Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Carl Fredrickson

I have been holding back on watching S3 of Happy Valley but started watching it earlier today. Now on episode 5. Absolutely fantastic TV. 

I am sure I have said this before but Sarah Lancaster is one of my favourite actresses. Plays her role really well. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fight The Power: How Hip Hop Changed The World on the BBC has been excellent. Chuck D always strikes me as a character with a real presence about him, he doesn’t waste a word. 

Fauda Season 4 (Netflix) - Drama about the Israel defence forces 

First 3 seasons were pretty good but season 4 is the best. Plenty action and very tense at times while they search for a Hamas terrorist.  well recommended.

Started watching Gunther's Millions (Netflix) last night. 4 part series about the richest dog in the world with a trust fund worth $400 million. Only watched 2 episodes so far and quite funny but you know something's not quite right! 

18 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I have been holding back on watching S3 of Happy Valley but started watching it earlier today. Now on episode 5. Absolutely fantastic TV. 

I am sure I have said this before but Sarah Lancaster is one of my favourite actresses. Plays her role really well. 

Totally agree about Sarah.

Best of British, better than the much overrated Line of Duty.

11 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Totally agree about Sarah.

Best of British, better than the much overrated Line of Duty.

:rofl:

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Laugh all you want. Each series has moved more and more into unrealistic pish.

Aye cause the court escape is realistic af. :rofl:

Dick Dastardly
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm watching D.B Cooper.

I read about him a while ago. Is it a documentary or a fiction series you are watching? 

21 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I read about him a while ago. Is it a documentary or a fiction series you are watching? 

Documentary.

23 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Hitler The Lost Tapes on 4OD

Where did they find them ? 😂

“ 1923” really enjoying the follow  up to 

1883.  Helen Mirren and Harrison Ford star in it . 

On 03/02/2023 at 14:42, stevieboobs said:

Fauda Season 4 (Netflix) - Drama about the Israel defence forces 

First 3 seasons were pretty good but season 4 is the best. Plenty action and very tense at times while they search for a Hamas terrorist.  well recommended.

Started watching Gunther's Millions (Netflix) last night. 4 part series about the richest dog in the world with a trust fund worth $400 million. Only watched 2 episodes so far and quite funny but you know something's not quite right! 

Watched Gunther's Millions. Each episode reveals more and more until the game is up. Fantastic TV, watched one episode straight after the other.

Solid 8/10

Edited by GinRummy

For fans of Bosch and Bosch: Legacy, Michael Connelly has announced that Amazon have 2 new spinoff shows in development. One is based on J Edgar, his partner from the Bosch series, and the other is based on Renee Ballard who he's written a few novels about recently as someone that's worked with Bosch since he retired.

Finally finished the first season of Severance. It's a bit slow at times, but the concept is really interesting and the final episode is very good.

Carl Fredrickson

Clarkson's Farm S2

Will not be everyone's cup of tea as Clarkson is quite a divisive character. 

The show continues from the first series and show the struggles UK farmers face with the loss of EU subsidies. It also show how much the local council dislike Clarkson. 

Life on Mars”  

I decided  to re watch this again . It really is superb . It’s a great homage to “ the sweeney” “ the professionals “ and many other cop tv shows of the 70s. Humour is pretty savage at times and a great antidote to how people over , over sensitive has become . Top notch performances from John Sim and Phillip Glenister who plays Gene Hunt . That character is one of tvs great characters . He’s a ^^^^ but a big softie really . 

Cameronstheman

The Offeron Paramount  was good, though not  that new

As for Fuada.. Israel good ,well most of the time, Arabs stupid, well most of the time

Doran has no fear Re of  the rights or wrongs , but would also  go against the the grain, but i liked it 

Edited by Cameronstheman

On 13/02/2023 at 12:53, Tommy Brown said:

The Gold on BBC1 last night (6 epiodes on iplayer)

Drama on the Brinks Matt Gold bullion heist in the 80s.

Watched. Not bad.

Malinga the Swinga

Thought I'd give the much hyped Happy Valley a go. 

It's okay but the personal stuff whenever the main family are involved, it simply doesn't ring true. Doesn't help suffering from over acting by Sarah Lancashire. She ruins every scene she is in.

On 13/02/2023 at 18:17, Carl Fredrickson said:

Clarkson's Farm S2

Will not be everyone's cup of tea as Clarkson is quite a divisive character. 

The show continues from the first series and show the struggles UK farmers face with the loss of EU subsidies. It also show how much the local council dislike Clarkson. 

They really do hate him dont they. Wonder if all their restrictions will mean the end of the show.

Enjoyed both seasons. The tractor wheelieing out of the field was a highlight.

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, Americana said:

They really do hate him dont they. Wonder if all their restrictions will mean the end of the show.

Enjoyed both seasons. The tractor wheelieing out of the field was a highlight.

I think Amazon have committed to a third series but no mention of anything beyond that. 

The fact that other local farmers are struggling and were going to work as a co-operative on the restaurant was a great idea. Would not only employ people in the restaurant but also a lot of local people in the supply chain, 

Clarkson doesnt have spout some pish in his newspaper article but this show highlights so many issues that Govt and local authorities are guilty of in hindering farmers. 

Despite all the stressful nonsense there are still plenty of laughs and a lot of educational stuff. 

21 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I think Amazon have committed to a third series but no mention of anything beyond that. 

The fact that other local farmers are struggling and were going to work as a co-operative on the restaurant was a great idea. Would not only employ people in the restaurant but also a lot of local people in the supply chain, 

Clarkson doesnt have spout some pish in his newspaper article but this show highlights so many issues that Govt and local authorities are guilty of in hindering farmers. 

Despite all the stressful nonsense there are still plenty of laughs and a lot of educational stuff. 

:spoton:

no matter peoples views on clarkson, these two series has shown the difficulty farmers have in having a sustainable business especially since brexit and the lack of a replacement of the EU grants. The couple of big things for me was the dairy farmer woman, her business was not going backrupt due to clarksons farmshop selling it and the restuarant would have helped further. Second is that supermarkets pay what £1500-£1800 for a full cow carcass, yet we saw the startup costs meant they would have to sell 100s of cows to cover the initial investment. Us as consumers are partly to blame for that along with the supermarkets as we want our food to be as cheap as possible not realising/caring that it is squeezing farmers.

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

:spoton:

no matter peoples views on clarkson, these two series has shown the difficulty farmers have in having a sustainable business especially since brexit and the lack of a replacement of the EU grants. The couple of big things for me was the dairy farmer woman, her business was not going backrupt due to clarksons farmshop selling it and the restuarant would have helped further. Second is that supermarkets pay what £1500-£1800 for a full cow carcass, yet we saw the startup costs meant they would have to sell 100s of cows to cover the initial investment. Us as consumers are partly to blame for that along with the supermarkets as we want our food to be as cheap as possible not realising/caring that it is squeezing farmers.

Add to that those pesky badgers. 

So much red tape that farmers need to adhere to that there is no way they can continue as they are. If the farmers sell up, who is going to buy the land? More than likely property developers and I bet their planning applications would get through ok. 

17 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Thought I'd give the much hyped Happy Valley a go. 

It's okay but the personal stuff whenever the main family are involved, it simply doesn't ring true. Doesn't help suffering from over acting by Sarah Lancashire. She ruins every scene she is in.

I have never watched it but my sister in-law and mother in-law have and they reckon she is the best actress on television.Opinions eh 🤣

12 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I have never watched it but my sister in-law and mother in-law have and they reckon she is the best actress on television.Opinions eh 🤣

Aye opinions

Malingas is generally best ignored

Very good. It is an interesting story. Some surprises. Been criticised for being too sympathetic to the robbers but I thought it was more real with some very realistic characters. Could equally have been criticised for being too sympathetic to the Police. 

Worth a watch.

Just watching the first episode of that. Guy picks up a bar of gold in the lock up with one hand and waves it like it was a big bar of chocolate. It weighs around 12 kilo ffs!! It's like picking up 12 bags of sugar!! Wee bit realism wouldn't go amiss.

Carl Fredrickson
5 hours ago, Marvin said:

Wednesday on Netflix is not bad. Obviously an Addams Family spin off. Decent series 7.5/10 

Watched it with my 7 year old daughter who absolutely loved it. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. 

Manhunt (ITVX). 

Not to be confused with the US show of the same name. Dramatisation of two cases from the memoirs of DCI Colin Sutton.

I thought both were worth a decent watch.

I have cancelled Netflix for the time being and have been watching a lot of dramas on ITVX that I missed as I dont watch live TV

Watched the final episodes of episodes of The Gold on iplayer last night.

During the final summarisation, it just cut off. Don't know how I missed, bloody annoying.

A great watch. Going to buy books on this story. 6 episodes don't do it justice.