Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Personally I really like it, three seasons in and it still holds my attention. Can't see much more longevity in it though

Series 3 episode 11 just on my HDmovies app. Really . Enjoyable show. 1st series was the best mind.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Muppetboy

Series 3 episode 11 just on my HDmovies app. Really . Enjoyable show. 1st series was the best mind.

Surprised if it gets a fourth season. There's only so far it can go.

invernessjt

Personally I really like it, three seasons in and it still holds my attention. Can't see much more longevity in it though

Just deleted series 3 off my Sky box. Thought it was too samey.

JudyJudyJudy

"Gotham" about the early life of Batman, The Penguin etc is really good. Highly recommend this. " Orange is the new black " is terrific too. AS well as the Nordic noir shows such as " The Bridge" " The Killing" 

...a bit disco

Just done the box set on Daredevil.

Thoroughly enjoyed it too.

The Americans

A couple who work for the KGB at the height of the cold war, pose as an American couple living every day life. Plenty of action, drama, and tidy bursds. Really enjoying it

ToadKiller Dog

Enjoying the second series of Gotham with Penguin and the future Riddler stand out performances .

Watched through the first two series of Auf weidersehen pet first time in many a moon , Still top quality

invernessjt

The Affair starting on Sky Atlantic next week.......Golden Gobe winning series from America

Watched the 1st 3 episodes so far and I've been really impressed.

Woooaahhh..........

Are people watching the same Gotham that I did? I gave up after 6 episodes. I thought it was genuinely crap. The Penguin was the only decent character. Things I didnt like; The complete mockney Alfred, the annoying Harvey Bullock with his cliched bad cop routine (in every episode man...), Fish Mooney being as sexy as a bag of spanners, the horrendous part comedy/part CSI tone, the way they practically scream 'HE'LL TURN INTO THE RIDDLER! THERES CATWOMAN! THIS ONE IS THE PENGUIN! The piss poor acting, the terrible effects, 

Honestly, I thought it was complete junk. 

On season 5 of Mad Men, now there's an awesome show with proper writing. 

As others have said, Justified is a decent brain free watch .The ending is brilliant, nearly had the tears flowing. 

The Affair starting on Sky Atlantic next week.......Golden Gobe winning series from America

I watched it on HBO. It was OK, but didn't really capture my attention and was a bit dull. The missus liked it.

Chester™

Enjoying the second series of Gotham with Penguin and the future Riddler stand out performances .

Watched through the first two series of Auf weidersehen pet first time in many a moon , Still top quality

You're still on the first series. It was a mid season break that had it off the screens for a bit.

Renewed for a second one though.

No Offence on Channel 4 the other night was pretty good.   Ooooft, that opening bit, though!  Probably won't be popular as it's not American. :33:

Only problem is that I can't get the Arabella Weir character from the Fast Show out of my head - "no offence."

Malinga the Swinga

Still really like Elementary with JL Miller and L Liu. Also Blue with Julia Styles has been good with season 1 just finishing. Quite like Peeny Dreadful but waiting on Under the Dome to come back.

Don Draper

The greatest US-made series ever.  IMO.

vegas-voss

No Offence on Channel 4 the other night was pretty good. Ooooft, that opening bit, though! Probably won't be popular as it's not American. :33:

Only problem is that I can't get the Arabella Weir character from the Fast Show out of my head - "no offence."

Watched it last night and quite liked it.Different from the usual cop shows.

Muppetboy

"Gotham" about the early life of Batman, The Penguin etc is really good. Highly recommend this. " Orange is the new black " is terrific too. AS well as the Nordic noir shows such as " The Bridge" " The Killing"

The end of the series was a bit farcical, other than that I've enjoyed it.

Salem is excellent, the Enfield haunting,although just a mini series,creeped me out after first episode

Seymour M Hersh

Madam Secretary on Sky Living

Wife and I are enjoying this. See how it pans out as only two have been on so far.

With Walking Dead and Better Call Saul done, my main programmes just now are Person of Interest and The Following.

I'm really surprised The Following went beyond season 1 tbh but it's still decent.

Gonna go back and watch some shows from a decade ago: The Dead Zone, Sliders, The Pretender and maybe even Quantum Leap!

Jamhammer

The Americans

A couple who work for the KGB at the height of the cold war, pose as an American couple living every day life. Plenty of action, drama, and tidy bursds. Really enjoying it

Great show. You just reminded me The Game is on tonight on BBC 2. Similar era but British.

Started on Vikings and almost blitzed the first series. I've enjoyed it, although everyone speaking modern English most of the time, but occasionally switching to old-English or Norse and being subtitled is a bit strange.

Started on Vikings and almost blitzed the first series. I've enjoyed it, although everyone speaking modern English most of the time, but occasionally switching to old-English or Norse and being subtitled is a bit strange.

it gets more ?????? up later as it goes in that sense. Finished season 3 last week amazing show and vastly underated.

North Berwick Jambo

I watched every episode of Walking Dead in week last month & I have just watched all of Breaking Bad in a week, I preferred Breaking Bad but both of them were well worth waiting for. So what the hell do i watch next?

Seen a few on here recommend Gomorrah. Its just been put on Amazon prime so might give it a go later.

I watched every episode of Walking Dead in week last month & I have just watched all of Breaking Bad in a week, I preferred Breaking Bad but both of them were well worth waiting for. So what the hell do i watch next?

Hannibal

North Berwick Jambo

Hannibal

Two episodes in, looks good! Cheers mate ;)

Two episodes in, looks good! Cheers mate ;)

Stick with it, gets even better. When you catch up you will be wanting more.fortunately the next season starts summertime

Woooaahhh..........

Are people watching the same Gotham that I did? I gave up after 6 episodes. I thought it was genuinely crap. The Penguin was the only decent character. Things I didnt like; The complete mockney Alfred, the annoying Harvey Bullock with his cliched bad cop routine (in every episode man...), Fish Mooney being as sexy as a bag of spanners, the horrendous part comedy/part CSI tone, the way they practically scream 'HE'LL TURN INTO THE RIDDLER! THERES CATWOMAN! THIS ONE IS THE PENGUIN! The piss poor acting, the terrible effects,

As others have said, Justified is a decent brain free watch .The ending is brilliant, nearly had the tears flowing.

Finally! The other major issue is that the Super villains are a reaction to the Batman but this has them all pretty much building into their characters while Bruce Wayne is still in shorts

Woooaahhh..........

Gothams finale was shockingly shoddy. Bit disappointed the following has been cancelled.hopefully another network picks it up

Say What Again

Bit disappointed the following has been cancelled.hopefully another network picks it up

Whoa. Has it been cancelled without a conclusion like Deadwood? It's well documented on this thread that broke my heart :(

I'm not going to go through another 2 seasons of The Following if it's been binned without an ending. Though if it's the same characters from season 1, I can see why folk are losing interest.

I thought, you know, might have been resolved in season 1 - never mind 3.

Whoa. Has it been cancelled without a conclusion like Deadwood? It's well documented on this thread that broke my heart :(

I'm not going to go through another 2 seasons of The Following if it's been binned without an ending. Though if it's the same characters from season 1, I can see why folk are losing interest.

I thought, you know, might have been resolved in season 1 - never mind 3.

It's currently on episode 11 of the third season, I'm not sure how many episodes are left tbh. I can imagine the end of this season will bring a resolution to things. The way the storyline is just now, not to give too much away, there should be scope to conclude it all and tie up any loose ends. The end was probably anticipated by the writers anyway. I think it's run its corse to be fair

Say What Again

I think it's run its corse to be fair

Won't argue with that. I've only watched s1 and after 2/3 episodes of that I expected it to conclude at the end of the season. The fact it's reached season three - without me having seen s2 or s3 - was already kicking the arse out of it IMO.

I'm thoroughly enjoying The Americans. Thanks for the heads up on this Jkb

Just finished season 3, I've read that the 4th season 4 will be shown in 2016. Fantastic show, I was hooked and watched the 3 in about a week

Gerd Muller

Just finished Friday Night Lights, superb show, thoroughly enjoyed it. Didnt have a clue about American Football before it but alot more to it that that. 

Just finished Friday Night Lights, superb show, thoroughly enjoyed it. Didnt have a clue about American Football before it but alot more to it that that.

If you've not seen the film the show was based on give it a watch. Billy Bob Thornton is good as the coach. Edited by Grado

...a bit disco

Quite fancy the look of Wayward Pines, starts this Thursday.

Looks interesting.

Possibly the new Twin Peaks?

Can't wait for Jonathan Strange & Mr Norell on Sunday.  The book is seriously good and BBC have given it seven episodes which is a fair effort rather than trying to edit a book a couple of inches thick into an hour or two of telly.

Chester™

Looks interesting.

Possibly the new Twin Peaks?

When I read a quick synopsis, my first thought was, 'that sounds a bit Twin Peaks(ish)'.

It wont be as good but I'm going to give it a go.:)

When I read a quick synopsis, my first thought was, 'that sounds a bit Twin Peaks(ish)'.

It wont be as good but I'm going to give it a go.:)

I'm going to watch it too. Sounds interesting and has a great cast. Only one series planned so no big deal if it's not up to much.

Rudolf's Mate

Came on to post about Wayward Pines as I've only just heard or it. Notice it's been mentioned already but right up my street! Looks brilliant.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series