• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Say What Again

Gutted NBC have cancelled Hannibal.hopefully it will find a new network

I'm a fan too, but - and I know it's only two episodes in - I almost feel like season 3 was going to disappear up its own arse. Yes it's always had that arty direction, but the in the first episode of this season, every second shot was a slo-mo of blood dripping etc.

Still a bit peeved it's been binned though.

Rudolf's Mate

But gutted to hear that about Hannibal. Was possibly my fav show.

As always, I'm waiting until this season has ended before watching them all back to back.

I'm a fan too, but - and I know it's only two episodes in - I almost feel like season 3 was going to disappear up its own arse. Yes it's always had that arty direction, but the in the first episode of this season, every second shot was a slo-mo of blood dripping etc.

Agree this season has taken a more sedate turn,definitely preferred the intensity of last season,but there's still plenty time. It's as if because of the setting of this season, it feels like there's an obligation to be arty.

...a bit disco

The Last Ship season 2 has just kicked off in the States.

weststand93

Working my way though Dexter , on season 6 now and this season is by far the worst one . The story's are bad not sure if it's because Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter was going through a divorce at the time.

The first two episodes of Hannibal season 3 have been far too arty farty and style over substance.I also now hate the Will Graham character and wish he had just died last season.

True Detective season 2 has started in the U.S.

First episode was good , looks like their will be a few good characters in it.

mrmarkus1981

I never watched past the 1st episode for this very reason.

Seymour M Hersh

Enjoying Madam Secretary (Tia Leoni is easy on the eye) and also Murder in the first which given recent events in the US is a bit close to the bone but pretty good.

I could tell it was going to get cancelled after the first episode, tbf I thinkmnit would only of had vanothervseason in it before it became repetitive

JudyJudyJudy

Season 1 and 2 are brilliant, loses it's way a bit after that. Think it was another one affected by the writers strike.

Yes this is one of those shows that completely and literally lost the plot after a  couple of seasons. The 3 rd season was pathetic. This also happened with Dexter and Oz. 

JudyJudyJudy

The first two episodes of Hannibal season 3 have been far too arty farty and style over substance.I also now hate the Will Graham character and wish he had just died last season.

I love Hannibal but definately agree with you. FFS are the actors on methadone or valium with their slow speech patterns. Or is that meant to be " arty".. whatever it is its really grating and rather boring. However the good news is it will liven up once Hannibal gets back to America and the tooth fairy appears.. Still i loved the Florence scenery but i can watch travel programmes to see that.

Thinking about starting Bloodline. Anyone watched it?

I enjoyed it. But that's not necessarily a recommendation.....

Just started watching "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia". 3 episodes in to the first season and I love it already. Very funny. 

Nobody else watch this? 

On to season 2 now. It is quality! 

Nobody else watch this?

On to season 2 now. It is quality!

Im just about to finish Season 5. Its excellent.

Thinking about starting Bloodline. Anyone watched it?

I'm on episode nine or ten. I think it's quite decent.

Rudolf's Mate

Opted to give Outlander a try and despite being a wee bit of a love story I wasn't disappointed. Plenty of gore and the Mrs said its one of the best things she's seen.

Moving onto Daredevil next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Real Maroonblood

Enjoying Madam Secretary (Tia Leoni is easy on the eye) and also Murder in the first which given recent events in the US is a bit close to the bone but pretty good.

I like Madam Secretary.

Each episode has its own story which I prefer.

It's always sunny in Philadelphia is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. Finished season 10 and it never gets old or repeats itself. Genuinely laugh out loud stuff, it's almost a British sense of humour if that makes sense. Anyway, the wife hates it so I know it must be proper funny.

I've just started watching Spartacus. Worth a watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say What Again

I put off watching it as I suspected you'd need to be a bit of a comic book geek to appreciate it. Not at all. One of the best series I've watched this year.

Black Sails, Vikings, and the second half of Game of Thrones being the rest.

I put off watching it as I suspected you'd need to be a bit of a comic book geek to appreciate it. Not at all. One of the best series I've watched this year.

Where are you getting Vikings from? I watched a few episodes over Xmas when I had a free trial with the Amazon streaming, now that's finished I can't see it anywhere else.

Is it exclusive to Amazon?

Edit: also need to get into Game of Thrones. Seen one episode half way through the first series & that's it!

Edited by madvladsdad

Say What Again

Amazon gets it first here, with the History channel showing the latest series 6 months or so later.

vegas-voss

Opted to give Outlander a try and despite being a wee bit of a love story I wasn't disappointed. Plenty of gore and the Mrs said its one of the best things she's seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I watched the first episode of Daredevil with the wife when it first aired and we both thought it was alright but not great.Anyway went back to it last night and watched the next 6 episodes in a row.It's fantastic and just keeps getting better and better.Also a lot darker than other Marvel stuff I hope the other Defenders stuff Netflix has planned follows suit as I think I like this far more than the family friendly Avengers.

andyscott82

I've just started watching Spartacus. Worth a watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent choice - one of my favourite series in recent years.

Is orange is the new black any good?

After avoiding this for a long time despite lots of people I know recommending it I started watching it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Well written and acted with a good nasty baddy in the second series. 

Rudolf's Mate

Pretty much the same as me. In fact I only decided to give it a try after jumping in the car and hearing Radio 1 interview the lead character. All of 7 secs with someone saying that it had taken the UK by storm! Not sure how correct the comment was but decided I would give it a bash.

I watched the first episode of Daredevil with the wife when it first aired and we both thought it was alright but not great.Anyway went back to it last night and watched the next 6 episodes in a row.It's fantastic and just keeps getting better and better.Also a lot darker than other Marvel stuff I hope the other Defenders stuff Netflix has planned follows suit as I think I like this far more than the family friendly Avengers.

Good to hear. I'll probably stick it on later this evening [emoji106]

Van Wilder

Just finished Crossing Lines, and on to Ray Donovan at the moment both were pretty good.

Been recommended the Strain, so going to download and check that out.

Any more recommendations?

Rudolf's Mate

Just finished Crossing Lines, and on to Ray Donovan at the moment both were pretty good.

Been recommended the Strain, so going to download and check that out.

Any more recommendations?

Did you watch season 2 of Crossing Lines? I watched the first one and hands up thought it was brilliant. I thought the second was a joke and gave up halfway through. It wasn't the storyline and was the acting. It went weird for some bizarre reason. Really fake and ruined it for me.

Say What Again

Elektra, played by Elodie Yung, confirmed for season 2 of Daredevil.

772597-elodie-yung-637x0-1.jpg

The Punisher, played by John Berthnal (Shane from Walking Dead) had already been confirmed.

vegas-voss

Elektra, played by Elodie Yung, confirmed for season 2 of Daredevil.

772597-elodie-yung-637x0-1.jpg

The Punisher, played by John Berthnal (Shane from Walking Dead) had already been confirmed.

He is a great actor.Wonder if Bullseye will show up as well last rumour had Statham as the man they wanted for that part.

Say What Again

Can see why Hannibal has been cancelled, this season has been a major disappointment so far.

I'll probably watch it, just to see it out - though I don't expect much of an ending.

It's been dreadful. All slo-mo's, flashbacks, dream sequences, and the intellectual verbal exchange which hardly progresses the story at all. I've found myself taking more interest in my phone while it's on.

Edited by Say What Again

weststand93

finished with Dexter. very good show shame the ending was shit. just finished season 2 of Ray Donovan really like this show. 

Gave 12 Monkeys a second chance.

It's actually not too bad.

12 Monkeys got better as the series panned out.

I really enjoyed it.

Sky currently have all 4 seasons of Veep on catchup/box sets (Season 4 is all on there although it's not yet been shown on Sky Atlantic).

This is a show that gets better each season.

New series of Ray Donovan starting next week, hopefully it will continue to be excellent!!

Been looking forward to this more than true detective actually.... excellent show

Fake or Fortune.

Watched this for the first time,now into series 4.

Last week they had 3 LS Lowry pictures and they had to investigate to see if they were real or fake.

Fascinating stuff and I really enjoyed the show.

Not the usual programme on this thread but we'll worth a look on Iplayer for something different.

Rudolf's Mate

Mrs wanted something to watch so watched the trailer for Ray Donavan & Daredevil. Neither took her fancy which delighted me as I'll watch them both.

We opted for Wayward Pines. 2 episodes in and whilst I'm enjoying it I am fecked off that Shalaman (whatever his name is) really doesn't have any original ideas! This is essentially just the idea he used for The Village (think that was it).

itsnomarooned

New series of Ray Donovan starting next week, hopefully it will continue to be excellent!!

Just started watching this - on episode 3 of first series. I take it you'd recommend sticking with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just started watching this - on episode 3 of first series. I take it you'd recommend sticking with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

YES! 

Season 1 starts of slow but builds. 

Season 2 - all new levels of crazy. 

It's superb. Probably one of those series that's very under rated. 

Van Wilder

Did you watch season 2 of Crossing Lines? I watched the first one and hands up thought it was brilliant. I thought the second was a joke and gave up halfway through. It wasn't the storyline and was the acting. It went weird for some bizarre reason. Really fake and ruined it for me.

Powered through with it, but still enjoyed it.

Epic TV show.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series