Zaliukas signing for (the) Rangers

tartofmidlothian

Generic Username

Even in his final season he was gifting goals left right and centre, I recall two goals away to st Johnstone when his positioning was utterly laughable. He has always been dodgy and is absolutely no legend in my eyes.

Goals conceeded in Zaliukas's last season with Hearts : 49

Goals conceeded the following season without Zaliukas : 65

Goals conceeded in the 7 sesaons Zaliukas was with Hearts : 310, an average of 44.28 goals a season (Zaliukas only playing 192 of those league games)

Goals conceeded in the 7 seasons prior to Zaliukas joining Hearts : 310, an average of 44.28 goals a season

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goals conceeded in Zaliukas's last season with Hearts : 49

Goals conceeded the following season without Zaliukas : 65

Goals conceeded in the 7 sesaons Zaliukas was with Hearts : 310, an average of 44.28 goals a season (Zaliukas only playing 192 of those league games)

Goals conceeded in the 7 seasons prior to Zaliukas joining Hearts : 310, an average of 44.28 goals a season

I rate Zal. I really do.

But comparing the Vlad era to others is a bit pointless for me.

punkrockcroc

What is it with the Huns and wanting our past players ?

It's because Mcoist wouldn't know a decent player if he kicked him up the erse, he only signs players on a decent past reputation, just a rank manager.

Generic Username

I rate Zal. I really do.

But comparing the Vlad era to others is a bit pointless for me.

It was literally just a straight 7 years compared to the previous 7 man, wasn't thinking any deeper than that.

A with/without comparison. Absolutely nae idea how I'd calculate variables into it all like Romanov/adminstration!

glastonbury jambo

this is bad news if rangers actually shore up there defence.....fat sally is obsessed by us though.

Zal won't be signing for less than 6k a week, according to the Media Boyd and Miller signed for 2k a week

Figures don't add up

I think he will have other options and I doubt he will sign for Rangers when he knows he wii get better money elsewhere

Remember only 2 years ago he was on 10k a week at Hearts, he's not gonna drop his wage demands too low, he is just 30 , these are his peak years in a football earning capacity

Spitonastranger

Folk will still continue to say they don't have a better team/squad than us, though.

Maybe but its how you play as a team and you forgot to add fat sally will be managing them :2thumbsup:

Caspian Primrose

It's because Mcoist wouldn't know a decent player if he kicked him up the erse, he only signs players on a decent past reputation, just a rank manager.

His signings haven't been exciting and lack imagination, you can see why the Rangers fans are unhappy at the influx of ex jambos and other Premiership journeymen. With the wages these guys are on it's not unreasonable to expect a higher quality of player than they have currently. However McCoist knows they'll do a job and they have so far. He seems to be happy at scraping by on the bare minimum of expectations. I expect them to stroll the league. I have my fingers crossed that we could maybe put them under a bit of pressure to see how they cope. Guy I work with knows one of their players and apparently a lot of them hate being there, hate the football, hate the abuse from fans and only put up with it because of the wages. If we can unsettle them, I'd be interested to test their resilience, see if they've got the stomach for it. They are team full of mercenaries where as I think our team will fight for the jersey.

Oh and Zal was a great player for us...eventually.

I'm looking forward to a Return of the Jedi-esque crisis of conscience for Zal at Rangers.

With the game ebbing and flowing at Tynecastle, the conflict within him will grow and grow................, his head desperately trying to ignore his heart.....watching his own flesh and blood battle against the evil forces before finally....when all hope seems lost......the "good" in him prevails and (in slow motion mind) he blasts the ball in to his own net, poops in his own hands, slaps Sally across the face and then bursts into flames.

:laugh:

The Great Khali

It really upsets me to see Pressleys name appear on Zaliukas threads.

Happens every time.

It was literally just a straight 7 years compared to the previous 7 man, wasn't thinking any deeper than that.

A with/without comparison. Absolutely nae idea how I'd calculate variables into it all like Romanov/adminstration!

Suppose I'm just thinking Zal was at the club when we were cash daft, chucking money at great players and winning cups.

The time before and after he was with us, less quality at the team, less money, struggling for cups.

Hard to compare really with any sort of meaning. For me anyway.

All that aside I think he's a fantastic centre half when it comes to playing in Scotland. He has his 'moments' but the great outweighs those.

Suppose what im trying to say is the stats show Hearts were better when he was with us. Not that Zal made the stats better......

Goals conceded in Zaliukas's last season with Hearts : 49

Goals conceded the following season without Zaliukas, McGowan and Webster : 65

FTFY

William H. Bonney

It really upsets me to see Pressleys name appear on Zaliukas threads.

Happens every time.

I know how you feel. There is no comparison. Zaliukas couldn't ties pressleys laces.

10x the player McPake ever was.

I'm 10x the player McJake (fixed that for you) is.

Captain bombscare could make the difference in our taking the title

For them or us?!

Cup winning captain and legend.

Hope he doesn't as he is good.

Yep. Him and Gordon.

What I do find very distasteful is the way a Scottish Cup winning captain is being treated on here, albeit by a very small minority.

You can't help but think that had he signed for Celtic rather than Rangers, their views would be quite, quite different.

Sorry I'm not getting that.

You are unhappy that Zal is getting slagged off by some JKB'rs.

Are you saying that if he had signed for Celtic they would not be slagging him off?

Sorry I'm not getting that.

You are unhappy that Zal is getting slagged off by some JKB'rs.

Are you saying that if he had signed for Celtic they would not be slagging him off?

Not quite. Think of the oft used, utter horseshite argument that has been used on here a million times before about another ex-Scottish Cup winning Hearts captain.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

If he's wanting anything above 4 grand then Rangers or Celtic it is I suppose. If he's ok with a bit less a Premiership team would surely come in for him. If he can drop to 1-2 grand he'd be a massive signing for us and I'm sure would love to come back. On the other hand maybe it's good to move on and find new heroes.

People are entitled to their opinions, whether you or I agree with them or not, but to call fellow hearts fans "welts" for simply posting opinions you disagree with is a bit rich is it not ?. I don't agree with some of the postings re Zal on here either but I'm not going to lambast fellow jambos for doing it.

I have come to the conclusion that either some of the guys posting here are h1b5 fans or we have some supporters who like to insult others online as a way to compensate for their poor lifestyle and life choices. It is probably a mix of the two but id like to prefer it was my original thought of being undercover h1bs fans.

We should not be frightened of facing HMFC version 2010-2011

If these players were wearing maroon jerseys and ours were in blue the press would still make Rangers favoirites

I have come to the conclusion that either some of the guys posting here are h1b5 fans or we have some supporters who like to insult others online as a way to compensate for their poor lifestyle and life choices. It is probably a mix of the two but id like to prefer it was my original thought of being undercover h1bs fans.

It is a pity that some on here cannot have a debate without resulting to personal name calling. In some cases it is down to the lack of intellect to argue your point in an adult fashion.

Tommy Wiseau

People are entitled to their opinions, whether you or I agree with them or not, but to call fellow hearts fans "welts" for simply posting opinions you disagree with is a bit rich is it not ?. I don't agree with some of the postings re Zal on here either but I'm not going to lambast fellow jambos for doing it.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with differing opinions. You're best sticking to the photoshopping and trawling Kerrydale Street, my friend B)

rossthejambo

Tell me it's not got to the stage on here where folk are going to start throwing their toys out their pram because they've been called a welt? :lol:

I get that he left us for an english team and i was happy with him for everything he had done for the club but to later on go to the old firm when he prob has other offers from all over the world is a slap in the face no matter which way u look at it

Tell me it's not got to the stage on here where folk are going to start throwing their toys out their pram because they've been called a welt? :lol:

I think it is the ones resorting to infantile "Welt" calling that have thrown their toys out of the pram. Others on here will continue posting in an adult fashion.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with differing opinions. You're best sticking to the photoshopping and trawling Kerrydale Street, my friend B)

Is that really necessary? Tedious.

can i just add i will be booing the big lug for the 90 mins against the team that was formally glasgow rangers, that's all .........

rossthejambo

I think it is the ones resorting to infantile "Welt" calling that have thrown their toys out of the pram. Others on here will continue posting in an adult fashion.

If making up lies about a player to fit in with their old and tired agenda is "posting in an adult fashion" then I'll stick with being infantile if it's all the same.

Why are you calling hearts fans "welts" then ??.

Probably because the vast, vast, VAST majority of Hearts fans are welts.

Is "welt" not pejorative?

In the same way that cretin or gimp might be considered to be so?

john brownlee

Maybe he just wants a couple of seasons in Scotland where he will have a level playing field from the racist referees

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe but its how you play as a team and you forgot to add fat sally will be managing them :2thumbsup:

I have mentioned on this very thread he's the one that gives us a fighting chance of the title. He's like a loyal Locke.

Governor Tarkin

I know how you feel. There is no comparison. Zaliukas couldn't ties pressleys laces.

Agreed.

cosanostra

I have mentioned on this very thread he's the one that gives us a fighting chance of the title. He's like a loyal Locke.

Correct.

The fact is that they have a clown as a manager. He's thick as pig-shit and Rangers will be hobbled by him managing him.

Maybe he just wants a couple of seasons in Scotland where he will have a level playing field from the racist referees

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If they where racist why would he get a level playing field?

Der Kaiser

My old neighbour was a nice old chap. Landscape gardener. Sometimes he would even cut our grass without us asking and he wouldn't even accept anything as a thank you. Nice guy. Then he moved away with his wife. I've heard he cuts his new neighbours grass now........arsehole.

Guest C00l K1d

Nah its alright, its the good side of the old firm he's signed for. Now if it was Celtic....

What I do find very distasteful is the way a Scottish Cup winning captain is being treated on here, albeit by a very small minority.

You can't help but think that had he signed for Celtic rather than Rangers, their views would be quite, quite different.

:) Distasteful :)

Come on.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Governor Tarkin

It's prob just the Hun sympathisers who cannot take any negative posts about an ex hearts players possibly joining them tbh.

Cheerleading for sevco is a big thing on here, even if it's to the detriment of Hmfc.

No hun sympathisers on here, only proper Hearts men and welts.

Zaliukas was getting paid handsomely for his mediocre performances.

To some on here he was a martyr like figure who bled maroon.

Laughable.

What makes it worse is the way Pressley is vilified. Wait till Zal is giving it the chest thumps and Sevco badge kissing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

:shitwine:

Folk with a high level of Zal intolerance causing a thread to be on the brink of being locked?

Great.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

It's prob just the Hun sympathisers who cannot take any negative posts about an ex hearts players possibly joining them tbh.

Cheerleading for sevco is a big thing on here, even if it's to the detriment of Hmfc.

:facepalm: FFS.

Clerry Jambo

Folk with a high level of Zal intolerance causing a thread to be on the brink of being locked?

Great.

You could remove the "in" before the "tolerance" Kirkie and same result!!

Anyway why is there never a Stephen Elliott legend thread??

Archived