4 more signings?

Gorgie Aggro

MrWinningSmith

My God when will people let go. Rudi Skacel is not coming as a player. Let it go, please let it go.

CORRECT.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oldcastlerock2012

I know that this isn't the main thrust of this thread but am I the only one who thinks Holt isn't a number 10. Despite his physique he seems more suited a deeper midfield role. He's got more in common with Barry Ferguson than Colin Cameron in my eyes

Seeing how Holt develops is one of the things I'm most looking forward to this season. He has very good technique and is comfortable on the ball but I'm not sure exactly what he can do in an attacking sense as we've only seen it a few times. Difficult to assess in last year's team and might be difficult this year too - might see the best of him when he's got more experience around him.

He's definitely not a 'water-carrier' or midfield destroyer or box-to-box midfielder - maybe he could end up more of a deep-lying playmaker in the Bruno Aguiar mould? Barry Ferguson - or even Derek Ferguson? - is not a bad shout too. He's definitely no Cameron or Hartley so far. I think we need someone with more dynamism and attacking threat to play in the hole as a traditional no. 10 like you say, but apart from trying Smith or Walker there he seems like the best fit we have for that role at the moment. Be interesting to see what Neilson and Levein can get out of him.

Heartsfc_1874

Heard today from my source that There is 4 more signings prior to season starting :

1xGK

2xMidfielders

1xST

merseyjambo

As opposed to someone who was loaned out to Partick Thistle from Carlisle Utd?

Can people please get away from dismissing players because of the team they last played with. Our DoF started life at Cowdenbeath. Scottish football can no longer compete with the wages of most clubs in England.

As for Rudi. Do people really believe that so one who has barely kicked a ball in the last 12 months can still do a job??? What if he comes back and he's garbage????

My God when will people let go. Rudi Skacel is not coming as a player. Let it go, please let it go.

No. No way. Absolutely not. No chance.

Never.

He will be back.

Annie and I kno wthe score.

Think I'll start a Bring Back Rudi thread.

Heard today from my source that There is 4 more signings prior to season starting :

1xGK

2xMidfielders (Buaben and Currie maybe)

1xST

That would be a good amount of signings making it 9 signings in total with 5 in already (Gomis,El Hassnaoui,Ozturk,Alexander and Keatings)to replace the 8 that left (Combe,Stevenson, Hamill, MacDonald, Ridgers, McGowan, Tapping and McCallum)

Just the goalie and striker still needed then :)

1xGK

2xMidfielders

1xST

The name KEN ILSO was flying about twitter yesterday Danish player free agent were supposedly looking at

No idea if true

Buaben has lost his way a bit. Just like Hartley had before he came to us.

Hartley was a first pick in St Johnstone's team and when he became available we weren't the only interested parties.

Jambof3tornado

That would be a good amount of signings making it 9 signings in total with 5 in already (Gomis,El Hassnaoui,Ozturk,Alexander and Keatings)to replace the 8 that left (Combe,Stevenson, Hamill, MacDonald, Ridgers, McGowan, Tapping and McCallum)

Just the goalie and striker still needed then :)

doesnt give us a particularly bigger squad, Will RN have enough op-shuns???

tartofmidlothian

People questioning Buabens quality as a signing for the championship. Sometimes I question all faith in our future as a species.

Lower English Championship sides would consider him worth a shot. Same with Gomis and Ozturk is looking immense.

We are building a team that would walk into the SPL top 6 right now under the right manager. If we sign someone we KNOW is going to bag 20 goals next season I would consider it job done provided we get the luck with injuries and suspensions. We now have a squad that can cope with that to a degree though as we will have more depth as well.

It's looking really good right now.

Really good positive post. Aside from maybe the Buaben to lower Championship bit.

tartofmidlothian

I'd feel more confident about next season if we signed Buaben.

Yep.

tartofmidlothian

1xGK

2xMidfielders

1xST

If this is true I'd be wondering about cover at RB and Lb. Unless Currie could cover the latter. Who's our second choice RB right now, Smith or Hamilton?

1xGK

2xMidfielders

1xST

:pleasing:

loveofthegame

If this is true I'd be wondering about cover at RB and Lb. Unless Currie could cover the latter. Who's our second choice RB right now, Smith or Hamilton?

McGhee probably as RB

doesnt give us a particularly bigger squad, Will RN have enough op-shuns???

As only 1 more player than last season, I think as long as the quality is as good then this will be a thumbs up to the next lot of young players stepping up, too many squad players may limit their chances.

Think we are heading towards the right blend of experience to youth in our squad, being lucky on the injury front for the first time ever will no doubt lead to a fab season.

ST sales continuing the way they are will help too :)

Getintaethem

As only 1 more player than last season, I think as long as the quality is as good then this will be a thumbs up to the next lot of young players stepping up, too many squad players may limit their chances.

Think we are heading towards the right blend of experience to youth in our squad, being lucky on the injury front for the first time ever will no doubt lead to a fab season.

ST sales continuing the way they are will help too :)

While a agree that the youngsters should get opportunities, I would like to see one or two more experienced players come in. Only Gomis and Alexander are in that category for me, in what is still a very young squad.

el_jambo74

Seeing how Holt develops is one of the things I'm most looking forward to this season. He has very good technique and is comfortable on the ball but I'm not sure exactly what he can do in an attacking sense as we've only seen it a few times. Difficult to assess in last year's team and might be difficult this year too - might see the best of him when he's got more experience around him.

He's definitely not a 'water-carrier' or midfield destroyer or box-to-box midfielder - maybe he could end up more of a deep-lying playmaker in the Bruno Aguiar mould? Barry Ferguson - or even Derek Ferguson? - is not a bad shout too. He's definitely no Cameron or Hartley so far. I think we need someone with more dynamism and attacking threat to play in the hole as a traditional no. 10 like you say, but apart from trying Smith or Walker there he seems like the best fit we have for that role at the moment. Be interesting to see what Neilson and Levein can get out of him.

Holt should flourish if we play a passing game. Not sure Locke and Brown played a style that suited him. RN definitely seems to be playing from the back, and he's got a centre half & midfielder in who can play football (Ozturk and Gomis) rather than panic (McGowan, and Hamill). Add to that Keatings and Souffian's movement, and he's suddenly got options for a pass also. It's all geared up for him. Hopefully he can stay clear of injuries and kick on.

The name KEN ILSO was flying about twitter yesterday Danish player free agent were supposedly looking at

No idea if true

Don't know if he's any good or not but according to Wiki

- he's had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus

- he's hardly what you might call a prolific scorer

Despite that I shall put my trust in RN/CL.

Don't know if he's any good or not but according to Wiki

- he's had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus

- he's hardly what you might call a prolific scorer

Despite that I shall put my trust in RN/CL.

He was a regular pick for a Bundesliga team just over a year ago. Admittedly not a top Bundesliga team, but I'd imagine it's still a higher standard than the Scottish second tier.

:shitwine:

Ken Ils? - as in Ken Larsen?

Good news - he was great in FM08, ergo he'll be a magnificent signing.

All we need now is a YouTube compilation and JKB bingo is complete :jjyay:

Alan Johnson

Recently played in China. Recommendation from Gowser?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

On Twitter - he does look as if he was still in China at the end of June. Obviously that doesnt mean anything much, other than it didnt look as if he was basing himself in Europe to get a move back here...

Alan Johnson

So he's a two footed attacking midfielder who likes a shot from range? :arry:

Interesting that we're looking at guys like him, Soufian and Keatings who can play up front or in the hole/wide.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

I wonder what kind of calling could make him come to Scotland? Maybe he has a hankering for a fried half pizza and chips

If we don't sign a left back this summer, I'll be pretty concerned.

BlingCrosby

No idea if true

The name Ken Ilso hasn't been uttered on twitter relating to us anywhere public that I can find. That's some free kick in the clip though.

Was in China you say, I wonder who in China could have been singing our praises. It's not like there's an ex fans favourite who also happens lot be a huge jambo and proves it at every opportunity including football's greatest stage :)

If we don't sign a left back this summer, I'll be pretty concerned.

Lee Currie can play at left back, if we sign him.

FWIW I think we will.

Jamie Borthwick now following him.

Could be something in it.

Most likely picked up from here.

Dr. Bapswent

Is that not him just doing his job?

Hungry hippo

Maybe just to keep an eye on this rumour though.

Is that not him just doing his job?

To be fair, it's quite surprising for a journo in Scotland.

King prawn

That video of Ken Ilso includes every goal he scored for Dusseldorf (6) and a couple of assists by the looks of things

If we made one of Nade just scoring goals please don't tell me you'd sign him again on that basis

No doubting the quality of Ozturk and Wilson but I'd like to see a centerback on his way out with decent experiance that can play every so often to keep them fresh

No doubting the quality of Ozturk and Wilson but I'd like to see a centerback on his way out with decent experiance that can play every so often to keep them fresh

You mean like Brad McKay?

And push McKay even further down the pecking order? No thanks.

Hoping for Buaben to sign, another GK and a target man up front. Would be great if we could also sign a utility style player who can cover most defensive areas if required. We have loads of attacking midfield style players who can play up top but only really Carrick who is an out and out striker. Our CM options will also be limited given any injuries suspensions so would imagine Currie will sign as back up for CM/LB.

but only really Carrick who is an out and out striker.

Keatings is an out and out striker.

rossthejambo

I get the impression that Robbie has looked at the likes of Liam Smith and reckons that they can do a job as back up to Paterson/McHattie if needed.

I get the impression that Robbie has looked at the likes of Liam Smith and reckons that they can do a job as back up to Paterson/McHattie if needed.

I think Liam Henderson has consistently shown that he deserves to be our left-back for this season...

:look:

wright1989

Hoping for Buaben to sign, another GK and a target man up front. Would be great if we could also sign a utility style player who can cover most defensive areas if required. We have loads of attacking midfield style players who can play up top but only really Carrick who is an out and out striker. Our CM options will also be limited given any injuries suspensions so would imagine Currie will sign as back up for CM/LB.

A tall strong strong guy that's good in the air? I don't think we need one TBH, we have Patterson who is excellent at corners, free kicks. We won't be 'gittin it in tae the mixer' or aimless punts from Jamie McDonald.

Archived