4 more signings?

Gorgie Aggro

Rust Cohle

That's a really strong team for the championship which will create lots of chances, my only concern is I don't thing we have a prolific goal scorer in the squad like the rangers have. I honestly think we have a far better starting 11 than the rangers but a Miller or a Boyd type player would give us goals.

Spoke with the laddie this morning, who is down in Manchester working, saying he spoke with a few of the players yesterday after their training session and they expect a couple of new players to join them on trial when they return home after the game today.

He watched the team train yesterday and couldn't believe the length of the sessions RN was demanding from the players but he said the players where enjoying the new training schedule. He was very very impressed with RN and SC's coaching technics and says we can expect a quick attacking team this season as all the drills where based on quick passing and moving and shifting the ball from one side of the park to the other with midfield player breaking through in front of the forwards.

Patterson and McHattie spent long spells at training overlapping, getting to the bye line and drilling balls into the box.

Where were they training, out of interest?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maroonlegions

That's a really strong team for the championship which will create lots of chances, my only concern is I don't thing we have a prolific goal scorer in the squad like the rangers have. I honestly think we have a far better starting 11 than the rangers but a Miller or a Boyd type player would give us goals.

Spoke with the laddie this morning, who is down in Manchester working, saying he spoke with a few of the players yesterday after their training session and they expect a couple of new players to join them on trial when they return home after the game today.

He watched the team train yesterday and couldn't believe the length of the sessions RN was demanding from the players but he said the players where enjoying the new training schedule. He was very very impressed with RN and SC's coaching technics and says we can expect a quick attacking team this season as all the drills where based on quick passing and moving and shifting the ball from one side of the park to the other with midfield player breaking through in front of the forwards.

Patterson and McHattie spent long spells at training overlapping, getting to the bye line and drilling balls into the box.

" with midfield player breaking through in front of the forwards".

:sob: Rudi...

pressgang22

Spoke with the laddie this morning, who is down in Manchester working, saying he spoke with a few of the players yesterday after their training session

Sorry who was it you spoke with?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

How is Berra getting on at Ipswich?

Player of the season last year and a fan favourite.

Sound's very positive. Looking forward to this season.

Arthur Morgan

" with midfield player breaking through in front of the forwards".

:sob: Rudi...

More like a Hartley type midfielder :sob:

People questioning Buabens quality as a signing for the championship. Sometimes I question all faith in our future as a species.

Lower English Championship sides would consider him worth a shot. Same with Gomis and Ozturk is looking immense.

We are building a team that would walk into the SPL top 6 right now under the right manager. If we sign someone we KNOW is going to bag 20 goals next season I would consider it job done provided we get the luck with injuries and suspensions. We now have a squad that can cope with that to a degree though as we will have more depth as well.

It's looking really good right now.

I'd feel more confident about next season if we signed Buaben.

I agree Scot. He would be fantastic for us.

MrWinningSmith

This and a keeper to challenge Alexander. I'm happy with having Alexander as number 1 but it would be good to have a back up with a little more experience.

Punks No Deid

I'd feel more confident about next season if we signed Buaben.

can't disagree, especially as he's tried n tested with Gomis as a partnership

People questioning Buabens quality as a signing for the championship. Sometimes I question all faith in our future as a species.

Lower English Championship sides would consider him worth a shot. Same with Gomis and Ozturk is looking immense.

We are building a team that would walk into the SPL top 6 right now under the right manager. If we sign someone we KNOW is going to bag 20 goals next season I would consider it job done provided we get the luck with injuries and suspensions. We now have a squad that can cope with that to a degree though as we will have more depth as well.

It's looking really good right now.

he was with Carlisle who let him come to Partick, where he couldn't get a game.

He's been a good player so I wouldn't write him off but he has something to prove

Punks No Deid

He's been a good player so I wouldn't write him off but he has something to prove

a player with a point to prove seems to tie in with CL, RN ethos

Sometimes we are guilty of remembering a player for what he was not for what he is.

Signings need to based on reality not fiction and given his recent record is Bauben better than what we have ?

Would be very happy if we sign Buabin...although I must stop pronouncing it boabin'...as in boabin' bursds

MrWinningSmith

He must have impressed a little to be asked to come to Edinburgh to train a little. N doubt he will get another run out against Hmilton on Wednesday so we can further judge then.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Feel exactly the same. Lost his way, maybe we can help him

So in theory all these people that want rudi back are forgetting about the fact he was mince at Dundee utd and got released?

Sometimes we are guilty of remembering a player for what he was not for what he is.

Signings need to based on reality not fiction and given his recent record is Bauben better than what we have ?

I would imagine if signed it'll be based on what our coaching team have seen, not what they remember.

jamboinglasgow

Yup, he has the attributes and proven himself in Scotland. If Robinson is out long term then it allows Buaben is fit in and when Robinson comes back As for the his time at Carlisle and Partick Thistle, he actually played regularly for both clubs last season.

plastic_bas

Can you imagine the seeth across the road

Alexander

Paterson ozturk Wilson McHattie

Gomis Buaben

Nicholson holt el Hassanaoui

Keatings

I know that this isn't the main thrust of this thread but am I the only one who thinks Holt isn't a number 10. Despite his physique he seems more suited a deeper midfield role. He's got more in common with Barry Ferguson than Colin Cameron in my eyes

Clerry Jambo

I know that this isn't the main thrust of this thread but am I the only one who thinks Holt isn't a number 10. Despite his physique he seems more suited a deeper midfield role. He's got more in common with Barry Ferguson than Colin Cameron in my eyes

He's certainly not a "wee Mickey" mate

Yup, he has the attributes and proven himself in Scotland. If Robinson is out long term then it allows Buaben is fit in and when Robinson comes back As for the his time at Carlisle and Partick Thistle, he actually played regularly for both clubs last season.

Him, Gomes and Holt would be superb.

The problem with Holt is we`ve only really seen him in short spells because of injury and initially being drip fed into the team when he was a bit younger.

Personally, i think he is a player you want playing further forward as he has the brain , technique and passing ability to open teams. He`s shown he can score goals from midfield and he knows how to time his runs to support the front man. He`d be a total waste , imo, sitting further back.

jamboinglasgow

Him, Gomes and Holt would be superb.

Add in Robinson, and have Beith as reserve then you have a great selection of central midfielders.

plastic_bas

The problem with Holt is we`ve only really seen him in short spells because of injury and initially being drip fed into the team when he was a bit younger.

Personally, i think he is a player you want playing further forward as he has the brain , technique and passing ability to open teams. He`s shown he can score goals from midfield and he knows how to time his runs to support the front man. He`d be a total waste , imo, sitting further back.

I'll honest I've never seen holt make a well timed run into the box. I'm not even sure I've seen hom create a chance with an incisive through ball. These aren't criticisms. His best performances for me have all come from keeping the ball moving intelligently from deep.

Happy to be corrected on the above. It could just be that he needs more time playing in advanced positions but I'm always happier when he's playing further back.

Add in Robinson, and have Beith as reserve then you have a great selection of central midfielders.

Only seen Beith a couple of times for the young boys. He a big prospect would you say?

I'll honest I've never seen holt make a well timed run into the box. I'm not even sure I've seen hom create a chance with an incisive through ball. These aren't criticisms. His best performances for me have all come from keeping the ball moving intelligently from deep.

Happy to be corrected on the above. It could just be that he needs more time playing in advanced positions but I'm always happier when he's playing further back.

My point is i think he has that ability to play attacking mid. Off the top of my head i remember his run off Sutton at Parkhead and he scored from a deflection, followed up a one-two v ICT and thumped in a fine finish. He was up with play v Celtic last season and scored an equaliser, he hit a superb volley v Ross County two seasons ago.

There`s other tit bits of play i remember from two seasons ago where he was up in the box and getting efforts in on goal. Admittedly all a bit sporadic(due to aforementioned reasons) but for me he`s shown he likes to get forward and that`s his nature.

The Old Tolbooth

So in theory all these people that want rudi back are forgetting about the fact he was mince at Dundee utd and got released?

To be fair, Houston hadn't a clue how to play Rudi, and I honestly don't think his heart was in it playing for them anyway, when he really wanted to be back at Tynie, but I agree and accept the decision of the new regime that he's a bit old to be offered a contract these days, but would love to see him back as a coach but at some point but I'm not hung up on it like a lot of people appear to be.

Ibrahim Tall

Andrea Pirlo is all of those things and plays nowhere near the position you'd put Holt in.

I'm not claiming Holt will ever be anywhere near Pirlos level but the SPL/Championship is nowhere near Serie A and he can be equally if not more effective in a withdrawn role than one directly behind the strikers where he lacks a lot more of the characteristics required.

Yes indeed. Just like Levein was mince with Scotland and got released. Just like Craig Levein was mince with Leicester and got released. Just like Paul Hartley was mince with Hibernian F C and got released.

Speaking for myself, I think Hartley went on to do rather well and I certainly haven't written off Levein even if he is on threshold of a gargantuan error in not signing Skatcel.

Ibrahim Tall

Yes indeed. Just like Levein was mince with Scotland and got released. Just like Craig Levein was mince with Leicester and got released. Just like Paul Hartley was mince with Hibernian F C and got released.

Speaking for myself, I think Hartley went on to do rather well and I certainly haven't written off Levein even if he is on threshold of a gargantuan error in not signing Skatcel.

That Skacel lad was no bad aswell.

rudi must stay

Buaben has lost his way a bit. Just like Hartley had before he came to us.

looking at his career, getting Buaban would be abit of a coup. Certainly a good signing for the squad, if his wage demands are reasonable

kylelauren01

My God when will people let go. Rudi Skacel is not coming as a player. Let it go, please let it go.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

A 25 gal striker from wherever and we can win league

25 gal a season?

Welcome home Pinilla. :wub:

jamboinglasgow

My God when will people let go. Rudi Skacel is not coming as a player. Let it go, please let it go.

Yup. As a coach its where he can make his future, if he takes up the offer.

MrWinningSmith

I still think there should be a ban for anyone that suggests Skacel to come back as a player,

I still think there should be a ban for anyone that suggests Skacel to come back as a player,

Really? The seeth seems to be strong here!

I'm with you mate, he's wasted being stuck further forward

All roads lead to Gorgie

25 gal a season?

Welcome home Pinilla. :wub:

25 gal a season, it won't be Pinilla, too conservative a number.!!!

siegementality

As opposed to someone who was loaned out to Partick Thistle from Carlisle Utd?

Archived