Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Felix Lighter

Onto episode 5 now of Narcos now and it's a really good show.

Watched this in three sittings.Really enjoyed it.Vaguely remember Pablo Escobar from news reports of the time, so the show was an excellent insight.Highly recommended.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Psychedelicropcircle

It's round about that time that new series come out in the U.S. Of A. Could our esteemed Jambo cousins recommend any new stuff ?

Fancy the look of the new Amazon series about to start, The Hand of God although Ron Perlman will forever be Clay Morrow out of SOA for me!

When watching him in SOA, I always thought of him in the Name of the Rose.

If you like sports, and reality/documentary type things, Hard Knocks is worth a watch- about NFL training camp. This season is very good (but then I am biased as it's about houston Texans, my NFL team).

If you like any of the following films:-

The Matrix

Fight Club

American Pyscho

You absolutely must watch Mr Robot. It's fantastic - you heard it here first.

Watched it all still not a got a clue what is happening.The bit after the credits was no help either.

My worry with this show is they will become lost in what to do with it and ratings will fall and it will end up push like Heroes did.

Edit - Obviously when I said not a clue I get blah,blah and blah but no idea why or were it's going.

Edited by vegas-voss

Ballers start tonight on Sky, looks worth a watch.

Any US based or folk who have streamed it recommend it?

It's alright but like Entourage but set around sport instead of movies and not as good.

It's alright but like Entourage but set around sport instead of movies and not as good.

I've never seen Entourage but I'll give it a go, can't do any harm! Plus it coincides with the start of the NFL season :thumbsup:

rudi must stay

Just watched cradle to the grave on iplayer.

Lol a few times.Promising first episode.

Peter Kays cockney accent up there with Dick Van Dyke.

Boy meets Girl is going to be good. It could be done wrong but I think its done pretty tastefully, well acted too

I've finished Narco. Thought it was excellent.

Currently working my way though a sitcom called Silicon Valley. Actually, quite enjoying it despite probably not being the target audience.

So Narcos was a good shout be me then.Got to get one right some time.

Anybody know when or if Zero,Zero,Zero is coming on.Made by the same guys that made Gomorrah and is set around the Columbia drug trade and how it is exported into Europe.

I've finished Narco. Thought it was excellent.

Currently working my way though a sitcom called Silicon Valley. Actually, quite enjoying it despite probably not being the target audience.

I quite like that one, it's got Gabe from the US Office in it which persuaded me to give it a shot

I've been surprised to find I've really been enjoying Blunt Talk, starring Patrick Stewart as a shagging, snorting, singing and dancing tv presenter.

Also has Pete from Gavin and Stacey as his manservant, I recommend trying it

Edited by Smithee

When Hannibal started I stayed clear of this thread as I like to watch them all back to back. I do the same with most series I watch.

As was mentioned, first few weren't in keeping of the Hannibal of old. I watched the finale last night and I wasn't disappointed. Brilliant end scene and whilst I agreed that it's maybe run its course. Part of me wants it to continue.

Watched first episode of Narcos and this is right up my street.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anybody been watching Hunted on C4. 

Really good but how stupid are some people.

They're supposed to be on the run but they keep phoning home.

Carl Fredrickson

3 episodes into Narcos and I am loving it. The wife isnt keen on it but then again, she like Once Upon A Time.....

Narcos gripped me from the start and it is another cracking Netflix original series. 

Finished Sons of Anarchy last night. Thought the last season was brilliant, won't give anything away, but it was all rounded off nicely!

Gonna get stuck into Narcos now!

jack D and coke

Anyone got a website to watch fear of the walking dead. Can't find it anywhere

It's absolute pish mate I wouldn't bother.

I like Walking Dead btw but this is shite.

It's absolute pish mate I wouldn't bother.

I like Walking Dead btw but this is shite.

yep i watched the first episode and couldnt get into it, cant wait for the 12th October for the return of the walking dead

Anyone watched/watching THE LAST SHIP?

Watched two episodes and it's not exactly captured my attention. Is it worth sticking with or should I just jack it?

Finished watching season 1 of Sense8.  Absolutely loved it, tbh.  It's a bit quirky and took a couple of episodes to get my head round the fact that characters flick in and out of each others' lives.

Glad to hear all the positive reports for Narcos as its up next for me. I finished Witnesses recently (French cop show) which was pretty crap and am currently watching David Simon's new one, Show Me A Hero which has been brilliant so far with a great cast (Oscar Isaac, Alfred Molina, Catherine Keener, various folk from The Wire).

Also really enjoying Narcos, think I'm 5 episodes in and it's top notch. 

For totally different reasons, Z Nation is also tremendous :lol: It's completely ridiculous but also really entertaining, it's like The Walking Dead without all the serious acting and talking. Finished season 1 yesterday and got the first couple of episodes of season 2 to watch. Love it. 

The Internet

yep i watched the first episode and couldnt get into it, cant wait for the 12th October for the return of the walking dead

It's worth sticking with imo, I've just watched the latest one and it's building up nicely. 

Some cracking tv this month. Les revenants is back on the 16, the leftovers,homeland,walking dead and American horror story too. I'm sure the Knick is back soon also. Loved that show

Rudolf's Mate

Finished Narcos last week and loved it.

Moved onto the last couple of episodes of Ray Donovan which is another must!

Started The Walking Dead last night and I'm onto season 2! Really enjoyed it.

jack D and coke

Finished Narcos last week and loved it.

Moved onto the last couple of episodes of Ray Donovan which is another must!

Started The Walking Dead last night and I'm onto season 2! Really enjoyed it.

Already? [emoji1]

Rudolf's Mate

Already? [emoji1]

I know mate :lol: I've got a stinking cold which kept me awake so I made good use of it and battered through them!

Finished watching season 1 of Sense8.  Absolutely loved it, tbh.  It's a bit quirky and took a couple of episodes to get my head round the fact that characters flick in and out of each others' lives.

Just finished it too. Really enjoyed it.

It's like Lost meets Heroes (when both were good).

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series