Zaliukas signing for (the) Rangers

tartofmidlothian

IMA MAROON

all this apparent financial trouble they are in. It must be complete and utter bollocks. Miller, Boyd, Zal and McGregor?

Those are the players with wages they would sign if they were going into Europe after winning the league.

It'll just be wishful thinking.

We do need to sign some experienced players to help our youths.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingantti1874

Yep inclined to agree, I said the squad they were promoted with was nothing to be fearful of... They are still not a "great" side but far stronger than we are after the additions they've made

jack D and coke

What's with all the negativity?

I suppose you can call it negativity I call it realism mate. I hope I'm wrong but they will get every decision going this season on top of having a stronger squad. How long have you been watching Scottish football exactly? Penalty for them on the opening day? It's almost a nap IMO.

Still think we can win the league. Just because they have organised a strong team it doesn't mean their defence will gel or that Ally can set them up properly. Miller and McGregor could break down first game. Boyd might not like getting kicked all over the box.

There is so much more than just individual players making it look like a good team.

I have said it before. Look at what Atletico Madrid did to Barca and Real.

tartofmidlothian

Still think we can win the league. Just because they have organised a strong team it doesn't mean their defence will gel or that Ally can set them up properly. Miller and McGregor could break down first game. Boyd might not like getting kicked all over the box.

There is so much more than just individual players making it look like a good team.

This.

I'm not expecting it, but there's no reason we can't give it a go if we get everything just right. Either that or have a serious tilt at 2nd and a playoff win.

Rangers are a collection of good players with in my opinion an average coach at very best. Plus a lot of those players have been softened up by the last two seasons.

**** Rangers, old and new. **** their signing policy, **** their management and **** their idiotic fanbase.

I still think we can take them. They're not going to win every game, even with the "amazing" squad they're building.

We will just have to find out on the first game of the season how good they really are.

Without Webby to carry him through games Zaliukas will be useless so not worried.

NextGenerationJambo

Excellent post. Wish we would get rid the defeatist attitude. The quality of the teams is a hell of a lot closer than it has been in previous years.

madjambofraser

I remember in the 80s how we were called Dads Army and Glasgow Rangers B team. Funny how things change now they are The Rangers Dads army / Hearts B team.

Teuchterjambo

I'm not surprised tbh. Zal is fond of the cash and fat salary is fond of dishing it out. Marriage made in heaven. He looked pretty average at Leeds so I hope that form carries on at worst or continues to slide at iboke.

Agree with that ... i was one of the guys who was converted to looking at Zal as a decent player but ... he was with us for 6 years the larger part of which was mediocre at best followed by a couple of good seasons. He then obviously did not cut it at Leeds and here he is coming back to about his level.

Too many people are judging Zal on the evidence of the 2 decent seasons instaed of over the whole period.

I also suspected that his words of support did not ring as genuine as others like Gowsers and at the end of the day like most players he will chase the dollar. I also suspect that he may have had some loyalty to the "old regime".

So here we are and he is going to Greyskull, doubt he fits the profile at Tynecastle anyway so he is not choosing them over us ... things change , move on.

He's a very good player when he's on it. But his concentration has always been suspect and in a league where that's going to be his biggest challenge then it might be a problem.

Chris Benoit

So this is going to turn into another character assassination on the back of a rumour aye? Count me out!

tartofmidlothian

**** Rangers, old and new. **** their signing policy, **** their management and **** their idiotic fanbase.

I still think we can take them. They're not going to win every game, even with the "amazing" squad they're building.

We will just have to find out on the first game of the season how good they really are.

:yas:

Post of the thread. Hopefully none of the pantwetters on this thread have any influence over our team or players.

tartofmidlothian

Ally McCoist has an extremely lazy scouting network.

The main lesson here.

The Old Tolbooth

I think some folk are forgetting that Zal is still a hero with the Hearts fans ffs, the stick he's getting on here is ridiculous!

Hahaha - good old Zaliukas

Its ok if he takes as long to get used to Championship football as it did for him to get used to the SPL we'll be fine.

I am genuinely not concerned about Zaliukas joining them. He's an average player - which you can see from where his career has (or rather hasnt ) gone. He did ok for us and obviously ticked a few "cult hero" boxes, but meh.

Couldnt have disappeared more quickly when we went into administration. Got found out in England.

He's dead to me.....

:antlers:

Dr. Bapswent

I think some folk are forgetting that Zal is still a hero with the Hearts fans ffs, the stick he's getting on here is ridiculous!

I think some folk are forgetting that Hearts fans are generally neanderthals with season tickets and are more likely to lash out that give things any real deep thought.

Pans Jambo

See all this "he's a legend" mince! It has to stop! Zal could not give a rats erse about Hearts. He's went there for the wages.

In my supporting life there's only been 2 true legends and fan favourites at this club: John Robertson and Rudi Skacel.

Wish we would stop putting average players on a pedestal. Zaliukus was called "bombscare" for a reason!

Not for 1 minute saying he's not a decent enough player but this worship nonsense has to stop.

Sevco are welcome to him and any other ex-Hearts player. The key part of that sentence was "EX".

We have nothing to fear from them and anyone who thinks we won't run them close needs to go and put a nappy on!

Oh well. Rangers flexing their financial power again. Player seeks decent wage. Rangers determined to get promoted. Nothing we don't already know.

Should help them get that play-off place but Falkirk and then whoever finishes 11th will still tough to beat.

Zal still a hero for me but looking forward to the bombscare DVD.

Clerry Jambo

See all this "he's a legend" mince! It has to stop! Zal could not give a rats erse about Hearts. He's went there for the wages.

In my supporting life there's only been 2 true legends and fan favourites at this club: John Robertson and Rudi Skacel.

Wish we would stop putting average players on a pedestal. Zaliukus was called "bombscare" for a reason!

Not for 1 minute saying he's not a decent enough player but this worship nonsense has to stop.

Sevco are welcome to him and any other ex-Hearts player. The key part of that sentence was "EX".

We have nothing to fear from them and anyone who thinks we won't run them close needs to go and put a nappy on!

You've got to remember mate that Robinson, Barr, Elliott, Taoiul are a much "legends" as BIG ZAL

most of the gers fans over on the "den" don't want him because he knocked them back the last time plus they think he is a bombscare kinda ironic that when they still have Lee McCulloch

The Comedian

yas!.gif

Post of the thread. Hopefully none of the pantwetters on this thread have any influence over our team or players.

Yep, a few seem to have jobbied it before we've even finished rebuilding.

The Great Khali

If the captain of the team who won that cup final can't be considered a legend then I'm no really sure what the qualifying criteria of a legend is.

If the captain of the team who won that cup final can't be considered a legend then I'm no really sure what the qualifying criteria of a legend is.

Hey - dont turn this into a Pressley thread.....

:toilet:

Yep, a few seem to have jobbied it before we've even finished rebuilding.

Very much this, spot on.

Folk will still continue to say they don't have a better team/squad than us, though.

I certainly will - if there was ever a more over-rated player in maroon than Zaliukas, I can't recall him. Bog standard defender with a tendency to blow it too regualrly for comfort, elevated to Godhood by some fans because he liked to pump his chest.

And his wages will hopefully contribute to Admin II at Castle Greyskull...

Spot on.

Chris Benoit

If he does sign for them I'm sure come the first game of the season he'll conduct himself with more dignity than Presssssssssssssley did.

loveofthegame

They had a better squad than Raith too.

One off game... we are looking at beating them over a season. Not going to happen unless they do go back into admin.

We're playing for 2nd place IMO.

As for Alim being better than Zal, or even having more potential :rofl: How the **** can anyone say that when not one of us has seen him play. He might be god awful. Here is hoping he turns out to be a superstar but for all we know he might be a huddy (wouldn't be first time someone has arrived from abroad with a great rep and been poor).

Brave Hearts

Another ex Hearts player to go along with Bouzid, Wallace, Black and Templeton. Will be interesting to see how many of our players they will bid for, come January or next season.

Should they now be called The Mini Jambos ..................

Pans Jambo

I certainly will - if there was ever a more over-rated player in maroon than Zaliukas, I can't recall him. Bog standard defender with a tendency to blow it too regualrly for comfort, elevated to Godhood by some fans because he liked to pump his chest.

This!

Fourcandles

What's very strange is everyone clinging on the belief that they are going to go pop... Their owners know that when they start winning a few games all will be forgiven... They will get to at least the same attendances ad last season and probably more

Err no, what's strange is those folks not believing that they have been losing C. ?1,000,000 per month last season.

And even that on 35,000 ST holders, double what they have this year .

Don't know how fans " forgiving" this is going to help. . .???

The Mighty Thor

Aw naw...based on a story in a paper that most PHM wouldn't wipe their arse with a former Hearts player who is considerably past his best may be signing for a team spending way beyond their means?*

Tidy.

*If true I hope his next shit's a hedgehog.

We can play for second place if 1st is no longer possible. Aim for 2nd and that's what you'll get. I'll concede if Rangers win all their games but its looking closer just now. Agree with others that man to man Rangers are not way ahead plus they've still got McCoist.

If he does sign for them I'm sure come the first game of the season he'll conduct himself with more dignity than Presssssssssssssley did.

They wont win so he wont get the chance

:-)

I would suggest that he has perhaps achieved "cult hero" status with some of the fans on JKB

Quite right and if it continues I fully expect a flag or 2 to make an appearance.

I like this post.

Alwaysinourshadows

If he signs for them then he is just another hun **** in my eyes. I take it they don't have a scouting network?

quincy adams wagstaff

right on the button,zal gave away so many pens it got to the stage I thought he was doing it on purpose,hardly a huge signing

What - like sprinting 60 yards to celebrate a goal in front of the Gorgie stand, kissing the badge and chest thumping in front of the away end, jumping up and down in wild celebration going down the tunnel?

No chance - big Zal has too much class for that.

A cracking signing for them if true, adding to an already quality squad.

They should piss the league but whilst Ally is in charge we always have a chance.

gorgie rd eh11

I think some folk are forgetting that Hearts fans are generally neanderthals with season tickets and are more likely to lash out that give things any real deep thought.

:dribble:

:goofy2:

:stuart:

kingantti1874

Err no, what's strange is those folks not believing that they have been losing C. ?1,000,000 per month last season.

And even that on 35,000 ST holders, double what they have this year .

Don't know how fans " forgiving" this is going to help. . .???

Well they have no lending facilities so they must be bust by now right? On no wait they're not !

Very little of the losses they made to date was "fees" ergo the board taking money out of the club... Their playing wage to turnover ratio was very small... Their board simply won't milk them as much this year... They have no real debt and the people who own them have too much riding on it to let them fail...

The problem rangers have is they have a board who's primary objective is to make money not lose it so over the long term they will suffer.

Its funny - people slate players and managers that have been at Hearts has not having the right mentality and approach when playing Celtic or Rangers. They praise foreign players who dont have that "second best" mentality.

Then you look at all our fans running for the hills when they sign a couple of players....

Pans Jambo

right on the button,zal gave away so many pens it got to the stage I thought he was doing it on purpose,hardly a huge signing

Feel like I'm flogging a dead horse here but every time he was in a 1 on 1 situation my heart was in my mouth!

Hope he continues this. Our forwards will press him and either get a deflected goal or a penalty off this guy.

Archived