Zaliukas signing for (the) Rangers

tartofmidlothian

We were in administration and he was out of contract.

Webster, Barr and a large number of players could have done the same, but let's be realistic - they were never going to, and that was more than likely mutual between skint club and out of contract player(s).

Ok that's fine. I'm inclined to agree given the circumstances

But why all the ex player luv in and clamour to see anything that's worn the shirt return.

These guys have all done their bit - some more than others. Time to move on and look forward IMO

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he'll fail at Ibrox as he did at Leeds. The flaw in his game, lapses in concentration, still exists and that will inevitably lead to blunders and concession of goals- hopefully against Hearts. He'll eventually be dropped because there's no Romanov there to insist otherwise.

Zaliukas improved greatly when he had the composure and direction of Andy Webster playing alongside him, IMO, and deserves his place in Hearts' history but It doesn't bother me at all that he's gone elsewhere.

The Great Khali

Some serious butthurt on here whenever Zal takes some flak.

And rightly so

Tommy Wiseau

And I'm taking pelters for referring to some as welts FFS :lol: :lol:

This site :rofl:

Big Zal wasn't very good. He spent half his time driving around town in that weird looking Lithuanian white Merc smoking fags.

Did not rate him at Hearts, we have had far better centre halves in my 30 odd years watching the Jambo's.

He'll get sent of a couple of times, score a few o.g's and give away 4 or 5 pens.

Big Zal wasn't very good. He spent half his time driving around town in that weird looking Lithuanian white Merc smoking fags.

Did not rate him at Hearts, we have had far better centre halves in my 30 odd years watching the Jambo's.

He'll get sent of a couple of times, score a few o.g's and give away 4 or 5 pens.

His last 'mare-ish' moment in a Hearts jersey was giving away a penalty and being sent off at Easter Road, early 2011?

Might wear my Zaliukas shirt to Ibrox on the first day of the season.

Judging by this thread, it would raise an unimaginable amount of seethe :lol:

Jambos_1874

I am always sickened when one of our ex-players signs for The Hun. Say what you like about Hibs and even Celtic, but they are the most detestable club in Scottish football by a distance. Zaliukas will never have the same passion and dedication towards them as he did for Hearts and I'm sure he' just going there for a decent wage in the latter part of his career. I'll bet that if/when he lines up against us on the first match of the season that he'd rather be in a Hearts strip!

Although he is liable to the odd disaster (sometimes of Zibi or Makalamby proportions), he is still a very good defender and will cope no bother with Scottish Championship football. I can't see him being too comfortable with rapid players like Carrick, Nicholson, Patterson and Keatings (he's reasonably fast...I think) running at him and they should be able to expolit the fact that he is not quick at all. It's players like Wallace that we need to worry about as he is one of the few Hun players that I actually rate.

Snake Plissken

Zaliukas was a great player and an even better captain, it'll be a sad day if he goes to those mutants.

:sob:

wright1989

Zaliukas was a great player and an even better captain, it'll be a sad day if he goes to those mutants.

:sob:

Exactly, don't do it Zal. If anyone knows how to contact him I could get him a move on much better money abroad. I'm serious.

His last 'mare-ish' moment in a Hearts jersey was giving away a penalty and being sent off at Easter Road, early 2011?

Apart from his showboating at Ayr that lost us a LC tie in late 2011 and his errors v Livi in the same competition a year later, one which led to him being booked and the other a goal? The booking, when added to the one in the semi had ruled him out of the final before injury ended his season.

That's just two games I can think of when he wanted to, or felt he could, just stroll through games. Seems he felt Sheff Wed were below his level as well and there will be lots of Championship games he'll feel this way about. I think we've dodged a bullet here by him not coming back to us.

Apart from his showboating at Ayr that lost us a LC tie in late 2011 and his errors v Livi in the same competition a year later, one which led to him being booked and the other a goal? The booking, when added to the one in the semi had ruled him out of the final before injury ended his season.

That's just two games I can think of when he wanted to, or felt he could, just stroll through games. Seems he felt Sheff Wed were below his level as well and there will be lots of Championship games he'll feel this way about. I think we've dodged a bullet here by him not coming back to us.

Forgotten about them. :)

And that he was suspended for the final anyway.

Forgotten about them. :)

And that he was suspended for the final anyway.

...and that we lost the final because Locke couldnt manage a trip to Tesco

Exactly, don't do it Zal. If anyone knows how to contact him I could get him a move on much better money abroad. I'm serious.

A Thomson's Rep?

Guest C00l K1d

Can't believe folk are writing him off because he signed for the huns.

I don't really care for him now but let's not pretend he's shite.

Alan Johnson

No danger I'm reading through all of this thread. Can someone confirm whether he's signed for them yet or not?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

No danger I'm reading through all of this thread. Can someone confirm whether he's signed for them yet or not?

Ye 5 year deal, reported ?20k a week.

20k a week! You're joking, surely.

7adu7yvy.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Alan Johnson

:lol:

Not sure why I bothered asking, really.

Well I know someone who is Super excited to see young Marius return ....Even if it is to the Gers ..... Reunited at long last ......

Sadly I think this's an excellent signing for them. I really like him as a player and with the added protection from refs he'll get playing for one of the OF I think he'll be a great player for them. Sad but will always be a place in my heart for him.

h-e-a-r-t-s

This is wishful thinking until we know what Big Slim can do. The rest is spot on though.

How do we know Alim is better than zalukis?

Poor post.

Not one of them can be backed up with much fact.

You were saying? :smug:

:facepalm:

It was a pre season friendly. Let's wait till a few games into the actual season.

cosanostra

You're suggesting that Alim is better than Zal based on 45 minutes of a pre-season friendly?

Clerry Jambo

McCoist very confident he will sign and expects his budget to be "severely tested" over next few days...............

tartofmidlothian

You're suggesting that Alim is better than Zal based on 45 minutes of a pre-season friendly?

He's been waiting to post that, hasn't he?

tartofmidlothian

McCoist very confident he will sign and expects his budget to be "severely tested" over next few days...............

That's the right attitude, Ally.

Can it be possible no lessons at all have been learned?

Clerry Jambo

That's the right attitude, Ally.

Can it be possible no lessons at all have been learned?

He seems pretty keen on this Cowie who has turned down deal from Cardiff...

cosanostra

He seems pretty keen on this Cowie who has turned down deal from Cardiff...

Scotland international Don Cowie?

He was a good player when he was up here.

Clerry Jambo

I believe so

scott_jambo

Cowie is a fantastic player. Awful move for the boy.

As I said, rangers are developing a squad that could challenge celtic this year.

Is Cowie not also in his 30s?

What does McCoist mean by his budget getting tested?

Also, what players have left Rangers since last season - I mean first teamers.

Yes, he's rejected a new deal at Cardiff City and available on a free.

Rangers obviously looking to sign the best and most experienced players out there. There's no chance they can afford to not go up this year.

Let's just hope their clown of a manager manages to **** things up.

Alva-Jambo

Zal, well he did us some good turns, I don't mind if Sally plays him, we will still have a PARTY!

My one and only interest is that WE have enough players to be in the top two . We can do no more.

We still need 2-3 more good signings.

scott_jambo

Zal, well he did us some good turns, I don't mind if Sally plays him, we will still have a PARTY!

My one and only interest is that WE have enough players to be in the top two . We can do no more.

We still need 2-3 more good signings.

Why the top 2? Only 1 go up automatically so you might as well aim for top 4 now.

Why would anybody - Zal or Cowie - when they still likely have another shot in England - come back up the road to that dirty shower of sh8te?

I dont understand the appeal. Rangers cant outspend English Championship teams anymore and dont have Europe as an option.

Its just a bizarre mentality.

Clerry Jambo

Is Cowie not also in his 30s?

What does McCoist mean by his budget getting tested?

Also, what players have left Rangers since last season - I mean first teamers.

Jammy I took it that he has players lined up and hopes to get them signed up

Why would anybody - Zal or Cowie - when they still likely have another shot in England - come back up the road to that dirty shower of sh8te?

I dont understand the appeal. Rangers cant outspend English Championship teams anymore and dont have Europe as an option.

Its just a bizarre mentality.

They don't.

A wee bit confused.thought big zal had signed for the rangers.i didn't really read into the thread on him signing for them, so that's probably where my problem lies.i was a wee bit surprised to read that,yes,mccoist wants him but he hasn't actually signed as yet and the article points out that rangers success in signing cowie all depends on players leaving to free up the funds.good to know they're down to the pennies now.is there still hope the deal falters?.only time will tell.

Archived