• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Been waiting on this coming out since it was announced.Getting great reviews

I watched the first two, third one is out tomorrow, can't wait!

The patient, 8/10

steve carrell is excellent as a therapist chained in a basement by a serial killer who needs his therapy to try to change his ways. Sounds like a limited series but it’s brilliantly tense and watchable. No cop outs in the end either

4 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Definitely looks like my thing, 

It's excellent, it's like a modern cross between Tales of the Unexpected and the Twilight Zone.

Missions

French sci-fi about manned missions to Mars, which go sideways when a Soviet Cosmonaut who died 50 years ago in an early Soyuz flight shows up alive and well.....

Goes off on some bonkers tangents but it's solidly acted and each episode is only about 20 minutes long.

3 seasons so far.

On 25/10/2022 at 18:33, Dawnrazor said:

Looks good. 

On 27/10/2022 at 06:10, Muppetboy said:

The patient, 8/10

steve carrell is excellent as a therapist chained in a basement by a serial killer who needs his therapy to try to change his ways. Sounds like a limited series but it’s brilliantly tense and watchable. No cop outs in the end either

This too 

scott herbertson
On 28/10/2022 at 22:58, Cade said:

Missions

French sci-fi about manned missions to Mars, which go sideways when a Soviet Cosmonaut who died 50 years ago in an early Soyuz flight shows up alive and well.....

Goes off on some bonkers tangents but it's solidly acted and each episode is only about 20 minutes long.

3 seasons so far.

Yes - watched that a while back . Didn't think I would enjoy it but I did - a bit different from the standard hollywood stuff and mostly better for it

On 13/10/2022 at 18:09, Ray Gin said:

Aftershock: Everest and the Nepal Earthquake.

3-part Netflix documentary about the 2015 earthquake that killed thousands of people.

The Israeli tourists :facepalm:

Watched this last week.

Absolute cheek of them, why would they even go on camera and admit what they did then try to justify it.

Sherpa on Netflix is also very good , shows these rich tour operators to be absolute bellends as well.

On 21/10/2022 at 13:27, Elljay said:

Delighted to see S4 of Babylon Berlin now available on Sky/Now TV.

One of the best ever European imports - watch it in original german with subtitles.

Patiently drumming my fingers n waiting on them releasing it here on HBO Max, love that series.

I'm watching SAS Rogue Heroes. Meant to be fairly accurate historically.

A bit hit or miss but one great line when chatting about naming the SAS.

Spoiler

"The Special Air Service...sounds like a branch of the Post Office"

Currently watching “ the devils hour” on prime . Serial killer thing with Peter capaldi and one of the lassies who was in “ line of duty. “ can’t remember her name ? Anyway it’s quite good actually , very eerie and I nearly shat myself at a scene in episode 2 . It’s very creepy ! 

Carl Fredrickson
24 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Currently watching “ the devils hour” on prime . Serial killer thing with Peter capaldi and one of the lassies who was in “ line of duty. “ can’t remember her name ? Anyway it’s quite good actually , very eerie and I nearly shat myself at a scene in episode 2 . It’s very creepy ! 

I was enjoying it until Tam and Isa from Still Game appeared.

Just now, Carl Fredrickson said:

I was enjoying it until Tam and Isa from Still Game appeared.

Oh no ! Only got to episode 3 ! I await that treat ! 

Welcome to Wrexham

(Disney+)

Enjoying this documentary series following Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds' takeover of Wrexham and their first season in charge.

The Watcher - Netflix 

I recommend nobody watches this shite. 7 hours of my life wiped out. Would of been as well watching paint dry. 

On 01/11/2022 at 15:41, Mikey1874 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Binge watched all six episodes on BBC Iplayer. Was well worth it.

Reveal hidden contents

Like JF , binged it , best thing I’ve seen for donkeys on the bbc, at first was a wee bit wary about some of the stars acting, got past that though , very good 👍 

The White Cockade

That Karen Pirie series was very enjoyable

If you've not watched it Spooks is great

but Spender is the best tv series i've seen!

henrysmithsgloves
21 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

That Karen Pirie series was very enjoyable

If you've not watched it Spooks is great

but Spender is the best tv series i've seen!

Is that spender with Jimmy nail?

On 02/11/2022 at 17:47, Ray Gin said:

Welcome to Wrexham

(Disney+)

Enjoying this documentary series following Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds' takeover of Wrexham and their first season in charge.

Was skeptical at the reasons for them taking over and didn't really buy into it, however if you follow them both on social media with everything else they have going on every second post is about Wrexham. Never the less theres some proper cringe in there too .

3 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Recently rewatched Boys From the Black Stuff

TV doesn’t come any better or bleaker than that

Have you seen the original one off dram

The Black Stuff that the series spun off from.

Brilliantly funny.

The White Cockade
7 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Have you seen the original one off dram

The Black Stuff that the series spun off from.

Brilliantly funny.

👍

Malinga the Swinga
On 07/11/2022 at 15:53, Tommy Brown said:

Another shout for BBCs Inside Man with David Tennant 

A well written caper that once you start watching, grabs you in wanting more.

Thought it was okay to start but just became preposterous with Tennant's character becoming more ridiculous every minute.

Could have got it if it was his son's stuff on drive but it wasn't and rest was pointless.

Liked the big cell mate character of Stan but the main woman character was overacted and pathetic. Ended up willing her to be killed as she was so thick it defied belief.

Good idea but shit writing and acting spoilt it

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Thought it was okay to start but just became preposterous with Tennant's character becoming more ridiculous every minute.

Could have got it if it was his son's stuff on drive but it wasn't and rest was pointless.

Liked the big cell mate character of Stan but the main woman character was overacted and pathetic. Ended up willing her to be killed as she was so thick it defied belief.

The son joked it was his. The realisation of what was on the disc then changed it. There was no way of convincing her otherwise. 

I used the word "caper". All a bit farcical.

IN my opinion, brilliantly constructed, the US prison angle was well written, all in my humble opinion 

I bow to your superiority and promise not to suggest another tv show to watch again.

Holy shite.

18 minutes ago, Cade said:

40 years ago today, we first met this bunch of reprobates, and television was never the same again

p02f408r.jpg

Loved that.Has it aged badly or still a good watch.

My favourite British comedy.

23 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It is one of the worse dramas I have even seen. Yet was compulsive viewing. Just when the viewer thought it couldn't get any worse or implausible it did in both accounts.  Only saved by the terrific  Stanley  Tucci. 

Malinga the Swinga
21 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

The son joked it was his. The realisation of what was on the disc then changed it. There was no way of convincing her otherwise. 

I used the word "caper". All a bit farcical.

IN my opinion, brilliantly constructed, the US prison angle was well written, all in my humble opinion 

I bow to your superiority and promise not to suggest another tv show to watch again.

Holy shite.

Apologies if you took criticism personally but I was only commenting on TV programme.

We are allowed to disagree.

Take the disc to police, fingerprint it and the peado's fingerprints would have been all over it.

Police also question all involved and it would have been easy to prove whose it was.

Poor and lazy writing (imo).

Watch The Sinner or Ozark if you want brilliantly constructed TV (imo). Or don't, it's a free country.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Reveal hidden contents

I enjoyed it. Hopefully it gets a second series. I read a few people on IMdB and the likes complaining about the modern rock music soundtrack and the amount of swearing, but neither annoy me at all. If anything, I thought they were a positive to the show. Hard to imagine hard-bitten salt of the earth military types wouldn't have quite an extensive swearing vocabulary!

Reading up on the known historical record of the formation of the SAS, it does seem like it's more or less kept to the background history, although obviously embellished for dramatic purposes of course.

Edited by PortyJambo

2 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

I enjoyed it. Hopefully it gets a second series. I read a few people on IMdB and the likes complaining about the modern rock music soundtrack and the amount of swearing, but neither annoy me at all. If anything, I thought they were a positive to the show. Hard to imagine hard-bitten salt of the earth military types wouldn't have quite an extensive swearing vocabulary!

Reading up on the known historical record of the formation of the SAS, it does seem like it's more or less kept to the background history, although obviously embellished for dramatic purposes of course.

There is a reason that “swears like a trooper” is an expression! 

12 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Apologies if you took criticism personally but I was only commenting on TV programme.

We are allowed to disagree.

Take the disc to police, fingerprint it and the peado's fingerprints would have been all over it.

Police also question all involved and it would have been easy to prove whose it was.

Poor and lazy writing (imo).

Watch The Sinner or Ozark if you want brilliantly constructed TV (imo). Or don't, it's a free country.

Your right it was an absolute shambles of a programme . To be honest shameful to think a high quality cast could be involved . You could drive a truck through the plot holes . 

8 hours ago, Tazio said:

There is a reason that “swears like a trooper” is an expression! 

Imagine people watching a war film and complaining about the swearing ffs ! 

5 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Imagine people watching a war film and complaining about the swearing ffs ! 

The name of the dog in "The Dambusters"......

:cornette_dog:

34 minutes ago, Cade said:

The name of the dog in "The Dambusters"......

:cornette_dog:

Oh I know what it’s name was 😎

I watched the first episode of SAS Rogue Heroes last night. It was a bit cheesy but still fairly enjoyable. I was expecting something a bit grittier.

Reveal hidden contents

Much as I enjoyed it I was distracted by how the guy playing David Wilson looked so much like Alexander Armstrong

19 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I watched the first episode of SAS Rogue Heroes last night. It was a bit cheesy but still fairly enjoyable. I was expecting something a bit grittier.

Hang in there and you will.

henrysmithsgloves
On 09/11/2022 at 20:22, PortyJambo said:

There was a documentary on years ago called "SAS the originals" I think this is it.

There's a monument to sir David Stirling on the road between doune and dunblane,worth a wee visit👍👍

Edited by henrysmithsgloves