• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...a bit disco

Leftovers premiere simply excellent

As above.

A very high quality piece of tv.

Seymour M Hersh

I must say I normally dislike "Reality" type shows but have really enjoyed The BBC's Ultimate Hell Week.  Well done "The Machine" winning it.

Seymour M Hersh

Anyone watch Devious Maids? Absolute abundance of sensational bursd :brucey:

Great show based on the afternoon soaps in Mexico. I fully expect aliens and all sorts of nutty things to happen.

Seymour M Hersh

Fancy the look of the new Amazon series about to start, The Hand of God although Ron Perlman will forever be Clay Morrow out of SOA for me!

He'll forever be Hellboy I think you'll find.

episode 4 of series 1 watched last night, i still have no fekn clue whats going on??

It will stay that way mate. Doesn't mean it's not great to watch, it's very compelling. Not for everyone,but I'm sure the eventual payoff will be worth it

Just finished narcos. Was very good! Watching orange is the new black, half way thru and I like it. Far too many naked lesbians walking about tho. Totally ruining it for me

Anyone watched/watching THE LAST SHIP?

Watched two episodes and it's not exactly captured my attention. Is it worth sticking with or should I just jack it?

They find the cure (apologies for the spoiler but its obvious they will) and its gets very bogged down after that. The submarine storyline with the pretend English accents killed it for me. If your not enjoying it after 2-3 episodes then stop and move on to something else, it doesn't get better. Season 1,  I thought it was decent. Then it becomes your typical clich?d America saves the world nonsense . I binned it half way through Season 2.

Malinga the Swinga

It will stay that way mate. Doesn't mean it's not great to watch, it's very compelling. Not for everyone,but I'm sure the eventual payoff will be worth it

now watching episode 2 of season 2 and haven't a clue what is going on. Get the 2% disappeared bit but the guilty remnants and the new town and families just seem so random. Sticking with it in the hope that something will eventually happen that clarifies everything, but fear that this is destined to go the way of Lost and Fringe.

alwaysthereinspirit

Haven't read the whole thread as I'm sure it's mentioned but my wife and I just watched 62 episodes of Breaking Bad in 5 weeks.

Thought it was brilliant.

Just watched " American crime ". Its about a murder of a white guy and it deals with many issues related to it. Lots of issues in it, racism , family and a truley shocking finale.  Its well acted and an emotional roller coaster. Highly recommended. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3488298/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Just started this - watched the first two episodes.  Good stuff so far but no idea where it's going.

I watched it all. was pretty average really..not over excited if there is a second season

Rudolf's Mate

The Walking Dead!

I appreciate that I've turned up at the party late however I'm really not a fan of zombies etc. After countless recommendations I gave it a bash and it's one of the best things I've watched.

Just started American Horror Story. Pretty good so far, on episode 4.

Im a massive fan of this.There are now 5 seasons.  Most people feel season 2 "Asylum" is the best. I agree.  " Murder house " and " Coven" are also good. " Freak show" is ok but not up to the standard of the other seasons.  Season 5 is currently on American TV " Hotel"...Im taking my time to get adjusted to it. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Im a massive fan of this.There are now 5 seasons. Most people feel season 2 "Asylum" is the best. I agree. " Murder house " and " Coven" are also good. " Freak show" is ok but not up to the standard of the other seasons. Season 5 is currently on American TV " Hotel"...Im taking my time to get adjusted to it.

Asylum was great.

Freak Show... Well the less said about that the better. I've never watched the show since.

The Goldbergs

US sitcom about a 12yr old growing up in the 80's. Done in the style of the Wonder years.

Im liking it. The sister is worth the admission fee alone :ruiner:

The Man In High Castle has now started on Prime.Pilot was brilliant wish they would do it the same as Netflix though instead of just one episode a week,dont they no folk like to binge watch now.

Say What Again

The Man In High Castle has now started on Prime.Pilot was brilliant wish they would do it the same as Netflix though instead of just one episode a week,dont they no folk like to binge watch now.

I saw it was there last week, but didn't watch it for the reason you mention. I'll wait and watch it all.

Bit hypocritical of me though, as I do watch each episode of Vikings as it comes out :lol:

Looking for something new to watch. I've seen all the old favourites like 24, sopranos, lost etc just finished Fringe and currently up to date with Game of Thrones, the following and the blacklist.

Anyone recommend something else? (Tried breaking bad but got to episode 5 and gave up!)

The West Wing (5star). Mrs Browns Boys. Yes (pri-)minister. Porridge. Bread. The Wonder Years.

Another old classic was - Shaka Zulu (9 part series feat Edward Fox and Antony Valentine).

They find the cure (apologies for the spoiler but its obvious they will) and its gets very bogged down after that. The submarine storyline with the pretend English accents killed it for me. If your not enjoying it after 2-3 episodes then stop and move on to something else, it doesn't get better. Season 1, I thought it was decent. Then it becomes your typical clich?d America saves the world nonsense . I binned it half way through Season 2.

Cheers very helpful. Wasn't enjoying it so you've made my mind up. I'll try something else

Its a bullshit.

Glad its a fake article.  " Breaking bad" had a perfect ending   with closure for all the characters. So leave it .  

Might sound sad ! but ive recently downloaded all the Miss Marples which starred Joan Hickson as Marple. She played Marple so well and i think in most peoples minds she is the definative Miss Marple with even Agatha Christie noting many years before she played her that she would be ideal as Marple. It doesn't happen that often that an actor is so well suited  with a character . I can think of only a few others...Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes and David Suchet as Poirot are a  couple of examples. 

Think every episode is released on the 20th.

Just watched Mr Robot. Watched it on Genesis on Kodi.

It was sold as a lad who by day is a software security engineer who works for a company that services the worlds biggest corporation & by night is a hacker who is trying to bring down his client & basically cancel world debt by melting all the on-line records globally.

Anyway, started off and I thought it was awesome but then fell into the weirdest sh1t you are likely to watch.

" LIne of Duty" and " Line of duty 2 " are highly recommended. Brilliant tv series about the police, murder and corruption. Keeley Hawes is outstanding in this.  

" LIne of Duty" and " Line of duty 2 " are highly recommended. Brilliant tv series about the police, murder and corruption. Keeley Hawes is outstanding in this.

Seconded.

Best series the Beeb have had in years. Everyone is utterly brilliant in it.

Really looking forward to series 3 and 4.

Fargo episode 1 excellent, shows real promise. Twigged halfway through how it's related to the first series

Three episodes into series 2 on channel 4 (all available on 4od), absolutely loving it.

Going to watch the film and series one now.

Looking on iPlayer for it but can't see it.

Any ideas, quite interested in this one.

They are on Netflix.

If you don't have it, certain sites should have it for viewing.

Three episodes into series 2 on channel 4 (all available on 4od), absolutely loving it.

Series one is equally as good as two is so far

Rudolf's Mate

The film is outstanding.

Carl Fredrickson

The Line of Duty is one of the best TV shows the BBC have produced. Compulsive TV, with the scripts and acting being top class.

Fargo, the movie was a classic and the first series of the TV show was most enjoyable. We are recording the second series to watch in a oner. 

I just download the series from torrent sites mate. Unsure if there are sites where u can watch it online? 

RobboScoresAgain

Oldy but a goody is a series from America called 'Weeds'. Follows a suburban Mum who's husband dies, so she gets in to selling drugs to pay the bills. Just spirals further out of control over quite a few series, really good though.

Rudolf's Mate

Just finished Walking Dead season 5. A couple of solid episodes at the beginning however there were a few really weak ones in after that. Really picked up towards the end and was well and truly back on track by the finale. I absolutely hate zombies but I'm loving this.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series