Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Much better episode of Hannibal this week, still a few ridiculous 'arty for the sake of it' shots though.

(Slow-motion shot of a coin dropping into a telephone ffs)

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Monday nights are good for catching all the US episodes that aired over the weekend. I'm watching The Brink, Ballers and True Detective.

Anyone else watching Ballers? Set around NFL in Miami and Dwayne Johnson plays a recently retired pro moving in to financial management? I'm really enjoying it. Cracking opening credits with Miami and a Lil Wayne track. Recommended.

Monday nights are good for catching all the US episodes that aired over the weekend. I'm watching The Brink, Ballers and True Detective.

Anyone else watching Ballers? Set around NFL in Miami and Dwayne Johnson plays a recently retired pro moving in to financial management? I'm really enjoying it. Cracking opening credits with Miami and a Lil Wayne track. Recommended.

Loving it, watched the first 3 episodes.

I came on to recommend it.

Did anyone watch "The Librarians" on SyFy earlier in the year?

I quite enjoyed it. Good bit of fun.

The Brink is superb. 

Def recommend it. 

...a bit disco

Seems to be sci fi season with a whole host of shows returning.

The Strain.

The Last Ship.

Defiance.

Dominion.

Two new shows looking good are Dark Matter and The Whispers.

...a bit disco

I recorded Twelve Monkeys but haven't started it yet. Should I bother?

Yes

Took me two attempts to get into it but was worth it.

Seems to be sci fi season with a whole host of shows returning.

The Strain.

The Last Ship.

Defiance.

Dominion.

Two new shows looking good are Dark Matter and The Whispers.

Defiance was unusual but good.

I've missed the first eps of S3. Need to try and catch up. 

...a bit disco

Defiance was unusual but good.

I've missed the first eps of S3. Need to try and catch up.

Without giving anything away the first episode is quite brutal in a Sons Of Anarchy kind of way!

Mr. Robot.

So so good, brand new series about a corporate hack on a conglomerate in America. Slick and sexy, well worth a watch.

Jambof3tornado

Falling skies is back on too, last series, plus series 2 of the last ship.

Watched the 1st few episodes of black sails and its pretty good and now onto the last series of vikings which has been excellent.

Rudolf's Mate

I'm still looking forward to watching Hannibal. Won't start it until the final episodes about to be aired though as I struggle to remember wtf happened in the last episode [emoji3]

Started watching Sense8 last night.

Extremely weird/creepy/amazing.

Edited by NatCurr

The Internet

I'm letting all the episodes of Hannibal build up then going to watch them back to back. Heard mixed things up until recently but really looking forward to it anyway. Season two had some outstanding moments.

There are around seven episodes left of this season I think. It's sad that it's unlikely to find a new network.

The indifference to episodes in this season is warranted given what we've been used to but boy does it kick back into gear.

Thanks to this thread I'll be watching:

The Strain

Borgen

Veep

Madam Secretary

American Horror Story

At the moment I absolutey love Wayward Pines. Was really worried "the reveal" in episode five was just gonna make it stupid but thankfully that's not happened and it's not become the focus of the show as I expected. Watched episode 9 yesterday and can't wait for next week.

Humans on Channel 4 is also excellent.

I gave up on The Affair after about 5 episodes. Didn't like either of the main characters so found that I just didn't care what happened.

Surprised there's only been one mention of Scandal in the entire thread. Having said that I had the first five episodes of season one sitting on my Sky box unwatched for over a year. I finally watched episode one after I'd watched everything else on my box and loved it so much I proceeded to binge four seasons in a fortnight! It was available on Sky boxsets but not sure if they're there anymore.

8/10 on imdb and 8.5/10 on tv.com so don't just take my word for it!

There are around seven episodes left of this season I think. It's sad that it's unlikely to find a new network.

The indifference to episodes in this season is warranted given what we've been used to but boy does it kick back into gear.

I'm sure I read all of the cast were released from their contracts so that's it pretty much dead. The first few episodes of this season were a bit meh so I think I'll wait until the season's over and binge it.

Thanks to this thread I'll be watching:

The Strain

Borgen

Veep

Madam Secretary

American Horror Story

At the moment I absolutey love Wayward Pines. Was really worried "the reveal" in episode five was just gonna make it stupid but thankfully that's not happened and it's not become the focus of the show as I expected. Watched episode 9 yesterday and can't wait for next week.

Humans on Channel 4 is also excellent.

I gave up on The Affair after about 5 episodes. Didn't like either of the main characters so found that I just didn't care what happened.

Surprised there's only been one mention of Scandal in the entire thread. Having said that I had the first five episodes of season one sitting on my Sky box unwatched for over a year. I finally watched episode one after I'd watched everything else on my box and loved it so much I proceeded to binge four seasons in a fortnight! It was available on Sky boxsets but not sure if they're there anymore.

8/10 on imdb and 8.5/10 on tv.com so don't just take my word for it!

Loving wayward pines too just now. As for the strain, second season has started well, really entertaining.

Humans is very watchable, I agree

Mr. Robot.

So so good, brand new series about a corporate hack on a conglomerate in America. Slick and sexy, well worth a watch.

I'll second this - 1st episode in and it looks very promising.

Stuart McNeill

Hannibal just got two screwed up.

Not surprised it's been cancelled.

However, four episodes into Mr robot and enjoying it soo much.

Hannibal just got two screwed up.

Not surprised it's been cancelled.

However, four episodes into Mr robot and enjoying it soo much.

Aye Hannibal was a bit radge, way too screwed up for mainstream. Was good though!

Jambof3tornado

Currently watching Black Sails and have to say it's excellent. Really enjoying it

I have about 5 episodes of series 2 to go. Its been really good.

Anyone watch all of the us remake of les revenants? Differed a bit in parts from the French version, but on the whole was disappointing in comparison,hence lack of a second season

Anyone watch all of the us remake of les revenants? Differed a bit in parts from the French version, but on the whole was disappointing in comparison,hence lack of a second season

Watched the fist episode and switched it off in disgust.  What the yanks don't seem to have worked out yet, is that some of these shows are successful due to the cinematography, atmosphere, location etc.. Not just the storyline or quality of the actor.  As an example:-  The original series, the bus just vanishes off the side of the cliff in almost complete silence.  In the remake, bloody background music... Ruined the scene.

This is why so many of their remakes fail (sometimes they get it right).

Carl Fredrickson

Just finished the first season of The Following. Totally mental but I quite enjoyed it. Quite a few WTF moments. 

The wife out on Sense8 or 8 Sense but we switched it off after about 10 minutes of the first episode. 

We have started on Fringe and 6 episodes in i am quite enjoying it. It minds me a bit of the early Xfiles (early 90s, bbc 2 at 9pm for half an hour) before they went all alien. 

Wayward Pines just gets better and better. I haven't looked forward to new episodes of a programme this much in a long time.

So Mr Robot I take it everybody has noticed something not right with Christain Slater's character.I first noticed in the 2nd episode but I was probably slow on the uptake.

...a bit disco

Currently boxsetting Space 1999 with Sapphire & Steel and Survivors lined up.

So Mr Robot I take it everybody has noticed something not right with Christain Slater's character.I first noticed in the 2nd episode but I was probably slow on the uptake.

Tyler Durdern esque?

That's it

Yes, I get you. But latest episode kinda throws you off that scent. Intentionally or not I am unsure. Really good series though.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series