Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

JudyJudyJudy

:rofl:

Dexter was dire towards the end of its run.Once one of the main characters was murdered ( il not say who) it lost any credibility.    I was glad when it ended. Whereas Breaking bad got better and better reaching its magnificent finale. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just finished true detective season two.thoroughly enjoyed it,as I did the first. All four leads were excellent,especially vaughn who turned in a performance I didn't think him capable of, full of menace and intensity.

Just finished true detective season two.thoroughly enjoyed it,as I did the first. All four leads were excellent,especially vaughn who turned in a performance I didn't think him capable of, full of menace and intensity.

Not sure what it is, but I just can't get into series 2. Turned off on episode 2....does it get better yeah?

Arthur Morgan

Just watched the most recent episode of Under The Dome: Series 3. It's good, really impressed with it. I liked the 2nd series more than the 1st and I would say the 3rd is just as good as the 2nd so far.

Not sure what it is, but I just can't get into series 2. Turned off on episode 2....does it get better yeah?

It does yeah. It's pretty complicated as you know but things become clearer but not really until the latter episodes. Farrell and vaughn kept my interest, felt sympathy for Farrell with his kid situation etc

I actually thought it got worse. Utter shite. Very disappointing as I thought series one was brilliant.

Malinga the Swinga

Aquarius makes good viewing. The young Charlie Manson makes for a very creepy subject but he is out acted by David Duchnovy of X Files fame.

The Fall

Set in Northern Ireland, Starring Gillian Anderson.

Its about a serial killer who hunts young female brunettes.

outstanding :thumbsup: Anderson is hot as fek in it.

Carl Fredrickson

The Fall

Set in Northern Ireland, Starring Gillian Anderson.

Its about a serial killer who hunts young female brunettes.

outstanding :thumbsup: Anderson is hot as fek in it.

A cracking show. Really enjoyed it. IIRC there was a second series of it too. 

BRAVEHEART1874

Just started watching the strain. Seems ok after 1 episode.

Whilst I'm still watching this ep13 i feel it could have been a lot better

...a bit disco

Just started watching the strain. Seems ok after 1 episode.

Gets a bit slow and convoluted in places but a reasonable watch nonetheless.

Narcos just came on Netflix today story of Pablo Escobar and the drug cartels.All episodes available to view.Not watched it yet but gets great ratings.

JudyJudyJudy

About to watch the final Hannibal

:sob:

Im watching it later as my Friday  treat but ive been disappointed in this season though. Its been so SLOW...

JudyJudyJudy

Started watching Peaky Blinders on Netflix last night, enjoyed the first episode. Looks promising.

Its brilliant stay wth it

JudyJudyJudy

Ive finished watching Sense8.  Its been ok but not outstanding. Its a kinda sci fi series, about 8 people around the world who are connected to each other via their minds. Hard to describe really :)

Im watching it later as my Friday  treat but ive been disappointed in this season though. Its been so SLOW...

At times it has been,but it still fascinates me. The ending is fitting though. 39 episodes of awesome TV in general

JudyJudyJudy

Yes the ending was not bad . I'm glad it's not being renewed though as I think Fuller would make a muck up of Silence of the lambs storyline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seymour M Hersh

Just watched at the weekend,  the final (series 3) episode of person of interest.  Brilliant show that started off a little formulaic but has really developed into an excellent series.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

If you like any of the following films:-

The Matrix

Fight Club

American Pyscho

You absolutely must watch Mr Robot.  It's fantastic - you heard it here first.

jack D and coke

Finally caught up with Game of Thrones. It's not really as good as everybody makes out is it....

It kind of drifts along with some silly stories and then to keep you interested kills off some main characters brutally and then it's back to more drifting storylines. It seems to jump all over the place to me.

I'm getting a little bit bored with it tbh.

Edited by jack D and coke

Jambof3tornado

Finally caught up with Game of Thrones. It's not really as good as everybody makes out is it....

It kind of drifts along with some silly stories and then to keep you interested kills off some main characters brutally and then it's back to more drifting storylines. It seems to jump all over the place to me.

Wow......just wow.

Say What Again

Ohhh, you're being brave. You'll learn pretty quickly you can't say ANYTHING minutely negative about GoT around here.

I'm a big fan of the show but when I suggested the first 3 episodes of the last season were slow and uneventful (which they were), I was ragdolled about the thread then chewed up and spat out. Apparently anybody who didn't greatly appreciate the all powerful superbness of every orgasmic GoT second, is only capable of liking shows that have explosions every 2 mins and helicopter gunships. :lol:

GoT uber fans are very precious and protective. Tread carefully ;)

Edited by Say What Again

jack D and coke

Ohhh, you're being brave. You'll learn pretty quickly you can't say ANYTHING minutely negative about GoT around here.

I'm a big fan of the show but when I suggested the first 3 episodes of the last season were slow and uneventful (which they were), I was ragdolled about the thread then chewed up and spat out. I was accused of only liking shows that have explosions every 2 mins and helicopter gunships. :lol:

[emoji1]oh is that right! Some precious souls getting defensive about a TV Show? Wow...just wow :gok:

I wasn't meaning it was total shite or anything but that last series I felt was one of the poorest and to me it just felt all over the shop.

[emoji1]oh is that right! Some precious souls getting defensive about a TV Show? Wow...just wow :gok:

I wasn't meaning it was total shite or anything but that last series I felt was one of the poorest and to me it just felt all over the shop.

It's when a show is hyped to the max, whenever you get around to watching it you are always let down.

I was the same with Breaking Bad.

jack D and coke

It's when a show is hyped to the max, whenever you get around to watching it you are always let down.

I was the same with Breaking Bad.

Yep very true. Although I was absolutely gripped with BB.

I'm a fan of GOT but that last series I don't think was one of the better ones. After seeing the finale last night I was just like ffs how many main characters can you kill off without it losing direction. It used to be one of the main points that kept you gripped but there's no real surprise anymore.

I'm a big fan of the show but when I suggested the first 3 episodes of the last season were slow and uneventful (which they were), I was ragdolled about the thread then chewed up and spat out. Apparently anybody who didn't greatly appreciate the all powerful superbness of every orgasmic GoT second, is only capable of liking shows that have explosions every 2 mins and helicopter gunships. :lol:

I am a big fan of the show also but there are quite a lot of big lulls in the series throughout.I found the first season the toughest to get through and 2 and 3 the most enjoyable.

The whispers finale has just aired in the USA, thought it was a really good sci fi show with the potential to have more seasons. Unfortunately I don't think the viewing figures will allow

Say What Again

Another who's just watched the last ever Hannibal. I thought the last season was really hard word at the start but it picked up.

Thought the ending was excellent.

Ive finished watching Sense8.  Its been ok but not outstanding. Its a kinda sci fi series, about 8 people around the world who are connected to each other via their minds. Hard to describe really :)

Just started this - watched the first two episodes.  Good stuff so far but no idea where it's going.

Another who's just watched the last ever Hannibal. I thought the last season was really hard word at the start but it picked up.

Thought the ending was excellent.

The ending was excellent and entirely fitting. Apparently Bryan fuller has explored ideas for a fourth season (God knows how though, unless there was a ledge over that cliff), but the chances of it being picked up are very remote. Another season might tarnish what's been an incredible series.

The ending was excellent and entirely fitting. Apparently Bryan fuller has explored ideas for a fourth season (God knows how though, unless there was a ledge over that cliff), but the chances of it being picked up are very remote. Another season might tarnish what's been an incredible series.

I was almost getting a bit fed up with this series but kept with it because the first 2 were excellent; delighted I stuck with. The ended was awesome, didn't see it coming at all. I'd like them to leave it alone now!!

Somebody recommend Grimm to me, is it scary? I don't do horror [emoji38]

Its watchable and enjoyable nonsense! Im halfway through series 3.

And no. Its not scary. ;)

Say What Again

Another season might tarnish what's been an incredible series.

The ended was awesome, didn't see it coming at all. I'd like them to leave it alone now!!

I hope they leave it alone now too. It's been a good 3 seasons with a satisfying ending that didn't leave any real loose ends.

Not sure I'd be too keen on them churning out a fourth season after that ending.

Say What Again

Just watched the most recent episode of Under The Dome: Series 3. It's good, really impressed with it. I liked the 2nd series more than the 1st and I would say the 3rd is just as good as the 2nd so far.

I hope it gets an ending in season 3 as it's not being renewed for a fourth season due to falling ratings.

Somebody recommend Grimm to me, is it scary? I don't do horror :lol:

No.  More funny than scarey.  Not sure it's meant to be that way.

Now four episodes into Sense8 and loving it.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series