Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

jack D and coke

Jack D made a decent point re viewing pattern and possible impact it can have on your view of episodes.

I tend to always wait until a seasons finished so I can rattle through them. As a result I really haven't seen the dips as badly as others who watch it as its aired. If i watch a weaker episode it's generally gone as I've moved onto the next and quickly forgotten about. Others are stuck with it for a week!

Aye it definitely does. Your still enjoying walking dead but I think I've went right off it since I've been watching one a week. I'm still watching purely out of habit now but I've started to find fault everywhere instead of just jumping to the next episode.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I struggled with the early episodes but a few people have told me to stick with it. I'm on the last episode of season 1 and tbh it's not been bad but I agree there is some nonsensical stuff.

I'm kind of into it a bit with the characters so I'll persevere a bit longer.

I watched it for 4 seasons and just had enough of it.Dont know how i ever made it that far as i said early in the thread i just never believed in any of the characters. Edited by vegas-voss

jack D and coke

I watched it for 4 seasons and just had enough of it.Dont know how i ever made it that far as i said early in the thread i just never believed in any of the characters.

I know where your coming from tbh.

Going to try and find a torrent of the Irish mobster show Brotherhood. Did anybody watch this when it was on a few years ago now. I had never heard of it but seeminly it was very good.

Say What Again

Did you not watch Gomorrah?

Thats the best one i have watched in a long time.

I did, and it was excellent.

Felt longer ago than this year though!

I did, and it was excellent.

Felt longer ago than this year though!

Maybe was might have been the end of the year before.

Good news is its already getting a third season even before the 2nd has aired.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/global/the-weinstein-company-and-many-others-re-up-for-second-series-of-sky-hit-mob-show-gomorrah-exclusive-1201533110/

Edited by vegas-voss

Jack D made a decent point re viewing pattern and possible impact it can have on your view of episodes.

I tend to always wait until a seasons finished so I can rattle through them. As a result I really haven't seen the dips as badly as others who watch it as its aired. If i watch a weaker episode it's generally gone as I've moved onto the next and quickly forgotten about. Others are stuck with it for a week!

Narcos is on my to watch list.  The Bridge 3 is now on BBC3 . Thats terrific. Heard Gommorah is great too. Also got " Mr Robot" to watch. 

Carl Fredrickson

I loved Narcos. Not usually one for shows with subtitles but I was hooked early on.

Was going to start watching series 3 of The Bridge but upon checking, noticed that we hadnt watched season 2! Made a start to season 2 tonight. Despite all the subtitles, it is probably in my top 3 favourite shoes. 

Rudolf's Mate

The Shadow Line

BBC Drama from 2011 however to date it was one of the best things I've watched on TV. Some big names in it with huge performances. I posted this really for anyone who hasn't seen it as they've missed out on something outstanding.

Say What Again

Totally agree.

That's how I prefer to watch full seasons - though i do watch Vikings, Walking Dead, and Game of Thrones, as they air.

Rudolf's Mate

Man in the High Castle.

Really not feeling the love for this. Rated really highly however whilst being a decent idea it's ver slow going. Not bad characters but it just seems like it's plodding along with little happening. Intrusion ending to the season but not one episode had me thinking that was great.

Moved onto Hand of God and after 20 mins it's already showing more promise.

Man in the High Castle.

Really not feeling the love for this. Rated really highly however whilst being a decent idea it's ver slow going. Not bad characters but it just seems like it's plodding along with little happening. Intrusion ending to the season but not one episode had me thinking that was great.

Moved onto Hand of God and after 20 mins it's already showing more promise.

I really like it a bit different from anything else out there and more a thriller.Wasnt really sure about Hand Of God will need to check it out he puts me off it though unless he is Hellboy i cant seem to stick him in anything else.

Rudolf's Mate

I really like it a bit different from anything else out there and more a thriller.Wasnt really sure about Hand Of God will need to check it out he puts me off it though unless he is Hellboy i cant seem to stick him in anything else.

Kinda know what you mean re Ron. Didn't really take to him in SOA though he grew on me a bit. Quite liking him in HoG though. Watched the first episode and it's got that twist at the end that pulls you right in.

Man in the HC had that but IMO it then failed with a really slow build up which didn't really grip you until the end of the season. Reading this people might think that I'm someone who doesn't like slow stuff but that couldn't be further from the truth.

I guess it's down to personal taste.

Kinda know what you mean re Ron. Didn't really take to him in SOA though he grew on me a bit. Quite liking him in HoG though. Watched the first episode and it's got that twist at the end that pulls you right in.

Man in the HC had that but IMO it then failed with a really slow build up which didn't really grip you until the end of the season. Reading this people might think that I'm someone who doesn't like slow stuff but that couldn't be further from the truth.

I guess it's down to personal taste.

Its not the best series i have watched and i will admit its not got me gripped they way the first episode did when i watched the pilot months ago.Not one i can watch a whole season in a couple of sittings but i am liking watching it in between other shows.Will try Hand Of God this week is it a running series or self contained episodes as i am not really into shows that are self contained and everything is wrapped up each episode like csi and the like.

Rudolf's Mate

Its not the best series i have watched and i will admit its not got me gripped they way the first episode did when i watched the pilot months ago.Not one i can watch a whole season in a couple of sittings but i am liking watching it in between other shows.Will try Hand Of God this week is it a running series or self contained episodes as i am not really into shows that are self contained and everything is wrapped up each episode like csi and the like.

Seems to be one main story. It's possible it could incorporate sub stories throughout but it definitely looks like the series is centred on a main aspect. In fact it most definitely is.

Don't want to give too much away.

Seems to be one main story. It's possible it could incorporate sub stories throughout but it definitely looks like the series is centred on a main aspect. In fact it most definitely is.

Don't want to give too much away.

Nice one will watch the first couple tomorrow.

Into The Badlands

Another hit from AMC i think.Martial Arts romp set set in the future after war has ravaged earth(the usual wateland type stuff).5 Barons control the Badlands with one female Baron aiming to take out the rest to help her do this she is looking for some gifted kid who just happens to have been befriended by another barons righthand man.Some decent martial arts fight scenes in it.

Firts 3 episodes are on Prime.

Wasnt really taken up with Hand Of God but good hook at the end of episode one so will keep watching.Garret Dillahunt is great actor as well never seem him bad in anything.

Les revenants season two was top notch. Not all answers were given though which was frustrating, although there's scope for a third season.

Rudolf's Mate

Wasnt really taken up with Hand Of God but good hook at the end of episode one so will keep watching.Garret Dillahunt is great actor as well never seem him bad in anything.

The paring of Garret and Pearlman is brilliant. Car crash stuff as the season unfolds.

Disser Pointon

Into The Badlands

Another hit from AMC i think.Martial Arts romp set set in the future after war has ravaged earth(the usual wateland type stuff).5 Barons control the Badlands with one female Baron aiming to take out the rest to help her do this she is looking for some gifted kid who just happens to have been befriended by another barons righthand man.Some decent martial arts fight scenes in it.

Firts 3 episodes are on Prime.

Watched the first 3, enjoying it.

Watched the first 3, enjoying it.

4th episode is pretty good as well. Its a cheesy but enjoyable series nothing too taxing on the brain and plenty of action. Quinn could get a job doing panto at the Playhouse though.

Rudolf's Mate

Finished Hand of God and was pretty decent. Not amazing but worth watching.

Moved onto Bosch and it's started quite well. 

Disser Pointon

Been watching Blindspot. Quite enjoyable. Anyone else partaken as yet?

Have watched the first 3 but not sure I'll stick with it.The storyline is decent but it's hell of a cheesy and the acting is awful!

jack D and coke

I watched it for 4 seasons and just had enough of it.Dont know how i ever made it that far as i said early in the thread i just never believed in any of the characters.

I'm on season 3 now and I 100% get what you mean. I still don't really believe in the characters and the storyline is getting sillier. The accents of the northern Irish guys is also doing my ******* head in. Ridiculously bad, are any of them Irish? Their accents are really, really shite[emoji1]

Why can't they employ an actor who is American instead of Hunnam and why couldn't they find some Irish actors?

Strangely though I'm still watching....

Edited by jack D and coke

Carl Fredrickson

We have 4 episodes of the Bridge 3 to watch. Really enjoyed it so far. In some ways I dont want to watch the last 4 as I dont want it to end!

Made a start to the second season of Fargo and as with the first season, it is most enjoyable

We have 4 episodes of the Bridge 3 to watch. Really enjoyed it so far. In some ways I dont want to watch the last 4 as I dont want it to end!

Made a start to the second season of Fargo and as with the first season, it is most enjoyable

Only one to go for me. Was worried it wouldn't be the same without Kim Bodnia in it, but it has been excellent.

Saga is a brilliant character.

Edited by Ray Gin

Carl Fredrickson

Only one to go for me. Was worried it wouldn't be the same without Kim Bodnia in it, but it has been excellent.

Saga is a brilliant character.

That was my thoughts too but the script, production and acting are 1st class. 

Saga is amazing. I read a few articles about the actress who plays her and how Saga may be a bit autistic..... 

She definitely has some aspergers traits.

The book she buys her colleague's daughter in episode 9. :rofl:

Did laugh at that

think we,ll be getting a fourth series?Could the investigation into Henriks family last for ten episodes?

Say What Again

That last episode :wow:

I'll be very disappointed if there isn't a fourth series.

Save me scrolling back guys (though it's probably on this page :lol: ) what show you talking about?

the Bridge is terrific and Sofia Helin is a fine actress. Her breakdown in the last episode was amazing acting.  Im sure there will be a 4th series. I also like her interaction with her new sidekick. They play well together. 

Carl Fredrickson

Just finished season 3 of the Bridge and my word what a show!

There isnt one poor actor in it and the scripts and production is stunning. I am not a fan of subtitles but this show has blown me away

Now watching Making of A Murderer on Netflix. On second episode and it is crazy what has happened to the guy Avery who was wrongfully imprisoned for 18 years. 

jack D and coke

I take back everything I said about Sons of Anarchy. I can't quite put my finger on exactly what clicked but I think it's brilliant now after being very meh about it.

Watched season 4 in less than two days and nearly done 5 in the same amount of time[emoji1]

I take back everything I said about Sons of Anarchy. I can't quite put my finger on exactly what clicked but I think it's brilliant now after being very meh about it.

Watched season 4 in less than two days and nearly done 5 in the same amount of time[emoji1]

Season 3 was terrible. Definitely improves massively after that.

jack D and coke

Season 3 was terrible. Definitely improves massively after that.

Definitely kicks into gear season 4 I agree. It was like watching a different show.

Going to try and find a torrent of the Irish mobster show Brotherhood. Did anybody watch this when it was on a few years ago now. I had never heard of it but seeminly it was very good.

Have you seen LOVE/HATE ? Brilliant.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series