New Season Tickets

dunciboyjambo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Biffa Bacon

yes coz we have to all teams have a cap on how meny st they are allowed to sell

Do you remember the home games against Spurs and Liverpool, why could all games not have a similar allocation if there is demand from Hearts supporters?

Francis Albert

yes coz we have to all teams have a cap on how meny st they are allowed to sell

We could sell 16,000 and still give away fans a higher proportion of capacity than we get at Parkhead or (used to get) at Ibrox.

Carl Weathers

Renewed today at around 2.30pm. Two people being served and no one behind me in the queue. I expected it to be a bit busier.

HMFC-TILL-I-DIE

Do you remember the home games against Spurs and Liverpool, why could all games not have a similar allocation if there is demand from Hearts supporters?

because we wont have that demand against the likes of raith ect

HMFC-TILL-I-DIE

We could sell 16,000 and still give away fans a higher proportion of capacity than we get at Parkhead or (used to get) at Ibrox.

no we couldnt coz we have a cap on how meny st we can sell .

Five to One

That will be the same group that previously wouldn't go back until Mercer Robinson left?

Dreadful comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But what's the cap % whys? We had category B ST tickets a few years ago in the Roseburn stand so I'd imagine it's a bit higher than your suggesting.

We had a waiting list at least once in the early Romanov years. Need to keep some back for walk-ups and away fans. If the demand is there we will sell Match day tickets for the Roseburn. As I say, I don't think we could sell more than about 12-13k even if the demand is there.

Dreadful comparison.

Nope, accurate comparison.

There's no decent silver section seats available, well two together anyway.

There will be at the start of phase 2 because I'm moving. Just to confirm that if you renew or buy your tickets in phase 1 you can upgrade them in phase 2 at the phase 1 prices. So even if it"s not a great selection available just now, better to get your ticket in phase 1 and move to better seats later.

Biffa Bacon

We had a waiting list at least once in the early Romanov years. Need to keep some back for walk-ups and away fans. If the demand is there we will sell Match day tickets for the Roseburn. As I say, I don't think we could sell more than about 12-13k even if the demand is there.

Why do we need to keep tickets back for walk ups? ST purchasers are buying 18 tickets upfront, they are like walk ups but spending all their money in a oner. Why do we put the interests of away fans before potential ST buyers? It's a business, and alright we don't want to upset genuine fans that cannot afford a ST upfront, but could you imagine another business that would refuse to sell their product to a customer taking a risk that the tickets will sell anyway during the season.

Why do we need to keep tickets back for walk ups? ST purchasers are buying 18 tickets upfront, they are like walk ups but spending all their money in a oner. Why do we put the interests of away fans before potential ST buyers? It's a business, and alright we don't want to upset genuine fans that cannot afford a ST upfront, but could you imagine another business that would refuse to sell their product to a customer taking a risk that the tickets will sell anyway during the season.

If we could sell out with walk ups there is more money to be made. Can't think of any other reason.

Any business has to look after all their customers. There are many hearts fans that simply can't afford the money up front for a ST so seats should be kept back for them. We had an average of over 3,500 walk ups per game last season including away fans.

If demand is high enough, we could look to split the Roseburn end in two, only half available for away fans allowing extra STs to be sold while still leaving seats available for walk ups. Is there a minimum allocation we need to make available to away fans?

Jambof3tornado

If demand is high enough, we could look to split the Roseburn end in two, only half available for away fans allowing extra STs to be sold while still leaving seats available for walk ups. Is there a minimum allocation we need to make available to away fans?

cant be that big an allocation, 2 sections should be plenty. Problem comes when hibs are visiting and a gap needs put in resulting in wasted seats.

Better off using it for walk ups and that way we can give away fans as many tickets as they need.

Biffa Bacon

Any business has to look after all their customers. There are many hearts fans that simply can't afford the money up front for a ST so seats should be kept back for them. We had an average of over 3,500 walk ups per game last season including away fans.

Yes, but it's supply and demand. The Club must look after their customers, but ST holders are Customers too, and if we turn them away what message does that send out. IF we could sell out with STs then we should.

Can you imagine Apple saying people want to buy this iPad, but we need to keep some back for those that need to save up first?

Walter Bishop

3 renewed and 2 newbies this weekend.

The club are stunned by the uptake in season tickets (renewals and new custom) I was told in the ticket office.

:pleasing:

Yes, but it's supply and demand. The Club must look after their customers, but ST holders are Customers too, and if we turn them away what message does that send out. IF we could sell out with STs then we should.

Can you imagine Apple saying people want to buy this iPad, but we need to keep some back for those that need to save up first?

I'm just saying we've had a waiting list in the past and could have one again no matter what me our you think.

Your analogy with Apple is nonsense given there is an unlimited supply.

cant be that big an allocation, 2 sections should be plenty. Problem comes when hibs are visiting and a gap needs put in resulting in wasted seats.

Better off using it for walk ups and that way we can give away fans as many tickets as they need.

Whoever we play we'll need to build in a gap, so won't ever be able to sell every seat, but agree with you in principle. For Rangers / Hibs we know they will always fill half the Roseburn if we keep the other half for our fans. Dumbarton are only going to bring a few hundred, so we could pen off one section and leave the rest for walk ups. Even offer some cut price deals to try and fill the ground for that sort of game.

Either way I'd like the club to announce how ST sales are going as I do think we are on track to exceed whatever expectations Budge or FoH were budgeting for, which can only be even more good news.

Five to One

Nope, accurate comparison.

Mercer pulled the club back from obscurity, but stayed on too long. Robinson was simply incompetent and entered into a poor business agreement with SMG.

However, neither were insane like Vlad and at least the supporters were united prior to him taking over. I'm hoping the recent developments will encourage unity amongst the fans again as the last regime caused a divide between the Vlad sheep and those who wanted him out. You obviously fall into the former category.

Biffa Bacon

I'm just saying we've had a waiting list in the past and could have one again no matter what me our you think.

Your analogy with Apple is nonsense given there is an unlimited supply.

Ok, try this one....if we leave 1000 seats unsold for each match, but there is a demand from 2000 people for these seats, who will we going sell the 1000 tickets to?

The first 1000 to pitch up with the cash, will purchase the tickets. You can book matches weeks and sometimes months in advance on the website, so fans that had the finances to do this, will get the tickets. Which effectively is the same result as selling the 1000 seats as STs in the first place.

Ok, try this one....if we leave 1000 seats unsold for each match, but there is a demand from 2000 people for these seats, who will we going sell the 1000 tickets to?

The first 1000 to pitch up with the cash, will purchase the tickets. You can book matches weeks and sometimes months in advance on the website, so fans that had the finances to do this, will get the tickets. Which effectively is the same result as selling the 1000 seats as STs in the first place.

Can we just agree to disagree. The club will always hold tickets back for walk-ups no matter what you say. And I agree with them.

Biffa Bacon

Can we just agree to disagree. The club will always hold tickets back for walk-ups no matter what you say. And I agree with them.

No problem Rudolf, we can agree to disagree, but I think that you will be surprised with the way business is now conducted. Of course, customers (us) need to kept on board, but I suspect that basic business practice will be put first.

Enjoy the coming season.

There's no decent silver section seats available, well two together anyway.

This is what is stopping me from buying and i have never had a season ticket before.

Also no sure how the zebra works for HMFC.....if i do the 4 month one do Hearts get the money each month or does it work the same as the CC nonsense? i.e. 1/18th after each home game?

Jambo 4 Ever

Can I ask for a bit of advice?

My uncle and I like our seats so have renewed them...

But wanting to bring my nephew along too and get his a season ticket. I went on to buy his ticket next to ours but there are now 3 unavailable seats next to us, and then one green available one, so he would have to sit 3 seats along. What do you think the chance are of asking the ticket office staff to contact them asking if they would be willing to move along one seat so my nephew can sit next to us? (He is under 12) and I would pay any admin fee and also make donation to hearts aswell?

Hot since 86

But wanting to bring my nephew along too and get his a season ticket. I went on to buy his ticket next to ours but there are now 3 unavailable seats next to us, and then one green available one, so he would have to sit 3 seats along. What do you think the chance are of asking the ticket office staff to contact them asking if they would be willing to move along one seat so my nephew can sit next to us? (He is under 12) and I would pay any admin fee and also make donation to hearts aswell?

First game of the season ask the people if they wouldn't mind moving one seat down, job done.

Jambo 4 Ever

First game of the season ask the people if they wouldn't mind moving one seat down, job done.

Good idea

Just concerned they say no :/

Hot since 86

Good idea

Just concerned they say no :/

Would take a special kind of knob end to say no to that. You should be fine as long as Your not in Wheatfield Section c about row 10...

Jambo 4 Ever

Would take a special kind of knob end to say no to that. You should be fine as long as Your not in Wheatfield Section c about row 10...

Section B :)

Thanks for the advice though

This is what is stopping me from buying and i have never had a season ticket before.

Also no sure how the zebra works for HMFC.....if i do the 4 month one do Hearts get the money each month or does it work the same as the CC nonsense? i.e. 1/18th after each home game?

The full money will go to Hearts up front, then you are paying a loan back to Zebra over the 4 months, with interest applied by them.

3 x renewals that haven't had one for 10 years or so.

2 x u-12 tickets also... The next generation.

Really looking forward to this season.

Mercer pulled the club back from obscurity, but stayed on too long. Robinson was simply incompetent and entered into a poor business agreement with SMG.

However, neither were insane like Vlad and at least the supporters were united prior to him taking over. I'm hoping the recent developments will encourage unity amongst the fans again as the last regime caused a divide between the Vlad sheep and those who wanted him out. You obviously fall into the former category.

I put it to you that Robinson was as mental as Romanov, just in different ways.

Either way, the comment was on fans that, in adversity, go and boycott.

First season tickets bought for me and the wee man looking forward to it massively should have a good view from section C

Pretty sure the under 12 seat has to be beside a bought adult season ticket.

Jambo 4 Ever

Pretty sure the under 12 seat has to be beside a bought adult season ticket.

yeah I was thinking that too - but maybe if I explain the situation: that we would hope to ask the people in the middle to move along one seat?

I have tried calling the ticket office but only ever get through to ticketmaster... does anyone know how to get through to the ticket office staff only?

yeah I was thinking that too - but maybe if I explain the situation: that we would hope to ask the people in the middle to move along one seat?

I have tried calling the ticket office but only ever get through to ticketmaster... does anyone know how to get through to the ticket office staff only?

Option 5, I think, though they are busy, so may divert phones to ticketmaster.

As for moving along one, that'll only work if there are spare seats and it means no one else is getting split up.

Fxxx the SPFL

Re walk ups for home games. My silver season ticket is costing ?280 divide that by 18 and that works out at appx ?15.50 per game. Home fans wanting to pay on the day will most likely have to pay ?18-?20 so over the course of a season provoded we nearly sell out every game you would make more money keeping back 1000 for walk ups rather than season tickets. Just a thought.

We_are_the_Hearts

Anyone who thinks Hearts will turn away people who want a season ticket on the off chance that they might turn up and pay cash on the day is one step closer to the nut house.

Jambo 4 Ever

Option 5, I think, though they are busy, so may divert phones to ticketmaster.

As for moving along one, that'll only work if there are spare seats and it means no one else is getting split up.

I keep getting diverted to ticketmaster

Is there any way round this do you know?

Anyone who thinks Hearts will turn away people who want a season ticket on the off chance that they might turn up and pay cash on the day is one step closer to the nut house.

I would agree with you normally, but we have already turned down much needed sponsorship cash, just to look like nice people.

I keep getting diverted to ticketmaster

Is there any way round this do you know?

Go to the ticket office in person, when there, spend some money in the shop. I just did that, bought three season, a key ring and a bottle opener and the home strip for my son. Bit of a trek but a nice day. Cheers

We_are_the_Hearts

I would agree with you normally, but we have already turned down much needed sponsorship cash, just to look like nice people.

What did we turn down? How much was it? And why was it much needed?

Jambo 4 Ever

Go to the ticket office in person, when there, spend some money in the shop. I just did that, bought three season, a key ring and a bottle opener and the home strip for my son. Bit of a trek but a nice day. Cheers

Normally I would but dont have any time off work to be able to do that....

What did we turn down? How much was it? And why was it much needed?

We turned down the one year option from Wonga, after involving them in the negotiations to make the home strip sponsor free. I don't know how much it was, but it would have been more than nothing.

It is much needed, because we are just out of admin, have any money for credit purchases held back (hence the request to pay for season tickets in cash). Also, on the same day we confirmed we did not take up the option, Ian Murray released a statement saying there is still a lot of hard work to be done. B

2No purchased this morning first season tickets for 3 years due to twins being born. Cant wait for the new season to kick off now.

We_are_the_Hearts

We turned down the one year option from Wonga, after involving them in the negotiations to make the home strip sponsor free. I don't know how much it was, but it would have been more than nothing.

It is much needed, because we are just out of admin, have any money for credit purchases held back (hence the request to pay for season tickets in cash). Also, on the same day we confirmed we did not take up the option, Ian Murray released a statement saying there is still a lot of hard work to be done. B

Fair enough but Mrs Budge is a self made millionaire so an sure she knows what she is doing. By all accounts Wonga were getting a very good deal for their outlay

There has been a seat between my son and I's season ticket for the last few seasons, however there has never been a problem with the person sitting in that seat swapping before the start of each match. Managed to finally swap it to the adjacent seat as it it became available.

Re walk ups for home games. My silver season ticket is costing ?280 divide that by 18 and that works out at appx ?15.50 per game. Home fans wanting to pay on the day will most likely have to pay ?18-?20 so over the course of a season provoded we nearly sell out every game you would make more money keeping back 1000 for walk ups rather than season tickets. Just a thought.

Suppose if we dont do as well as hoped then the walk up fans will stay away ,at least with the season tickets its money in the bank.

I would however limit the number of under 12's season tickets ,i know theyre our future but they are costing us money.......lol

Archived