4 more signings?

Gorgie Aggro

A tall strong strong guy that's good in the air? I don't think we need one TBH, we have Patterson who is excellent at corners, free kicks. We won't be 'gittin it in tae the mixer' or aimless punts from Jamie McDonald.

I appreciate what you are saying but with great wingers at our disposal and attacking full backs, i'd expect quite a few crosses into the area and im not sure we have a penalty box striker who is clinical. I like Carrick a lot but his strengths from what i've seen are more holding the ball up and getting others into play. Keatings or possibly Oliver could be but have yet to see what either are really like. Just feel we need another option up top, doesn't necessarily have to be a tall strong forward.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate what you are saying but with great wingers at our disposal and attacking full backs, i'd expect quite a few crosses into the area and im not sure we have a penalty box striker who is clinical. I like Carrick a lot but his strengths from what i've seen are more holding the ball up and getting others into play. Keatings or possibly Oliver could be but have yet to see what either are really like. Just feel we need another option up top, doesn't necessarily have to be a tall strong forward.

We do have good wide players, however, I find the wide players rarely cross the ball. We look to work the ball into the box and, with better players now in midfield and up front, I reckon we won't need a target man type.

I see what you're saying, though !

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

wright1989

It's always good to have options. I wouldn't say no to a different type of forward. Would still have to be good technically though, not a John Sutton.

jamtartan74

I'm just happy to be making signings again that's where I am on the matter, if we make no more signings fair enough but if we do then great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19/05/2012

Could be another MDV recommendation as Ilso played with herenveen at the same time as him

Sepp's Bladder

think someone is stirring things up as this IIso boys wiki page says he has signed a three year deal with us???

PhoenixHearts

I know it is the worst source possible, but I just has a peek on Ken Ilso's wikipedia entry, and under 'current team', it says Heart of Midlothian.

Reckon it's true, or is somebody out there at it?

GarryJ-o-s

I know it is the worst source possible, but I just has a peek on Ken Ilso's wikipedia entry, and under 'current team', it says Heart of Midlothian.

99.9% chance that somebody's at it I'm afraid.

Someone will be at it!!

Scarf above head etc.

Malcolm Tucker

All the best signings are announced on Wikipedia first.

Welcome to Gorgie, Ken.

:jjyay:

Holyrood_Hearts

STV are reporting no contract offer to Lee Currie.

PhoenixHearts

I'm impulsively losing my shit at the most obscure rumours, so these empty Ken Ilso whispers and bullshit wiki pages are getting me real tense. You'd think I'd be eternally grateful for any signings at all now, but the past few weeks it's just been like "Oh, Gomis. Nice. NEXT. Keatings, awesome..NEXT. Cool, Neil Alexander...NEXT" and so on.

Don't get me wrong, I've loved every signing so far and I think the team will be a huge force this season, but I'm just greedy. And we still need a few older,seasoned guys in the team.

Someone will be at it!!

Scarf above head etc.

Quite possibly the guy that originally mentioned it. Reeks.

PhoenixHearts

Quite possibly the guy that originally mentioned it. Reeks.

Who? Me? Or the Sepp's Bladder guy who beat me to the punch half a minute earlier?

Who? Me? Or the Sepp's Bladder guy who beat me to the punch half a minute earlier?

Was mentioned early this morning.

STV are reporting no contract offer to Lee Currie.
that would be a pity, I think he would do alright for us!!

that would be a pity, I think he would do alright for us!!

This, but most fans have written him off after a couple of pre season friendlies.

Sepp's Bladder

Didn't know much about Currie but if cl and rn are happy to let him go I'll happily move on without losing much sleep...

Plus no more over played curry jokes!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Didn't know much about Currie but if cl and rn are happy to let him go I'll happily move on without losing much sleep...

Plus no more over played curry jokes!!!

The management would know best I think, well until September anyway!

Toxteth O'Grady

If Currie hasn't been offered a deal then they must be looking for somebody better.

That has to be good news.

Jambof3tornado

If Currie hasn't been offered a deal then they must be looking for somebody better.

That has to be good news.

or maybe he didnt add to what we have already?

Although gut feeling is that Queen Ann wanted a Prince at Tynecastle.

Dr. Bapswent

Im glad we have not offered Currie a deal - not because I don't think he would be decent, or any other reason.

But purely it because it means RN and CL have a quality of player they are looking for and won't be swayed by a player even if we need to fill a gap etc.

Bad news for Currie, wish him all the best, but good news for us.

Heartsfc_1874

UPDATE: Prince Buaben Is Done Deal, won't hear anything until next week though

heartsfc_fan

Fair enough.

Why the delay till next week?

Jambo 4 Ever

Fair enough.

Why the delay till next week?

To coincide with stage 2 of season tickets perhaps?

Dagger Is Back

To coincide with stage 2 of season tickets perhaps?

That worked well then.

Paulie Walnut

Pish

I he had signed it would be announced. Im not saying he won't sign just stop getting Leeds United trying to show off being ITK.

Pish

I he had signed it would be announced. Im not saying he won't sign just stop getting Leeds United trying to show off being ITK.

Quite a few of these boys have been right with a few of the signings this year a few days and indeed a week or so before they have signed

Why the hostility?

The boys just posting what he's heard so why the need to aggressively shoot him down in flames?

Pish

You might want to check his track record on signings this summer :2thumbsup:

Heartsfc_1874

I said a week earlier we were signing a foreign CB who the majority would be happy with, and so my source has been spot on so far

RenfrewHearts

I said a week earlier we were signing a foreign CB who the majority would be happy with, and so my source has been spot on so far

You also said Liam Henderson has been starting consistently over McHattie

::troll:::'>

Now shows as Hibernian FC.....I think that says it all

Pish

Give it up.

Sepp's Bladder

Pish

Simmer! The lads been right all summer. Why the ridicule? He predicted our last signing a week or two before it was announced.

For me his source is reliable as any. However he hasn't a clue about picking a decent left back!!! ;)

Heartsfc_1874

Simmer! The lads been right all summer. Why the ridicule? He predicted our last signing a week or two before it was announced.

For me his source is reliable as any. However he hasn't a clue about picking a decent left back!!! ;)

Fair Point there :)

wright1989

Yea it seems that way, however how far have I been off with transfers????

I thought you just copied JJ's rumours and passed them off as your own. Buaben is already training with us and it's a done deal already as Levein and Neilson already know what he's about, all it is really is to sort out the contract. Just in my opinion obviously and I apologise if not.

Heartsfc_1874

I thought you just copied JJ's rumours and passed them off as your own. Buaben is already training with us and it's a done deal already as Levein and Neilson already know what he's about and all it is really is to sort out the contract. Just in my opinion obviously and I apologise if not.

No get all my updates from my source mate no need to copy/pinch stuff of others when I'm getting info nearby daily

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Where is the real Prince, Prince Rudi. Don't speak until you bring this news!!!!!!!!

wright1989

No get all my updates from my source mate no need to copy/pinch stuff of others when I'm getting info nearby daily

Fair enough mate, cheers for the info.

What has he got right exactly?

"There will be a signing tomorrow or maybe the next day or the day after" stuff doesn't count. Neither does saying we'll be signing a player who's already on trial with us.

Sepp's Bladder

Fair Point there :)

Only pulling your leg buddy but after that thread, I'm thinking we may have uncovered your source! ;)

rudi must stay

If its done then we'll announce it tomorrow I think. You should have said that originally, that would have been more exciting

Pish

As far as I'm led to believe he's correct. A deal has been agreed. Whether that's just a safety thing so that if he impresses it's all been agreed I don't know but I have been told he's agreed terms and contract length.

Archived