• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed :thumb:

Rollo :(

Rollo the rat and that scene where Lagertha cut the boys **** off and blood covered her face like a money shot.:

Just watched all of Netflix new show Love with Paul Rust and Gillian Jacobs ( one of the stars of community ). It was good alot of cameo roles from Actors and Actresses that are in popular sitcoms.

ok so I'd never seen nor had any real idea about Sons of Anarchy until last night.

Watched 4 episodes (So I'm giving it a chance.) is this pretty much what to expect from the show or does it get better?

Not intentional but I cant seem to get in a lot of these 'big' american series (breaking bad was over hyped mince)

I fully expect folk to tell me its the best thing ever but opinions appreciated.

Carl Fredrickson

ok so I'd never seen nor had any real idea about Sons of Anarchy until last night.

Watched 4 episodes (So I'm giving it a chance.) is this pretty much what to expect from the show or does it get better?

Not intentional but I cant seem to get in a lot of these 'big' american series (breaking bad was over hyped mince)

I fully expect folk to tell me its the best thing ever but opinions appreciated.

So many folk recommended SoA to me and all said I would love it. 

I stuck with it and stuck with it but gave up at somepoint during season 4. I couldnt take to any of the characters and it was like a grown up version of the A Team at times with all their shoot outs

It's alright. Not one of my favourites, but I found it a decent enough watch.

I stuck with it and stuck with it but gave up at somepoint during season 4. I couldnt take to any of the characters and it was like a grown up version of the A Team at times with all their shoot outs

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Couldnt warm to any of the characters (seem like a-holes tbh)

Disser Pointon

100 code, on Sky, very decent serial killer yarn with a twist.

Bosch, on Amazon Prime, really enjoying it.

Sneaky Pete, also on Amazon Prime, good pilot episode, holds promise.

Vikings, great to have it back.

Black Sails, Season 3 going very well, one of my favourites recently.

There are 6 seasons if I remember right. 1&2 are alright. Although if you don't like it half way through 1, just leave it. It takes a dip in 3&4 IMO. 5 is alright and 6 was good.

You won't like any of the characters. There isn't a hero waiting to save the day. It's massively far fetched although some the the finales are pretty well done and come out of the blue.

Never got better than 6 out of 10 for me. I stuck with it because the wife was glued to it. As I said, if you don't love it by now, your not going to.

Thats exactly how i felt with it. I didnt like any of the characters. Bunch of scum bags. Yet i loved " The Sopranos"...But that was much classier, acting directing writing etc. 

I finished watching " Luther" after seeing some recommendations about it. I felt disappointed with it. Although the acting is first class , particularly Idris Elba, who is  also easy on the eye, However the plots are far fetched at times and leave a lot to the imagination and stretch credibility. . There are far too many plot holes in some of the stories and it is ridiculous at times how he suddenly is able to work out where the villains are or their motives. I felt it was like a poor mans " Cracker".  

One good thing about it is Luther's relationship with Alice ( the nutty serial killer).  She lightens up the whole programme every time she appears. Sadly it isn't often enough. The actress playing her is outstanding. ( Ruth Wilson). 

Morning. Has anyone else started watching Vinyl ? Martin Scorcese/Mick Jagger collaboration on HBO?

I think it's going to be great. Music industry 1973 and set in a very different looking New York to today.

The pilot is 2 hours long.

Say What Again

Morning. Has anyone else started watching Vinyl ? Martin Scorcese/Mick Jagger collaboration on HBO?

I think it's going to be great. Music industry 1973 and set in a very different looking New York to today.

Sky plugged it that much that I hated it before it even started :lol:

"It's fast, it's dirty, it smashes you right in the head"

It might get round to it depending on what feedback I hear.

I've watched the first couple. Quite enjoyed it.

The people vs OJ Simpson

Really enjoying it so far..I binged the first 4 episodes.

John travolta tho :gok:

How mush plastic surgery has he had?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riddley Walker

Been making my way through It's Always Sunny again. Just watched the Gang on the Road episode.

When Mac throws the beer bottle at the cyclist :rofl: :rofl:

The people vs OJ Simpson

Really enjoying it so far..I binged the first 4 episodes.

John travolta tho :gok:

How mush plastic surgery has he had?

Yeah agree with you mate this is really good. It brings up so many issues, racism , celebrity, media, the court processes....etc .The Jury selection scenes were fascinating and the show also has a really funny kick to it at times. You can tell the actors are really enjoying themselves and acting so well. Especially Sarah Paulson .  Travolta is on another planet though. I cant decide if he is giving a  great performance or its got more ham than my local Tesco..."  But he is fun to watch and stealing it. Im watching it week to week and hate when it ends. Im used to bingeing on shows. 

Yeah agree with you mate this is really good. It brings up so many issues, racism , celebrity, media, the court processes....etc .The Jury selection scenes were fascinating and the show also has a really funny kick to it at times. You can tell the actors are really enjoying themselves and acting so well. Especially Sarah Paulson . Travolta is on another planet though. I cant decide if he is giving a great performance or its got more ham than my local Tesco..." But he is fun to watch and stealing it. Im watching it week to week and hate when it ends. Im used to bingeing on shows.

I was only 15 when this all happened so didn't really pay much attention to it, I had seen the news so I knew it was a big thing, I just didn't realise until now after watching it how big a deal it was over in America.

The show is portraying pretty much exactly everything and everyone at that time. You're spot on about travolta, I've had a week look at the lawyers wiki page and it did look like he might've been exactly how travolta is portraying him. We all know how it ends up but it's still gripping tv

It is tremendous and I recommend everyone should watch this.

Carl Fredrickson

Pretty good feature length pilot looking forward to how this is going to develop.

I loved the book and watched the first 2 last night, Quite a good start, looking forward to the rest of it. 

John Findlay

Enjoying the night manager on BBC on Sunday nights. Always been a fan of John Le Carr. If you can get hold of the BBC production of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy then please do. Alec Guiness is immense.

JudyJudyJudy

" Trapped" has been pretty good. Stunning scenery and atmospheric

" Happy Valley" is excellent. Sarah Lancashire is outstanding in this. She was terrific in last weeks episode.

Just watching the second episode of Stag on iplayer.

Still not sure what to make of it. Bunch of London merchant banker types on a stag weekend in the highlands where everything that can go wrong does with increasingly horrific incidents.

Finally got round to watching S2 of fargo. I'm halfway through at the moment and it's bloody brilliant, although it started slowly. Can't wait to see if they can fit Malvo into it somehow.

Finally got round to watching S2 of fargo. I'm halfway through at the moment and it's bloody brilliant, although it started slowly. Can't wait to see if they can fit Malvo into it somehow.

Just finished it now. I reckon I've worked out how they got Malvo into it.

:verysmug:

Black Sails, Season 3 going very well, one of my favourites recently.

Love it! Best thing out just now. Great cast, so many good characters

There are 6 seasons if I remember right. 1&2 are alright. Although if you don't like it half way through 1, just leave it. It takes a dip in 3&4 IMO. 5 is alright and 6 was good.

You won't like any of the characters. There isn't a hero waiting to save the day. It's massively far fetched although some the the finales are pretty well done and come out of the blue.

Never got better than 6 out of 10 for me. I stuck with it because the wife was glued to it. As I said, if you don't love it by now, your not going to.

Cheers, that was helpful

Will Arnett's new show on netflix Flaked is alright so far.

Watched the first episode just now didnt like it at all.

Watched the first episode just now didnt like it at all.

It gets better as long as you don't go on thinking Arnett is playing his usual roles as its not a comedy or sitcom. I watched it all in one go and liked it.

Gerd Muller

Wooft, just rattled through 7 episodes of Trapped since finishing my work this afternoon, keeping last 3 episodes for tomorrow evening. What a programme. All the characters are good.

It gets better as long as you don't go on thinking Arnett is playing his usual roles as its not a comedy or sitcom. I watched it all in one go and liked it.

Probably why i didnt like it as it was billed as a comedy on imdb.I did like the frame on his bird in the first episode though.

Probably why i didnt like it as it was billed as a comedy on imdb.I did like the frame on his bird in the first episode though.

I was the same at first thinking ok its an unfunny comedy but you realise its more slightly dramatic. Fair play to Arnett he carrys off the performance fantastically more so the last 2 episodes. I only watched it cause i couldnae sleep after night shift last night.

Brotherhood

Just started watching this on Sky ondemand all three series of it are on there.Jason Clarke is a politician and his brother Jason Isaacs is a gangster.

Its based on Whitey Bulger and has been good so far.

Say What Again

Netflix email just in saying season 2 of Daredevil starts next Friday. Loved the first series.

Tut tut, Taz.

Either get me off ignore, or pay more attention to this thread :lol:

Joking aside, I get most of my tv news from this thread. A lot of great shouts. Daredevil being one of them. I don't think I'd have watched it had it not been for folk on this thread bumming it up. I thought oh great, another marvel rehash.

Loved it :thumb:

Daredevil season 2 back on March 18th.

New trailer just released this afternoon.

:yas:

Edited by Say What Again

Riddley Walker

Netflix email just in saying season 2 of Daredevil starts next Friday. Loved the first series.

Can't wait for this.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series