Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

How ****ing good is andor. 

And what an actor Andy serkis is when he's not doing all that motion capture shit and is allowed to just act

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/11/2022 at 16:37, Cruyff said:

Gangs of London is decent. Must be the most violently graphic TV series ever made though. :lol: It's brutal. 

Luan is tremendous in season 2.

Terrific ending to the 5th season of " The Handmaids Tale" 

Yvonne Strahovski has been incredible as Serena Waterford.  All the cast are exceptional.  One of the great tv series.  One last season to go.

She is also incredibly beautiful 

073b006f15a5bd6fbab424e4e6ad17ce.jpg

Appreciate Brassic has already been mentioned including a post by myself.

Finally caught up on all 4 series after dipping my toe in.

If you haven’t watched it I suggest you do but start from series 1 and not what I did which was to flit between series and episodes. 

I believe it’s semi autobiographical based on the actor Joseph Gilguns life growing up in NW England?

Whatever the source for the stories were it’s absolutely hilarious. Genuine PMSL stuff. Very heartwarming in places, charming, beautifully scripted and very very funny.

Can not wait for series 5!!!

I just stumbled across "Person of interest" with Jim Caviezel. 

I think it might be 10 years old but fairly enjoyable American nonsense.

13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The English. BBC2 and I player.

Very good. 

On my watch list.  I like Emily Blunt. Shes a good actress. 

Samuel Camazzola
On 14/11/2022 at 15:09, JudyJudyJudy said:

Terrific ending to the 5th season of " The Handmaids Tale" 

Yvonne Strahovski has been incredible as Serena Waterford.  All the cast are exceptional.  One of the great tv series.  One last season to go.

She is also incredibly beautiful 

073b006f15a5bd6fbab424e4e6ad17ce.jpg

First time I've seen her appear in something since 24.

39 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Never seen “ 24”  she’s been in a few things . There was a good drama called 

“ Stateless “ a true story about a scandal in Australia about an immigration centre . It’s very good . Also was in “ Dexter “ years ago too . 

51 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

If you've ever played any of the Mass Effect games - she's Miranda.

Started watching 1899 on Netflix tonight and about half way through the first episode. Christ knows what is going on or where it’s heading but it’s interesting so far. 

mrmarkus1981_1
12 hours ago, Tazio said:

Started watching 1899 on Netflix tonight and about half way through the first episode. Christ knows what is going on or where it’s heading but it’s interesting so far. 

I'm sure it's from the same writers of the German TV show 'Dark'. Mind bending but excellent, I'll definitely watch this

Pepsi, Where's My Jet?

4 part documetary about a young guy who collects enough Pepsi tokens to claim the Harrier fighter jet they jokingly offered in a sweepstake a few years back.

Fairly light hearted look at two guys who take advantage of some sloppy legal due diligence by Pepsi.

fairly enjoyable but could have covered everything in 3 parts.

" The English " on Iplayer. Emily Blunt plays a Victorian lady out for revenge in this well revenge Western.  

Its a great revisionist tale .  Its very violent but also insightful about Native Americans and their culture. I really enjoyed it

Spoiler

For those who watched it , what disease did she have ? 

henrysmithsgloves
6 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

" The English " on Iplayer. Emily Blunt plays a Victorian lady out for revenge in this well revenge Western.  

Its a great revisionist tale .  Its very violent but also insightful about Native Americans and their culture. I really enjoyed it

Hide contents

Strapadicktome? Or was that another film?🤔

2 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Strapadicktome? Or was that another film?🤔

That’s not a disease ! 😂

3 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Must have been another film then 🤠

26CB0153-FA48-40CF-AED0-C9814B6F1D61.gif

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

On 19/11/2022 at 17:54, JudyJudyJudy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Syphilis 

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Syphilis 

Thanks . I thought it was something to do with ticks and cattle ? And had spread to humans . Thank god they found medicines for it . 

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Thanks . I thought it was something to do with ticks and cattle ? And had spread to humans . Thank god they found medicines for it . 

From the VD(use of old money here), lectures,I used to get when in the RN, we were informed that syphilis was by far worse than the likes of gonorrhoea and NSU, as syphilis could lie dormant in the human body for upto seven years, and could kill you.

21 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

From the VD(use of old money here), lectures,I used to get when in the RN, we were informed that syphilis was by far worse than the likes of gonorrhoea and NSU, as syphilis could lie dormant in the human body for upto seven years, and could kill you.

Yes it was lethal back in the day and yet still get people thinking its harmless 

I watched the first episode of Wednesday the new Tim Burton series on Netflix about Wednesday Addams. Checked it out for my own curiosity but it’s actually really good and I ended up binging the first 4 episodes. The young actress playing Wednesday is fantastic and a neat little bit of casting having Christina Ricci playing one of the teachers at her school. 

+1 vote for Wednesday.

Teenage Wednesday Addams goes to a Hogwarts-esque boarding school for freaks.
A series-arcing murder mystery ensues, alongside the usual high school stuff you'd expect.
Jenna Ortega steals the show as Wednesday.

Catherine Zeta Jones vamps it up as Morticia.

On 26/11/2022 at 22:12, Cade said:

+1 vote for Wednesday.

A series-arcing murder mystery ensues, alongside the usual high school stuff you'd expect.

CZJ , shes still got it.

On 26/11/2022 at 22:12, Cade said:

+1 vote for Wednesday.

Watched the first 4 episodes. You can tell it is Tim Burton. I agree Jenna Ortega is very good in it. I also like the nod to the 90s films having Christina Ricci in it. I wonder if Gwendoline Christie has a multi show deal with Netflix as she was also in The Sandman.

HeartsandonlyHearts
On 02/11/2022 at 14:33, 1971fozzy said:

The Watcher - Netflix 

I recommend nobody watches this shite. 7 hours of my life wiped out. Would of been as well watching paint dry. 

I knew early I should have stopped but I’m a glutton for punishment. Absolutely $#!te.

The Real Maroonblood
On 15/11/2022 at 15:50, Pans Jambo said:

I just stumbled across "Person of interest" with Jim Caviezel. 

I think it might be 10 years old but fairly enjoyable American nonsense.

Quite enjoyed it when it was first screened.

I’ve just watched the first episode of The Devil’s Hour on Amazon. Very well made but I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be good but seriously creepy. 
Peter Capaldi is very sinister in it. 

Edited by Tazio

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I’ve just watched the first episode of The Devil’s Hour on Amazon. Very well made but I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be good but seriously creepy. 
Peter Capaldi is very sinister in it. 

Well, just started the 3rd episode. This is very good. Slow moving but the story arc is really well paced and keeping you wanting to know more. As an aside it has a nice sound design, some of the more intense scenes I suddenly realised I could feel the sound through my feet as my sub woofer was at such low frequencies. Not intrusive but nicely subtle. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Well, just started the 3rd episode. This is very good. Slow moving but the story arc is really well paced and keeping you wanting to know more. As an aside it has a nice sound design, some of the more intense scenes I suddenly realised I could feel the sound through my feet as my sub woofer was at such low frequencies. Not intrusive but nicely subtle. 

I thought it was awful . However not awful enough not to watch till the end so there must have been some redeeming things to it I guess . 

Going to have a crack at "Yellowstone". Modern day ranch owner Kevin Costner and his family. Just watched the first episode. Think it'll be decent. Got it on IPTV.

Disser Pointon
21 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Going to have a crack at "Yellowstone". Modern day ranch owner Kevin Costner and his family. Just watched the first episode. Think it'll be decent. Got it on IPTV.

It's brilliant. The spin off series 1883 is also very good and the follow up to that, 1923, is out in a couple of weeks.

On 06/12/2022 at 09:58, Pans Jambo said:

I started watching it after reading about it on here.Its really good can't believe it's took me so long to watch it but I have plenty to binge now.Acting is great and the cinematography is that of a epic  movie.

Edited by vegas-voss

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

I started watching it after reading about it on here.Its really good can't believe it's took me so long to watch it but I have plenty to binge now.Acting is great and the cinematography is that of a epic  movie.

Yea watched 3 episodes already. Montana back-drop is beautiful.

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Yea watched 3 episodes already. Montana back-drop is beautiful.

Same as me watched first three well 4 really as the first was on for over 1.5 hours.Time I have watched this I will then move on to Sheridan's other show Tulsa King which seems to be also getting good reviews.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Same as me watched first three well 4 really as the first was on for over 1.5 hours.Time I have watched this I will then move on to Sheridan's other show Tulsa King which seems to be also getting good reviews.

I have that very show Queued up next as well. Who doesn't like Sly?

43 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Watching a BBC game called 'The Traitors', it's been brilliant!  

There’s a thread about it on the forum 

henrysmithsgloves
4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I have that very show Queued up next as well. Who doesn't like Sly?

As long as there is subtitles 😁