Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Marriage BBC

Holy ****, what an absolute pile of shite.

Sean Bean and Nicola Walker too.

Dreadful dialogue and pointless plot.

Don't get me started on the closing music.

Worst thing I seen in years.

Watched all 4 episodes thinking it would turn:facepalm:

17 hours ago, William H. Bonney said:

House of the dragon is shit. 

Its been alright.

Seems to be going the same way as most Got seasons though mid season episodes with not a lot happening to build up to something massive on the second last episode and the aftermath on the finale. Which would be quite poor for a one season spin off.

28 minutes ago, Americana said:

Its been alright.

Seems to be going the same way as most Got seasons though mid season episodes with not a lot happening to build up to something massive on the second last episode and the aftermath on the finale. Which would be quite poor for a one season spin off.

Is it only one season ?

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Is it only one season ?

Correction ;- Just googled to clarify , its getting a second season.

Had thought all the houses were going to get their own spin offs.

20 minutes ago, Americana said:

Correction ;- Just googled to clarify , its getting a second season.

Had thought all the houses were going to get their own spin offs.

There is meant to be another spin off not sure what that ones going to be though

Enjoyed what uve seen so far from House if Dragon.

If you know your Taragryean family tree it sort of spoils the story a bit though. Assuming they stick to what GRR Martin wrote.

Started House Of The Dragon. Enjoying it so far and not too worried about the perceived lack of action, there’s always been a lot of political chat in Game Of Thrones to set things up for the inevitable shitstorm. 

Jambo_jim2001

Started watching halo,really enjoying it. Never played the game so watching it knowing hee haw about it. Good story line and good visual effects 👍😎

13 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Started watching halo,really enjoying it. Never played the game so watching it knowing hee haw about it. Good story line and good visual effects 👍😎

I was the same, watched it and quiet enjoyed it, but have never played the game. 

People that had played the game weren't happy with it at all, something to do with never taking his helmet off in the game....yeah, that would have worked really well in a TV show!

2 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

I was the same, watched it and quiet enjoyed it, but have never played the game. 

People that had played the game weren't happy with it at all, something to do with never taking his helmet off in the game....yeah, that would have worked really well in a TV show!

Worked pretty well for nearly all The Mandalorian 😄

Watching " The old man" with Jeff Bridges.   Not actually with him.  :) 

Great actor. However I'm struggling to get into it.  Hes a bit long on the tooth to be playing a bad ass ex operative too.  I also find it hard to understand him at times. I know he had cancer a couple years back but his voice was husky even before that  ( True Grit).  

5 hours ago, Cade said:

Rings of Power is shite.

Avoid.

It might be but it seems that everyone is watching it as my Amazon Prime has just given up the ghost on my Virgin box and is saying it’s unavailable. 

Malinga the Swinga

Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing returns to screens next Friday, BBC2 9pm.

Most relaxing and enjoyable programme on TV.

On 02/09/2022 at 15:59, Cade said:

Rings of Power is shite.

Avoid.

I thought the first 2 episodes were great 🤷🏻‍♂️ and I’m a huge LOTR fan

On 04/09/2022 at 20:41, 1971fozzy said:

I thought the first 2 episodes were great 🤷🏻‍♂️ and I’m a huge LOTR fan

Has its flaws but yeah I really enjoyed them

luckyBatistuta

Watching Red Rose on BBC iPlayer at the moment with my wife and oldest lad. We are on episode 5. So far it’s alright, but I’ve got a feeling that by the end of it, we’ll be saying it was a bit shite, hopefully not. 

Been off work last few days so decided to start watching the Umbrella Academy again from the start . What a treat it is. I never watched the 3rd season so just about to start it now

I am enjoying the Capture on BBC1.

Binge watched the first series the other week, and enjoying the second series too.

Grand Designs continues to satisfy my schadenfreude needs.

Watching overpaid arseholes spending all of their money on a big glass box that they end up resenting never fails to please.

Episode 1 of the new series sees the project taking years longer than planned and the budget going from £700k to nearly £2million including £250k which was disappeared by a Latvian builder.

:yas:

Edited by Cade

3 hours ago, Cade said:

Watching overpaid arseholes spending all of their money on a big glass box that they end up resenting never fails to please.

Episode 1 of the new series sees the project taking years longer than planned and the budget going from £700k to nearly £2million including £250k which was disappeared by a Latvian builder.

🤣

On 11/09/2022 at 16:36, Cade said:

watched that one. Said to the Mrs ‘what could possibly go wrong’ 🤣.  Turned out that the guys sister owned a glass factory so got it all free from her which kind of made me think wtf was he paying the Latvians the glass for.

Bizarre episode.

On 12/09/2022 at 18:09, Cade said:

Episode 2 of Grand Designs was just a nice couple building a modest wee house that was fre-fabricated in a factory then bolted together.

No drama at all.

:what:

looked amazing.  The way to go for sure. Very little hassle and looked top drawer

16 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

looked amazing.  The way to go for sure. Very little hassle and looked top drawer

Aye it was a lovely wee place.

The only bother during the entire build was one tree branch that got in the way when delivering the house parts.

:verysmug:

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Aye it was a lovely wee place.

The only bother during the entire build was one tree branch that got in the way when delivering the house parts.

:verysmug:

🤣🤣fixed by a ladder. Easy peasy

13 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Is that those German type ones.I watched one years ago that were those only hold up in building it was the British crane driver who turned up about 6 hours late.Workers stayed on extra hours so they could still get the job done in a weekend.Whole house built in a weekend. 

Grand Designs back to arrogant, overpaid pricks ruining their life again this week :sweeet:

5 years late, so far over budget they won't tell Kevin how much they spent, fired the builders, tore out what the builders did, refused to let anyone project manage it, working on a stupid 5 week on 5 week off schedule to match the husband's offshore shifts.
Kept banging on about how they were still together, which is a tell.

Magnificent.

Welcome To Wrexham 

Just a really good show different to all these other behind the scenes football docs that are on with a  bit light hearted humour.Cant help but find myself rooting for them I even check out there results now 🤣

Edited by vegas-voss

Carl Fredrickson
10 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Is that those German type ones.I watched one years ago that were those only hold up in building it was the British crane driver who turned up about 6 hours late.Workers stayed on extra hours so they could still get the job done in a weekend.Whole house built in a weekend. 

I havent watched GD for a while but this was one of my favourites. I think it was a Hoff (Haugh???) house where it is all built in a factory, transported over and built in a few days. 

The German workers were awesome, though I think they were motivated to get home as a World Cup or Euros was about to start. 

The hold up with the crane going to a village of a similar name in a different county was oh so British. 

The old couple on that one were hard to dislike, though I wasnt a great fan of their art, the house was amazing. 

Might watch GD on catch up now.

Untold : The Girlfriend that didn’t exist - Netflix 

2 parter in US about superstar college footballer who got catfished (putting it politely). Unbelievable story - Literally.  Poor sod 

Edited by 1971fozzy

If you enjoyed Killing Eve then Kleo on Netflix might interest you. Same kind of feel with an ex Stasi assassin looking for some sort of justice just after the Berlin Wall comes down. Quite quirky with some very dark humour in it. 

Handmaids Tale final season is back on.  First two episodes have been good. I wonder who they will end it ? Ive read " Testatments" the follow up to  The handmaids tale and it looks like they are not following the book. 

17 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I havent watched GD for a while but this was one of my favourites. I think it was a Hoff (Haugh???) house where it is all built in a factory, transported over and built in a few days. 

The German workers were awesome, though I think they were motivated to get home as a World Cup or Euros was about to start. 

The hold up with the crane going to a village of a similar name in a different county was oh so British. 

The old couple on that one were hard to dislike, though I wasnt a great fan of their art, the house was amazing. 

Might watch GD on catch up now.

Huf Haus.

Season 4 Episode 2.

Old boy passed away not too long ago.
https://www.granddesignsmagazine.com/grand-designs-houses/david-and-greta-iredale-huf-haus/

On 02/09/2022 at 17:11, JudyJudyJudy said:

Watching " The old man" with Jeff Bridges.   Not actually with him.  :) 

Great actor. However I'm struggling to get into it.  Hes a bit long on the tooth to be playing a bad ass ex operative too.  I also find it hard to understand him at times. I know he had cancer a couple years back but his voice was husky even before that  ( True Grit).  

Show was great, fizzled out a bit and then ended abruptly - but that's because they are making a second season.