Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Carl Fredrickson

Watched 8 episodes of Making A Murderer on Netflix. Is anyone else watching this or watched it? 

It is about a guy who was released from prison after 18 years when DNA proves he didnt commit the crime. He sues the local sheriffs department but just as they are being depositioned he is arrested on another murder charge. 

The series is a documentary and shows how the defence team are attempting to clear the guy on the grounds of it being a stitch up.

I have two episodes to go and have no idea how it ends. I dont want to Google the case until I have finished watching it. 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HELP!!!

Iv started watching The Bridge

The Nordic version that i was watching didnt have sub titles.

I found an American version :uhoh2: from FX so no subtitles needed BUT am I watching the wrong version?

Should I be searching for the Nordic version with subs?

And  I notice that it only has 2 seasons  rather than 3 

Ta HHGH

HELP!!!

Iv started watching The Bridge

The Nordic version that i was watching didnt have sub titles.

I found an American version :uhoh2: from FX so no subtitles needed BUT am I watching the wrong version?

Should I be searching for the Nordic version with subs?

And I notice that it only has 2 seasons rather than 3

Ta HHGH

Yeah get the Nordic one with subs.

Carl Fredrickson

The Nordic one is the one to watch as the US one is rank

Series 1 and 2 are on Netflix and 3 is on Iplayer so I imagine if you are looking for them elsewhere, you should find them.

I've just got round to watching the first couple of episodes of Vikings. Looking good so far.

And after only 4 episodes I'm desperate for something really nasty to happen to that little bald shite that works for the earl.

jack D and coke

I finished Sons Of Anarchy and have to say I loved it in the end. It starts fairly slowly and I felt it was all a bit silly to begin with, I also struggled to get into the characters but I'm glad i stuck with it. Some shocking and heart wrenching moments towards the end too.

I'm not sure where I'd place it at the moment but it turned out to be very, very good and I have a big void now I've been watching this for weeks :sob:

I highly recommend you firstly start watching and secondly that you stick with it through the second and third season lulls it's great stuff.

The Shadow Line

BBC Drama from 2011 however to date it was one of the best things I've watched on TV. Some big names in it with huge performances. I posted this really for anyone who hasn't seen it as they've missed out on something outstanding.

Cheers for this . Im halfway through this and very good so far.  

Looking for something new to watch. I've seen all the old favourites like 24, sopranos, lost etc just finished Fringe and currently up to date with Game of Thrones, the following and the blacklist.

Anyone recommend something else? (Tried breaking bad but got to episode 5 and gave up!)

Surprised you didn't like Breaking Bad. But do watch Narcos. It's one heck of a show!

Looking for something new to watch. I've seen all the old favourites like 24, sopranos, lost etc just finished Fringe and currently up to date with Game of Thrones, the following and the blacklist.

Anyone recommend something else? (Tried breaking bad but got to episode 5 and gave up!)

Surprised you didn't like Breaking Bad. But do watch Narcos. It's one heck of a show!

Rudolf's Mate

Cheers for this . Im halfway through this and very good so far.

Some great names in it but sone brilliant performances. One of the best dramas I've seen on TV tbh.

The Shadowline - BBC TV Drama 2011  :2thumbsup:  Thanks for that Rudolf?s mate. I watched it over 3 nights

It must have been hard to watch with week gaps inbetween tho.

F Is For Family

Animated show on Netflix written and starring Bill Burr also has Sam Rockwell, Justin Long and Laura Dern. Watched the first couple and its pretty good.

Started watching Deutschland 83, a German show about an East German soldier forced to spy in the West.  First episode was really promising.

Rudolf's Mate

The Shadowline - BBC TV Drama 2011 :2thumbsup: Thanks for that Rudolf?s mate. I watched it over 3 nights

One of the few things in last 5 years that I've watched on a week by week basis. I might watch it again :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just watched Deutschland 83. Enjoyed it.

Got this recording on Sky Plus, looks decent. Going to blitz it once all the episodes have been shown.

Fargo

I dont think i have seen a bad episode of this yet over in 1.5 season now.

Just finished season 2 of this. Both seasons excellent and of the type where you need to set aside time or pull an all nighter.

I now have a Fargo shaped void looking to be filled. Any ideas ?

The Shadowline - BBC TV Drama 2011 :2thumbsup: Thanks for that Rudolf?s mate. I watched it over 3 nights

I watched it when it was originally on BBC2 - Damn it was good. It kept you coming back week after week.

I also thought "The Line of Duty" Series1 was very good and on a par with Shadow Line.

Edited by Mysterion

Wasnt really taken up with Hand Of God but good hook at the end of episode one so will keep watching.Garret Dillahunt is great actor as well never seem him bad in anything.

Started on Hand of God.

First ep was good and has an intriguing couple of twists. Hoping it continues to surprise.

jack D and coke

4 episodes in to Mr Robot.

It's ****ing weird.....

Not sure if I like it or not or if I can work out what's actually going on so far.

Carl Fredrickson

Late to the game as ever I've just started on Parks And Recreation in the last couple of days. Superb.

love it, So many cracking characters. 

jack D and coke

Finished Mr Robot and I'm not sure what to say other than it was pretty weird in the end and for me promised a bit more. Watchable.

4 episodes in to Mr Robot.

It's ******* weird.....

Not sure if I like it or not or if I can work out what's actually going on so far.

If you think its weird now wait until you get further into the series.

Edit: just seen your last post. The writers must have ran out of ideas. The last 2 episodes were trippin...

Edited by Pans Jambo

jack D and coke

If you think its weird now wait until you get further into the series.

Edit: just seen your last post. The writers must have ran out of ideas. The last 2 episodes were trippin...

Lol aye it kind of promised to be a more of an exciting finish but then like you say it was like the script writer dropped an acid and wrote the last two..

No one admitting to watching Transparent on Amazon? I think it's pretty good. All the characters are assholes

Ive watched it and its terrific.Funny humane and well acted. 

Sons of Anarchy was like the A-Team for adults. At times they couldn't hit a thing when shooting, other times they were expert marksmen. Always laughed at how they carelessly spat in disrespect on the bodies of someone they had taken out yet the hapless police force weren't able to pin anything on them somehow. Cameo from the Hoff was a fine moment!

Watched 8 episodes of Making A Murderer on Netflix. Is anyone else watching this or watched it? 

It is about a guy who was released from prison after 18 years when DNA proves he didnt commit the crime. He sues the local sheriffs department but just as they are being depositioned he is arrested on another murder charge. 

The series is a documentary and shows how the defence team are attempting to clear the guy on the grounds of it being a stitch up.

I have two episodes to go and have no idea how it ends. I dont want to Google the case until I have finished watching it. 

This was excellent.. I watched it all within about 2-3 days.. I couldnt believe some of the stuff that went on.. kept thinking it must have been fiction..

bit surprised it has not been mentioned more..

Carl Fredrickson

This was excellent.. I watched it all within about 2-3 days.. I couldnt believe some of the stuff that went on.. kept thinking it must have been fiction..

bit surprised it has not been mentioned more..

it now has its own thread (quite rightly). My mum (who is quite old) is now watching it. I am watching it with her as she has limited vision and needs someone to read stuff out. Second viewing makes me as angry as first. 

Just finished watching Bloodline on Netflix and what a great series it is. Had no expectations for/of it but I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Ive got Bloodline and Narcos on my watch list. Both apparently good. Just finished " Grace and Frankie" which stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin.  Its a comedy show with a good share of laughs and make some good points about getting older . Fonda looks amazing for 77 !  Ok she has had plenty plastic surgery but looks good. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series