Zaliukas signing for (the) Rangers

tartofmidlothian

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jambomjm74

Zaliukas was getting paid handsomely for his mediocre performances.

To some on here he was a martyr like figure who bled maroon.

Laughable.

What makes it worse is the way Pressley is vilified. Wait till Zal is giving it the chest thumps and Sevco badge kissing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

:shitwine:

Laughable.

What makes it worse is the way Pressley is vilified. Wait till Zal is giving it the chest thumps and Sevco badge kissing.

Name a great Hearts player from the last 15-20 years, and they were probably 'handsomely' paid.

Folk with a high level of Zal intolerance causing a thread to be on the brink of being locked?

Great.

It's all going a bit Pressley...

10, 9, 8..........

You could remove the "in" before the "tolerance" Kirkie and same result!!

Anyway why is there never a Stephen Elliott legend thread??

Sadly, all Zal threads go the same way.

Mind you, much like the MacDonald to Hibs thread from the weekend, a lot of revisionism is being done over their performances.

Laughable.

I agree with you.

Some of the misty eyed stuff on here re former players makes my toes curl.

Zaliukas could have stayed on for last season on vastly reduced terms if he wanted too - he didn't. I don't blame him for that but he took months to get off his hole to find a new club - a sign one could surmise that he wasn't exactly short of dough after being more than handsomely remunerated by HMFC.

Few other groups of fans behave toward former players the way some of ours do.

For such a lack of tangible success delivered and for terms they couldn't secure elsewhere

Sub4TiddlerMurray

I agree with you.

Some of the misty eyed stuff on here re former players makes my toes curl.

Zaliukas could have stayed on for last season on vastly reduced terms if he wanted too - he didn't. I don't blame him for that but he took months to get off his hole to find a new club - a sign one could surmise that he wasn't exactly short of dough after being more than handsomely remunerated by HMFC.

Few other groups of fans behave toward former players the way some of ours do.

For such a lack of tangible success delivered and for terms they couldn't secure elsewhere

In his first few years he got paid a lot less than others at the club simply because he was Lithuanian and Vlad had the upper hand. When he signed his last contract with Hearts he at least got paid a contract he had fully earned. He was a generous person and put more than others into charity actions, not because he was on fabulous wages but because he was a bit of a softy and club captain.

He was a great cup-winning captain for us and I'll be cheering him if he does show up playing for another club...even Sevco!

In his first few years he got paid a lot less than others at the club simply because he was Lithuanian and Vlad had the upper hand. When he signed his last contract with Hearts he at least got paid a contract he had fully earned. He was a generous person and put more than others into charity actions, not because he was on fabulous wages but because he was a bit of a softy and club captain.

He was a great cup-winning captain for us and I'll be cheering him if he does show up playing for another club...even Sevco!

He was on staggering wages - wages we could not afford to pay.

This is the bit some on here just don't get. Those they hero worship were the beneficiaries of the losses racked up that took our club to the very brink of oblivion.

If Zal and Rudi loved Hearts as much as some believe - why did they not hang around after expiry of their respective contracts and remain on terms that the club could afford to pay when they were arguably needed most.

I'm a fan of both players btw but some really need to get real

This is the bit some on here just don't get. Those they hero worship were the beneficiaries of the losses racked up that took our club to the very brink of oblivion.

If Zal and Rudi loved Hearts as much as some believe - why did they not hang around after expiry of their respective contracts and remain on terms that the club could afford to pay when they were arguably needed most.

Christ on a bike.

:cornette:

scott_jambo

Let the fans have their heros. You can't force someone to love Jamie McCallister more than Rudi Skacel because he was on less wages. Zal's a Scottish cup winner Hibs beating 51 captain and Rudi was our only goalscorer since Robbo.

Just leave them be.

Christ on a bike.

:cornette:

Care to laborate?

Both were paid so handsomely they virtually didn't have to seek employment after they left us. Zal waited months whilst Rudi has arguably been semi retired for the last two years.

Let the fans have their heros. You can't force someone to love Jamie McCallister more than Rudi Skacel because he was on less wages. Zal's a Scottish cup winner Hibs beating 51 captain and Rudi was our only goalscorer since Robbo.

Just leave them be.

I think you're missing the point

scott_jambo

I think you're missing the point

If you are obsessed with wages, would it not be better to start a thread about Larry Kingston, Pinilla or Beslija etc...

Zal put in 7 solid years and barely missed a game through injury. He accepted the money that was offered to him and would've accepted much lower if it wasn't for Vlad creating more money than the federal reserve.

If you are obsessed with wages, would it not be better to start a thread about Larry Kingston, Pinilla or Beslija etc...

Zal put in 7 solid years and barely missed a game through injury. He accepted the money that was offered to him and would've accepted much lower if it wasn't for Vlad creating more money than the federal reserve.

You do get why Administration transpired and that we were on the brink of oblivion?

scott_jambo

You do get why Administration transpired and that we were on the brink of oblivion?

Yeah, because of Zaliukas and Skacel obviously.

Years of overspending and mismanagement for about 15 years?

Yeah, because of Zaliukas and Skacel obviously.

There you go again. That's not what I stated.

My point is that various former players are heralded on here. Some have been paid extremely well. Others have burgled money like the 3 you mentioned earlier. It's conjecture to state that MZ would have stayed for less money during his spell with us.

Skacel has done absolutely nothing for 2 years since the cup final. Zaliukas took months to get a club. My point re the the latter is that could he perhaps have stayed on ast season - even until Christmas on a modest sum when the club needed him most?

I'm as big a Rudi fan as anyone. But he has left Hearts twice. First time I completely understand. Second time............................ I'd he really need too...............

rossthejambo

My point is that various former players are heralded on here. Some have been paid extremely well. Others have burgled money like the 3 you mentioned earlier. It's conjecture to state that MZ would have stayed for less money during his spell with us.

Skacel has done absolutely nothing for 2 years since the cup final. Zaliukas took months to get a club. My point re the the latter is that could he perhaps have stayed on ast season - even until Christmas on a modest sum when the club needed him most?

I'm as big a Rudi fan as anyone. But he has left Hearts twice. First time I completely understand. Second time............................ I'd he really need too...............

This has to be an elaborate troll.

Has to be.

scott_jambo

Skacel walked into Tynecastle and thought "this is a couple of grand more a week than I expected...I might as well be Hearts best player since Bauld and pull pints at the Brauhaus".

What a scumbag.

Some people really can`t move on. Far better centre halves have came and went at Hearts but the fans and club got on with it as you have to.

Its like the support is full of bairns now.

If Zal turns out for Rangers , so what? I`m only concerned with who is at Hearts now and how we are going to improve and show that there can be a new generation of heroes at Hearts, or players who will outshine those who have been around in the game for years and go on to be the names people will talk about.

I`m always grateful to former players who have given us great times and memories and they`ll always be there in mind and on DVD but you must keep moving in football and look to the next success whether its with current heroes or would be heroes.

What's that? Colin Cameron was (allegedly) on 10k a week, even when he was injured in 1998/99?

CLUB KILLING SCUMBAG.

When he first arrived he was murder, absolutely brutal. To his credit he stuck at it and eventually settled, giving 3 decent seasons IMO. He's a decent player and obviously a bit of a hero to some and if he signs for Rangers then so what!!

He wasn't exactly inundated with offers when he left first time, eventually joining Leeds. Looks like he's not got much on offer just now either and has had to settle for a trial at Rangers. It's the guy's livelihood and he needs something.

People shouldn't be offended that he may sign for Rangers, it's not personal FFS.

Der Kaiser

Has to be.

I'd question the use of the word "elaborate" in your post. Everything else is spot on.

So Zal and Rudi chose unemployment because Hearts made them mega rich? :cornette:

Zal had trials with Rangers and QPR before signing for Leeds.

Rudi has been training with Hearts and coaching kids for free in the last few months.

Old Hearts

Bombscare chasing the cash. Shock!!

He's yesterdays news. Look forward, not back. Onwards and upwards with the new regime.

Has to be.

Some just cant have anything said

He's yesterdays news. Look forward, not back. Onwards and upwards with the new regime.

We must always look back and cherish those that almost bankrupt the club.

It's just the rules

Stupid Sexy Flanders

It's just the rules

:lol: Christ Almighty.

The Great Khali

It's just the rules

13975%20-%20Livewire%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20glasses%20jim_cornette%20suit%20wwf.gif

gorgie al 1960

Some people really can`t move on. Far better centre halves have came and went at Hearts but the fans and club got on with it as you have to.

Its like the support is full of bairns now.

If Zal turns out for Rangers , so what? I`m only concerned with who is at Hearts now and how we are going to improve and show that there can be a new generation of heroes at Hearts, or players who will outshine those who have been around in the game for years and go on to be the names people will talk about.

I`m always grateful to former players who have given us great times and memories and they`ll always be there in mind and on DVD but you must keep moving in football and look to the next success whether its with current heroes or would be heroes.

It's just the rules

Did some players play for free like?

jambojardine7490

Does this mean we can sing "you're just jambos in disguise!" when "the rangers" come visiting?

gorgie al 1960

brilliant and exactly what most people of my age are thinking as well - oops should be attached to previous post!

Teuchterjambo

Out of hiding at last Old Hearts !

Couldn't agree more with your second line ... people need to stop looking for answers to the present in the past.

I was actually converted to Zal but as I have said earlier he should be judged over the whole period he was with us and not just the good finish. Going to The Rangers means nothing to me ... we did not offer him what he wanted 2 years ago and we have not offered anything at all now. He is unemployed if the Rangers offer him a job then he is entitled to take it, Levein and Neilsen have decided not to go there so that is good enough for me.

tbh here is where im at

did i like zal at hearts - yes

was he a bombscare at times - yes

will i applaud him when he plays against us - absolutely not

portobellojambo1

I'm not going to scroll through 6 pages of KB pish. Has Zal signed for Rangers or not?

It would appear he is on trial with them, which isn't the same as has signed. Cannot recall the circumstances but when he went there on trial after leaving us did he turn them down because he didn't fancy it there or because he got a better offer from Leeds United. I'm not sure it is a certainty he will sign for them, I suppose where he wants to settle may play a part, and how long he plans on continuing playing. If he plans on heading back to Eastern Europe once retired and an offer comes in from a club in that general region geographically he may prefer that. He is out of work, so it isn't unreasonable to expect he will look at any offers which come his way.

Did some players play for free like?

Don't think so.

Did some obtain sums they wouldn't have achieved elsewhere? Undoubtedly.

Don't think so.

Did some obtain sums they wouldn't have achieved elsewhere? Undoubtedly.

Players like Cameron, Adam, Niemi, Gordon and Pressley were all making decent sums as well. That doesn't mean I'm going to completely write them off and blame them for the financial funk we were in last year.

Players like Cameron, Adam, Niemi, Gordon and Pressley were all making decent sums as well. That doesn't mean I'm going to completely write them off and blame them for the financial funk we were in last year.

But I've not written anyone off either.

I just don't understand the clamour for all things former players. And I maintain that Zal could've stayed on for at least the early part of last season if he had wanted too.

Guest C00l K1d

It's just the rules

196175.gif

But I've not written anyone off either.

I just don't understand the clamour for all things former players. And I maintain that Zal could've stayed on for at least the early part of last season if he had wanted too.

We were in administration and he was out of contract.

Webster, Barr and a large number of players could have done the same, but let's be realistic - they were never going to, and that was more than likely mutual between skint club and out of contract player(s).

Archived