

He deserves it.

Correct. And with that I bid this thread and the bigots it contains adieu.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I'm thick as pig Shit and I know what your alluding to :devil:

cosanostra

Correct. And with that I bid this thread and the bigots it contains adieu.

Honest answer - would you feel the same if it was Hibs he was signing for?

I know the notion is absurd but imagine this was the scenario we were being faced with.

Governor Tarkin

OOFT. Controversial stuff.

rossthejambo

Oh Zal :sob:

I'll be giving him the respect he deserves as the captain of our great club in it's greatest ever cup final victory if he should ever return to Tynecastle.

It's nice to see the revisionism is alive and well though.

Folk will still continue to say they don't have a better team/squad than us, though.

Depends who the experienced players Levein promised he would sign are. Waiting...

cosanostra

Depends who the experienced players Levein promised he would sign are. Waiting...

We don't have the budget or the pulling power to attract the quality of players that will allow us to compete with the Huns re squad quality, over a season.

Zal was good for us but only when he had Webster next to him to keep him in line. He was never as good without Webster there and it showed again when he went to leeds.

I can see Zal and Moshni breaking th record for red cards in a season if they are put together.

Fourcandles

Another nail in the Hun coffin

There is no way Zaliukas will be signing for less than 6k a week , The WATP triumphalism where they must been seen as the mighty Gers is what will send them into admin 2

They have learned absoloutley nothing in the last 2 years

Rangers are finished as a serious challenger to Celtic, the tims are over the horizon and out of sight from sevco

Correct. I don't get these folks who don't realise the quality drop of the current Sevco team from any Rangers team of the past is huge, absolutely massive.

rossthejambo

Zal was good for us but only when he had Webster next to him to keep him in line. He was never as good without Webster there and it showed again when he went to leeds.

I can see Zal and Moshni breaking th record for red cards in a season if they are put together.

Absolute nonsense.

cosanostra

They won't get that many red cards for Rangers. Not going to happen.

Correct. I don't get these folks who don't realise the quality drop of the current Sevco team from any Rangers team of the past is huge, absolutely massive.

The drop in quality from past Rangers team is not an issue that concerns us.

The only issue that concerns us is how much better their squad is going to be this coming season.

Pressley?

Der Kaiser

I'm looking forward to a Return of the Jedi-esque crisis of conscience for Zal at Rangers.

With the game ebbing and flowing at Tynecastle, the conflict within him will grow and grow................, his head desperately trying to ignore his heart.....watching his own flesh and blood battle against the evil forces before finally....when all hope seems lost......the "good" in him prevails and (in slow motion mind) he blasts the ball in to his own net, poops in his own hands, slaps Sally across the face and then bursts into flames.

Even in his final season he was gifting goals left right and centre, I recall two goals away to st Johnstone when his positioning was utterly laughable. He has always been dodgy and is absolutely no legend in my eyes.

Rudolf's Mate

Decent guy, decent player when he cut out the silly moments.

We lauded Webster and there was many an argument over who was better of the two. Webster got injured and we panicked yet I recall Zal playing out his skin. Webby on his own without Zal was a different matter!

And I'm a huge fan of Webster.

chester copperpot

I'm looking forward to a Return of the Jedi-esque crisis of conscience for Zal at Rangers.

With the game ebbing and flowing at Tynecastle, the conflict within him will grow and grow................, his head desperately trying to ignore his heart.....watching his own flesh and blood battle against the evil forces before finally....when all hope seems lost......the "good" in him prevails and (in slow motion mind) he blasts the ball in to his own net, poops in his own hands, slaps Sally across the face and then bursts into flames.

:lol:

Brilliant.

The imagination of some folk on this site have really kept me going over these past 10 years and it's ones like the above that keep me coming back, no matter how down I get on this place.

Zal's gotta go where the money is. Loved him as a player, won't hate him for signing for a rival.

Players won't be the biggest problem for Rangers anyway, more their manager. Seems to struggle to hide his nasty streak these days with the cheeky chappie long gone and plays a two-faced game between the fans, fan groups and the spivs. And that's whilst he's had it relatively easy by outspending the lower leagues combined.

Pressure on? Might not be such a foregone conclusion that his aging squad will walk this league.

Even in his final season he was gifting goals left right and centre, I recall two goals away to st Johnstone when his positioning was utterly laughable. He has always been dodgy and is absolutely no legend in my eyes.

10x the player McPake ever was.

Archived