4 more signings?

Gorgie Aggro

Geoff Kilpatrick

More pertinently, do we need more midfielders? Another striker and a defender should be higher priorities.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I'm led to believe he's correct. A deal has been agreed. Whether that's just a safety thing so that if he impresses it's all been agreed I don't know but I have been told he's agreed terms and contract length.

Good stuff. Any idea how long the contract is?

More pertinently, do we need more midfielders? Another striker and a defender should be higher priorities.

Yes we do need more midfielders and I'm sure we will sign a keeper, defender and a striker before the season starts.

Awesome if true. 30 points for yours truly in the JKB summer quiz :)

Oh aye, and he could probably do a job too!

Depends on what formation we play.

If 442 then we need 4 capable and dependable Central midfielders in the squad imo. Gomis, Robinson, Holt and Buaben should be enough.

Up front.

Not sure where Soufian will be playing yet, but if he is playing as a striker (again, basing this on 442) we've got Carrick, Soufian, Keatings and Oliver. Might be ok with that but possibly lacking a bit of experience?

I'd like to see an experienced CB and possibly a RB/LB to complete the squad.

heartsfc_fan

We've lost Hamill - replaced by Gomis.

Stevenson (although an attacker in some matches) was still a centre midfielder. We haven't replaced him yet.

heartsfc_fan

I think we need another goalkeeper. Even if its just a young 18/19 year old. What happens if Alexander or Hamilton get injured. Who is our next keeper?

I think we need another goalkeeper. Even if its just a young 18/19 year old. What happens if Alexander or Hamilton get injured. Who is our next keeper?

Did we not sign some guy from AC Oxgangs?

heartsfc_fan

Did we? What age bracket does he fall into?

Did we? What age bracket does he fall into?

No idea mate. :lol:

Sure it was on this thread several pages back. He might have just been on trial.

jamboinglasgow

I said earlier this morning

1xGK

2xMid - Buaben +

1xST

From what has been said, I agree with earlier posts that the GK will be younger. I see the plan being Alexander number 1 then over the next season to bring Jack Hamilton into the number 1 role.

sure did, robbie thomson?

but I know things have changed these days but in recent years we've had guys like Banks, Balogh, Molainen, Basso etc to fall back to. You cant seriously tell me we are going to throw a 16 year old keeper in his first senior season into a league game? Hamilton is a prospect but if Alexander were to get injured without another keeper coming in would be slightly worrying.

jamboinglasgow

sure did, robbie thomson?

but I know things have changed these days but in recent years we've had guys like Banks, Balogh, Molainen, Basso etc to fall back to. You cant seriously tell me we are going to throw a 16 year old keeper in his first senior season into a league game? Hamilton is a prospect but if Alexander were to get injured without another keeper coming in would be slightly worrying.

How often does a team have two goalkeepers out? We have been used to the luxury of 3 experenced goalkeepers in recent years but most teams have two and a youth (under 20) goalkeeper. TBH if the Oxgangs goalkeeper is 16 I can see us have another goalkeeper signed for under 20.

It's difficult to say, but it depends how many Neilson will play. Going purely on last seasons formation...

3 midfielders in the team - Gomis, Holt, Robinson, Beith

1 striker in the team - Carrick, Keatings, Soufian

This shows that one injury to three and Beith is in and we don't have a sub midfielder. Two strikers as subs is enough. Unless, Soufian is to play the Stevenson role, obviously.

As for defenders, if you mean full back, I agree, but we have five centre backs.

Gregory House M.D.

Right now if we were to play JJ's formation we're looking at:

Alexander

Paterson ?zt?rk Wilson McHattie

Holt Gomis Buaben

Carrick El Hassnaoui Nicholson

Right now if we were to play JJ's formation we're looking at:

Alexander

Holt Gomis Buaben

Carrick El Hassnaoui Nicholson

Can't see Carrick playing wide right tbh

It'll be King or Walker in there

Gregory House M.D.

Can't see Carrick playing wide right tbh

It'll be King or Walker in there

Sorry should've made it clearer that Carrick would play the Elliott role in that position and Nicholson playing the Templeton role. 1 winger.

We could always also play:

Alexander

Gomis Buaben

Walker El Hassnaoui Nicholson

Carrick

Seems a bit harsh on Holt and Robinson in either line up though.

The jj style?.Are you serious?.we've just got rid of a disciple of his and i'm sure this new regime, with their new ideas won't be playing that style.

Big season for carrick.if he can't hit the net consistently at championship level then he's not up to it. Personally I don't rate him,but we will see

Big season for carrick.if he can't hit the net consistently at championship level then he's not up to it. Personally I don't rate him,but we will see

So it's not just a clever user name.

So it's not just a clever user name.

Nicely done. Shouldn't be surprised given your history of poor patter. Give me peace

I wasn't sure about Carrick at first but he performed well for us at the end of last season. He will work hard and cause problems for defenders and although he misses the odd chance he won't hide. That's what Kenny Miller was all about and made a career for himself by being industrious. I think Carrick could be of the same mold.

I like him

:sweet:

Nicely done. Shouldn't be surprised given your history of poor patter. Give me peace

he scored 6 goals in 14 league starts in a higher league last year. He's a young boy who has clearly improved a great deal and is getting better.

He's also likely to be rotated a fair bit next season so I'll settle for him showing continued development and making a contribution.

I wasn't sure about Carrick at first but he performed well for us at the end of last season. He will work hard and cause problems for defenders and although he misses the odd chance he won't hide. That's what Kenny Miller was all about and made a career for himself by being industrious. I think Carrick could be of the same mold.

I like him

:sweet:

This is how to counter my point properly. Unlike that unbelievably witty and too intelligent for me to better post from what's his puss.

I'm biased of course, but you look at the potential team as it is (with Bauben included) and I'd say when you compare it to Rangers that we are more solid defensively, and potentially more creative from midfield to attack. The main difference is Boyd - but again we dont know how Keatings or El Hass or even Carrick will click.

I dont think there is much, if anything between our first 11s at the moment. But we need more depth.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I was actually surprised by how well he played when he came in last season. Previously I thought he was a forward without goals, but this was based on nothing other than a few fleeting glimpses prior to last season and the fact he wasn't getting a game when we were struggling so badly for a striker. I'm actually now quite annoyed at Locke for leaving him out for so long.

He holds the ball up really well and is much stronger than I thought. He also has decent pace and hits a shot well. Now he's added first team goals to his attributes, I think he's got a great chance.

he scored 6 goals in 14 league starts in a higher league last year. He's a young boy who has clearly improved a great deal and is getting better.

He's also likely to be rotated a fair bit next season so I'll settle for him showing continued development and making a contribution.

I hope he does develop and improve. He surprised me a little with his increased scoring. I just feel there's something missing that's all. Would like to be proved wrong. Apologies for my catty post, shouldn't rise to things as easy

I hope he does develop and improve. He surprised me a little with his increased scoring. I just feel there's something missing that's all. Would like to be proved wrong. Apologies for my catty post, shouldn't rise to things as easy

cool, sorry for being a smart arse, genetic programming.

cool, sorry for being a smart arse, genetic programming.

No probs. thinking about changing my username,opens me up to so much abuse lol

Big Moysey

I was actually surprised by how well he played when he came in last season. Previously I thought he was a forward without goals, but this was based on nothing other than a few fleeting glimpses prior to last season and the fact he wasn't getting a game when we were struggling so badly for a striker. I'm actually now quite annoyed at Locke for leaving him out for so long.

He holds the ball up really well and is much stronger than I thought. He also has decent pace and hits a shot well. Now he's added first team goals to his attributes, I think he's got a great chance.

Agree with what you say there, however, was very disappointed in his performance in U20 Cup final at end of last season. To me that was a chance for him to shine. Only managed 1 piece of good play when he hit the post but otherwise was dominated by the 2 CB's.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Agree with what you say there, however, was very disappointed in his performance in U20 Cup final at end of last season. To me that was a chance for him to shine. Only managed 1 piece of good play when he hit the post but otherwise was dominated by the 2 CB's.

I was disappointed at how the whole team seemed to crack when Rangers cranked up the pressure. We had enough quality on the pitch to win that game, but they folded when Rangers went up a gear. I'm glad of the addition of some older players to our squad this season, and hopefully none of them fear Rangers.

tartofmidlothian

As far as I'm led to believe he's correct. A deal has been agreed. Whether that's just a safety thing so that if he impresses it's all been agreed I don't know but I have been told he's agreed terms and contract length.

Now you're definitely ITK, or you have been in the past.

Welcome news, in that case.

It's not something he's missing but I think he's too nice. The rest of it he's got IMO.

tartofmidlothian

Between them RN and CL have suggested we'll be signing 7 or 8 this summer, that's only 6 down if Buaben signs.

You should change it to Scott Robinson.

tartofmidlothian

I like Carrick, I think he'll do well this season. Very well.

:sweeet:

tartofmidlothian

Think it was something like 6 in 17 after he started playing as a striker.

Dr. Bapswent

As far as i see things.

Happy with all signings so far.

Keeper = Would be acceptable, but if funds allow, another number 2 would be good.

Defense = Could use some cover, especially at LB

Midfied = Sorted if Bauben signs

Attack = Current squad would do, but if we have funds, another goalscorer would be good.

Im glad Currie didn't sign as this shows CL and RN have a plan they are sticking to and not just signing because we are short of squad players.

With this in mind i am not expecting too much more transfer activity - but if we do have more, it will be through quality, not just to increase the squad.

Carrick has a big part to play this season, and he is definitely good enough. He never gives defenders a minutes peace, he's always on the move, holds the ball up well and looks to run in behind. With our extra training sessions we'll be giving the team, no doubt these players will get a lot better and fitter than we've seen previously. No matter what team is picked at the weekend, I reckon it'll be a match for anyone in the League.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Carrick was one of few who got pass marks in our semi final defeat to ICT, in my opinion.

It was around that time he was thrust back into the side and there was an obvious transformation to his game.

His hold up and link up play was very good and the biggest difference you could see was the way he was using his body to protect the ball despite not being the biggest, but that proves it's not always about bulk but using your brain.

His workrate will never be questioned and he's started to find the net. Real promise in there and he's got a good management/coaching team around him to help him further improve.

THIRABHESES

How about WHATSHISPUSS ?

I respect your opinion, but I think he has shown he is more than capable. He holds the ball up very well and has shown he can score a goal.

letsalldothebeattie

I wouldnt say it was a big season for Carrick i think if someone like Keatings comes in and plays alongside him that will take a lot of pressure of Dale and let him just focus on his own game. He will bang the goals in for us in the championship, look at the end of last season scored some goals and performed really well. Carrick & Keatings will be a great partnership at that level

In today's EEN - Robbie stated we could do with getting "ONE more in"

Fort Vallance

Looks like anyone expecting a raft of late signings will be disappointed. RN talking about Prince saying "we could do with getting one more in".

Bob Loblaw

Looks like anyone expecting a raft of late signings will be disappointed. RN talking about Prince saying "we could do with getting one more in".

I could be wrong, but I thought he was meaning one more in midfield rather than overall.

Archived