Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Oldy but a goody is a series from America called 'Weeds'. Follows a suburban Mum who's husband dies, so she gets in to selling drugs to pay the bills. Just spirals further out of control over quite a few series, really good though.

I agree with what you say about this show. It does indeed spiral out of control after a couple of series. I stopped watchng it as it became just stupid and unbelievable. 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone watched Tyrant? Any good? Seen season 2 advertised on fox last night and it thought it looked decent.

Watched the first series. Thought it was pretty good. Not watched any of the 2nd series yet.

Just finished watching Wayward Pines. Thoroughly enjoyed it. A bit different but definitely worth watching.

BRAVEHEART1874

The minority report show based on the Tom cruise film first couple of episodes are good anyways.

The new heroes reborn has so far 4 of the same actors from the original series and seems to be getting better as the episodes go along.

I am still waiting on new series of black sails/ hell on wheels/ better call Saul / daredevil/ but until then Gotham will have to do ;)

The minority report show based on the Tom cruise film first couple of episodes are good anyways.

The new heroes reborn has so far 4 of the same actors from the original series and seems to be getting better as the episodes go along.

I am still waiting on new series of black sails/ hell on wheels/ better call Saul / daredevil/ but until then Gotham will have to do ;)

If you like Daredevil Jessica Jones starts sometime this month on Netflix and early reviews of the pilot have it as very good.

...a bit disco

Elementary has just returned for it's fourth season.

Johnny Lee Miller making a good job of playing Sherlock Holmes in America with Lucy Liu as the MILFy eye-candy Watson.

Looking for something new to watch. I've seen all the old favourites like 24, sopranos, lost etc just finished Fringe and currently up to date with Game of Thrones, the following and the blacklist.

Anyone recommend something else? (Tried breaking bad but got to episode 5 and gave up!)

You gave up on breaking bad, oh dear, nevermind, sounds like you need something which you can get instant enjoyment out of, i reccomend the comedy series "its always sunny in Philadelphia" easy short episodes great fun to watch

You gave up on breaking bad, oh dear, nevermind, sounds like you need something which you can get instant enjoyment out of, i reccomend the comedy series "its always sunny in Philadelphia" easy short episodes great fun to watch

Always Sunny is outstanding.

Watched the first episode of Netflix and Marvels new show Jessica Jones. Its alright stars the lassie who was in Breaking Bad that Jesse was with that Overdosed and David Tennant though he's just been blink and you'll miss him so far.

Watched the first episode of Netflix and Marvels new show Jessica Jones. Its alright stars the lassie who was in Breaking Bad that Jesse was with that Overdosed and David Tennant though he's just been blink and you'll miss him so far.

I thought it was great and she is really good in it.Only watched the first episode but i think this is going to be really good,not your usual Marvel stuff at all.

I thought it was great and she is really good in it.Only watched the first episode but i think this is going to be really good,not your usual Marvel stuff at all.

Watched 2 eps and its good so far. The boy she was spying on is also getting his own show.

Watched 2 eps and its good so far. The boy she was spying on is also getting his own show.

Aye he is also in season 2 of Daredevil.Sure in the comics he is her husband.

Aye he is also in season 2 of Daredevil.Sure in the comics he is her husband.

Also Marvels the defender's and iron fist getting made for Netflix.

Also Marvels the defender's and iron fist getting made for Netflix.

Think all the characters from the Marvel Netflix shows form the part of the Defenders tv show.Its pretty much like the Defenders is the tv equivalent of Avengers although so far i think it is far better than the Avengers universe.

The Punisher is also getting his own Netflix show after season 2 of Daredevil has aired although he will be appearing in season 2 of Daredevil.

Also Iron Fist being made and maybe Blade.

Edited by vegas-voss

Rudolf's Mate

Got round to watching Mr Robot. Admittedly it gets to a point (early doors) whereby your thinking wtf however it gets stronger as it goes on. Thought it was weird but really, really good.

Also watched all Fear the Walking Dead. Decent and worth watching and definitely got potential.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jack D and coke

Started on Sons of Anarchy and I'm not sure I can get past how much of a ***** Charlie Hunnam is. Green Street keeps replaying in my head! A truly dreadful actor he's spoiling it for me. I'm only 6 episodes in so I'll stick with it and see if I can move past how much I want to cave his skull in every time he opens his mouth[emoji1]

Started on Sons of Anarchy and I'm not sure I can get past how much of a ***** Charlie Hunnam is. Green Street keeps replaying in my head! A truly dreadful actor he's spoiling it for me. I'm only 6 episodes in so I'll stick with it and see if I can move past how much I want to cave his skull in every time he opens his mouth[emoji1]

Stick with it mate, first 3 series are ok, the oirish (season 3 i think) is a bit tedious but series 4 onwards is outstanding.

The Bridge returns tonight on BBC4.  First two seasons have been outstanding so looking forward to this. .

One of the only series ive actually watched for a couple of seasons then decided i didnt like it ! ...I just didnt like many of the characters so had really no interest in it. Hated the mother character ( Gemma)....

Malinga the Swinga

Glad someone mentioned Elementary; really enjoy this series and how characters develop.

Watch The Leftovers but it is hard going as the story is going nowhere and we are well into season 2. The dead woman who keeps appearing to Kevin was a pain when she was alive and is even more so now.

Looking forward to Blindspot starting this week.

On season 4 of Sons of Anarchy but agree with poster above who didn't like Gemma. If she and her stupid husband Clay would just go away and leave everyone else alone, things would be a lot better for the rest of the Sons.

Rudolf's Mate

Stick with it mate, first 3 series are ok, the oirish (season 3 i think) is a bit tedious but series 4 onwards is outstanding.

I was telling Jack the other day that it took me 3 attempts to get into SOA. First 2 attempts I just couldn't get beyond episode 2/3 at all. A mate of mine constantly badgered me to give the first season a chance and I remember getting to around episode 7/8 and it just turning.

The Irish season was pretty grim though however, as you've said it just gets better and better.

I was telling Jack the other day that it took me 3 attempts to get into SOA. First 2 attempts I just couldn't get beyond episode 2/3 at all. A mate of mine constantly badgered me to give the first season a chance and I remember getting to around episode 7/8 and it just turning.

The Irish season was pretty grim though however, as you've said it just gets better and better.

I found it just became more and more total nonsense.

I just didnt believe in any of the characters.Sopranos was great.

Yeah exactly how i felt about SOA.  However The Sopranos is the great tv series. 

Most recent leftovers episode a bit wtf but absolutely amazing at the same time. Little bit of light shed on the origins of certain mysteries

RobboScoresAgain

I agree with what you say about this show. It does indeed spiral out of control after a couple of series. I stopped watchng it as it became just stupid and unbelievable. 

I got hooked on it so watched the whole lot but can see how some would be put off the more outlandish it becomes. Was worth watching just for the uncle in it, his character was hilarious throughout.

Malinga the Swinga

Watched first episode of Blindspot and quite enjoyed it. Look forward to seeing how it develops over next few weeks.

I also have to admit that on a Thursday night, I have a guilty secret. I really like watching 'First Dates' on C4. Appreciate it isn't most people's cup of. Tea but some of the couples make me laugh as they try to make an impression on each other. I also think one of the waitresses is a bit of a looker.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Arthur Morgan

Watched first episode of Blindspot and quite enjoyed it. Look forward to seeing how it develops over next few weeks.

I also have to admit that on a Thursday night, I have a guilty secret. I really like watching 'First Dates' on C4. Appreciate it isn't most people's cup of. Tea but some of the couples make me laugh as they try to make an impression on each other. I also think one of the waitresses is a bit of a looker.

I watch 'First Dates' as well. It's pretty funny tbh and yeah I know which waitress you're talking about (I think).

If you like Daredevil Jessica Jones starts sometime this month on Netflix and early reviews of the pilot have it as very good.

I'm on the second episode of this now. Shaping up pretty well and she's a pretty unusual main character. Borderline alcoholic private investigator with post traumatic stress disorder. They're letting the whole thing build up at an easy pace.

I'm on the second episode of this now. Shaping up pretty well and she's a pretty unusual main character. Borderline alcoholic private investigator with post traumatic stress disorder. They're letting the whole thing build up at an easy pace.

I think she is very good in the role as well.

sounds interesting i might give it a try

just watched the first episode of jessica jones, has promise i quite liked it. sort of an anti-hero female lead

Edited by milky_26

Say What Again

Il get to Jessica Jones shortly. Having never been a comic book fan (examples off the top off my head, Agents of Shield, Gotham), Netflix nailed Daredevil.

I'm not now going to run about arguing with folk that the Green Lantern would take the Silver Surfer etc, but I'll watch tv shows I like.

Say What Again

I'll be repeating myself on this thread, and once again risking the wrath of the Game of Thrones fans who don't already have me on ignore, but the best I've watched in 2015 - in order:

Narcos

Daredevil

Black Sails s2

Vikings s3

Last 4 episodes of GoT

And those last episodes were nothing less than great GoT fans. Just accept the first 3 were dull.

Funny how The Walking Dead thread has its fans slating the 'filler' episodes, but the Game of Thrones thread has folk jizzing their pants

Say What Again

How much English speaking is in Narcos? Can't stand things with subtitles.

Less than 50/50. All the Colombian chat is subtitled.

It really works though. Subtitles, narrators, real life footage shown instead of the actor playing the character. They pull it off.

They say 'politico' a lot. I had it in my head for a week :lol:

Edited by Say What Again

I'll be repeating myself on this thread, and once again risking the wrath of the Game of Thrones fans who don't already have me on ignore, but the best I've watched in 2015 - in order:

Narcos

Daredevil

Black Sails s2

Vikings s3

Last 4 episodes of GoT

And those last episodes were nothing less than great GoT fans. Just accept the first 3 were dull.

Funny how The Walking Dead thread has its fans slating the 'filler' episodes, but the Game of Thrones thread has folk jizzing their pants

Did you not watch Gomorrah?

Thats the best one i have watched in a long time.

Rudolf's Mate

Narcos

Daredevil

Black Sails s2

Vikings s3

Last 4 episodes of GoT

Jack D made a decent point re viewing pattern and possible impact it can have on your view of episodes.

I tend to always wait until a seasons finished so I can rattle through them. As a result I really haven't seen the dips as badly as others who watch it as its aired. If i watch a weaker episode it's generally gone as I've moved onto the next and quickly forgotten about. Others are stuck with it for a week!

jack D and coke

I found it just became more and more total nonsense.

I struggled with the early episodes but a few people have told me to stick with it. I'm on the last episode of season 1 and tbh it's not been bad but I agree there is some nonsensical stuff.

I'm kind of into it a bit with the characters so I'll persevere a bit longer.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series