• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dick Dastardly
10 hours ago, benny said:

Aye just wondering if it had another significance.

Absolutely no idea at all. Maybe someone who's playes the games might be able to enlighten us? 

1 hour ago, Americana said:

Loved that much that I went out and bought the book, pretty sure ive now ruined season two which arrives in 2024 , but I wasnt up for the wait.

Last of Us looks very promising, although with it being based on a video game im dodging spoilers on youtube like Old Firm highlights.

Watched some of it last night . Reminds me of “ the walking dead “ I’ll give it another couple episodes 

Disser Pointon
20 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

House of the Dragons - on disc.

loved game of thrones and just binge watched this spin off. Superb. Loved it 10/10 easy

I enjoyed it as well, far superior to the LOTR series on Amazon that came out at the same time. Also re-watched GOT recently and actually enjoyed it more second time round surprisingly.

Edited by Disser Pointon

Dick Dastardly

Criminal Minds Evolution. I didn't even know this was a thing! One episode in and its back to its best. Missing a few characters but I've got a theory about that..... 😉 

The Last of Us (now tv/sky) based on the video game. Fantastic first episode. About America’s last survivors of a fungal outbreak which turns the infected into zombie types but not like the slow ones in walking dead. One episode a week.

Dick Dastardly
4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Chippendales on Disney. 

It’s slightly above average but not great. It’s basically the story of the guy behind the chippendales and their rise and his demise. 

DX5oc6YV4AAroHh.jpg

Dick Dastardly
16 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Can’t lie sang the ‘rescue rangers’ song every time stuck it on. 

Currently singing it right now, it’s a catchy number no doubt👍

It's far superior to the Alvin, Simon and Theodore pish

On 08/01/2023 at 09:21, Ray Gin said:

Enjoying Kaleidoscope on Netflix. 

Hide contents

Weird casting choice though with Leo's daughter starting off played by a black kid then being played by a Black-Asian adult. How tf did she suddenly become part asian?

Big debates on what order to watch the series. 

I'd recommend the Netflix order with White last. 

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I believe the Netflix order is random for everyone except the final episode.

Season 2 of Hunters has arrived on Amazon Prime. Drama about nazi hunters. First season with was excellent. Al Pacino as the big name. 

Edited by Tazio

17 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

That's the way I watched it, and it worked for me. It's not going to go down as must see tv but it's definitely watchable.

Black, Yellow, Green. Blue, Orange, Violet, Red, Pink, White ... is what it gave me.

On 21/01/2023 at 21:35, Tazio said:

Season 2 of Hunters has arrived on Amazon Prime. Drama about nazi hunters. First season with was excellent. Al Pacino as the big name. 

Watched the first episode last night, was pretty slow going until the end.

Enjoyed the first.

50 minutes ago, Americana said:

Watched the first episode last night, was pretty slow going until the end.

Enjoyed the first.

It’s just as crazy as the first once it picks up pace. 

7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've been looking forward to series 2 of Hunters, the first one was a bit mental but enjoyable. 

I’m just about to watch the last episode. Fair to say this season is also mental. 

Reginald the Vampire on Sky SyFy. I was looking forward to this comedy horror series, as had read the books it was based on and they were quiet entertaining. The show was a bit slow picking up, and the acting wasn't great by some of the cast, but it did improve as it went on. Apparently renewed for a 2nd season, so hopefully finds its feet next season. Jacob Batalon from the Spiderman films plays the main character.

7/10

17 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’m just about to watch the last episode. Fair to say this season is also mental. 

Did it have a proper ending as it's not getting renewed ?

Really liked the first series but not watched this one yet.

22 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Did it have a proper ending as it's not getting renewed ?

Really liked the first series but not watched this one yet.

The ended it in a way that could be the end or could be used as a start for more. Very ambiguous bot not disappointing if it is the last. 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The ended it in a way that could be the end or could be used as a start for more. Very ambiguous bot not disappointing if it is the last. 

Sound I will watch it then 

Not sure if mentioned earlier but started Servant on AppleTV+. Wee bit out there as you'd expect with any Shyamalan production but really good.

mrmarkus1981_1
6 hours ago, Sex Panther said:

Not sure if mentioned earlier but started Servant on AppleTV+. Wee bit out there as you'd expect with any Shyamalan production but really good.

Just noticed its started back again, will catch up with that tonight :)

On 21/01/2023 at 21:35, Tazio said:

just watched episode 1 of the 1st series based on what you wrote. Thanks , it looks very good

I heard some good reviews about a TV show based in Ireland, about people with superpowers. Can't remember the name. Anyone know? 

Extreme or something like that. 

Edited by ri Alban

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I heard some good reviews about a TV show based in Ireland, about people with superpowers. Can't remember the name. Anyone know? 

Extreme or something like that. 

Extraordinary

It's on Disney+ watched the first two episodes last night it's pretty decent.Made by the same folk that done Killing Eve.Lets just say it's not your usual superhero lark.

1883” western tv show about a wagon train travelling from Texas to Montana. Various adventures happen along the way . It’s the first in a trilogy series .

The second is “1923”  and the final is “Yellowstone “ . It’s very good. Half way though it .

Dick Dastardly

The Old Man - an ex C.I.A agent gets hunted down by his old employers. With Jeff Bridges as the ex agent and John Lithgow as his old handler trying to find him. I've watched the first two episodes and it seems like it's pretty good. 

10 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Watched the first 2 episodes. Terrible.

There is nothing 90's about it I watched one and told the wife just to watch the rest herself.I don't think she made it past 2

4 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Extraordinary

It's on Disney+ watched the first two episodes last night it's pretty decent.Made by the same folk that done Killing Eve.Lets just say it's not your usual superhero lark.

Just watched the first episode of this. Enjoyed it. Great soundtrack as well. 

Edited by Tazio

7 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Extraordinary

👍 Cheers

Hacks
Amazon Prime

Comedy drama. Young female writer is drafted in to assist aging Vegas star comedienne. Good performances from the leads and enough comedy along the way supporting the storyline.

Fire_At_The_Disco

Just started Happy Valley from S1 E1

Not going to lie, for years in my head I thought this would be shit…how wrong was I . I’m 4 episodes in and it’s absolutely brilliant. Looking forward to the rest of series 1 and the 2 follow ups.  

48 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Not going to lie, for years in my head I thought this would be shit…how wrong was I . I’m 4 episodes in and it’s absolutely brilliant. Looking forward to the rest of series 1 and the 2 follow ups.  

It is superb television. All the cast members are superb. Stick with it. Trust me it is well worth it.

On 28/01/2023 at 19:50, vegas-voss said:

Extraordinary

I decided to try this over the weekend. I ended up binging all of it. I enjoyed it as you say a different take on superheroes.

Spoiler

I was a bit shocked they put a bobby sands joke in it

Edited by milky_26

best in the land
On 28/01/2023 at 20:57, JudyJudyJudy said:

1883” western tv show about a wagon train travelling from Texas to Montana. Various adventures happen along the way . It’s the first in a trilogy series .

The second is “1923”  and the final is “Yellowstone “ . It’s very good. Half way though it .

Recommend this as well.

Made by Tyler Sheridan.

Also made Tulsa king which is pretty good.

Still to watch mayor of Kingstown though will give that a go soon.

7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

It is superb television. All the cast members are superb. Stick with it. Trust me it is well worth it.

Completely agree, flawless tv

2 hours ago, best in the land said:

Recommend this as well.

Made by Tyler Sheridan.

Also made Tulsa king which is pretty good.

Still to watch mayor of Kingstown though will give that a go soon.

it is excellent 

I started watching Patriot on Amazon Prime over the weekend. I remember being interested in watching it when it first came out, but then forgot about it.

It's a dark comedy thriller about a CIA agent going undercover. Definitely worth a watch, it's quite strange and hard to say what it's like, although it reminds me slightly of Fargo in its weirdness. Michael Dorman plays the main character, and I knew I'd seen him in something else, so looked it up and he was in For All Mankind too as Gordo Stevens.

Two seasons made, and both are on Prime.

Dick Dastardly
23 hours ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Yeah, i always thought that was some kinda police soap opera type thing. I think i need to watch it

Dick Dastardly
38 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

I started watching Patriot on Amazon Prime over the weekend. I remember being interested in watching it when it first came out, but then forgot about it.

It's a dark comedy thriller about a CIA agent going undercover. Definitely worth a watch, it's quite strange and hard to say what it's like, although it reminds me slightly of Fargo in its weirdness. Michael Dorman plays the main character, and I knew I'd seen him in something else, so looked it up and he was in For All Mankind too as Gordo Stevens.

Two seasons made, and both are on Prime.

Its brilliant. I binge watched it ages ago. 

On 30/01/2023 at 10:09, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

I’ll second this. Wasn’t expecting much from it, but it’s brilliant.